Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    As long as Shark has No 32 and Yuma has Astral, Yuma losing = Astral dying. That's a restriction.
    well no one said Yuma has to lose in the rematch

Besides, they can just duel with "no Numbers allowed" restriction, and then it won't matter if Yuma lose.
    It has been established that no Numbers on the line = no Astral dying.

On one of the early episodes, Yuma is shown to have yet another loss against his friend after having 39. And Astral is not shown to be dying.
    Another example, Astral isn't shown to be dying when Yuma goes down to 100 LP in his Duel against Shark in episode 84, despite Shark supposed to be holding 32 at that point, since he used it on episode 78.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

At YuGiOh, your ace monster defines what you are, not the whole deck. (N)GEPD is a Dragon, and his ace, he can be called an aspiring Dragon Master for sure.
    It's not that Misael plays a Dragon Deck either. Aside from N107, everything else is just fodder for N107.
    Though N46 would be useful against N107, for sure. I think it's obvious at this point that Kaito will use it and win.
    I would argue the "ace monster only" thing; one's dueling style in the anime (which requires your entire deck) tends to lend quite a bit to who they are as a character. Case in point: you can see Yuuma's dueling methods evolve a lot from episode 1 to any current duels that involve him. He's gotten smarter, learned how to play it defensive while not sacrificing offense (or vice versa), and is no longer quite as headstrong about his plays as he was in the beginning. Whereas Shark is a very aggressive duelist, Kaito's deck is designed to be essentially the anti-Numbers. The same could be seen in Black Mist's playing even in the most recent episodes, where his pride and recklessness when he thought he'd won were the downfall of him.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    I would argue the "ace monster only" thing; one's dueling style in the anime (which requires your entire deck) tends to lend quite a bit to who they are as a character. Case in point: you can see Yuuma's dueling methods evolve a lot from episode 1 to any current duels that involve him. He's gotten smarter, learned how to play it defensive while not sacrificing offense (or vice versa), and is no longer quite as headstrong about his plays as he was in the beginning. Whereas Shark is a very aggressive duelist, Kaito's deck is designed to be essentially the anti-Numbers. The same could be seen in Black Mist's playing even in the most recent episodes, where his pride and recklessness when he thought he'd won were the downfall of him.
    This is true. The deck aces are usually what represents the duelist themselves. Utopia has offensive capabilities similar to Yuma's dueling style and defensive capabilities similar to Astral's more defensive dueling style. Shark Drake represents Shark's viciousness and constant hard hitting moves and Galaxy-Eyes represents Kite's way of being able to escape any kind of disadvantage (in this case the Numbers effs).

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Shark Drake represents Shark's viciousness and constant hard hitting moves
    This makes me curious.

Just who was the original owner of Shark Drake anyway? It isn't Shark, yet it fits his Deck perfectly (aside from being Rank 4 when most of his monsters prior to obtaining Shark Drake are Level 3.....)

Yes, it belonged to IV before V told him to give it to III, however, we know IV was a Number Hunter and his Deck clearly does not match Shark Drake, therefore he must have obtained Shark Drake from someone else.....

Also, I like how in the manga, they give Shark another Shark "Number" instead of simply giving him Shark Drake

Still, would that means sometime in the anime, Shark will obtain another blank "Number" card that will turn into No. 47 Nightmare Shark? I would love to see its sealed form.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    This makes me curious.

Just who was the original owner of Shark Drake anyway? It isn't Ryoga, yet it fits his Deck perfectly (aside from being Rank 4 when most of his monsters prior to obtaining Shark Drake are Level 3.....)

Yes, it belonged to IV before V told him to give it to III, however, we know IV was a Number Hunter and his Deck clearly does not match Shark Drake, therefore he must have obtained Shark Drake from someone else.....

Also, I like how in the manga, they give Shark another Shark "Number" instead of simply giving him Shark Drake

Still, would that means sometime in the anime, Shark will obtain another blank "Number" card that will turn into No. 47 Nightmare Shark? I would love to see its sealed form.
    I'm curious at who Shark Drake's original owner was too. But then again if you think about it Shark was given Nightmare Shark by Luna so that would mean that there was another duelist with a style similar to Shark's in the manga. Despite being called Shark, his first made Number was Leviathan Dragon.
    Last edited by J Ken; 1st June 2013 at 2:31 AM.

I'm not curious at who Shark Drake's original owner was too. But then again if you think about it Shark was given Nightmare Shark by Luna so that would man that there was another duelist with a style similar to Shark's in the manga. Despite being called Shark, his first made Number was Leviathan Dragon.
    That has puzzled me too... Why would his thoughts create N17 when N32 and N47 are someone else's? For 47, you never know, it may become a Legendary Number in the end (we don't know the last one yet), that would mean that 32 is still not... what about 17 who is already Yuma's? I am really puzzled, it will be definitely hard to explain, if they do so at all...
    <no sig>

That has puzzled me too... Why would his thoughts create N17 when N32 and N47 are someone else's? For 47, you never know, it may become a Legendary Number in the end (we don't know the last one yet), that would mean that 32 is still not... what about 17 who is already Yuma's? I am really puzzled, it will be definitely hard to explain, if they do so at all...
    Nah I doubt 47 would be a Legendary Number but it seems possible if they get lazy with cards. xD

He has three Numbers that represent him even if only one was created from his will. Number 17 represents his desie to get stronger, Number 32 represents his hard hitting, relentless personality and Number 47 represents his desire to get through any obstacle.

I think the real question is, if the original owner's Deck and playing style really has an influence, then why did the blank card that Shark found in the anime created 17, when it could have created 32 or 47 instead.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I think the real question is, if the original owner's Deck and playing style really has an influence, then why did the blank card that Shark found in the anime created 17, when it could have created 32 or 47 instead.
    Well I guess the manga writer hadn't thought of those two at that point. Also in the start of the series Shark's deck didn't really have the LV 4 monsters to get out Shark Drake.

Well I guess the manga writer hadn't thought of those two at that point. Also in the start of the series Shark's deck didn't really have the LV 4 monsters to get out Shark Drake.
    The way people just "create" Numbers has a little flaws. Example, if IV didn't find 3 Numbers (I don't think he's that lucky), that means that there are two more Gimmick Puppet players out there who created two of the three Numbers he has. Or III, who has 2 OOPArts.

They just don't expand on that, and I doubt they will at this point.
    <no sig>

The way people just "create" Numbers has a little flaws. Example, if IV didn't find 3 Numbers (I don't think he's that lucky), that means that there are two more Gimmick Puppet players out there who created two of the three Numbers he has. Or III, who has 2 OOPArts.

They just don't expand on that, and I doubt they will at this point.
    Yeah that is a flaw. It seems a little too convenient that monsters that symbolize one character the most are created by people other then that one person in particular. I know there are people that have similarities but not to the degree of creating the same exact archetype used by the main characters.

Yeah that is a flaw. It seems a little too convenient that monsters that symbolize one character the most are created by people other then that one person in particular. I know there are people that have similarities but not to the degree of creating the same exact archetype used by the main characters.
    At least Yuma and all Barian Lords have Numbers of their own (Yuma uses 39 mostly because 39 is his creation). Tron had his own (69), plus someone else's (8). III and IV may have theirs as well, but they definitely have at least someone else's. V may or may not have Dyson Sphere himself. Yet, the most important of the side characters, Shark, really has to get a Number that is someone else's! Why guys?

BTW, even Neo Galaxy Eyes was Hart's creation. It may not be a Number, but it shows the connection between the Tenjo brothers, it's not something "foreign".
    <no sig>

At least Yuma and all Barian Lords have Numbers of their own (Yuma uses 39 mostly because 39 is his creation). Tron had his own (69), plus someone else's (8). III and IV may have theirs as well, but they definitely have at least someone else's. V may or may not have Dyson Sphere himself. Yet, the most important of the side characters, Shark, really has to get a Number that is someone else's! Why guys?

BTW, even Neo Galaxy Eyes was Hart's creation. It may not be a Number, but it shows the connection between the Tenjo brothers, it's not something "foreign".
    Technically Shark is a main character. xD But I recall Shark Drake Veiss being created from Shark's hatred and lust for revenge.

Btw from the looks of the next episode preview Gilag is still an idiot despite being possessed by Don Thousand's power. Hopefully Number 64 is badass despite being a tanuki.

Also I'm guessing that Don thousand is behind the tragic deaths of all the Barian Emperors. It seems too convenient that they all died the way they ended up dying.
    Last edited by J Ken; 3rd June 2013 at 4:44 AM.

Also I'm guessing that Don thousand is behind the tragic deaths of all the Barian Emperors. It seems too convenient that they all died the way they ended up dying.
    Hey, I guessed it first

Tron had his own (69), plus someone else's (8).
    I'm very sure 8 is also his own Number. Considering the power crest thing he has, it makes sense if Tron is the only Heraldic/Heraldry player.
    Especially since one of the Heraldry cards, which supports the Heraldics, actually features his own crest.

III and IV may have theirs as well, but they definitely have at least someone else's. V may or may not have Dyson Sphere himself.
    It is implied that 6 is created by Tron, instead of by III. It's an OOPArts simply to fit III's Deck.

Also, 32, which is owned by both IV and III before being given to Shark, is definitely someone else's, so......yeah.

As for 9, yeah, I believe it wasn't V's original Number. He plays an anti-power hell-themed cards during the coaster part of WDC, which doesn't fit the space-themed cards he used later on when Dueling Kaito. I think the only reason why he switch to the space-themed Deck is to fit the field and the Number.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

I wonder if it could be possible that the form the Numbers take on is malleable, and can be representative of the wielder and remolded with the right powerset? It would cover the explanation for some Numbers suspiciously matching, and how a lot of them seem to have wills of their own (see also: Black Mist).

Although maybe I'm just dreaming and it's all because shounen anime needs to have a convenient theme, and this is detail contrivance magic at work. :T

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Hey, I guessed it first
    I believe that I thought it up first. xD

I'm very sure 8 is also his own Number. Considering the power crest thing he has, it makes sense if Tron is the only Heraldic/Heraldry player.
    Especially since one of the Heraldry cards, which supports the Heraldics, actually features his own crest.
    Yeah that is true. Besides maybe he could have used Barian power to remake the cards.

It is implied that 6 is created by Tron, instead of by III. It's an OOPArts simply to fit III's Deck.

Also, 32, which is owned by both IV and III before being given to Shark, is definitely someone else's, so......yeah.

As for 9, yeah, I believe it wasn't V's original Number. He plays an anti-power hell-themed cards during the coaster part of WDC, which doesn't fit the space-themed cards he used later on when Dueling Kaito. I think the only reason why he switch to the space-themed Deck is to fit the field and the Number.
    I'm not even sure anymore.xD They stopped giving explanations and reasons behind the forms Number take. At least with Over-Hundreds and Legendary Numbers it is implied that they are formed by the Barian Emperors specifically.

Well, thoughts on episode 106...

Kite got Draggluong. I have high hopes that the opening will now feature a yellow 46 at Kite's side at the beginning. It may be daydreaming, but I always thought that Kite was hindered when he didn't have a Number. Now, the chance to shine came again.

The important part is the end of the episode, though. Astral and Don Thousand did ZEXAL in the past?! Astral remarks something about the Astral and Barian World being connected, and Don Thousand... He's red as an Overlay Unit... like Yuma. Can this mean something about the power of ZEXAL?? My conclusion is that:

ZEXAL is the power that lies in the connection between Astral and Barian Worlds. The Astral part is the blue Overlay Unit while the Barian part is red. HOWEVER, an Earthen can substitute either world, getting that world's color as his Overlay Unit.

However, where s*** gets real is that we also find out that Astral's mission is to defeat the Barian World. Essentially, what we all believed is a myth. Astral is nonetheless evil than Don Thousand/the Barians and his world is nonetheless evil than the Barian one. We are going again to that ever-frequent scenario of "There is not good and evil, there are two forces in total opposition". The Numeron Code is what both sides aim for, because it will let them destroy the other one.

At this point, I think that I can even speculate how the series ends:

Fortunately, Astral had a little accident whilst he was arriving at Earth, and his relationships with Yuma now have a different basis than what they should be. Through all of this, he got new knowledge and ideas about what should happen with the two worlds. With Astral gone (at least for a while), even if he returns at the Grand Finale, Yuma, who is neutral as an Earthen being, is the one who will stop both from destroying each other. The end will be peace, sunshine and rainbows, but neither world will be ever seen again and Yuma will just continue derping with his friends.
    Last edited by BlueWartortle; 5th June 2013 at 1:45 PM.
    <no sig>

Well, thoughts on episode 106...

Kite got Draggluong. I have high hopes that the opening will now feature a yellow 46 at Kite's side at the beginning. It may be daydreaming, but I always thought that Kite was hindered when he didn't have a Number. Now, the chance to shine came again.

The important part is the end of the episode, though. Astral and Don Thousand did ZEXAL in the past?! Astral remarks something about the Astral and Barian World being connected, and Don Thousand... He's red as an Overlay Unit... like Yuma. Can this mean something about the power of ZEXAL?? My conclusion is that:

ZEXAL is the power that lies in the connection between Astral and Barian Worlds. The Astral part is the blue Overlay Unit while the Barian part is red. HOWEVER, an Earthen can substitute either world, getting that world's color as his Overlay Unit.

However, where s*** gets real is that we also find out that Astral's mission is to defeat the Barian World. Essentially, what we all believed is a myth. Astral is nonetheless evil than Don Thousand/the Barians and his world is nonetheless evil than the Barian one. We are going again to that ever-frequent scenario of "There is not good and evil, there are two forces in total opposition". The Numeron Code is what both sides aim for, because it will let them destroy the other one.

At this point, I think that I can even speculate how the series ends:

Fortunately, Astral had a little accident whilst he was arriving at Earth, and his relationships with Yuma now have a different basis than what they should be. Through all of this, he got new knowledge and ideas about what should happen with the two worlds. With Astral gone (at least for a while), even if he returns at the Grand Finale, Yuma, who is neutral as an Earthen being, is the one who will stop both from destroying each other. The end will be peace, sunshine and rainbows, but neither world will be ever seen again and Yuma will just continue derping with his friends.
    Watch Number 46 end up like Dyson Sphere. -_-

Yeah I wonder if Don Thousand and Astral's ZEXAL was like the good one or Dark ZEXAL?

Figures that Astral World was evil. If anything I can see the final arc being their journeys in Astral World akin to the Shadow RPG in Duel Monsters except with more card games. xD

Yeah that sounds like an accurate finale. lol

I don't think we will see an Arc 6. They keep calling Barian Invasion and Legendary Number War as the two "halfs" of Zexal II, so I doubt they would make this one a trilogy as well.
    <no sig>

I don't think we will see an Arc 6. They keep calling Barian Invasion and Legendary Number War as the two "halfs" of Zexal II, so I doubt they would make this one a trilogy as well.
    True but if the Astral World really is a villainous world then maybe there could be a sixth arc. But I'll stick with the 5th arc for now.

Never happening

It's extremely unlikely but it is still possible. Besides I would rather see the Astral World in person considering that it has been talked aout from the start and it would not make sense that it is so important to the plot yet it never makes a non flashback appearance.

Well, they can visit Astral World in "Zexal III" (or whatever the next season will be called).

Besides, I recall before the start of Zexal it is mentioned that the series will last for a long time just like the original.
    And the original has a total of 5 seasons iirc.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Well, they can visit Astral World in "Zexal III" (or whatever the next season will be called).

Besides, I recall before the start of Zexal it is mentioned that the series will last for a long time just like the original.
    And the original has a total of 5 seasons iirc.
    Oh yes. xD I heard that the series was close to the climax but I got worried. So more Barians for me. xD

I'll bet that ZEXAL will at lest be 180 episodes long.

Also random fact but for those that don't know the Number card origins thing can be based off of the tales of Pandora's box.
    Last edited by J Ken; 7th June 2013 at 6:14 AM.

if the series is close to a close, then they need another tourny or something to bring about the rest of the crap-load of Number cards
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast