Thread: Brand Name: Sand

Default Brand Name: Sand

So here we are. Before I begin, I would like to thank you for reading my RMT. It's those little things that make it count.

Anyways, Here's the team

Creation Story

I needed to make a new Sand Team because I had 3 Sun Teams, 3 rain teams, but only 1 functioning Sand team, so here I was. With a T-Tar.

Next I wanted to be like scizor (scizor64) and be able to get rid of those other rain inducers. What can solve that problem? A Shadow tagger. Gothitelle seemed like the great fit for that role, but it was lacking a good moveset, so I made my own (This is a main focus of mine to get that thing as best as it can be).

Next I wanted a decent revenge killer/sweeper that could make things work. I had considered Scizor, but I had used it on virtually any sand or Rain team I have. Then there was Terrakion, but I had used him too much too, so there I was with Dugtrio. Looking over his sets showed me that it has a wide variety of move it can use, and having the speed to Knock stuff up.

Following the Revenger, I noticed that, from experience, Defensive sweepers can work really well when done right. Which lead me to my next member. Now, who is defensive while being a total jerk on offense? You guessed it, it's Jirachi.

Now is where things got a bit weird, I noticed by now my team is very Physically based, and I thought about all those threats That are huge Physical Walls. Gliscor, Ferrothorn, and Skarm could render my team useless, so I needed a good special Sweeper, however like I said with Rachi, I like to have them somewhat defensive, thus. Rotom-W

To end things off, I needed a bit of type coverage in the mix seeing as half of my team is either weak to Grass, Mamoswine patches up the hole, mot the best, But I did want something the could also kill threats like Garchomp and Dragonite. Boom, Mamoswine.

After much testing, and few suggestions from users on site as well as scizor64 (thanks bro), I made some slight edits. I fixed Gothitelle's movesets and replaced Mamoswine with Genesect. After testing this new set, I noticed that I was getting a higher success rate so I decided to keep Genesect.

The Team!

Changes in Bold

Becky (Gothitelle) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder Wave

To lead off with Becky, (I will love anyone that gets the reference,) She's able to find a way to take out the weather makers right away. She can use Psyshock as her STAB, while HP Fire and Thunderbolt work well, though I may have to fix the T-WAve part seeing as it's a choice Specs set. Either way, she works very well to remove the weather makers, so I can make sand my weather.

Lysander (Tyranitar) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Aqua Tail

What can be said about Tyranitar? It's not very fast, but a great mixed attacker. I want to access his main focus, the attack, but in an unexpected way: by using dragon dance. Dragon Dance gives it a chance to raise it's speed and it's attack while making the opponent act shocked when the rocks aren't going up. Stone Edge and Crunch are there for STAB, but Aqua Tail is there to provide the extra hope per chance a Ground type pops up.

Pure (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch

Jirachi. That little thing everyone loves to hate and hates to love. The same could be said about Puretrainer. Either way, this is the SubWave set that annoys people to no end. Substitute is there for anyone that thinks they can 1HKO it, and then there's BOdy Slam to paralyze while simultaneously doing damage. Iron head is there to flinch, like any other set you know, but then there's Fire Punch and not wish. Why? One word. Ferrothorn. It's thorn in my side and theres Jirachi to pluck it painlessly. All in all, Pure would be happy.

Striatrio (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Sucker Punch
    - Shadow Claw

You know that thing that Pokememes does on every wednesday? Diglett Wednesday. Now that you know, this is Dugtrio. Trapper, and revenger extraordinaire. He can hit your Heatran with that Earthquake, or your Alakazam with a Sucker Punch if you try to go Energy Ball on his ***. To put it simply, you kill his father, prepare to die.

Washington (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunder Wave
    - Pain Split

Good ol' Rotom-W never fails in any situation (O.K. ALMOST any). Rain? No Problem. Sand? No Problem. Sun? GET YOURSELF A FLIPPING ROTOM-H FOR THAT. Now... This Rotom is a bit different from the rest, but it's still functional. Hydro Pump is required (not that it's bad or anything...), and Volt Switch gives you a STAB ejection, but then there's Thunder Wave. T-Wave is there to slow things such as Terrakion, and Keldeo, Pain Split is for any chance of recorvery, that and lefties.

Sinead (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - U-turn
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt

Lastly we have the newest member of the team, Genesect. Now, Genesect works very well with Dugtrio and Rotom-W, creating a great force for unsuspecting victims, who think they can take out Genesect, only for Genesect to switch into Dugtrio, and make them cower in fear. He also works very well as a scarfed sweeeper allowing his ability to raise his attack or special attack, and then proceed to freak out.

Now that all of this has been said, feel free to criticize AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY THING!
    Last edited by 725roy; 25th November 2012 at 5:07 PM.

Thank you based Turpoo

Honestly, I would just drop Gothitelle all together. She doesn't really seem to do much, If you intend on keeping a Screener as a lead I think Espeon would better fit that role. If you don't get rid of her, I'd suggest dropping Rotom-W for Genesect. You don't really need two pokes with a trapping ability when you could change one.

Espeon
    Timid Light Clay Magic Bounce
    252 Hp/4 Def/252 Spe
    ~Psychic
    ~Reflect
    ~Light Screen
    ~Baton Pass

Dual screens. Her ability keeps from being taunted. Psychic is so she can atleast do some damage. Baton Pass is to escape common switch ins such as scizor and tyranitar. Pursuit won't hit on the switch if she Baton Passes out instead. Always use reflect first to compensate for Espeon's lackluster Defense.

