Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mono-Type Bug RMT

Default Mono-Type Bug RMT

Okay, I understand that with the following team I am about to show has a lot of weakness as one: it is a bug type team and two: they are fragile pokes. This team i have used in both the PWT and Subway and have done fairly well. As bug types are my favorite pokemon besides grass i do hope that those who read this will help suggest other move sets or other bug types.

One last note. As this is a Competitive team used for the Subway and PWT as well I know certain Legendaries will decimate my team but as i dont fight them unless in a simple Wifi battle please know i understand they will give me problems.

And now for the team::

Pokemon::Crustle
    Item::Bright Powder
    Nature::Lonely
    Ability::Stury
    EVs:: Attack::255 Speed::255
    Shell Smash
    Flail
    X-Scissor
    Rock Slide

The Shell Smasher!!!!!
    Its his main function i use him for really. First turn I will usually shell smash to gain the +2 attack/sp. attack/speed stat. Sturdy if there to make sure i can gain the stats and Rock Slide being its major move to use in doubles and single battles. X-Scissor is there for the Bug Type STAB. Flail being the go to move if I do get to the 1 hp thresh hold. Bright Powder is there to get that extra evasion.

Pokemon::Garvantula
    Item::Grass Gem
    Nature::Timid
    Ability::Compoundeyes
    EVs:: Sp. Attack::255 Speed::255
    Bug Buzz
    Energy Ball
    Thunder
    Electro Ball

The Thundering Spider.
    Garvatula has great typing. Its amazing and i love the little spider. Bug Buzz giving it But STAB, and Energy Ball to get rid of those pesky ground types as well as rock, the Grass Gem popping and giving it more power.
    Electro Ball is a great move i use for the speed advantage but my move of choice is Thunder as with Compoundeyes raising its accuracy is amazing plus STAB.

Pokemon::Beautifly
    Item:: Would love some advice
    Ability::Rivalry
    EVs:: Sp. Attack::255 Speed::255
    Attract
    Tailwind/Stun Spore
    Bug Buzz
    Quiver Dance

The Beautiful One.
    Being given rivalry give Beautifly a better advantage in a way getting the 25% boost in attack/sp. attack if its the same gender. And i gave it attract just in case they are a different gender. Im having difficulty picking tailwind as it would raise my team speed for four turns or stun spore, to cripple the speed of my opponent. Quiver Dance is there for the +1 to three of my stats, raising Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense/ Speed. Bug Buzz for STAB.

Pokemon::Volcarono
    Item::Leftovers
    Ability::Flame Body
    EVs:: Sp. Attack::255 Sp. Defense:: 120 Speed::135
    Substitute
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Fiery Dance (May change it back to Heat Wave)

The Fire Dancing Moth.
    Volcarona is my fire bug that i can use for good switch is with its Flame Body. It helps take out those Steel types that can crush me and i also use the substitute to set up my Quiver Dancing stats. With the Leftovers i can offset weather damage and regain lost health with the substitute. Fiery Dance is a great STAB giving me that possible Sp. Attack, though should i go back to heat wave since it better in doubles? Also Bug Buzz for a good other STAB.

Pokemon::Vespiquen
    Item::Quick Claw
    Nature::Careful
    Ability::Pressure
    EVs:: Hp::255 Defense::130 Speed::125
    Toxic
    Power Gem
    Heal Order
    Defend Order

The Wall Queen.
    Now this is the basic set you see on most Vespiquen and I use it in a similar fashion, using Defend Order to raise my defense and sp. defense, healing if need be with Heal Order and and Toxic to cripple anything except Steel and Poison types. Rock Gem being a coverage move that is typical for those Flying types.

Pokemon::Butterfree
    Item::Big Root
    Nature::Modest
    Ability::Compoundeyes
    EVs:: Sp. Attack::255 Sp. Defense:: 120 Speed:: 135
    Bug Buzz
    Sleep Powder
    Quiver Dance
    Dream Eater

The Deadly Dancing Dream.
    Now this is my baby. She can decimate a team easily with Sleep Powder getting a accuracy boost. Quiver Dance raising my stats to epic heights. If they are still asleep i can Dream Eater to my hearts content, plus gives a huge coverage, and heal if need be, and Bug Buzz being my STAB. Now i know Butterfree is fragile like no other but if i can setup she can be a power to reckon with.

Thanks for looking and i look forward to the helpful tips. Again i know stealth rock and other strategies that can kill this team with out a second thought, but i will gladly take any incites, as form what Ive seen I am one of the few to use a Bug team
    All Starters
        Spoiler:- Egg Move Pokemon:

Spoiler:- DW Females:

Spoiler:- Services:

Shinies::Butterfree, Ninetales, Lilligant

White Friend Code::4255-6169-8661

Yeah, plus if this is OU, Vespiquen, Beautifly, and Buterfree aren't going to fly (no pun intended). I would get rid of them for Scizor whos hits incredibly hard and has excellent STAB priority boosted by Technician and Forretress who can set up many entry hazards with ease due to its whopping Defence and is the one of the only two fully evolved Bug types with Rapid Spin which is necessary.

As for other teammates? I would consider replacing Galvantula for Genesect who's a much stronger special attacker. Scolipede has great Speed and some usable Defence to aid it set up Toxic Spikes. Heracross also gets a mention for being a powerhouse capable of taking special attacks quite well. Aside from that, I'll let the others criticize you. Welcome to the harshly judged world of competitive Pokemon. I wish you the best of luck in creating your team and hope you're prepared for a lot of strong opinions against you.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 25th November 2012 at 6:14 AM. Reason: grammar and "Bite my shiny metal ***!"
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

Yeah, plus if this is OU, Vespiquen, Beautifly, and Buterfree aren't going to fly (no pun intended). I would get rid of them for Scizor whos hits incredibly hard and has excellent STAB priority boosted by Technician and Forretress who can set up many entry hazards with ease due to its whopping Defence and is the one of the only two fully evolved Bug types with Rapid Spin which is necessary.

As for other teammates? I would consider replacing Galvantula for Genesect who's a much stronger special attacker. Scolipede has great Speed and some usable Defence to aid it set up Toxic Spikes. Heracross also gets a mention for being a powerhouse capable of taking special attacks quite well. Aside from that, I'll let the others criticize you. Welcome to the harshly judged world of competitive Pokemon. I wish you the best of luck in creating your team and hope you're prepared for a lot of strong opinions against you.
    Yes I have used this team in OU and UU battles, and in OU i do have some troubles, but Butterfree actually holds fairly well. I also do have a Scolipede i trained for power houseing, and a Fortress for entry hazzards. Though i just never really liked using Fortress i can switch in Scolipede for someone, possibly Vespiquen. As for Scizor i do have one trained with Technician though i traded it to my brother so he had a good steel type on his team.

Also i dont mean to be a jerkl to anyone who uses him but I consider Genosect a legendary of sort since like the others you cant breed him though if i did use him it would take forever to get the right one i would need, plus i like the challenge of using pokes that you normally wouldnt see. Thanks again for you tips and i may as well throw in Scolipede since i keep thinking of it
    All Starters

EDIT: Wait, is this a team used on competitive simulators (Pokemon Online, Shoddy, etc.) or a team being used in-game?

Why've you got your EVs set up 255/255? 252/252/4 does the same thing +1, that 1 can actually make a difference.

To be honest, I don't understand why people use Monotype outside of the Monotype tier... I once went up against mono-Dark with my Rain team. My opponent's lead Tricked my Specs Keldeo a Scarf. I have literally never had a happier PO moment... Easy, easy 6-0.

Anyway, besides the EVs (those spreads are really weird man....):

On Volcarona, drop Flame Body for Swarm. The extra power is a lot more useful than a Burn chance.

Replace Beautifly with Scizor (Beautifly has absolutely nothing on Scizor and you have 4 Pokemon 4x weak to Stealth Rock. I get that it's Mono_bug, but you shouldn't have 4 SR-weak pokemon (Volcarona, Beautifly, Butterfree and Vespiquen))

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Standard offensive Scizor. Bullet Punch gets boosted by Technician, gets Priority, gets STAB, gets a CB boost and comes off a MASSIVE 394 Atk stat. It punches (pun intended) holes in all kinds of things. U-Turn is for scouting and just getting out of there. Superpower hits Steels hard (they otherwise wall you) and Pursuit traps and picks up easy kills. EVs, Item and Nature work together to maximize damage from Bullet Punch, which is your main attack.

Galvantula should hold a Life Orb and use Giga Drain over Energy Ball for recovery. You lose out on a whole 5 damage for recovery. Life Orb means you're hitting like a truck with your 91% accuracy Thunder and it also boosts your Giga Drain heals (which sorta works to counteract the LO recoil)

Get Quick Claw off of Vespiquen, it's an awful item. If it's a wall, give it Leftovers.

You shouldn't be using Dream Eater on Butterfree. If you put them to sleep and they're smart, they will switch immediately. And Sleep Clause prevents you from hitting another with Sleep Powder. Try a double Powder set.

Butterfree @ Leftovers
    Trait: Compoundeyes
    Timid Nature (it REALLY needs the Spe...)
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Sleep Powder
    - Stun Spore
    - Substitute
    - Bug Buzz

Pretty simple. Put the first Poke to sleep and paralyze the switch, then sub and start attacking. If it weren't for Butterfree's AWFUL Spe stat, she could easily cripple entire teams simply because of the switches status and subs can force. If they stay in asleep or paralyzed, they're pretty much toast anyway. Even if Butterfree has a very mediocre 259 SpA at max. Butterfree is not a great choice for anything besides NU though she'll probably be KOed before you can do much with her almost every time.

And I'll say it again... Fix your EV's, you've got a lot of wasted ones there. Check Smogon if you need competitive sets and spreads for these Pokemon.
    Last edited by loco1234; 25th November 2012 at 7:41 AM.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    EDIT: Wait, is this a team used on competitive simulators (Pokemon Online, Shoddy, etc.) or a team being used in-game?

Why've you got your EVs set up 255/255? 252/252/4 does the same thing +1, that 1 can actually make a difference.

To be honest, I don't understand why people use Monotype outside of the Monotype tier... I once went up against mono-Dark with my Rain team. My opponent's lead Tricked my Specs Keldeo a Scarf. I have literally never had a happier PO moment... Easy, easy 6-0.

On Volcarona, drop Flame Body for Swarm. The extra power is a lot more useful than a Burn chance.

Replace Beautifly with Scizor (Beautifly has absolutely nothing on Scizor and you have 4 Pokemon 4x weak to Stealth Rock. I get that it's Mono_bug, but you shouldn't have 4 SR-weak pokemon (Volcarona, Beautifly, Butterfree and Vespiquen))

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Standard offensive Scizor. Bullet Punch gets boosted by Technician, gets Priority, gets STAB, gets a CB boost and comes off a MASSIVE 394 Atk stat. It punches (pun intended) holes in all kinds of things. U-Turn is for scouting and just getting out of there. Superpower hits Steels hard (they otherwise wall you) and Pursuit traps and picks up easy kills. EVs, Item and Nature work together to maximize damage from Bullet Punch, which is your main attack.

Galvantula should hold a Life Orb and use Giga Drain over Energy Ball for recovery. You lose out on a whole 5 damage for recovery. Life Orb means you're hitting like a truck with your 91% accuracy Thunder and it also boosts your Giga Drain heals (which sorta works to counteract the LO recoil)

Get Quick Claw off of Vespiquen, it's an awful item. If it's a wall, give it Leftovers.

You shouldn't be using Dream Eater on Butterfree. If you put them to sleep and they're smart, they will switch immediately. And Sleep Clause prevents you from hitting another with Sleep Powder. Try a double Powder set.

Butterfree @ Leftovers
    - Sleep Powder
    - Stun Spore
    - Substitute
    - Bug Buzz

Pretty simple. Put the first Poke to sleep and paralyze the switch, then sub and start attacking. If it weren't for Butterfree's AWFUL Spe stat, she could easily cripple entire teams simply because of the switches status and subs can force. If they stay in asleep or paralyzed, they're pretty much toast anyway. Even if Butterfree has a very mediocre 259 SpA at max. Butterfree is not a great choice for anything besides NU though she'll probably be KOed before you can do much with her almost every time.

And I'll say it again... Fix your EV's, you've got a lot of wasted ones there. Check Smogon if you need competitive sets and spreads for these Pokemon.

Mono type teams are challenging plus for those who like using a certain type they can try to make the best type team possible.
    Also I know the standard spread would be 252/252/4, it is good, but as when i breed i usually give my pokemon pokerus and since 255/255 is 510, i dont mind losing the one point for a stat.
    As for the 130/125 or the 120/135, its just easier for me to calculate and ive never had a problem with the way things turn out, its just comfortable with me and yes i know i may lose 1-2 points in the process.

As for Volcarono, i like having the flame body over swarm because with leftovers its never really low enough to get the swarm benefit. and even if i dont use substitute and use him as a switch in the flame body can active and cripple my opponent. Though i will try out the swarm and see how it goes though i think a different move set would be needed.

I like Vespiquen with quick claw because if it works i get to up my stats or heal before my opponent can hit me.

Giga Drain on Garvantula seems like a better idea so i may try that out with the LO. i never would have thought of that.

Now i have seen many Butterfrees throught many diffenet sites, and they are all good, but with my play style i actually love Dream eater on her. Yes i know the clause keeps me from sleeping two pokes on a team but if they do switch i still get that free turn to boost. Also I hate the Sub Butterfree, i have made one before and it just doesnt work for me.

Also i dont trust Smogon as i have had bad experiance with it before, and dont really thing its viable, and i have used this team to fight in online play as well as in game, and i have done very well, but thanks again for the inpute and i may try some of it and see what happens.
    All Starters

A Scizor or Heracross (or both) could have a place on this team instead of Beautifly or Butterfree.
    Full rate and maybe sets later

As have been said, your team is stealth rock weak, though you have already said that you dislike using forretress (assuming you dislike playing him on a standard hazard set), I suggest you try an offensive one having a set of: Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Payback and Gyro Ball.

It's Volcarona with an "a" (no offense meant). I agree with you playing with Flame Body than Swarm since Volcy is physically weak, a burn on a physically offensive opponent helps in weakening them. Swarm is too risky to activate. In random wifi, I use this set: Quiver Dance, Giga Drain, Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz with a Focus Sash. Giga Drain can help put on a surprise against Rain and Water-biased teams.

On your Beautifly (if you're considering not to swap it for a different pkmn) Stun Spore over Tailwind. The Paralysis is favorable since it can last the whole game while Tailwind can only last for 4 turns (2 if you're planning to switch out)

Since you're running a straight bug team, probably a Sleep Talker Heracross? It's pretty bulky and can deal against opposing rock types like Terrakion.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Butterfree @ Leftovers
    - Sleep Powder
    - Stun Spore
    - Substitute
    - Bug Buzz

Swarm isn't even available as an ability yet. And I think you should really consider running Scizor over Butterfree. You will be saving yourself a lot of trouble and won't depend as much on luck since the powders tend to miss too often
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Is it sad that the worse teams get more rates? A little, but I suppose it makes sense. The worse ones need more help to make them good, or at least that is everyones excuse. But the real reason is that its easier to come up with a post for a bad team.

Your Stealth Rock weak and need to swap out Vespiqueen for Armoldo so you can have a Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rocker. Then take out one of the butterflies for Scizor because we all know its better.

Look that took me a grand total of 3 minutes and now my post count is up. Wahoo. I wish people would take the time to look at good teams to find what can make them better instead of feigning expertise by leaving obvious comments on bad teams.

And no this is not spam, I did technicaly offer reasonable advice.

That is all.

I agree with you playing with Flame Body than Swarm since Volcy is physically weak, a burn on a physically offensive opponent helps in weakening them.
    A fair point. I've usually used Swarm. But then I usually play Sub-Volcarona, where Swarm is easier to trigger.

Swarm isn't even available as an ability yet.
    Simulators xD This is the competitive RMT forum, where we assume the teams are for use on simulators.

And I think you should really consider running Scizor over Butterfree. You will be saving yourself a lot of trouble and won't depend as much on luck since the powders tend to miss too often
    I agree with Scizor over something, although I still think it'd be better replacing Beautifly. I'd just like to point out the powders almost never miss with Compoundeyes, they're at.... Gimme a second here.... 97.5% Accuracy.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

I really dont want to as i kinda didnt want to have to use and rely on Scizor but i might as well get him back from my brother. Also Giga Drain on Volcarona does seem pretty good ill have to try it
    All Starters

Quote Originally Posted by NoteLobo View Post
    Is it sad that the worse teams get more rates? A little, but I suppose it makes sense. The worse ones need more help to make them good, or at least that is everyones excuse. But the real reason is that its easier to come up with a post for a bad team.

Your Stealth Rock weak and need to swap out Vespiqueen for Armoldo so you can have a Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rocker. Then take out one of the butterflies for Scizor because we all know its better.

Look that took me a grand total of 3 minutes and now my post count is up. Wahoo. I wish people would take the time to look at good teams to find what can make them better instead of feigning expertise by leaving obvious comments on bad teams.

And no this is not spam, I did technicaly offer reasonable advice.

That is all.
    That's why I deleted my RMT and don't rate as much. All my posts are rates lol. Also those 1-2 EV points make a huge difference in aomething like speed especially with a frail type like Bugs. If you're gonna half do a team and not take the suggestions, I don't underšand what's the point of posting an RMT.
    Last edited by Atrocious; 25th November 2012 at 6:19 PM.

Steel types won't give you as much of a problem if you put Earthquake over one of Crustle's moves. Maybe flail, since even after Shell Smash Crustle doesn't have the speed to pull it off.

Spoiler:- Wild Future:

Stealth rock= 6-0 really you have no spinner and you have 6 stealth rock weak pokemons while none of them is neutral to rock it's ok having a huge SR weakness with a mono bug but.. atleast have forretress and less *4 SR weaknesses.. like having heracross and scizor too..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by redpanda15 View Post
    Steel types won't give you as much of a problem if you put Earthquake over one of Crustle's moves. Maybe flail, since even after Shell Smash Crustle doesn't have the speed to pull it off.
    i thought of earthquake so this makes sence. I might put it on then since yeah flail does seem to still not be working
    All Starters

And thus legitimate comments continue to go unanswered.

USE SCIZOR, OR GENESECT, OR HERACROSS, OR FORRETRESS, OR ANY OF THE GOOD BUG TYPES!!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD ONE YOUR USING RIGHT NOW IS VOLCARONA!!!

I am 90% sure that as it stands this team won't even beat CPU's well. So quit ignoring the people who are trying to actually make this team good. Please.

Ah, you just had a stupid and/or suicidal opponent then. I used my MonoSteel for a while before I discovered there was an entire tier dedicated to Monotypes and I laddered quite high with it, especially considering MixApe rampages through me, being the bane of every Steel type in existence.

Anyways, Rocks murder you, get a Taunter somewhere.

Banded Scizor says hi, and wants to meet Galvantula. Together, they'd form a nice VoltTurn combo.

Vespiquen should never, ever be used anywhere, unless he's right next to Castform and Delibird. Goodbye Vespi, hello... Something else. Anything else. Heracross, for example.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Guts - Jolly
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Now, Beautifly doesn't even cut it ingame. Genesect does her job better.

Genesect @ Life Orb
    Download - Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Giga Drain / Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Beam

Earthquake > Flail on Crustle for almost unresisted coverage.

I'm not a huge Butterfree fan, I think Venomoth does the Quiver Dance set better, but I can see how a nearly perfectly accurate Sleep Powder has its charms.

That's all for now.

EDIT: I forgot, Volt Switch on Galvantula, especially if you get a Scizor.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 25th November 2012 at 9:43 PM.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

And thus legitimate comments continue to go unanswered.

USE SCIZOR, OR GENESECT, OR HERACROSS, OR FORRETRESS, OR ANY OF THE GOOD BUG TYPES!!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD ONE YOUR USING RIGHT NOW IS VOLCARONA!!!

I am 90% sure that as it stands this team won't even beat CPU's well. So quit ignoring the people who are trying to actually make this team good. Please.
    i read your comment and took what i needed i will probably put my Scizor back in there for Beautifly.
    and as stated above i will not use Genosect as he will mostly be banned from tourny play plus i consider him a legend of sorts, and i dont use them. Also no need to yell and get mad because no one looked at your thread, I understand you are trying to help. Thank you for your comments
    All Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Ah, you just had a stupid and/or suicidal opponent then. I used my MonoSteel for a while before I discovered there was an entire tier dedicated to Monotypes and I laddered quite high with it, especially considering MixApe rampages through me, being the bane of every Steel type in existence.

Anyways, Rocks murder you, get a Taunter somewhere.

Banded Scizor says hi, and wants to meet Galvantula. Together, they'd form a nice VoltTurn combo.

Vespiquen should never, ever be used anywhere, unless he's right next to Castform and Delibird. Goodbye Vespi, hello... Something else. Anything else. Heracross, for example.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Guts - Jolly
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Now, Beautifly doesn't even cut it ingame. Genesect does her job better.

Genesect @ Life Orb
    Download - Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Rock Polish
    -Giga Drain / Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Ice Beam

Earthquake > Flail on Crustle for almost unresisted coverage.

I'm not a huge Butterfree fan, I think Venomoth does the Quiver Dance set better, but I can see how a nearly perfectly accurate Sleep Powder has its charms.

That's all for now.

EDIT: I forgot, Volt Switch on Galvantula, especially if you get a Scizor.
    Yeah i have a Venomoth trained but mostly for the Baton pass, with Quiver dance and Protect, but i love the accuracy boost for powders.
    I will probably swtch out Vespiquen for Shuckle as a friend gave me a great idea with it. Plus as i keep saying i will NOT use Genesect EVER. that its just my preferance as again i state he will mostly be banned in actual Tourny play.
    Volt switch on Garvatula would help especially if i put my Scizor back in so thanks for that as it will work nicely. Thank you for you help.
    All Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Serah Farron View Post
    Yeah i have a Venomoth trained but mostly for the Baton pass, with Quiver dance and Protect, but i love the accuracy boost for powders.
    I will probably swtch out Vespiquen for Shuckle as a friend gave me a great idea with it. Plus as i keep saying i will NOT use Genesect EVER. that its just my preferance as again i state he will mostly be banned in actual Tourny play.
    Volt switch on Garvatula would help especially if i put my Scizor back in so thanks for that as it will work nicely. Thank you for you help.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Contrary - Impish
    252 Sp. Def, 176 Def, 80 HP
    -Shell Smash
    -Power Split (NOT Power Trick)
    -Toxic
    -Rest

Best Shuckle set I know. Of course it can't harm Steel or Poison types, but...
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevensevens View Post
    Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Contrary - Impish
    252 Sp. Def, 176 Def, 80 HP
    -Shell Smash
    -Power Split (NOT Power Trick)
    -Toxic
    -Rest

Best Shuckle set I know. Of course it can't harm Steel or Poison types, but...
    i understand this is a standard Shuckle move set, but i have something else in min, though thank you
    All Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Serah Farron View Post
    i understand this is a standard Shuckle move set, but i have something else in min, though thank you
    Ah, standard? No, the standard set is a utility set, that's a set I designed myself. Nevertheless, clearly you have a set you like.

(Just saying, if it's the Power Trick set, it's terrible)

~Richard Dawkins

Sorry about the shouting earlier. I just get rather annoyed when people ignore good recommendations and act like they were never said. It has nothing to do with my thread =) I'm doing quite well.

But you really really do need to try Armoldo. It is bug/rock, and it gives you spinning capabilities without going ahead and giving you more of a fire weakness like adding Forretress would. It gives you a few more good resists to work with and overall helps your team tremendously.

Sorry about the shouting earlier. I just get rather annoyed when people ignore good recommendations and act like they were never said. It has nothing to do with my thread =) I'm doing quite well.

But you really really do need to try Armoldo. It is bug/rock, and it gives you spinning capabilities without going ahead and giving you more of a fire weakness like adding Forretress would. It gives you a few more good resists to work with and overall helps your team tremendously.
    Armaldo does seem very well so i may as well train one and see how it works, i should have an update to this team in a few days once i get my scizor back and fix some other pokes up. and thanks agian for the input
    All Starters

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Def
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Acupressure
    - Rest
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

I like to troll with this set when I get extremely bored. Use when no phasers or last pn on team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast