Thread: My little nightmares

Default My little nightmares

Just a team I've been keeping in mind. Basically, I'm looking to use this team in general game-play, also hopefully competitively.

My only testing with this team is Tyranitar in general gameplay (hand raising one from egg in Black 2 (currently 72 as of initial posting) haven't got the EV's but I have a Jolly Speed and Attack EV'd Tyranitar, and he's just amazing) and as well as this, I've tested my team in Pokemon online, it seemed to fair rather well, though, I used Salamence and Zapdos in place of Zoroark and Arcanine. If you want to know what I was using, then I will happily link them in comments bellow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranitar (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide / Stone edge (1v1 battles)
    - Fire Punch
    - Dragon Dance

Main reason for this team, just love the power and I think he's awesome. I don't intend on replacing this guy.

Zoroark (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Extrasensory
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Nasty Plot

Saw this guy was a "rare" of sorts when the movie was first mentioned for him and Zorua. Also found that this guy was Darktyped, learned shortly after that it could get Extrasensory as a breeding move, thought it was great as a great counter for Tyranitar's weakness, also means I have a Special Attacker.

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Rapid Spin
    - Shell Smash

Just a nasty destroyer after 1 Shell Smash but given the sleep, I may actually use 2 Smashes to REALLY amp up the damage. And making most feint in 1 shot, even Blissey shouldn't stand a chance.

Arcanine (M) @ Razor Fang
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Wild Charge
    - Agility

Always wanted to use this guy, just never really tried him out. I'm happy to listen to ideas on what this guy can do for me, if you have a better idea, I'm listening. I chose Flare Blitz for STAB, Close Combat for Fighting type, Wild Charge for Electric type, and because I couldn't find a better type I didn't have, Agility to allow Arcanine to finish off others faster than opponents, though I've considered, Extreme Speed for a priority kill, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it or not.

Breloom (M) @ Big Root
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance

This guy is my offensive Leader, also, as you will notice, my sleeper agent. Main point of this guy, spore, swords dance, drain drain drain, finish with Mach Punch, but not much will stand a chance after 3 swords dances. I chose speed over attack merely because I would rather have bonus speed to get spore off first, and if I can get 1-2 SD off, it'll hurt like hell. I chose Big Root because of Drain Punch, just helps with surviving that much easier.

Amoonguss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Protect
    - Rage Powder

My defensive Leader, again sleeper agent. I shoved in Rage powder to allow it to let others setup a boosting ability (DD/NP/Agility/SD). It also helps Breloom get off a spore. I picked this EV spread to allow for as much damage soaking as possible. With Protect, I'm considering Leech Seed, or Ingrain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, this is basically my sleeper team. essentially, it's sleep, boost wipe... New target. Tyranitar and Zoroark are my prefered 2v2 slaughterers, but it does come down to who I'm facing.

This team isn't aimed at hitting first or second, would be nice, but I just want to do well enough. Would like your input, let me know if you have some ideas.
    LOOKING FOR:

Spoiler:- :

Gen 6 Living National Dex completed: 27/07/2014
    My FC: 1719 3309 4041 - Evil Elf - Type Ice: Lapras, Delibird, Beartic
    Partners FC: 0946 2394 1299 - Caz - Type Poison: Gloom, Garbodor, Whirlipede

its a good team, but it has a few flaws. cloyster, zoroark and ttar are all weak against fighting. and breloom and amoongus share the same weaknesses too pretty much. i'd say have a ghost pokemon in your team to counteract the fighting weakness.
    <- I can never thank you guys enough for helping me finally beat the batte subway. Follow your dreams and pursue them, no matter how long it takes

maybe jellicent would be a good addition?

I'd replace cloyster for this guy for the sole facts that I've never used cloyster on b/w (so I don't know how it fares), zoroark is cool and t-tar is cool and effective.

Who am I now?

Quote Originally Posted by freddiethegarchomp View Post
    its a good team, but it has a few flaws. cloyster, zoroark and ttar are all weak against fighting. and breloom and amoongus share the same weaknesses too pretty much. i'd say have a ghost pokemon in your team to counteract the fighting weakness.
    As long as the Pokemon work well together in a team, it doesn't matter how many Pokemon are weak to a certain type.

@ OP: Use Choice Band over Focus Sash. He is bulky enough to survive a few hits. Also, use a set of Pursuit/Crunch/Superpower/Stone Edge. Pursuit to punish fleeing Psychic types. Trust me, it is worth a slot.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

For Arcanine
    Use Extream Speed instead of Agility for a Speed Priority Move. Use Life Orb instead of Razor Fang to gain Arcanine Attack by 1.3.

@ FreddieTheGarchomp

Thanks for the heads up, but the Fighting weakness is clearly known, my Tyranitar has seen to my knowledge of this... I've seen enough almost 1 hit KO fighting/bug attacks to know about it. Main reason I'm using Amoongus and Breloom, my 2 sleepers, counters all weaknesses almost completely. Unless they wake up early >_<

@Bloodnmetal

Jellicent was one of my choices... My original team was Jellicent, changed to Electric Rotom, then finally changed to Zapdos... I mean, I do still like Zapdos, but I can't get a near flawless Modest - Zapdos with HP Grass.

----------------------------------------
    Zapdos @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Tailwind
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    ----------------------------------------

That has been my best slotter, but Zoroark seems to fit in nicely in place of Zapdos. Jellicent was great, but I've only ever had luck with Water types through single player as in raise 1 pokemon wipe out league entirely >_> Like that's hard to do though. But Max HP Water Spout is nasty.

As far as Cloyster fares, I've not had any problems at all, hell, even investing in a 3rd/4th Shell Smash makes anything fodder to his mighty Icicle Spear/Rock Blast So long as you use Skill Link.

@azeem40

Thanks for the Pursuit advice, but I always seem to use it at the wrong time. As for that move set, people keep suggesting it, but it never works for me. Stone edge in a 1v1 is alright, but flinch plus hitting both enemies and having a better hit chance from Rock Slide... Just seeing more benefits from Rock Slide in 2v2. Super Power, it's great, but who am I going to use it against? Another Tyranitar? I have Breloom and Amoongus both Grass and Breloom is also Fighting. I use Fire Punch mainly because of Metagross, Bronzong and Skarmory >_> 3 threats, 3 steels with resistances to fighting... Also, common threats for me. As far as coming across Psychic types, rarely do I stumble into them.

As far as Focus Sash v Choice Band... I preffer Focus Sash because of being able to use Dragon Dance before he dies from 1 hit... Faster and Harder Tyranitar with freedom of move choice = Destruction, allowing him to destroy mountains like his Bio says he does with he's angry. Choice band is nice though, I do like using it... But the draw back of being locked into 1 move isn't appealing to me.

@chap196

Thanks for the confirm of ExtremeSpeed, will use that now in place of Agility.

I've considered using Life orb, will give it a shot... I just like Flinch / Higher Crit % quite a lot.
    Last edited by Evil Elf; 20th January 2013 at 1:57 PM.
    LOOKING FOR:

Spoiler:- :

Gen 6 Living National Dex completed: 27/07/2014
    My FC: 1719 3309 4041 - Evil Elf - Type Ice: Lapras, Delibird, Beartic
    Partners FC: 0946 2394 1299 - Caz - Type Poison: Gloom, Garbodor, Whirlipede