Genesect
    Modest Life Orb Download
    252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Bug Buzz
    ~Thunderbolt

Your going to want to dispose of opposing Heatran before bringing this fellow out. Magnezone has gotta go too other this badboys dead. Nothing will wall this set except special defense Heatran. Bring out genesect after something dies, the opponent will switch while you rock polish. Then, prepare to sweep.

If you still are goin to use Gothitelle then I suggest dropping Reflect for Thunder Wave.
    PSN ID: Vatti_LDP

Spoiler:- Tyranitar Rampage:

Hello there pikachu725 ^^
    I really like your team, I see it uses trapping very effectively. Im here to give you a good rate and tell you some things that have helped me a lot while I trap. I know that trapping is not a main goal of this team as it is sand based although I do not see many members of the team that can benefit from sand.

Onto the rate:

It seems that you have no definite pokemon that can benefit from sand. Tyranitar is the only one as it gains a special defense boost from sand. Seeing as how your team doesn't have any other member that can benefit from it, I would just use your Ttar to disrupt the opponents weather and to sweep.

From there we must next see which pokemon disrupt ttar's sweeps, like Ferrothorn, Keldeo , Terrakion, Virizion, physically defensive Jirachi, Skarmory, and Breloom.

Luckily this is where trapping comes through at it's best. Gothitelle can run psyshock to take out Virizion, Terrakion, Keldeo, and Breloom while using Thunderbolt to take out Skarmory. Ferrothorn can be dealt with by hitting it with hp fire with Gothitelle and Jirachi can be taken down after residual damage with Dugtrio's Earthquake.

For the set you may want to use this one:

Gothitelle:
    Modest
    @ Choice Specs
    252 hp/ 252 Sp attack/ 6 def
    Psyshock/ Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Fire]/filler

You now need a lure to bring in TTar's counters. Im gonna suggest Genesect. Its an alternative to Scizor in that it U-Turns like crazy wracking up damage that puts the opponent in checkmate position for Gothitelle. It also eliminates dragon types with ice beam.

On top of that, it forms a volt-turn offensive core with Rotom-W and the infamous Dugtrio+Genesect offensive core that can be used to trap many unsuspecting victims and keep them constantly in check. For this, use the standard choice scarf set:

Genesect
    @Choice Scarf
    Naive (better takes scizor's bullet punch)
    8 atk/ 248 special Attack/ 252 speed
    U-Turn/ Ice Beam/ Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

For that you have to now take out a pokemon, and Im going to suggest you take out Mamoswine for this. Why? Because we now have a successful way to still check dragons and we have a pokemon that doesnt repeat our weaknesses since we already have a Dugtrio.

Aside from that, the team looks like it can check most threats pretty well. I hope I helped you out somewhat. See ya later and good luck with the team!
    3DS FC: 0275 - 8655 - 0603
    Y Version: Sciz
    AS Version: Scizor64

(TEam Edit, otherwise...) Bump

Thank you based Turpoo

Fix descriptions, sorta hard to rate because some don't match.

Fixed descriptions, so now it's possible to rate the team!

Thank you based Turpoo

Well first off I'd swap Twave for Trick as it enables you to cripple some defensive Pokemon and well, Twave just doesn't fit on Choiced sets. I am a bit curious of what exactly Rachi and Ttar do for your team as the metagame has turned into fast, hard hitters where DDTar just isn't a viable sweeper anymore. I'd take him out and replace him with another Pokemon that can take advantage of the holes your team puts like say, idk DDMence? Or you could just change Genesect into a Rock Polish set that works nicely and has great coverage. I think ParaFlinch Rachi is the wrong set here as it just seems to slow down the pace of the game when you're team sort of calls for an up-tempo pace. If you opt to keep Ttar, I'd change Ttar's moveset into a mixed one and add Life Orb/Choice Band Stoutland. With an Adamant 252/252, it hits 492 Attack with CB and 514 Speed in sand proving as an excellent revenge killer in sand and now being able to change Genesect into more of that late-game sweeper role while still being able to cause havoc early-mid game. Anyways, goodluck with the team, I really like it and hope it turns out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    Well first off I'd swap Twave for Trick as it enables you to cripple some defensive Pokemon and well, Twave just doesn't fit on Choiced sets. I am a bit curious of what exactly Rachi and Ttar do for your team as the metagame has turned into fast, hard hitters where DDTar just isn't a viable sweeper anymore. I'd take him out and replace him with another Pokemon that can take advantage of the holes your team puts like say, idk DDMence? Or you could just change Genesect into a Rock Polish set that works nicely and has great coverage. I think ParaFlinch Rachi is the wrong set here as it just seems to slow down the pace of the game when you're team sort of calls for an up-tempo pace. If you opt to keep Ttar, I'd change Ttar's moveset into a mixed one and add Life Orb/Choice Band Stoutland. With an Adamant 252/252, it hits 492 Attack with CB and 514 Speed in sand proving as an excellent revenge killer in sand and now being able to change Genesect into more of that late-game sweeper role while still being able to cause havoc early-mid game. Anyways, goodluck with the team, I really like it and hope it turns out well.
    Interesting concept. As for Gothitelle, I put Dark Pulse on her as a placeholder, but I will replace it with Trick. As for t-tar, that set is viable, and I have been planning to fix that up a bit as well, and as for Rachi, it actually works quite well with the team, and the Para flinch works quite well, as a frustrater. Thanks for the advice, and I will put it to the test!

Thank you based Turpoo