Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I find it really funny how people hate 4kids for ruining the dub but when they lost Pokemon, they raged even harder.
    I never actually raged when 4Kids had it, or even minded their dub one bit, but TPCi taking over was mega-rage for me. Got used to it after all this time, but I wish TPCi had just rehired the VAs and the music composers like David Rolfe and stuff. What a shame, but life goes on, nothing can be done. Sure they definitely had their faults with the dub, but rather paint edits and stupid errors over the voice acting and music we get now IMO. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 12th December 2012 at 4:45 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I watched "A Dubious Duo" today. Trey and Quatrro summoned their Numbers and rendered Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon powerless. How will Yuma and Kite get out of this situation?

Did anyone watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I never actually raged when 4Kids had it, or even minded their dub one bit, but TPCi taking over was mega-rage for me. Got used to it after all this time, but I wish TPCi had just rehired the VAs and the music composers like David Rolfe and stuff. What a shame, but life goes on, nothing can be done. Sure they definitely had their faults with the dub, but rather paint edits and stupid errors over the voice acting and music we get now IMO. XD.
    In terms of story and editing, Pokemon was one of their better dubs. (Which is kind of saying a lot, since a fair amount did get cut out and changed in the Pokemon dub.) Yu-Gi-Oh was... arguably one of their worst, with the obvious exception of disasters like One Piece. DM was actually the closest thing to decent despite being edited, but GX and 5D's were both watered down to extremes in comparison to the original versions. I haven't even touched the Zexal dub, but I'm not sure I want to at this point...

Don't misunderstand, though, I have nothing against dubs in general. I have various universal beefs with basically all anime dubbing companies ever, some of which are things they could fix and some they really have no control over, and 4Kids really does alienate one audience in favor of another, but I try not to be one of those people. "It's in English, now it sucks!" Eugh.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I decided to check it out and I liked it, I watched dat episode in which Catherine(spelling ?) battles that little dog girl. I liked Catherine's design and therefore she became my favorite character, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I decided to check it out and I liked it, I watched dat episode in which Catherine(spelling ?) battles that little dog girl. I liked Catherine's design and therefore she became my favorite character, lol.
    Huh is it because she dresses like a nerdy cat?

I hope that Shark doesn't become like Joey, I personally like him better then Kite and see him as a better rival for Yuma. I like Kite but I have grown bored of the rival having a 3000 atk Dragon monster and with the main character having a 2500 atk monster as their main. Does Yuma even realize that he has more numbers then just Utopia?

Yeah....so far one of the biggest complaint for Yuma is that he rarely use any other Numbers. So far the only other Numbers he use are 34 and 17, and 12 at one point.

And iirc 12 is used simply due to the Field Spell currently active at that time, which randomly selects a Number to be summoned, forcing Yuma to actually use his other Numbers.....and guess what, other than 12, the Numbers he summoned are 34 and 17.....again.

He also used 96, but that was when he is being controlled by 96, so I doubt that counts.

Also, we STILL don't know what are those Numbers previously owned by Kaito/Tron family that are now under Yuma's possession.
    Seriously, he currently has a total of 24 unrevealed Numbers, start revealing them already -_-

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah....so far one of the biggest complaint for Yuma is that he rarely use any other Numbers. So far the only other Numbers he use are 34 and 17, and 12 at one point.

And iirc 12 is used simply due to the Field Spell currently active at that time, which randomly selects a Number to be summoned, forcing Yuma to actually use his other Numbers.....and guess what, other than 12, the Numbers he summoned are 34 and 17.....again.

He also used 96, but that was when he is being controlled by 96, so I doubt that counts.
    I also don't like how he almost always has to go down to 100 LP or close to it every duel, I know it's for Hope Ray's effect and all that but he really should branch out a little. I mean Yugi/Jaden/Yusei all had duels where they just mopped the floors with some rather tough opponents, has Yuma ever done something like that?

I'm sorry but that show sucks, the game sucks now, the rules are too strict and they are banning all the good cards. The game used to be based on strategy but now it is useless. I'm gonna stick with pokemon for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    I'm sorry but that show sucks, the game sucks now, the rules are too strict and they are banning all the good cards. The game used to be based on strategy but now it is useless. I'm gonna stick with pokemon for a while...
    - the show sucks
    I can see why some people would consider Zexal anime sucks.

- the rules are too strict
    lolwut. Seriously. There hasn't been any major rule or gameplay change in years, the only quite major one was the fast effect thing, which is easy to understand.

- they are banning all the good cards
    All the cards that recently got banned/limited are the broken cards that deserve it. None of them are "good cards" that doesn't really deserve to be on the list. Well maybe The Agent of Mystery - Earth and Spore, but even then they got bumped down from limited to semi-limited just recently.
    In fact, they even looks at all those broken TCG Exclusive now, do you know that the OCG banlist actually hits Reborn Tengu and TGU before they appeared in the OCG, simply because the same list is applied for the TCG? They know the TCG needs it, so they do it even though the cards are not on the OCG yet.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I wish Hulu would add the rest of the dub episodes. I missed last week's episode because I was away for the holidays.

The Yugioh ZEXAL II plot is much better. Kite needs more appearances and Shark needs more important battles but aside from that at least Yuma is starting to become worthy of the main character title. The new Barian cards Shingetsu gave him are awesome.

Honestly i prefer the classic Yu-gi-oh. Its just that for some reason ZeXal never really seemed appealing to me =/ 5d's was also better too.

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Honestly i prefer the classic Yu-gi-oh. Its just that for some reason ZeXal never really seemed appealing to me =/ 5d's was also better too.
    It's probably because duels in the original lasted longer and had more interesintg effects. The mishmashed cards with super OP spells and traps were better than the swarm til you get a xyz at any cost.

I actually enjoy the fact that they put some fumbling loser as the protagonist finally. I mean look at Yugi, Jaden and Yusei. They all had inherit talents when it came to dueling, there was no way someone who was getting into the card game could relate with them. I mean they would be more apt to feel more connected to Joey, Syrus or Leo, the characters who had no talent in the begining but had to work in order to get better. Honestly I like how they make him lose sometimes, after all the "Heart of the Cards" doesn't always pull through. But they could of made him win at least a few more duels in the beginning. Overall, good anime and decent follow up to 5D's

Quote Originally Posted by Kunaiman9u9 View Post
    I actually enjoy the fact that they put some fumbling loser as the protagonist finally. I mean look at Yugi, Jaden and Yusei. They all had inherit talents when it came to dueling, there was no way someone who was getting into the card game could relate with them. I mean they would be more apt to feel more connected to Joey, Syrus or Leo, the characters who had no talent in the begining but had to work in order to get better. Honestly I like how they make him lose sometimes, after all the "Heart of the Cards" doesn't always pull through. But they could of made him win at least a few more duels in the beginning. Overall, good anime and decent follow up to 5D's
    Yeah Yuma has grown. But if you think about it the only real loses he has had were against Shark and Kite. All his other loses were in battles that he wasn't going serious.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's probably because duels in the original lasted longer and had more interesintg effects. The mishmashed cards with super OP spells and traps were better than the swarm til you get a xyz at any cost.
    Emphasis mine. They lasted longer because they were more drawn-out, true, but DM was the era where effect monsters were very basic and very cheap, and where half the cards played didn't match up rule-wise with their TCG counterparts. I tend to consider them more like "beta duels," myself, since early DM in particular was when they were still kind of sorting out all the rules for the game.

Arguably, it depends whether you prefer complicated and strategic, or glorified beatstick contest. The latter is much easier to understand, but the former can also lend to characterization of the duelists involved a lot more.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

YuGiOh finally seems real! More accordance to rules, less unexplained luck from both sides (well, not really :-)) and futuristic enviroment never seen before.
    Nice hairdos and okay storyline, it's definitely better than its predecessor (f*ck Synchro Monsters! f*ck motorcycles!)

Yep, this 5D's hater likes ZEXAL enough to put it in the usertitle...
    <no sig>

Synchro's and 5D's were awesome!

I watched the dub episode "Welcome to the Jungle" today. Dextra duels Vetrix; even with her powerful combo, she loses to Vetrix and her memories. That's terrible.

Did anyone watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    less unexplained luck from both sides (well, not really :-))
    yeah, if anything, in Zexal we get a ton more unexplained luck from both sides.

One of the worst offender is episode 89, Yuma VS Shadow Giant duel, both Yuma and the giant got all the cards they need....IN THE FIRST TURN.
    Yuma even summoned TWO Numbers within his first turn, and both Numbers are Rank 6!! The amount of luck in that Duel is just ridiculous.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Zexal became more intense with the Barian stuff

Zexal became more intense with the Barian stuff

sorry for repeating, it was accidental

Speaking of Barian's did anyone watch the latest Japanese episode? A real Star Wars Episode V-esque moment in that episode, shocking, possibly the most shocking in Yu-Gi-Oh!'s history since Jaden's transformation in The Supreme King

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast