Thread: Link Trades

Default Link Trades

I am trying to connect Sapphire and Emerald through two Game Boy SPs with a link cable, and after talking and saving both games are stuck at

"Please wait. ... ... B Button: Cancel"

What might I be doing wrong here?

Using the wrong link cable, perhaps?

It's possible you're using a Game Boy/Game Boy Color cable, which looks similar to an Advance link cable and will fit in the link port of the latter, but won't work when trading between two Advance games. In this late era, where such products are secondhand and might not be labeled as they were originally, it's an easy mistake to make.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Oh ok that must be the problem. I assume the GBA link cable would use the same sized input then? Do you have any ideas for where I would be able to acquire one that would work?

Some game store that sells vintage games might. These stores tend to have SNES, SEGA, and such. If any in your area, take a look.

EB Gamestop would not carry. This product became 'discontinued', but can still be found if willing to look. Internet is another source as there are sites outside ebay and amazon where people/collectors go. I use kijiji and freecycle, for example.
    Unique DWF's owned: 77
    --
    dex status if i played my games to fullest? 4th gen legit but for not being a gen4 arceus owner; 5th gen missing Meloetta, full otherwise (Celebi, Mew, Shaymin would need transfer eventually)

Proud to NOT be a legend trader

Ok thanks, I'll look around for it then.