Thread: Doubles Team -> Please Help!

Default Doubles Team -> Please Help!

Hey, today I've only just managed to complete the super single line, so i'm now moving onto the doubles. I have two pokemon who I am going to use:

Metagross - Muscle Band
    Adamant
    156 HP/252 ATT/104 Speed
    -Explosion
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Agility/Ice Punch

Metagross has max attack for obvious reasons and 104 speed ev's to give him 202 speed, which im pretty sure makes him faster than a lot of non-speed ev'd pokemon.

Gengar - Life Orb
    Timid
    252 Sp. ATT/ 252 Speed
    -Explosion
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

My strategy is to use Metagross' EQ to take the opponents team down primarily, with both being able to explode and deal a lot of damage if need-be, or if their health is low anyway. If you would change this team to make it better, please reply and let me know.

My main question though is what other two pokemon should I use to cover? I'm thinking of a levitator and a rock type to soak up EQ and explosion, but im not sure what. Please can someone help me?

p.s if this is not the right place to be posting this, please tell me where I can post it to get help.

For Metagross
    Use Ice Punch instead of Explosion and keep Agility.

For Gengar
    Gengar doesn't have much Attack, so don't use Explosion, use Energy Ball instead if you want it to be a Special Attacker.

Explosion lost its touch with the nerf it got in 5th Gen, so refrain from using it.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Thnak you for the advice, i will tyr that! Btw, what actually happened with explosion, I don't understand it.
    Also, what pokemon should I use as suppost. Dont worry about stating the moveset, I just want to know what pokemon would be good to pair them up with.
    Thanks
    <- I can never thank you guys enough for helping me finally beat the batte subway. Follow your dreams and pursue them, no matter how long it takes