View Poll Results: Which of these two would you pick?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have a final season of pokemon with my favorite character starring on it.

13 34.21%
  • Have the anime continue for as long as possible for many generations.

25 65.79%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Choice between continuing the anime or a final season with your favorite character

As said by Pokemon fan 123,a many fans out there,still stick to the show in hopes of their character returning.
    I would like the Anime to end with my favourite character returning to the arc and leaving back sweet memories.I see it pointless to continue the Anime with no true intentions of development.

I don't know what to say, but if there's one thing, if there are many more generations to come, I don't think Ash will continue in one of the future gens. He might have to let a new character take his place. But he will still be remembered by Nintendo and Gamefreak and the writers and he & his friends will make some guest appearance like challenging the new heroes.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

In the real world (not the wishes of the fans), Ash is just a mascot for the Pokemon franchise. No point in getting rid of mascot as long as they continue making money with it. They don't abandon these types of characters easily.

I personally expect the show to continue like this with Ash for a long time. The only way Ash is gone soon is if his Japanese voice actress retires early or is unable to voice him anymore. Unlike the American dubs, a VA like Rika Matsumoto is too beloved by the fans and company there to have anyone just replace her. It would be the end of Ash as a character.

We would also get hints from the games if the Pokemon franchise will undergo a radical change. If that's the case then I expect a new Pokemon series (starting another main character) replace the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    In the real world (not the wishes of the fans), Ash is just a mascot for the Pokemon franchise. No point in getting rid of mascot as long as they continue making money with it. They don't abandon these types of characters easily.

I personally expect the show to continue like this with Ash for a long time. The only way Ash is gone soon is if his Japanese voice actress retires early or is unable to voice him anymore. Unlike the American dubs, a VA like Rika Matsumoto is too beloved by the fans and company there to have anyone just replace her. It would be the end of Ash as a character.

We would also get hints from the games if the Pokemon franchise will undergo a radical change. If that's the case then I expect a new Pokemon series (starting another main character) replace the current one.
    No he isn't, Pikachu is the mascot. The anime isn't called, "The adventures of Ash," its called, "Pokemon."

As the writers are finally phasing out all the original series characters like Misty/Brock/Gary/Team Rocket....its only a matter of time before Ash is finally wrapped up and they do a real reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No he isn't, Pikachu is the mascot. The anime isn't called, "The adventures of Ash," its called, "Pokemon."
    No matter how you look at it. The Pokémon anime is still about Ash and his journey with his Pikachu.

Just because the show is about Pokémon doesn't mean it isn't about a specific human character.

I mean how many shows have titles that have little to do with the actual concept.

Dragon ball for example, where the dragon balls rarely get a lot of attention (if the plot doesn't call for them), and it's primarily about Goku and friends fighting evil.

Dragon ball is probably more about Sayians (or at least one specific one) than it is about the dragon balls.

The difference here is clearly the Pokémon have more relevancy than the dragon balls did.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Ash is still a mascot. He is not the main one for the whole franchise, but along with Pikachu he is one for the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No matter how you look at it. The Pokémon anime is still about Ash and his journey with his Pikachu.

Just because the show is about Pokémon doesn't mean it isn't about a specific human character.
    For now it is, just like previous series you could have said Misty/Brock/May/Dawn were major characters for their respective gens. But in Japan each new saga is considered a new series, and can technically have an all new cast.

We're getting to the point where almost all older characters have been phased out of the anime aside from Ash/Pikachu. Best Wishes was an experiment at a reboot, and this is probably the end for Team Rocket.

Eventually they're just going to try an all-new cast at some point where either Ash will make cameos or won't appear at all. Its easy to imagine a different type of Pikachu with another main character, we've seen it like May and Dawn had the same Pokemon as Ash, etc.

For now it is, just like previous series you could have said Misty/Brock/May/Dawn were major characters for their respective gens. But in Japan each new saga is considered a new series, and can technically have an all new cast.

We're getting to the point where almost all older characters have been phased out of the anime aside from Ash/Pikachu. Best Wishes was an experiment at a reboot, and this is probably the end for Team Rocket.

Eventually they're just going to try an all-new cast at some point where either Ash will make cameos or won't appear at all. Its easy to
    imagine a different type of Pikachu with another main character, we've seen it like May and Dawn had the same Pokemon as Ash, etc.
    I'm betting you are 100% right. I'm actually looking forward to the day Ash and TRio leave. Honestly a new main char and villains would start the show afresh and renew interest in the Pokemon anime for many people. For example, the BW2 trailer released for the games seems like a much better route to take the series. Whatever the case, BW is probably the end for TRio and a welcome one if so IMO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Well obviuously I'm going to choose the only option that's likely to happen

continue with Ash, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I'm betting you are 100% right. I'm actually looking forward to the day Ash and TRio leave. Honestly a new main char and villains would start the show afresh and renew interest in the Pokemon anime for many people. For example, the BW2 trailer released for the games seems like a much better route to take the series. Whatever the case, BW is probably the end for TRio and a welcome one if so IMO.
    Agreed. If TR are done for good at the end of BW, I can see Ash himself lasting for maybe one more gen at the most.

If Iris/Cilan both leave as well when BW ends, which is very possible, then Ash himself going with two more new travel companions would seem a bit odd, and it would make you wonder why they don't just start over altogether.

Ash is essentially a poor anime version of Red from the games. There were many versions of him throughout the Pokemon universe, the mangas, remakes, and other video games. Being connected to the original concept of Pokemon makes him very important. Even if this Ash is gone for good from the anime we will end up getting a clone basically, who also has a Pikachu instead of someone completely different. There will be many people who will whine about this, but the money making capacity of the franchise cant be compromised due to a some fans wanting their ideal version of a cool trainer being the main character on the show.

I just wonder what it would look like if they did something unexpected with Ash and TR, something that would give the people who are sick of them a real treat. Something so innovative that it would rock their world and create a "wow" factor. I think that would be so much more satisfying than handling the situation the way people expect them to.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I disagree, Misty Brock, May and Dawn were vital characters for the series, but their series didn't revolve around them, it revolved around Ash. Ash's league or goal (like battle frontier) has always been the biggest climax of the series.

If Dawn's Grand Festival occurred AFTER Ash's league then you might have a point.

But who is THE main character of Pokémon? Of humans, it's Ash.

He started with the anime, it was him not Pikachu that everyone saw. Pokémon should end with him.

That's because the series didn't revolve around Misty, Brock, or Team Rocket.

It's always focused on Ash. Even DP, which almost shared with Dawn it still was about Ash. Just like how Unova again focused it solely on Ash.

Ash is THE main character of the anime. Not just a main character that can be replaced.

IT MAKES NO FREAKING SENSE to replace Ash, because Ash represents the fandom. When a new generation comes out, does someone else play the game, and your satisfied with the previous generation, maybe but not if a hardcore fan. It's going to you playing that new generation of Pokémon with just a different avatar.

I get that Ash is tiring, I know you want some conclusion, but I'd rather Ash keep catching brand new Pokémon, generation after generation because starting brand new doesn't make any sense. Replacing Ash doesn't make any sense.

It's not going to be the Pokémon anime any longer, at most it's just going to some side anime.

See with other series, they can pull it off, because they can rip the main characters and shove new ones in.

Pokémon has been going on for how long? At least 15 years. You don't just up and change the main character of an animated cartoon after 15 years.

Because you're going to alienate every single Pokémon fan. It's not smart at all. Only when the ratings become so dangerously low to close to cancellation, is the only time they can change.

Why replace when Ash still works? Ash is still bringing a lot of money for the Pokémon Company, TV-Tokyo, etc, etc.

Why?

Again it makes no sense.

Eventually they're just going to try an all-new cast at some point where either Ash will make cameos or won't appear at all. Its easy to imagine a different type of Pikachu with another main character, we've seen it like May and Dawn had the same Pokemon as Ash, etc.
    Again it won't work, maybe in the future they will try that, but it will have to rely SOLELY on specials, and how people respond to them.

They aren't just going to replace Ash all of sudden without any warning with brand new characters.

It just isn't going to work. And I don't see anyone stupid enough to try.

Ash along with HIS Pikachu is the face of the anime. You may not like it, a lot of old fans may not like it, but it works. Because the children who watch this show. It works for them.

So it comes, to why does your opinion on Ash being replaced matter? If all the children in Japan said Ash needs to be replaced, then it will happen. If children are fine with Ash staying, then Ash isn't leaving.

Pokémon is not catered around you, me or anyone else but the children of Japan.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Ash along with HIS Pikachu is the face of the anime. You may not like it, a lot of old fans may not like it, but it works. Because the children who watch this show. It works for them.
    It doesn't have to be Ash's Pikachu. There's a different Pikachu in those Mystery Dungeon shorts yet they act like its the "main" Pikachu with little to no difference.

And they don't have to have the new lead with a Pikachu as his starter, it'll probably be written in a different way that the Pikachu tags along later on or something like that.

It doesn't have to be Ash's Pikachu. There's a different Pikachu in those Mystery Dungeon shorts yet they act like its the "main" Pikachu with little to no difference.

And they don't have to have the new lead with a Pikachu as his starter, it'll probably be written in a different way that the Pikachu tags along later on or something like that.
    You just want ash to leave so you can stop watching the show.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

PMD /=/ Main Anime

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    You just want ash to leave so you can stop watching the show.
    This. Cyber just wants Ash gone so he can quit the show.

I have to agree with dman. It all started with Ash and Pikachu and it should end that way. I thought the concept of the anime is Ash's and Pikachu's journey in the world of Pokemon.

Thinking about the anime dropping Ash makes me think about the end of the very first episode. Ash seeing Ho-Oh flying over the rainbow, picking up Pikachu and walking while the narrator says the little bit hyping up Ash's journey...I don't want that or all of Ash's development to be for nothing. He deserves a grand finale, and a part of his finale is his journey.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

The anime is going to go on as long as the games do. Pokemon will go on forever, look at Mario and Zelda which celebrated their 25th anniversaries a year ago.

Ash isn't going to be around for the next 50+ years. The series is about Pokemon, which allows them to substitute new characters for old ones. I bet if we were having this conversation back in 2001 people would claim Misty and Brock would never leave after the failure of Tracey. Flash forward 10 years and they're long gone.

The anime is going to go on as long as the games do. Pokemon will go on forever, look at Mario and Zelda which celebrated their 25th anniversaries a year ago.

Ash isn't going to be around for the next 50+ years. The series is about Pokemon, which allows them to substitute new characters for old ones. I bet if we were having this conversation back in 2001 people would claim Misty and Brock would never leave after the failure of Tracey. Flash forward 10 years and they're long gone.
    Misty and brock were never the main characters, ash is the only actual main character on pokemon, and getting rid of him would not only hurt the ratings "ash's pikachu is mega popular" but there would be a huge public backlash, not only on the internet but in general.

You cant just re-create another pikachu, it's not going to work.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

[I]Misty and brock were never the main characters, ash is the only actual main character on pokemon, and getting rid of him would not only hurt the ratings "ash's pikachu is mega popular" but there would be a huge public backlash, not only on the internet but in general.
    No there wouldn't. Older fans are out of the target audience and younger fans grow up with newer characters like Iris and Cilan. It doesn't matter who are main characters for them because they weren't even born when Ash's story started.

No there wouldn't. Older fans are out of the target audience and younger fans grow up with newer characters like Iris and Cilan. It doesn't matter who are main characters for them because they weren't even born when Ash's story started.
    doesn't mean anything, the younger audience could protest against this, just like they did with brock.

And the problem isn't ash, the problem is pikachu, there is no way they could create another pikachu, so that's why ash stays, if some other character had a pikachu it would feel beyond fake.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

doesn't mean anything, the younger audience could protest against this, just like they did with brock.

And the problem isn't ash, the problem is pikachu, there is no way they could create another pikachu, so that's why ash stays, if some other character had a pikachu it would feel beyond fake.
    Are you being serious? The younger audience does not care, they watch for the Pokemon. A 6 year old boy is not going to start wondering where Ash is if he only started watching when he was 5. Goodness.

Are you being serious? The younger audience does not care, they watch for the Pokemon. A 6 year old boy is not going to start wondering where Ash is if he only started watching when he was 5. Goodness.
    Seemed to work for brock, and stop dodging the pikachu question.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Seemed to work for brock, and stop dodging the pikachu question.
    No, Brock only left because at the time the anime writers weren't sure if Brock's eyes would be received well in America. Once it became obvious Brock's eyes weren't going to be a negative point, they knew they could bring him back.

The first episode of Johto was already being written before Orange Islands even debuted in the U.S., so there's no way poor reception to Tracey could have changed anything, Brock was always planned to return/

No, Brock only left because at the time the anime writers weren't sure if Brock's eyes would be received well in America. Once it became obvious Brock's eyes weren't going to be a negative point, they knew they could bring him back.

The first episode of Johto was already being written before Orange Islands even debuted in the U.S., so there's no way poor reception to Tracey could have changed anything, Brock was always planned to return/
    Well orange islands was being written during kanto meaning they wanted to americanize the show a little more, it just backfired straight away so they planned brocks return.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast