Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite animated Disney film?

The Little Mermaid and the Lion King are still my favorite animated Disney movies to this day.

I would say The Little Mermaid and Spirit, I love that movie and how different it is <3!!.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I would say The Little Mermaid and Spirit, I love that movie and how different it is <3!!.
    *struggles to hold back hands*

People, please do your research on 2-D animated films. Not every single traditionally animated film out there is a Disney movie. DreamWorks had a traditional animation department at one point before they closed it in favor for 3-D animation. Thus, Spirit is not a Disney movie, it's a DreamWorks movie.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

The Lion King. Or Hercules, despite how wrong it is compared to the actual myth...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Lion King, I love LK 2 more.
    I also like Oliver & Company alot!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemyuu View Post
    Lion King, I love LK 2 more.
    I also like Oliver & Company alot!
    Wait why do you love The Lion King 2 so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    I don't see what's so bad with them liking the sequel (don't know about you), it's actually a pretty good sequel for what it is. Though I am curious about an explanation as well...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Talking

TOY STORY!!!, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, The Lion King One in a Half, Anything Tinkerbell (<3), Sophia the First: Once Opon a Princess, Bambi, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Peter Pan, A Bugs Life, Chicken Little, Poccahauntus, Lion King in genneral, princesses, ext ext.....

I love pretty much any disney film...XD Now to get off my lazy bum and look them up on youtube more often lol. I'm always too hyper to look up stuff on there....XD Though I think I almost watched Beauty and the Beast a few days ago.

Disney films feel easier to watch on tv than online o.o' They're showing Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast back to back on Disney Channel this sunday, I think. Yay, I can't wait to watch them~^_^

As a kid, I LOVED Cinderella. She was one of my heroes. XD I loved Ariel and Alice too.

Yep defenetly a Disney fan here...
    <3 ^_^ <3
    x3;

Some of my favorites from childhood; I NEED TO LOOK THEM UP!!! @_@; I miss A Bugs Life...and my video I had of it. *twittle's her fingers..*
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

The Lion King, gotta love that James Earl Jones. And Toy Story 3, I felt it was possibly the best of the three and a just conclusion to the trilogy. Both of these movies made me cry.

For me it's "The Lion King" like the most.

I personally have a preference for a lot of the older Disney films from around the 40s, 50s, and early 60s. I feel like a lot of Disney movies from that era had a bit of a darker edge to them compared to more modern ones, and I like that in animated films.

That said, The Lion King is and always will be my favorite Disney film of all time. I've seen it well over 400 times in my life. I just watched it last night, actually, and even now, I can still say that it is absolute perfection in every sense of the word. The visuals are gorgeous (Mufasa's death scene in particular is well done; I knew what was going to happen, and I was still on edge the entire time), the characters are great (even if the plot is basically Hamlet with lions), the music is catchy, and it does have a bit of that darker edge I like.

Also, FWIW, Spirit, The Prince of Egypt, and Anastasia are not Disney. I see those three films called Disney films far too often for my liking.

i'll go with beauty and the beast, it was my favorite disney movie ever. I loved Belle as a character, and i think the message speaks for generations.

Lion King... even though mother teases me about it every time that death scene comes on. Since I cried for like three hours after it happened when I was little XD

Also Beauty and the Beast.. I like that Belle loves reading books X3 as I love to read a lot too :3 the same books a lot most of the time XD
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Hercules. Loved it so much.

Dumbo, I cried for ages, still a tear comes to my eye when he sees his mother in the cage...

To be honest, I was never that into disney films, since my Dad works for Warner Bros and I always liked books and films above my age, and usually my level of full understandment (one of my made up words )

and FYI i didn't like Lion King as a kid, i did at a young age, but at about 5 I got really bored and frustrated with it. But yeah, Dumbo will always have a place in my heart. AND HOW COULD I FORGET WINNIE THE POOH!?!?!?!?!?!? yeah, that was awesome as well
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

The Hunchback of Notre Dame was one of my all-time favorites...I always thought it was cute how Victor Hugo was the writer of the original book and they named two of the three gargoyles Victor and Hugo. The songs were great too...Clopin's songs at the beginning and end always made me smile.

Teacher's Pet is another great one! I learned all fifty states in alphabetical order because of a song from that movie! :)

Lady and the Tramp

If we are talking about the 2D films. Its Hunchback of Notre Dame. I just love everything about it. Although I have to agree with Nostalgia Critic that it would have been better had the gargoyles been figments of Quasimodo's imagination or just not talked at all

I never much cared for Disney movies, but I love the Goofy Movie. Emperor's New Groove was also really good.

I ****ing hate the Lion King however.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    No you don't.

No one does.

I never much cared for Disney movies, but I love the Goofy Movie. Emperor's New Groove was also really good.

While I do agree with you on Emperor's New Groove, I'm curious as to why you hate the Lion King. I thought it was a really good movie. It also has an awesome villain in Scar.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    While I do agree with you on Emperor's New Groove, I'm curious as to why you hate the Lion King. I thought it was a really good movie. It also has an awesome villain in Scar.
    I had to watch it way too many times as a child. And while it is not a bad movie by any means, it never really caught my fancy either. It's more of a personal thing than any kind of evauliation of quality.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I had to watch it way too many times as a child. And while it is not a bad movie by any means, it never really caught my fancy either. It's more of a personal thing than any kind of evauliation of quality.
    I know what you mean. I feel the exact same way about The Little Mermaid. I was never too fond of it, although I can see why people like it so much. It's just too upbeat for my taste, is all.

Oliver and Company

I also think Lion King II was better then the Original.

I thought the sequel had better pacing, better songs (including my favorite villain song ever), and even better writing. The Lion King had superior animation and looked absolutely beautiful, but I felt like things went a little too well for Simba during the second half. His biggest struggle was accepting that what happened wasn't his fault. After that happened everything just kind of fell in place for him.

I've probably answered this question a million times, but here I go again. Hands down, my favourite movie (Disney or otherwise) of all time is The Lion King. I liked the sequel as well. Another fave is Beauty and the Beast.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast