Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Let's all discuss our favorite iteration of the best card fighting anime. This covers season 1 and two.

Original Yu-Gi-Oh ftw.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I used to watch but then I lost the channel it aired on due to money disputes and I never got into it. It was pretty bad so I don't think I missed anything.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by fruitjuice222 View Post
    Let's all discuss our favorite iteration of the best card fighting anime. This covers season 1 and two.
    So by season two you mean ZEXAL II?
    If so what do you think of     Spoiler:- Rei Shingetsu:

When ZEXAL first started out, I'll admit I was very dubious of it, but I wanted to give it a chance. I wouldn't have believed it when I first started watching, but the ZEXAL series has become my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Series.
    ZEXAL was also the first yugioh I started watching subbed before the english dub came out. And am I glad I did that. The dub is garbage, but you all probably know that. If I was first exposed to ZEXAL from the English dub I'd probably not like it as much as I do now.
    The thing that irks me the most is pronouncing ZEXAL as Zex-Al instead of Zale, but it's not that big of deal.
    I was interested in how the dub would localize Yuma's "Kattobingu!" which became "Feelin' the flow" I know Kattobingu doesn't have a correct translation or meaning, but it's implied to mean "I'll try my Best!" "I won't give up!" or "I won't lose hope!" But "Feelin' the flow" doesn't give me that same impression. OK that's enough of my dub ranting.

So what do you all think of Rio?
    Last edited by Short Wing; 25th November 2012 at 2:49 AM.

I've seen the newest Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It looks pretty neat with the Xyz Monsters. I've watched the new dub episode today, it was the one where Cathy duels a dog, but it was really a girl, and in the end, the girl wins. And the episode was littered with cat and dog jokes. I wonder who voiced the dog girl in the dub.

I think Shingetsu is going to be that one guy who always annoys the protagonist by fanboying over him until the big bad kills him to get at the MC, then in death he gets the respect and adoration he never got while alive.

...Oh dear, it looks like OP got the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Wing View Post
    So what do you all think of Rio?
    I... Rio. Just. Rio.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get my hopes up, even knowing that Zexal's producers must have known she was a dark horse in the fandom. But then 79 and 80 completely sold me on her, starting with that A+ reaction to Shark dueling to rescue her ("You better not lose in front of me. It's unacceptable."), and then her entire actual debut. She was established as someone who doesn't like being considered an extension of Shark -- not "Shark's weakness," not "Shark's little sister," but Kamishiro Rio. The whole thing with her being good at everything she touches makes me think that perhaps underneath it all, she has some terrible self-esteem issues based on how she's being compared to her brother all the time, and not evaluated as her own person.

Also, she's gorgeous and her outfit is amazing. What a babe.

I'm really liking the Barian world people, too. Gilag is amusing and quite frankly adorable with how much he secretly really wants to socialize with people and be One Of Us, and Alit is... god, how can such a dorky character be so great? I can't wait to see what Misael's deal is. And... Rei is probably going to turn out to be a double agent of some kind, either for Barian or Astral. I can't tell at this point, but there's clearly something fishy going on with him.

The ending sequence, also. GIVE ME KAITO AND HARUTO AND ANNA BACK, ZEXAL. Auuuugh.

Also, kattobingu isn't even a word in Japanese; it's a constant thing that everyone who hears it in the show has no idea what it's supposed to even BE, much less what it means. Swapping phrases is probably the closest thing they could do, so I can't say I'm disappointed with that.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I'm going to keep it short and sweet, watch the Japanese subtitles. Japan does it way better, and finishes the series. 5Ds was abruptly cut off, and didn't end the way it was supposed to. They wanted to rush to get to ZEXAL. I like the series, except I just watch the Japenese version instead of the English. You won't regret it.
    Don't feel like doing a pic, I'll put one later. So, for now, this sig will be blue.

And have an Archeops.

I watched a few episodes of Zexal and really didn't like them. I don't know. It's just not my thing I guess. And I watched subbed episodes by the way, so no. It wasn't because it was the dub or whatever.

Seriously , When will Anna Show up ???
    She's seen in both Opening and Ending but she only appeared in 2 episode.

I watched today's episode of the dub. Hart runs away and Yuma and Tori find him, but he runs away again later. And one of Vetrix's guys capture him. Poor kid, he needs his brother, Kite.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalSledgeHammer View Post
    I'm going to keep it short and sweet, watch the Japanese subtitles. Japan does it way better, and finishes the series. 5Ds was abruptly cut off, and didn't end the way it was supposed to. They wanted to rush to get to ZEXAL. I like the series, except I just watch the Japenese version instead of the English. You won't regret it.
    Yah I don't get the point of even getting the rights to Yugioh if they aren't going to finish them. Whats the point in rushing it if your just going to end it for another? Do they have fun ticking fans off or what?

I haven't watched of this new series, every ones hairstyle keeps getting weirder and weirder as series goes by :P
    I'll try to give it another shot.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

The thing that irks me the most is pronouncing ZEXAL as Zex-Al instead of Zale, but it's not that big of deal.
    It's not even "zale" in Japan, it's "zeal" (zearu).
    Zeal is an actual English word that means fervor, passion, or eager desire. Which perfectly fits Yuma.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Seriously , When will Anna Show up ???
    She's seen in both Opening and Ending but she only appeared in 2 episode.
    it's not like that never happened before anyway

and yay Kotori finally duels.....plus point for somehow being hypnotized into a Barian Messenger and use Rank Up Magic in her Duel against Yuma.
    lol Gilag, dat awkward situation because he has to join the Duel against Kotori & Cathy

Still, Yuma needs to start using other Numbers instead of just his No. 39 King of Wishes, Hope.......

Regarding Rei

well, looks like he is someone from the Astral World after all

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Re: episode 88 summaries, I'm still not entirely convinced Rei is from the Astral World, or even safely able to be considered a good guy. There's a lot of possibilities: he could be an unwitting spy for Barian for some reason, but with his own agency; he could be Durbe, as a number of people are beginning to speculate; or, hell, he could be a gigantic red herring intended to make us think something else (Z-ONE done right, anyone?). He's a cute character on his face, but I'm not ready to draw conclusions until we actually get some more palpable foreshadowing...

I'm sort of interested to see if Rio will make good on teaching Kotori how to duel, actually. Since Yuuma's kind of graduating out of the position of newbie, it would sort of make sense for Kotori to take over that slot. I think it'd be helpful for her character, too, since her main conflict seems to be that she feels helpless in her inability to duel, while everyone else around her can hold their own in potentially life-threatening situations like that. She's resourceful as hell and not the type to sit on her hands, so I'd actually like to see it go somewhere.

Considering Kotori already duels in the last episode, it's unlikely we will ever see the teaching process, not to mention it is kinda way too late now for something designed for newbie. Those things are more suitable for the first few episodes.

Still, apparently there will be a special show about ZEXAL outside its usual time slot, and the special show will also have a segment for teaching newbies how to Duel, maybe they'll show Kotori & Rio there.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Can't believe it took brainwashing for Tori to finally pick up a deck,but at least it FINALLY happened.Seriously hope it ain't a one time thing.

I miss Anna.

Watched the latest episode of the Zexal dub. Kite and Yuma tracked down where Hart is being held and they start dueling Trey and Quattro.

Did anyone watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Considering Kotori already duels in the last episode, it's unlikely we will ever see the teaching process, not to mention it is kinda way too late now for something designed for newbie. Those things are more suitable for the first few episodes.

Still, apparently there will be a special show about ZEXAL outside its usual time slot, and the special show will also have a segment for teaching newbies how to Duel, maybe they'll show Kotori & Rio there.
    I didn't mean it like making Kotori into the new audience dueling-newbie proxy. (She already got to be The Watson for that early on, and has served more as the audience's emotional proxy since then after the usefulness of any Watsons was outlived.) If anything, it would probably be more like a graduation from having the guidelines explained to her, to actually putting them into practice as a developing character. It'd be rather silly to show how she's taught, and a waste of perfectly good plot time, but... still.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    Watched the latest episode of the Zexal dub. Kite and Yuma tracked down where Hart is being held and they start dueling Trey and Quattro.

Did anyone watch it?
    I don't like the dub, so I watch the sub instead

I assume you watched episode 41, so....

Spoiler:- episode 43:

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I watch the sub because it's much further ahead and that's pretty much it.This is also the first yugioh I've watched subbed from begining because I didn't feel like waiting for the dub with that lawsuit thing.I also watched 5Ds subbed from 111 on because I didn't feel like waiting.

I am still waiting for yuma to start using more numbers than just utopia ray every duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's not even "zale" in Japan, it's "zeal" (zearu).
    Zeal is an actual English word that means fervor, passion, or eager desire. Which perfectly fits Yuma.
    I had a major 'duh!' moment after I saw you post that. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

I found something interesting.
    Here's a version of the English dub that never was.
        Spoiler:- The other english dub info.:

I didn't really like Zexal when it first started, the character designs made me cringe, but it's growing on me and it's pretty awesome right now, especially the Hart arc.

I had a major 'duh!' moment after I saw you post that. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

I found something interesting.
    Here's a version of the English dub that never was.
        Spoiler:- The other english dub info.:
    Interesting. I didn't feel like watching the whole video, but hearing those voices feels like what if the dub was like that.

I find it really funny how people hate 4kids for ruining the dub but when they lost Pokemon, they raged even harder.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast