Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Shocking? Not so much really, ever since Vector's Barian form is revealed, many people already guessed it. Dat hairstyle

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Huh is it because she dresses like a nerdy cat?
    Yes, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Shocking? Not so much really, ever since Vector's Barian form is revealed, many people already guessed it. Dat hairstyle
    Yeah true. But Vector's delivery in revealing the truth while mocking Yuma with Rei's voice was priceless. I'm really loving the Barians. Misael refused to use the card that negated the field spell eff just to one up Kite and Durbe is showing off his skill. I hope Shark and Kite both win their battles it looks like they are getting spotlight in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Durbe is showing off his skill.
    .....said "skill" involves summon spam using monster that special summons another monster from his hand.

Just like what 99% of Zexal duels is.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I'm personally wondering what Durbe's stake in the whole thing is, particularly with Shark. The other two duels have personal basis -- Yuuma and Vector for... obvious reasons, and Kaito and Mizael because they've kind of become rivals in their "trade," for better or for worse. But since we know absolutely nothing about Durbe yet, I'm curious as to whether he has some connection to either Shark or Rio. Especially since the show has been so tight-lipped about the circumstances of Rio's accident, which I'm pretty sure has been on everyone's minds for a while now... It strikes me as suspicious.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I watched "Portal of Doom" yesterday. They kept Byron Arclight and Quinton's real name Chris in the dub.

I've watched about 30 episodes of the dub and about 15 subbed. Can I ask if there's any real difference Zexal-wise? If you can tell me without inducing spoilers.
    Last edited by Mr Dragon; 1st April 2013 at 9:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    I've watched about 30 episodes of the dub and about 15 subbed. Can I ask if there's any real difference Zexal-wise? If you can tell me without inducing spoilers.
    Well in some episodes they change the dialogue to add jokes or change how a character is. But this series is closer to the original then any of the other series were.

Well in some episodes they change the dialogue to add jokes or change how a character is. But this series is closer to the original then any of the other series were.
    Thanks. Just prefer watching dubs in general, and wanted to know if I was going to miss out on anything.

(Oddly enough, I don't mind watching live action foreign films subbed as much. I must just be strange.)
    Last edited by Mr Dragon; 4th April 2013 at 6:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Thanks. Just prefer watching dubs in general, and wanted to know if I was going to miss out on anything.

(Oddly enough, I don't mind watching live action foreign films subbed as much. I must just be strange.)
    No problem. You don't really miss out much but sometimes they censor things like death, blood,ect in the dub.
    (Nah I don't see a problem with that. xD)

I watched Depths of Darkness today. Quattro thought he had the advantage with the field spell, but Shark got around that.

Did anyone watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I watched Depths of Darkness today. Quattro thought he had the advantage with the field spell, but Shark got around that.

Did anyone watch it?
    I did and spoilers for English viewers but Shark is getting a new upgrade.

Btw for anyone who has seen the first episode of the 5th arc. I'm really seeing similarities between the Vector and Don Thousand duo and the Yami Bakura and Zorc combination.
    Last edited by J Ken; 15th April 2013 at 4:53 AM.

Does anyone know that there is actually a pokemon link with the 2nd arc of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL II

Anyone see the new episode this week. Looks like Shark finally got his super ace Shark Drake Veiss. Sucks about his 1000 lp limit though. But I can't wait for Yuma vs Nistro.

Sucks about his 1000 lp limit though.
    oh believe me, he doesn't really mind about that *points at his duel in Sargasso

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Hopefully he gets a Shark Drake evolution during ZEXAL II where Shark uses a Rank-Up evolution card, I wonder if Galaxy-Eyes will aswell.

oh believe me, he doesn't really mind about that *points at his duel in Sargasso
    Yeah I remember that. xD I'm sure there will be a time where Shark purposely suicides one of his monsters just to summon Shark Drake Veiss.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Hopefully he gets a Shark Drake evolution during ZEXAL II where Shark uses a Rank-Up evolution card, I wonder if Galaxy-Eyes will aswell.
    I hope so as well. Maybe after the events with Rio and Durbe pass he will gain a new strength. Shark just has to be the one to beat Durbe.
    I doubt Galaxy-Eyes would get a new form. Tachyon Dragon is basically a replacement for that. Also a Chaos Neo Galaxy-Eyes seems like a bit too much.
    Last edited by J Ken; 23rd April 2013 at 1:29 AM.

yeah, Shark definitely needs a new ace. NGEPD is okay for now due to its powerful ATK and effect, but C32 is like a toy compared to C39V and C39Victory, especially since unlike those two C39 and NGEPD, C32 needs the user to have 1000 or less LP, which is very crippling. The other three are actual boss cards that lets you win the game easily, but C32 is way too risky and can cause you to lose the game instead, as inflicting 1000 or less damage is a lot more easier. Not to mention its anime effect is not as good as the real life effect, as it is restricted to "Shark" monsters and depends on the "Shark" monster's ATK.

I doubt Galaxy-Eyes would get a new form. Tachyon Dragon is basically a replacement for that.
    That's assuming Kaito will obtain 107 and C107 after beating Misael. Most likely, he won't, since even Astral couldn't take 105 and C105.

One other thing that I'm wondering about, though, is the oriental dragon in the new OP. We know it's definitely a new below-hundred Number, and it will eventually goes to Kaito regardless of whether Misael obtained it first or not (otherwise they won't have that scene in the new OP)
    But will Kaito use that Number over his Galaxy-Eyes? I doubt it. So I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number if it's never going to be the real ace anyway.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Yeah it was a pretty good episode. For whatever reason the Vortex doesn't air until Sunday on Direct tv and Zexal doesn't come on til 11:30 I believe and I sleep in on Sunday, so thank goodness for DVR

Yuma vs. Nistro is going to be epic

yeah, Shark definitely needs a new ace. NGEPD is okay for now due to its powerful ATK and effect, but C32 is like a toy compared to C39V and C39Victory, especially since unlike those two C39 and NGEPD, C32 needs the user to have 1000 or less LP, which is very crippling. The other three are actual boss cards that lets you win the game easily, but C32 is way too risky and can cause you to lose the game instead, as inflicting 1000 or less damage is a lot more easier. Not to mention its anime effect is not as good as the real life effect, as it is restricted to "Shark" monsters and depends on the "Shark" monster's ATK.
    True. I see Shark getting a rank up Shark Drake. Either in his rematch with Durbe or if he really is revealed to be a Barian.

That's assuming Kaito will obtain 107 and C107 after beating Misael. Most likely, he won't, since even Astral couldn't take 105 and C105.

One other thing that I'm wondering about, though, is the oriental dragon in the new OP. We know it's definitely a new below-hundred Number, and it will eventually goes to Kaito regardless of whether Misael obtained it first or not (otherwise they won't have that scene in the new OP)
    But will Kaito use that Number over his Galaxy-Eyes? I doubt it. So I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number if it's never going to be the real ace anyway.
    I'm not sure if Kite will keep the Numbers. If him and Shark duel Number Guardians and get Numbers they might give it to help out Astral since both of them know how much more Astral needs the numbers then they do.

I'm not sure if Kite will keep the Numbers. If him and Shark duel Number Guardians and get Numbers they might give it to help out Astral since both of them know how much more Astral needs the numbers then they do.
    Well they can do the same thing as Shark. Remember, Shark is the one holding the card for 32 and C32, not Astral or Yuma.

Still, like I said, I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number along with that scene in the OP if the Number is never going to be his new/real ace anyway?

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty good episode. For whatever reason the Vortex doesn't air until Sunday on Direct tv and Zexal doesn't come on til 11:30 I believe and I sleep in on Sunday, so thank goodness for DVR

Yuma vs. Nistro is going to be epic
    You mean Yuuma and Droite versus Gauche and Alit, because even more YES for having Droite doing things and Alit being back on the show. I really want more about Droite that isn't "I WUB U KAITO!!!", and also the two of them together, because we haven't seen a lot of that yet.

I'm still sort of :| about Rio getting kidnapped/manipulated in the episode previews. Again. Can we maybe please make "I can take care of myself" be less of an informed ability, writers? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    You mean Yuuma and Droite versus Gauche and Alit, because even more YES for having Droite doing things and Alit being back on the show. I really want more about Droite that isn't "I WUB U KAITO!!!", and also the two of them together, because we haven't seen a lot of that yet.
    iirc the dub is still at WDC?

And considering he mentioned "Nistro" instead of Gauche, maybe he is indeed referring to the dub version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    I'm still sort of :| about Rio getting kidnapped/manipulated in the episode previews. Again. Can we maybe please make "I can take care of myself" be less of an informed ability, writers? Maybe?
    I'm fine with that, if it explain Rio's Barian power, but what I don't like is that quick scene in the new OP with Rio seemingly unconscious, the scene make it looks like she's dead....then again, I doubt they want to kill their source of fanservice (Kotori surely gets boring after a while)

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Well they can do the same thing as Shark. Remember, Shark is the one holding the card for 32 and C32, not Astral or Yuma.

Still, like I said, I wonder what's the point of giving him a new Number along with that scene in the OP if the Number is never going to be his new/real ace anyway?
    You are right they can do that. But the difference is that Shark Drake is Shark's true ace while any Numbers Kite get's would just be Galaxy-Eyes backup.

Btw if you look closely at Nasch's silhouette you can see that his hairstyle is similar to Shark's. Shark and Rio are either Nasch and Merag, their wills in human form or their reincarnations.
    Last edited by J Ken; 28th April 2013 at 8:41 AM.

iirc the dub is still at WDC?

And considering he mentioned "Nistro" instead of Gauche, maybe he is indeed referring to the dub version.
    Oh, oops, yeah, you're right. I got thrown off because we're having two different conversations here, sorry.

I'm fine with that, if it explain Rio's Barian power, but what I don't like is that quick scene in the new OP with Rio seemingly unconscious, the scene make it looks like she's dead....then again, I doubt they want to kill their source of fanservice (Kotori surely gets boring after a while)
    I'd like an explanation too, but it really burns my biscuits that Rio is getting built up to be the damsel-in-distress for Shark instead of what she claimed she was, demonstrated herself as, and then had that agency taken forcibly away from her. Apocalypse Maiden or Barrier Maiden, I'd be okay with, and hell, I'd even be all right if there was some opposite-factions conflict that ended up with Shark having to kick her ***. I'm not sure if it's a symbolic scene or meant to be taken literally, but even if it's literal, death in YGO tends to be fleeting at best, if you know what I mean. (See also: season 3 GX, 5D's Dark Signers, some DM penalty game victims.)

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast