Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1501

Thread: Age of Shoguns

Thanks Azu, I really enjoy what I do in my free time, especially what I do in the guild, before I joined the guild and took part in D&D my life was so boring with nothing to do, luckily I've somehow managed to hold all of this together without it crashing until 2 weeks before school ends, so I personally think that means I'm doing pretty good.

Once summer comes though, I'll explode into a wide array of activity, I've set my eyes on partaking in a Competitive League and getting a Diamond Gym Leaders and Legendaries walkthrough started as well, not to mention the progress I'll make on Emerald and BW2. Unfortunately before I can do that I need to get through 14 more days of school

Credit goes to FairyWitch for the banner. Click the Banner for my X and Y walkthroughs. Dream Code for AC town is 5900-3931-5736

Uhm, healer? I thought I told you that there aren't any special powers. The main character only has technology, not powers, and only because he's a Time Lord. The companions are regular humans. All I need is a description of your character's appearance and personality, and a list of places you want your character to visit (that aren't in another fandom, so no Pokemon places). Anywhere in time or space.

Edit: you can always have your character be a med school student or otherwise trained in medicine, but no magical healing abilities.

Edit 2: Sorry that sounded short, I was on my phone. At any rate, my point still stands, companions are all human, almost exclusively from earth and from the time of writing (so, 2013 for you), with some exceptions in the Classic series (the one that ran from the 60s to the 80s). If you want to be from a different era, let me know and I'll make it happen. A bit of background on the show and my project might give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Doctor Who is a series that focuses on the journey of a Time Lord called The Doctor (it's common for Time Lords to take nicknames to hide their real names) who travels throughout time and space using a ship called the TARDIS. He usually takes a human companion with him. Time Lords regenerate when they're about to die, changing their physical appearance, but are only supposed to be able to do it 12 times (13 incarnations). Between his 8th and 9th incarnation, The Doctor sealed the homeworld of the Time Lords into a pocket to stop an ongoing war that was causing severe collateral damage, with presumably all of the other Time Lords on the planet (save for one that was insane and became a problem in the later series). That's where my story comes in. My character, the Author, is a made-up Time Lord who I'm going to write as having been presumed dead, and thus not accounted for when the Doctor sealed Gallifrey. Like the Doctor, the Author will travel with human companions, which is where you come in.

And also, I want to make it known that this is a guild project. Refreeze will be my first companion, but since the Doctor is known to switch companions for various reasons (admittedly only one companion in the revised series [the Doctor's 9th through 11th incarnations] left willingly [won't spoil what happened to the others, but the Doctor didn't want them to go, and they didn't want to go either, I'll leave it at that]), I'll be doing the same. So anyone in the guild can send me a character profile and a list of places in time and/or space they'd like to visit. Also, if you want, you can invent a planet, so long as it's logical and doesn't violate Doctor Who canon. So feel free to PM me. It'll be based on a first-come, first-serve basis, but you will get a chance to have your character explore time and space in the hands of an admittedly in-need-of-improvement writer. It won't be chaptered as much as episodic, like the show. There will be over-arching themes and stories, but each "chapter" will essentially be standalone. While I will do my best to incorporate your suggestions, I will add a few ideas of my own.

Let's have some fun with this, guys <3
    Last edited by MooseSmuggler; 31st May 2013 at 3:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblr User Godiscobalt
    “A good writer with a sad idea and a malicious side is a person to fear.”
    My writing blog

Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Oh dear, we seem to have been confused or something, I was talking about the thing with Ex remember? I think Kenji was some sort of shadow ninja, Ex could blow himself up at anytime he wanted like Choutzu, and Alby was the tank. I honestly don't remember too well as to who was who, but I joined so that Ex and co. would have a healer and I thought you joined because you wanted to be a doctor and asked if our character backgrounds could merge. There is obviously some sort of mess up that happened here =/

Credit goes to FairyWitch for the banner. Click the Banner for my X and Y walkthroughs. Dream Code for AC town is 5900-3931-5736

Ohhhhhhh, I see where the confusion came in. As a joke, I used a Time Lord personality as my character for that (I did one of those silly Facebook things, which I don't usually), and said that as a Time Lord, I'd need a companion, and you piped up. If you want, we can obviously go forward with your character being a medical professional (the Doctor traveled with one, so why can't the Author?), and maybe we can have it to where he gets his hands on healing technology on his journey (the Sontarans, despite being militant, have access to healing technology beyond what we have now...or at least Strax does). So give me what you have, and I'll make it DW canon with as few changes as possible.

My writing blog

Hey as much as I appreciate fanfics in our guild, please do stay on topic with Pokemon :]

Also, idek what happened to our AA war, but that's fine if they don't look for battles, they ARE down 2-0

3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Extroph View Post
    Hey as much as I appreciate fanfics in our guild, please do stay on topic with Pokemon :]

Also, idek what happened to our AA war, but that's fine if they don't look for battles, they ARE down 2-0
    they're afraid of our awesome pokemon masterness.
    The only thing I would change is making Lonely nature to Lonely so HP Ice is more powerful.]
    " I don't swim, water just wants to be around me."

-Chuck Norris

Meh I hate to say this But I am leaving this clan. Its not you, its me.
    It may seem like its coming out of the blue, but if you would like to know the reason just ask me.

I would like to thanks you people who were cool...
    The leaders, Ex, Chris and Ace
    And thanks to all the members, which I wish I were to get closer to.
    Maybe you will see me here again eventually... Because this clan is going to be around for a while.
    Last edited by Turpoo; 2nd June 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboPieFire View Post
    Meh I hate to say this But I am leaving this clan. Its not you, its me.
    It may seem like its coming out of the blue, but if you would like to know the reason just ask me.

I would like to thanks you people who were cool...
    The leaders, Ex, Chris and Ace
    And thanks to all the members, which I wish I were to get closer to.
    Maybe you will see me here again eventually... Because this clan is going to be around for a while.
    See you and good luck Turbo!

PASBL

oh, one suggestion for the adaption center, can people message the owners, so we know that someone wants the spare mon?
    Double battles

I was told by a certain member that I wasn't posting enough. So I haven't been battling in a while, what's new in the competitive world?
    Last edited by TrainerChris; 3rd June 2013 at 4:51 AM.

Credit to Extroph

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerChris View Post
    I was told by a certain member that I was posting enough. So I haven't been battling in a while, what's new in the competitive world?
    It was actually said that you weren't posting enough, not was, anyways what do you guys think about the Official Pokemon Tournament Rules? I'm asking for no specific reason whatsoever (Chew)

Quote Originally Posted by RefreezePR View Post
    It was actually said that you weren't posting enough, not was, anyways what do you guys think about the Official Pokemon Tournament Rules? I'm asking for no specific reason whatsoever (Chew)
    Fixed it :]. Also what Official Pokemon Tournament?

Credit to Extroph

I was just talking about the rules here http://assets2.pokemon.com/assets/cm...nd_Formats.pdf, if you guys were to make any changes what would they be? Or would you guys be ok with these rules if you ever (hypothetically) did battles like these?

#page 69 of pokemon swagger!!!!!!!
    The only thing I would change is making Lonely nature to Lonely so HP Ice is more powerful.]
    " I don't swim, water just wants to be around me."

-Chuck Norris

Wow looks like I'm not the only one super busy at this time, that's no excuse for a dead thread though guys. Again I'd really love it if you read these rules http://assets2.pokemon.com/assets/cm...nd_Formats.pdf and told me what you thought about them including any changes you'd make and whether or not you'd be cool with using them. This is part of my second project I had in mind for the guild and I'd really like it if you could all help me out please .

Wow looks like I'm not the only one super busy at this time, that's no excuse for a dead thread though guys. Again I'd really love it if you read these rules http://assets2.pokemon.com/assets/cm...nd_Formats.pdf and told me what you thought about them including any changes you'd make and whether or not you'd be cool with using them. This is part of my second project I had in mind for the guild and I'd really like it if you could all help me out please .
    Its not that I'm super busy, more like I'm super preoccupied with other interests. Long story short I've been hooked on other RPG games (Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy 12 to name a few...) so I've been neglecting my Pokemon. Hehe. Sorry!

As for the rules, I would extend the time limit of the games and possibly eliminated the tie-breaker/sudden death rounds. That's all I feel would be necessary.

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

I would remove the ban for Sky drop, but otherwise, it's good
    Double battles

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixShad0w13 View Post
    I would remove the ban for Sky drop, but otherwise, it's good
    It's disabled on WiFi because there's a glitch involving Sky Drop and Gravity. The game won't let you into a WiFi room if you have a Sky Dropper on your team. Unless they fixed that, but I highly doubt it.

And this is to be conducted over WiFi, not PO, iirc.

My writing blog

Quote Originally Posted by MooseSmuggler View Post
    It's disabled on WiFi because there's a glitch involving Sky Drop and Gravity. The game won't let you into a WiFi room if you have a Sky Dropper on your team. Unless they fixed that, but I highly doubt it.

And this is to be conducted over WiFi, not PO, iirc.

which i think is stupid. Why ban just sky drop, and not gravity? If they can monitor one move, they can ban the combo instead. Shouldn't be that hard.
    Double battles

Gravity is actually used as a team strategy, Sky Drop isn't. And by only disabling one, they fixed the problem. Sky Drop is useless anyway other than holding an opponent for a turn.

My writing blog

Gravity can be cruel, but not like illegal. And since Sky drop is announced as illegal move by any corner I have to agree with Gravity being legit.

I just wanted to let you guys now that I have an problem with the XAT of the clan, idk why but I cannot seem to login properly anymore..
    I can see who is online however, but i cannot see any messages and even if i try to send them, they are not aired.

Thats what causes my inactivity there, any tips for this problem?
    Any would be welcome

Spoiler:- LOL:

*been seeing my design everywhere nowadays*

Anyways, I've been busy cuz of graduation and all that. But we're almost done with AA's war and hopefully we can war TBC soon enough.

PASBL

Hey guys! So Ex gave me the all green and we're officially holding the vote for the Wi-Fi rules as to whether the official in-guild rules will be Smogon or the modified VGC rules where we'll just be extending the time limit and removing the Tiebreaker/Sudden death matches (By Tiebreaker I don't mean the third game of a match I mean when when you run out of time and a tie occurs).

For those of you that don't know either or just one of them I'll explain the tradeoffs to both sides real quick.

The VGC rules make it easier for people to make their teams and have them by banning legendaries and focusing on Pokemon that can be bred. Also once school is over for everyone we'll be holding the second part of the project which is to make sure has the Pokemon they need to have a full Wi-Fi team so this rule set will make the process much faster and easier since we don't have to worry about getting tons of RNGd legendaries for everyone (especially the roaming ones, those are jerks). And using this rule set will also prepare everyone for the official Wi-Fi tournaments so they can all participate. The bad trade off is that we use Smogon rules when we war other Guilds in Wi-Fi so if you want to have a Wi-Fi team for the War team you'll have to have two different teams you'll have to make and keep updated as well as having to get your own legendaries.

The Smogon rules are probably the ones most people are used to and the ones that the War Team uses. So its positives are pretty clear, more people understand the Single-OU battles in Smogon than the Double Battles where anything not legendary is allowed (even the non-uber legendaries are banned like Phione, Victini, etc.). The bad tradeoffs are pretty much that we can't ensure people will get the legendaries they'll need in a quick fashion so it might take a while because there aren't any RNGers in our guild and we'll have to go out to Tradeshops and such to try to see if we can find them.

Also I'll announce what the second part of the project is since I referenced it several times within explaining the rules, essentially we'll be getting all of the breeders in our guild together and having every one post what Pokemon they need for their teams. I'm assuming we'll be paying the breeders in points and coins for every Pokemon they finish and we'll probably help out with items and EVs too but those are details I'll iron out with Ex and the other leaders later. Also as a note you won't have to pay coins for the Pokemon being breed since we want to ensure that as many people as possible will be using Wi-Fi at the end of this project. The coins and points will just poof out of the sky for the breeders when they finish each Pokemon.

Alright get those votes started! Also if you feel like posting your reasoning behind what you voted for that's cool, since adding more to the table will help improve the guild :]

I vote Smogon because there's a reason why we use it for battle simulators :]

PASBL

Okay, I vote Smogon for standard use. However, I'm all for a VGC tourney, so long as it stays doubles.

My writing blog

Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast