Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Best Wishes do better than any other saga?

Quote Originally Posted by fruitjuice222 View Post
    If you call Iris insulting both of them constantly and Cilan being in love with Ash great chemistry then....
    ...Why do people keep doing this? It's comedy, they're kids, that's what they do. Honestly, I'll never understand why some are so bent on demonizing Iris as being a bully who hates Satoshi and Dento. It's not just the fact that it's not true, it's just like....what's the point? Is it meant to be a veiled jab at her writing? Iris has done so much crap to show she loves traveling with Satoshi and Dento that I wonder if these comments are made to just attract attention sometimes.

Anyway, making out my list of BW positives. Hopefully everything is detailed enough that it explains why I see these aspects in this way and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    They're all crap.

Bianca- bad personality and nowhere near as strong as ash
    Stephan- Fine other than the fact that he almost never shows up
    Trip- loses almost every time
    Kotetsu- Fine but introduced way too late
    Virgil- ...

Which ones do you consider decent?
    Who people consider amazing, decent, or crap is all subjective, so leave it at that.

Just a better animation, that's all.

oh, and Kotetsu, of course
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

-BW has the balls to try new things and it's breaking all the rules. :P That's probably the thing I like most about it, it's willing to break the mold and try new things and aspects. Rotation captures, middle-stage captures, FULLY-EVOLVED CAPTURES. It's like the fandom had a freaking massive brain fart when the writers tried something new, I guess people became so accustomed to that form of doing things that it can be hard accepting or liking something new.

-Iris and Cilan, thank you. These two are the best things about Best Wishes.

-I know the rotation system gets dissed often, but if the writers hadn't done the rotation system we would have Snivy, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Pikachu, and Scraggy as Ash's Pokemon. I can't imagine Ash's team without Krookodile, especially when he's probably the strongest BW Pokemon in Ash's current arsenal. Beartic, Dragonite battles would have not have been as good without that crocodile starring in them. I actually really liked Sewaddle before he became a Leavanny and Swadloon later on, his win over Dwebble was an innovative gym where we really saw Ash use some great strategy.

-Better personality than the DP Pokemon which pretty bland later on. Turtwig was great until he became Torterra, Infernape just was sorta serious, Staraptor had no personality, Gliscor's crybaby-ness was good, Gible's eccentricity was cool, Buizel just lost his badass-ness later on. Nothing on Brock's team was that big of a stand-out except Croagunk who was great. Nothing on Dawn's team except Piplup, Mamoswine, Togekiss, Buneary's crush, and that's it. Scraggy, Snivy, Oshawott, Krookodile, Pikachu, Excadrill, Dragonite, Emolga, and Pignite's personalities are fantastic.

-Ash acts like a kid should and has more of a personality in that regard and his responses to things are less generic and we actually get a sense of their being more than just typical male shounen star.

-Cilan, his goal is something new and interesting.

-Iris, her Dragon Master goal, development, Pokemon, flashbacks, backstory, great. I also love the fact Iris' isn't some girly Ash-personality like companion in the same way Dawn felt like half the time.

-A Castelia of characters. BW easily has the best COTDs and POTD ever, Maya, the Dream Thief, Charles, Luke, Angus, Betty, Getty, Scrafty, Gothita, Katharine, Palpitoad, Hydreigon, etc.

-Interesting rivals, my personal favorite is Georgia.

-Music, good animation.

-Dawn reappearing, her moments with Iris as well.

-Dragon focus and expansion on what it means to be a master of Dragons which I guess somewhat connects back to being a Pokemon Master.

-Tournaments, yeah we get some nice battling and interactions, I like it. I just feel like the writers have more to juggle with these tournaments unlike DP's Tag Battle Tournament which only focused on Paul and Chimchar, rival wise.

-BW, if anything, needs more length to really try out all the new **** its implemented.

Um....more to come later so....:P

The characters and the character interactions were pretty interesting.
    Also the music and animation is good.
    That's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Handled better
    - The Amount of Episodes. As much as I love DP to hell, it's quite long... and since I can't stand Iris, I'm glad that BW did less fillers.
    - Animation. More 3D-esque... and that's about it.
    - Handling of Team Rocket. IMO the Therian ending just killed them, but it's pretty much done better than any other sagas.
    - Stuffs that the writers tried out. They tried out a rotational team, having electric types, having dark types etc etc. AND having tournaments

Tbh that's about it. I really don't think that BW did anything to me other than being an IMO disappointing saga...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I liked some parts of the animation, mainly the textures used for natural elements like water, rocks, plants etc. The trees in some forests were amazing. I also liked the better pace of the show. I know that's not much to go by and regret that I'm in the same boat with a lot of people regarding how the series was handled. Nonetheless I intend to stay positive for the future. Pokemon needs a positive fanbase more than ever. *Applauds Pokemaniac24 for thread.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Mamoru Miyano

I agree with Gotpika, about how Best Wishes is actually trying to change and pretty much everything else he said. XDD

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Best Wishes did a good job at giving Pokemon personalities, I have to admit that. That is one area the anime is getting better at and BW has done the best job of Pokemon personalities even if some feel like rehashes. That's the only nice and positive thing I have to say about Best Wishes.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I really like Cilan, he was an amazing replacement for Brock.
    Iris and Cilan are Ash's best companions yet.
    Rotation is an interesting concept.
    The rivals.
    Pokemon's personalities.

Best Wishes is probably the weakest season since Kanto, IMO but it changed up the formula to give it a fresh taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Best Wishes did a good job at giving Pokemon personalities, I have to admit that. That is one area the anime is getting better at and BW has done the best job of Pokemon personalities even if some feel like rehashes. That's the only nice and positive thing I have to say about Best Wishes.
    Only Pokemon with any big personalities are Oshawott and Krookodile... so I'm not sure how this is a positive. Snivy might sorta count, but it's still not all there, as she rarely displays her motherly side and isn't really stuck up all that much anymore. Scraggy's and Leavanny's things are in their nature, thus not their actual personalities, besides Leavanny only showed that side once.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 26th November 2012 at 4:07 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Only Pokemon with any big personalities are Oshawott and Krookodile... so I'm not sure how this is a positive. Snivy might sorta count, but it's still not all there, as she rarely displays her motherly side and isn't really stuck up all that much anymore. Scraggy's and Leavanny's things are in it's nature not an actual personalities, besides Leavanny only showed that side once.
    he also only had 1 episode where he wasnt battling

WOOHOO RANK UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Only Pokemon with any big personalities are Oshawott and Krookodile... so I'm not sure how this is a positive. Snivy might sorta count, but it's still not all there, as she rarely displays her motherly side and isn't really stuck up all that much anymore. Scraggy's and Leavanny's things are in their nature, thus not their actual personalities, besides Leavanny only showed that side once.
    Their nature reflects their personality, the other Scrafty wasn't like Scraggy at all, he has his own personality, even if its associated with the species, the whole pride thing about Piplup is based on his species also, did he not have a personality?

Scraggy, Snivy, Axew, Leavanny, Dragonite, Emolga all have shown great personality traits, the only time I remember a team or cast of pokemon being like this is back in Johto, when all the starters, Heracross and even Noctowl had clear personalities traits that distinguished them all.

Heck Palpitoad looked like he could have a great personality that was never used.

On to my opinion:

- Great cast, best personalities we ever had in the anime, pokemon and human wish
    - Rivals were all fun as far as I'm concerned, I even enjoyed Virgil that came one episode before the league
    - Battles were mostly good some great, actually 5,6,7 are probably on my top 10 gym battles, apparently Pikachu and Satoshi acting stupid in the electric gym and Tranquill not battling in the bug gym makes every gym and battle in BW bad, my favourite gym before this was Buizel vs Lucario(even with all the convinient BS), I have atleast the 4gym tied with that.
    - Tournaments, we had greats 1vs1 in the tournaments and one was used to develop Scraggy that really needed wins at that time, it was great fo the main kids and the rivals besides the overdone gags from Belle
    - Big team and rotation, some pokemon could have used one or two more episodes but they all got something to do most of the times, my only problem is still with Palpitoad
    - Shooti ending up with Cheren storyline, I liked it ingame and I like Alder, I think it was something diferent and I enjoyed it, would have liked if they had a full battle and one or two more battles during the region though
    - CotDs/tournament characters appearing at the league and showing others characters are capable not just the main characters, also its something I want since always to happen
    - The animation is cool too, the move slacking is another story but this thread is not to talk about that
    - OH but last but not least TR not ruining every single episode for me and actually being able to enjoy them since I haven't since Kanto
    Edit:
    - I also loved the whole Sandile story and how it was a capture that took a while and worked along the storyline, heck all the captures were great but I usually enjoy the capture in every region anyway, I just though the Krokorok one was well done

Not going to make comparisons since this thread isn't for it but I really can't think of a region that added this much to the series and to me this are all positives.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 26th November 2012 at 4:36 AM.

*looks at Cyber's post*

Why are you putting negatives in a positive thread? XD

I found Dento's dorkiness a nice touch (have you seen the way he runs? He runs like he's in high step marching band or something)XD He's so bishounen but at the same time sort of breaks that. XD

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    *looks at Cyber's post*

I found Dento's dorkiness a nice touch (have you seen the way he runs? He runs like he's in high step marching band or something)XD He's so bishounen but at the same time sort of breaks that. XD
    Maybe if someone makes a complaint thread he would post the positives?

Oh yeah, Cilan. Forgot about that guy. He's another positive. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Who people consider amazing, decent, or crap is all subjective, so leave it at that.
    Fine point taken~

The animation was amazing for sure, Ash getting a Dark type was long overdue. I don't like how Ash didn't challenge Drayden or Marlon for his 8th badge makes him look sort of weak IMO

The only positive thing I can think of is giving Ash more than 5 new Pokemon and rotating them. Although it didn't work that much. (see Palpitoad)
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

For me personally:

• Ash's team of Pokémon is rotated frequently rather than being just one concrete team. It adds some variety to the show but it also develops them much better than in previous seasons. Of course, this isn't applicable to all Pokémon *cough* Palpitoad *cough*
    • Team Rocket have reverted back to their original routes. During the Indigo League Series, Team Rocket were wanted by the police but as episodes progressed they became a novelty addition, so it's nice to see them taken more seriously.
    • All 3 protagonists are given a "major" rival.
      Iris -> Georgia
      Cilan-> Burgundy
      Ash-> Trip
    • The episodes dedicated to each character have some relevance towards their development much rather than being fillers like in previous series i.e Brock and Vulpix.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Pokemon Omega Ruby: Badges: 6
    Pokemon X Badges: 1
    Pokemon Platinum: Badges:7
    Pokemon Emerald Badges: 3
    Pokemon Leaf Green Badges: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario Fan View Post
    The only positive thing I can think of is giving Ash more than 5 new Pokemon and rotating them. Although it didn't work that much. (see Palpitoad)
    That and the new types that Ash own. I honestly disliked nearly everything else in this saga. Everything was pretty much rushed; the battles, the evolutions, the character development; everything. Whats even more annoying is that with Iris and Cilan, they're just too similar to Misty and Brock (Iris-Misty Ice-Bug type fear and Brock-Cilan cooking though I'm probably being too harsh on Cilan as he has a few unique nishes). The writers have also tried to recreate the kanto saga and ended up with the Best Wishes series; team rocket returning and acting like true villains which worked for a while until they dissapeared, Trip being another smug hotheaded rival that shows no respect to Ash until he is defeated (Paul was different, he never mocked Ash in a style similar to Gary, he was just coldhearted).

So overall, the only things that Best Wishes did better than any other saga were the variety in pokemon given to the main trio.

Quote Originally Posted by EspNeon View Post
    [I]The episodes dedicated to each character have some relevance towards their development much rather than being fillers like in previous series i.e Brock and Vulpix.
    At least with the Brock and Vulpix episode, it was more than just a filler as Brock owned the Vulpix for a while, it focused on Brock's aspiration to becoming a breeder, what he had to look forward to if he became a full time well known breeder and other things like that.
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 26th November 2012 at 5:13 PM.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

- Team Rocket not in every episode.
    - Ash owning dark types.

-the Animation. Finally Ash's eyes are confirmed brown, when back in Kanto, couldn't tell
    You could see his eyes were brown in the kanto episodes. After turning his hat around, there is a close-up shot of his eye, before throwing a pokeball.

-BW has the balls to try new things and it's breaking all the rules. :P That's probably the thing I like most about it, it's willing to break the mold and try new things and aspects. Rotation captures, middle-stage captures, FULLY-EVOLVED CAPTURES. It's like the fandom had a freaking massive brain fart when the writers tried something new, I guess people became so accustomed to that form of doing things that it can be hard accepting or liking something new.
    Middle stage and final stage captures happened in Kanto (Ash's Pidgeotto and Muk).

I will say though I do love some of the personalities this saga like Scraggy and Snivy. Hopefully we have more evo's before we're done to even things out.
    Last edited by Sushi; 26th November 2012 at 7:13 PM.

I still think one thing Best Wishes did better than any other saga is indeed the villains. Anyone who thinks that Galactic, J, Aqua and Magma were better than BW TR are kidding themselves. So Best Wishes has that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    *looks at Cyber's post*

He always does that and acts like his opinions are facts, just ignore it.

I'll give my pros and cons about Best Wishes

Pros

-Animation

-Dento and Iris have rivals and do more things than the past sidekicks did.

-Ash has a lot more rivals

-Ash has more Pokemon than he ever has had before

-Dento {I enjoy his character and honestly hope he stays next series but hey. }

-Team Rocket not appearing in every episode

Cons

-Ash getting shoved into the background a lot {While its great that the sidekicks are getting a lot to do but lets not forget who the main character is folks. He needs way more screen time and battles, I hope they fix this in the next series and make it more even. }

-They needed to show Ash training on screen and get some more fights. I hated how Ash said he trained his Pokemon but we never got to see it, instead we see some other none important plots}

-Team Rocket being serious {I liked them better when they were funny}

-The way they did things with Ash and Trip's rivalry {Good freakin Mike, its not even funny what they did here..Trip gets knocked out way too early, that says how much Pokemon loves him sheesh! Any time they had a chance to do things to improve the rivalry they missed that chance. }

Yah, this is my least favorite series so far and am glad its coming to an end soon.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 26th November 2012 at 5:50 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I've got to ask, what's so bad about Cyber's reactions in this thread? I'm actually with him on this, the whole saga has been pretty poorly handled, with the single redeeming factor being some of the Pokemon personalities.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast