Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Shoguns

Uhm, guys. Addiction ads are popping up on Serebii. Am I the only person feeling an odd mix of disturbance and amusement?

Anyway, lost to Alby earlier 1-0, if he didn't mention it. He gets points still, yes? If so, he earned them. Damn that Mew D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSmuggler View Post
    Uhm, guys. Addiction ads are popping up on Serebii. Am I the only person feeling an odd mix of disturbance and amusement?

Anyway, lost to Alby earlier 1-0, if he didn't mention it. He gets points still, yes? If so, he earned them. Damn that Mew D:<
    Haven't noticed them :P
    Also, like I said in the PM, our TR teams will never be Identical.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Nice RMT guys, I might post a rate soon :]

3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Haven't noticed them :P
    Also, like I said in the PM, our TR teams will never be Identical.
    Probably not, but that's okay. That's the beauty of Pokemon: you can have different ideas, and no one is wrong. Perhaps instead of trying to build a single team, we should just help each other out. Also, sorry if I've been seeming a little forceful or anything of the sort. I've got a bad habit of getting very hyper when I get excited about something. With everything I've been dealing with (my mother dying and all that),it's been really helpful to have these sorts of distractions. I appreciate you putting up with me xD

And on the note of my recent issues: a) yes, my mother did pass away, for anyone who knew she was sick but hadn't been fully updated. She went peacefully on a *bleep*ton of painkillers, so she wasn't in pain. My brother gave up his standing as executor of the will, so I ended up arranging the funeral (and have to make sure her debts are paid, and that her will is executed as she intended). And b) due to this stress, I'm taking the summer off from classes, meaning I'll have more time here, assuming this guild stays open (which it DAMN WELL BETTER). Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me through all of this, and here's hoping that a hiatus from college will help me recover and cope *toasts* *sips wine* (I wish, we don't have any, but hey)

My writing blog

Probably not, but that's okay. That's the beauty of Pokemon: you can have different ideas, and no one is wrong. Perhaps instead of trying to build a single team, we should just help each other out. Also, sorry if I've been seeming a little forceful or anything of the sort. I've got a bad habit of getting very hyper when I get excited about something. With everything I've been dealing with (my mother dying and all that),it's been really helpful to have these sorts of distractions. I appreciate you putting up with me xD

And on the note of my recent issues: a) yes, my mother did pass away, for anyone who knew she was sick but hadn't been fully updated. She went peacefully on a *bleep*ton of painkillers, so she wasn't in pain. My brother gave up his standing as executor of the will, so I ended up arranging the funeral (and have to make sure her debts are paid, and that her will is executed as she intended). And b) due to this stress, I'm taking the summer off from classes, meaning I'll have more time here, assuming this guild stays open (which it DAMN WELL BETTER). Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me through all of this, and here's hoping that a hiatus from college will help me recover and cope *toasts* *sips wine* (I wish, we don't have any, but hey)
    I can only I wish the best for you moving forward Moose, you've gone through a lot, and the road my seem only uphill as you go on but remember the entire guild is supporting you. Also summer looks like its gonna be extremely fun since I'll have a lot of free time too, barring two weeks I'll be going to Digipen, but I'll also drink to your toast with this handy water bottle I just found. *sips* Only the finest of Hydrogen Dioxide on such a toast.

Credit goes to FairyWitch for the banner. Click the Banner for my X and Y walkthroughs. Dream Code for AC town is 5900-3931-5736

Hey, guys.

Not sure if you're aware, but you guys have priority over all other traders in my trade shop. I'll also give you guys better deals than the masses. Link is in my signature if you're interested.

On topic, what teams are currently dominating the metagame? Are weather teams still being used a lot?
    HeartGold FC: 3998 5135 4552

Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

You weren't forceful as such, it's just me and you are two very DIFFERENT people when it comes to making teams, and not just TR teams I can imagine I'm still used to 4th gen so I'm not fully aware of how good 5th gen pokemon are or what 5th gen moves to use. As such I just stick to what I know worked in 4th gen and when I do use unfamiliar pokemon I mainly base the move sets off guides from serebii & smogon so they might not work as well which ultimately is why we are different in team building. I would still like to battle u with a TR team but each with out modified versions.

Also, I just watched an ubers match on PS which took 103 turns ._.
    Last edited by Lord Fighting; 27th March 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Alright, haven't posted here in a while. I'll just go ahead and ask what your favorite kind of teams to use/make are.

Credit to Extroph

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerChris View Post
    Alright, haven't posted here in a while. I'll just go ahead and ask what your favorite kind of teams to use/make are.
    I usually like to make teams that are very offensive, and try to take out as many threats as possible. While doing so, I like to keep them balanced as well, because they aren't bulky. I try to do so by adding Pokemon that can switch into a weakness of the others, keeping a nice synergy on everyone as much as possible. Here are some of my favorite teams:

Memento Mori - Sandstorm Team

This team is also my RMT team, and my Creamery Command League playthrough team. The purpose of this team is to remain balanced while being strong enough to take down as many Pokemon as possible. As you can see, I have many hard hitting Pokemon, with Landorus-T reaching 427 Attack, and Kyurem-B reaching 400. I also have Keldeo as my Scarf, in case I need to outrun certain Pokemon. The rest of this team is very defensive though. Tyranitar is Specially Defensive, though it can lash out strong attacks as well. Tentacruel is to support Kyurem-B against Stealth Rock, and is also used for Toxic Stall. Bronzong is my only Steel type, and the only one stopping a Dragon type move, which is very necessary to avoid Moxie Mence, Banded Dragonites, etc.

Weaknesses: Trick Room, for one, is a major pain in the butt for this team, since my main backup Keldeo is regarded worthless against TR. Trick Room teams are also clogged with hard hitting Pokemon who has defensive investments as well, making it hard to take them out with a single blow. Another weakness to this team is Stall. Any kind of Stall, as long as it has good synergy, can tire out my team, because I need momentum to take them all

Major OU - Rain Team

This team utilizes many of the most used Over Used Pokemon of BW2 OU. It also probably sickens Epou once he sees it. This team's goal is to provide Rain for Rain abusers, while having the Pokemon needed to keep other weather summoners out. Garchomp is a threat to Ninetales and Tyranitar, Keldeo for Hippowdon and Tyranitar, Terrakion for Ninetales, and Jirachi for Tyranitar. However, it's so offensive that it lacks in defense.

Weaknesses: Anything that outspeeds these Pokemon can take it down. I have no Pokemon there that can take hits, and I rely on revenge kills to avoid taking unnecessary hits upon switches. Another major weakness is Stall, because I have no spinner, and the only one not affected by Spikes is greatly damaged by Stealth Rock.

Fallen Diva - Gimmick Team

I don't know where I got this team from, but I believe I modified it from an existing RMT :S Anyways, this team is my favorite team to use when someone asks me to TEST THEIR TEAM because, frankly, I don't want to possibly lose with a serious team against a team that's just being tested. But, seeing that most people who ask me for tests have already seen this team, the gimmick is kind of useless. Jynx is there to absorb the Water types, and to set up (with +6 boost on Special Attack, it can take down anything with an OHKO or a 2HKO). Skuntank is used to take down those Pokemon who like to set up. Gurdurr can take any Physical hits with one Bulk Up, and can also possibly sweep. Exeggutor doesn't do anything but give me momentum, and Rotom-S is there to outrun threats with its Scarf.

Weaknesses: Everything in this list

That concludes my share of my favorite teams, along with analysis as to why they're my favorites. Please do share yours, and it doesn't have to be in the same format as mine :]

Haven't posted in forever, but hey! I survived my trip to Costa Rica! I also splurged on video games and got the new mystery dungeon, the expansion for StarCraft II, and I will eventually get either Final Fantasy VIII or Final Fantasy IX on my brother's PS3. It sucks that I can only get one because he's in his freshman year of college (I'm a sophmore Woo! [a sophomore in high school but who cares!]) and once he becomes a sophomore he'll be able to take it with him back to campus so i won't have time to beat both. Has anyone played those games? Which one is better?

Anyway I'm going to start on a new fanfic project (sorry refreeze, I'm giving up on my current one) so if anyone wants to proofread my chapters in advance I would appreciate it.

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Name: AJ
    How Would you Contribute: By being me.
    PO Name / FC(List the Gen): Something with AJ
    GMT: PST
    Which Division: Kazan Shogunate

K ace i joined ur welcome

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

accepted, friend :^) ¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¬!`!¬!!``1321

Wow Ace, you're really building up this division, hey AJ! Welcome to the clan!

@Epic: Hopefully your next Fanfic does really good! I'd totally be willing to proofread them for you. Also I don't know if FF 8 or 9 is better because I've never played them but I'm sure someone else here knows which is better.

@Chris: I focus teams on the pokemon I like most, and then think about how I can use them in battle, I used a Ledian in my Soulsilver playthrough actually, it was crap on a stick for battles but I loved it, same goes for my Charizard. But I do always end up with at least one pokemon on my team like Gengar or Simisage, who ends up carrying everyone when things get really bad. (Goodness, the amount of battles I've won soley because of that Gengar is immeasurable) But one thing I always stick through on my teams is having a wide variety of types of Pokemo and moves so that I'm prepared for any pokemon that I have to fight, except Spiritomb, my only Pokemon that has managed to beat Cynthia's Spiritomb (in an equal level fight) in a 1v1 was my Gengar, it was probably the most epic and close battle I've ever had.

Anyways now that I've rattled on long enough about how much I love Gengar I should tell you guys that I finally uploaded the last two gyms in Black 2 and White 2. I recorded and edited these both at 1 in the morning, so if there's any mistakes don't feel bad about pointing it out to me. Also I'll be starting Emerald next so expect those to go up soon while I prepare for the Elite 4 in White 2.

Opelucid City Gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzjSTcMaKw
    Humilau City Gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnxxOZ3r_c

(If you're only gonna watch one I reccomend the Humilau City Gym because I felt a little more energetic recording that one and there's some comedy in it)

Credit goes to FairyWitch for the banner. Click the Banner for my X and Y walkthroughs. Dream Code for AC town is 5900-3931-5736

Hey thanks Freeze. I won't upload anything until it is entirely finished (which will be hard as I've planned 30 chapters) but I appreciate your support. Tell me when you get your fanfic up and I'll be there with equal support (but I warn you that I can be a bit critical...)

Also I went ahead and got Final Fantasy 8 instead of 9 because, although fans and critics alike preferred 9, I wanted something different following my recent completion of Final Fantasy 6.

Besides writing and getting the new mystery dungeon game (which I won't open until my spring break ends next Monday) I haven't been doing much in the ways of Pokémon, but if anyone wants a battle, vm me in advance and I'll see what I can/can't do (I can do wifi or PO)

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerChris View Post
    TRICK ROOM

@ Ex, where do you get the sprites for the pokemon from? I only know how to get the smiley version.

@Ninjask, I'll battle you for fun on PS if you want.

Bliz's condolences were deleted? Really now? That borders on uncool.

Anyway, on topic: my favorite teams are Trick Room and Stall. My new TR team is proving to be a lot of fun. I may offer to tutor in Trick Room and/or Stall over the summer.

My writing blog

what about bliz?

i would get back in competitive but it takes too much effort :c

Bliz's condolences were deleted? Really now? That borders on uncool.

Anyway, on topic: my favorite teams are Trick Room and Stall. My new TR team is proving to be a lot of fun. I may offer to tutor in Trick Room and/or Stall over the summer.
    Ah, you still owe me a game. Don't forget

═══════════════════░▒░══════════════════
    ════════════▒▒▒▓███████████▓▒═══════════
    ════════▒██████████▓▓▓▓██▓████▓═════════
    ══════▒███████▓█▓▓▓█▓█▓███▓▓▓███════════
    ═════▓███▓██▓▓████▓██▓█▓▓▓███▓██▒═══════
    ═════▓██▓███▓█▓████████▓▓█████▓██═══════
    ═════▒█████████▓▓▓███████████████▒══════
    ═════▒██████▓█████▒▒▒▒▒██████████▒══════
    ═════▒███████▓█▓█▒═════░▒▓█▓▓▒▒██▒══════
    ═════▒█████████▓█▓░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒██▒══════
    ═════▒████████████▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▒══════
    ═════▒██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▓█▒══════
    ═════▒███████▓███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓▒══════
    ═════▓█▒░░▓██▓█▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▒══════
    ═════▓█▒▒▒░▒███▒░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▓█████══════
    ═════██░▒██▒▒████▒░▓██████████████══════
    ═════▒█▒▒▒▓▒░▓█▓███████████▒▒█████══════
    ══════▒█═░░▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█▓██████░═████═══════
    ═▒▓███▓██░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▓▒░░▒██▒═══════
    ██████████▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒░░░═░█════════
    █████████▓▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░▒█════════
    ██████████▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓██▓▒█════════
    ▓▓█▓████▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓██═══════
    ██▓▒██▒░░▒▓▒▒▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▓███══════
    █▓▒█▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒█████═════
    ▓▓██░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓▓██████════
    ▓██▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓██▓▒▒▒░▒░▒█████▓██═══
    ▓▓█▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓██████▓▒▒▒▒█████▓▓██░══
    █▓█▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓████████▓▒████▓██▓██══
    ▓██▒░▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓████▓▒▒▒███▓▓█▓▓▓█══
    ▒██░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓███▓▓▒▒██▓█▓█▓▒█▓██░
    ▒█▒═░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒██▓▓▒█▒▒█▓▒▒▓█
    ▒█▓░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒░░██▒▓▒▓▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▒█▒═░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░═▒█▒▒▓▒▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    █▒█▒═░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒═░██▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ▓▓▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░═▒█▒▒██▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▓
    ▓█▒█▒═░░░░░░░░▒░░░═▒█▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▓▓
    ▓█▓▒▒═░░░░░▒░▒░░▒═▒█▒▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒▒█▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒
    ▓▓█▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒═░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓██▒▒▒▓▓█▓
    ▓▓▓▓█▒═░░░░▒▒▒▒═░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓███▒▓█▒▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▓█▓═░░▒▒░▒▒═░██▓▓▓▓▓████▒▓▓██▓▓██▓▓▓▓
    ▓▒▒▓▒█░░▒▒░▒░═▒█████████▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
    ▓█▓▓▓█▓═▒░▒░░██████████████▓████████████
    ▓█▓▓▓▒█░░▒═░██████▓█▓█▓█▓▓▓▒█▒▒▒▒▒██████

ace is a fuccboi

Quote Originally Posted by Epouvantail View Post
    ═══════════════════░▒░══════════════════
    ════════════▒▒▒▓███████████▓▒═══════════
    ════════▒██████████▓▓▓▓██▓████▓═════════
    ══════▒███████▓█▓▓▓█▓█▓███▓▓▓███════════
    ═════▓███▓██▓▓████▓██▓█▓▓▓███▓██▒═══════
    ═════▓██▓███▓█▓████████▓▓█████▓██═══════
    ═════▒█████████▓▓▓███████████████▒══════
    ═════▒██████▓█████▒▒▒▒▒██████████▒══════
    ═════▒███████▓█▓█▒═════░▒▓█▓▓▒▒██▒══════
    ═════▒█████████▓█▓░░▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒██▒══════
    ═════▒████████████▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓█▒══════
    ═════▒██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▓█▒══════
    ═════▒███████▓███▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓▒══════
    ═════▓█▒░░▓██▓█▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▒══════
    ═════▓█▒▒▒░▒███▒░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▓█████══════
    ═════██░▒██▒▒████▒░▓██████████████══════
    ═════▒█▒▒▒▓▒░▓█▓███████████▒▒█████══════
    ══════▒█═░░▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒█▓██████░═████═══════
    ═▒▓███▓██░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██████▓▒░░▒██▒═══════
    ██████████▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒░░░═░█════════
    █████████▓▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░▒█════════
    ██████████▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓██▓▒█════════
    ▓▓█▓████▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓██═══════
    ██▓▒██▒░░▒▓▒▒▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▓███══════
    █▓▒█▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒█████═════
    ▓▓██░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓▓██████════
    ▓██▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓██▓▒▒▒░▒░▒█████▓██═══
    ▓▓█▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓▓██████▓▒▒▒▒█████▓▓██░══
    █▓█▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓████████▓▒████▓██▓██══
    ▓██▒░▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓████▓▒▒▒███▓▓█▓▓▓█══
    ▒██░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓███▓▓▒▒██▓█▓█▓▒█▓██░
    ▒█▒═░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒██▓▓▒█▒▒█▓▒▒▓█
    ▒█▓░░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒░░██▒▓▒▓▒▒█▓▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▒█▒═░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░═▒█▒▒▓▒▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    █▒█▒═░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒═░██▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ▓▓▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░═▒█▒▒██▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▓
    ▓█▒█▒═░░░░░░░░▒░░░═▒█▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▓▓
    ▓█▓▒▒═░░░░░▒░▒░░▒═▒█▒▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒▒█▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒
    ▓▓█▓▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒═░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓██▒▒▒▓▓█▓
    ▓▓▓▓█▒═░░░░▒▒▒▒═░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓███▒▓█▒▒▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒
    ▓▓▒▓█▓═░░▒▒░▒▒═░██▓▓▓▓▓████▒▓▓██▓▓██▓▓▓▓
    ▓▒▒▓▒█░░▒▒░▒░═▒█████████▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
    ▓█▓▓▓█▓═▒░▒░░██████████████▓████████████
    ▓█▓▓▓▒█░░▒═░██████▓█▓█▓█▓▓▓▒█▒▒▒▒▒██████
    What was the point of that? (looks good btw)

So I was off school last week for spring break, off the week prior for my trip, so tomorrow will be my first day in some time. I hope I caught up... Anyhow, to mark the return I'm going to make a wifi/battle subway team that follows the theme of having only "evil" Pokémon (not Meowth, please NOT HIM!) So any ideas guys? Oh, and what will the next tourney be?

One more thing... My parents got me the first part of the original Pokémon anime series for valentine's day and I started watching it today. Just got past the battle with Brock. That anime is just too childishly stupid that it is hilarious! I forgot why I was such an early bird when I was a child but it was to watch Pokémon! Dang... Good times...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Spoiler:- Happy Easter!:

And yeah, definitely, LF.

My writing blog

Quote Originally Posted by epicninjask123 View Post
    What was the point of that? (looks good btw)

So I was off school last week for spring break, off the week prior for my trip, so tomorrow will be my first day in some time. I hope I caught up... Anyhow, to mark the return I'm going to make a wifi/battle subway team that follows the theme of having only "evil" Pokémon (not Meowth, please NOT HIM!) So any ideas guys? Oh, and what will the next tourney be?

One more thing... My parents got me the first part of the original Pokémon anime series for valentine's day and I started watching it today. Just got past the battle with Brock. That anime is just too childishly stupid that it is hilarious! I forgot why I was such an early bird when I was a child but it was to watch Pokémon! Dang... Good times...
    Use dark type Pokemon O: Especially ESPECIALLY Skuntank because he farts and doesn't say excuse me.

And Alby hasn't chosen a theme yet, so I dont know :S:S:S:S

PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post

brown buddy!
    The only thing I would change is making Lonely nature to Lonely so HP Ice is more powerful.]
    " I don't swim, water just wants to be around me."

-Chuck Norris

Omg guys, new Pokemon to be announced next week! And did you guys check out the Pokemonshowdown sprites prank yet?

PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Extroph View Post
    Omg guys, new Pokemon to be announced next week! And did you guys check out the Pokemonshowdown sprites prank yet?
    The what now?

Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast