Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Anyone see the new ZEXAL II episode? If so Dark mist and Vector's alliance is awesome. Their duo is similar to the Yami Bakura and Marik duo from DM.

In fact their shipping could be called newthiefshipping. lol

I bet their partnership is going to be similar to the partnership Yuma and Astral have. The duo of doom, we'll call them if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    I bet their partnership is going to be similar to the partnership Yuma and Astral have. The duo of doom, we'll call them if this is the case.
    I doubt it. Honestly Don Thousand and Vector are more like how Yuma and Astral were.

None of these partnerships you're describing are anything alike. Yuuma and Astral is a genuine friendship, Don Thousand and Vector reeks of Don Thousand using him under the pretense of "oh, I'll help you out too, I guess, here have some cool powers", and Black Mist and Vector is an alliance of two people who acknowledge their willingness to backstab their respective "sides" (and one another) and therefore are tentatively helping each other out.

Saying Black Mist and Vector (or Don Thousand and Vector) will be like Yuuma and Astral is... really, really stretching it, because Vector seems downright incapable of friendship, which is what the protagonist duo's bond hinges on.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    None of these partnerships you're describing are anything alike. Yuuma and Astral is a genuine friendship, Don Thousand and Vector reeks of Don Thousand using him under the pretense of "oh, I'll help you out too, I guess, here have some cool powers", and Black Mist and Vector is an alliance of two people who acknowledge their willingness to backstab their respective "sides" (and one another) and therefore are tentatively helping each other out.

Saying Black Mist and Vector (or Don Thousand and Vector) will be like Yuuma and Astral is... really, really stretching it, because Vector seems downright incapable of friendship, which is what the protagonist duo's bond hinges on.
    By Vector and Don Thousand I meant more of like how they used to dislike each other but it is worse then Yuma and Astral were.

If anything Vector and Don Thousand's duo is similar to Yami Bakura and Zorc and Vector and Dark Mist's duo is similar to Yami Bakura and Marik.

I watched "Doctor Visit" today. Yuma loses his deck and he and his friends look for it. He runs into Dr. Faker and in the end, he gets his deck back.

Did anyone watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I watched "Doctor Visit" today. Yuma loses his deck and he and his friends look for it. He runs into Dr. Faker and in the end, he gets his deck back.

Did anyone watch it?
    Are you just copying and pasting a template at this point? Serious question.

After seeing the latest Japanese episode. I have to say I know have a new hypothesis on Dark Mist.

Number 96 is probably the piece of Astral's memory of when he sealed away Don Thousand. That would explain 96's Chaos form looking similar to Don Thousand and Don Thousand already knowing about him. In fact Don Thousand's plot could of been to purposely put Vector and Dark Mist in a situation where they compete with each other over the Numbers to further progress his resurrection.

Are you just copying and pasting a template at this point? Serious question.
    ...You got me. I think I should just state what I think of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    ...You got me. I think I should just state what I think of the episode.
    Ahah, sorry about that, it came off as a little nasty in retrospect. But yeah, I think that would facilitate discussion a bit better, since I never really know how to reply to your posts, and I would very much like to discuss things! Although I don't watch the dub, so I'd be coming off sub knowledge, but eh.

Its official. The anime is so slow we'll have cards from the end of zexal 2 before we reach it in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Its official. The anime is so slow we'll have cards from the end of zexal 2 before we reach it in the dub.
    ......it has always been like that?

The dub is always so slow because buying more recent episodes takes much more money + they still have to dub it, which also takes time.
    This is the reason why you'll almost never see a dubbed anime episode airing on TV at the same day (or even week) as Japan.

It's also like that in many other countries.

Funnily enough, recently the official article/product page for the TCG seems to no longer care about that and starts mentioning stuffs that's not going to be featured in the dub until at least the next few months. They've mentioned Paladynamo being Kaito's card even though it is used only after WDC ends (the dub hasn't even reach the semifinal yet) and they've also mentioned Barian being aliens from the anime, which is even further than Paladynamo.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Funnily enough, recently the official article/product page for the TCG seems to no longer care about that and starts mentioning stuffs that's not going to be featured in the dub until at least the next few months. They've mentioned Paladynamo being Kaito's card even though it is used only after WDC ends (the dub hasn't even reach the semifinal yet) and they've also mentioned Barian being aliens from the anime, which is even further than Paladynamo.
    This is why I brought it up. It seems like even the distributors doesnt even care anymore. I also knew several people who were confused as to who was that blonde dude on the Tachyon poster.

I'm rather excited with all the new episode previews today especially with news of
        Spoiler:

I wonder is Dark Mist and Vector's duel will be a real head on one?

None of them can afford to lose as it would make them look weak. Also if there is a result then either it is a no decision or Vector loses on purpose because of Don Thousand's orders.

Vector VS 96 is indeed an interesting episode. It's a villain against another villain, I don't think we ever have such duel in years.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Vector VS 96 is indeed an interesting episode. It's a villain against another villain, I don't think we ever have such duel in years.
    Last I recall of two pure evil powers going head to head was Yami Marik vs Yami Bakura. Yet again referencing the parallels that Dark Mist and Vector have with both Marik and Yami Bakura.

You know what, it's just now, after looking at your sig, that I noticed Misael has a very awkward-looking wing-shaped hairstyle lol

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

More than likely linked with who his past life is. Summary spoilers ahoy!

You know what, it's just now, after looking at your sig, that I noticed Misael has a very awkward-looking wing-shaped hairstyle lol
    Yeah I've noticed it too. xD Also if you look closely you can see that the Barians look like a Boy band. lol

More than likely linked with who his past life is. Summary spoilers ahoy!
    Yeah so far Durbe was a Knight, Vector a Prince, Alit a Gladiator, Misael will be a Dragon slayer and Gilag will be a trickster. There could be a possibilty that Barian world is where guilty souls are reincarnated in other words it could be like hell.
    Last edited by J Ken; 13th May 2013 at 11:10 PM.

For a rank 1 Lion heart is massive 0.0

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    For a rank 1 Lion heart is massive 0.0
    For a Rank 2 Dark Mist was big too.

I watched Duel of Destiny part 1 today. They kept Rio's name in the dub.

I saw the new episode as well. The dub was surprisingly good at making the lines similar to the ones in the original.

I also saw the latest Japanese episode and I have to say I am liking Evil Alit. To bad he is going to at most be one-shotted in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    There could be a possibilty that Barian world is where guilty souls are reincarnated in other words and could be like hell.
    ...You know, I never considered this, but it may or may not be a coincidence that all these reincarnated souls congregated in the Varian world. It can't be Zexal's version of hell, though, because Vector was a ruthless king who got what he deserved, but Alit was guilty of nothing, as far as we can tell -- and who knows what Durbe's past life is, for that matter.

Also, I'm very surprised they kept Rio's name. I thought it'd become Regina, honestly.

Alright so far Durbe was the Knight who was the master of Mach back when he was a Pegasus, Vector was the ruthless, doubtful king who exterminated himself and all his followers and Alit was the greatest gladiator to ever exist and fought with only his his bare hands. What all these guys had in common was that they were extremists in their beliefs and they ended up getting brutally killed. In a way Barians are humans with strong beliefs that ended up reincarnated.
    Last edited by J Ken; 14th May 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast