Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savants of Sommeliershipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Amaryllis View Post
    Might I inquire what makes my phrases "amazing"?
    The way you talk, I think.

...Whywouldyousaysomethinglikethat
    It came to my mind. It's just an idea I have.

Ah, I see. I'm not sure how the Connoisseur works, but I think you'd need the C-Class's permission first. What a wild ride that would be...
    Quite a funny scene! I can imagine Burgundy yelling like never before at such a pathetic idea.

I've already evaluated my fair share earlier in this thread, haven't I?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower View Post
    The way you talk, I think.
    I am still unclear about what you mean...

It came to my mind. It's just an idea I have.
    Was it those TV Tropes links from earlier?

Quite a funny scene! I can imagine Burgundy yelling like never before at such a pathetic idea.
    "Pathetic" and embarrassing.

How would Cilan and/or Burgundy approach their feelings of affection to themselves and each other?

(That's worded weird)

Spoiler:- Some Things:

I am still unclear about what you mean...
    If I'm not mistaken, I'm talking about your writing and poetic skills.

Was it those TV Tropes links from earlier?
    I think yes.

"Pathetic" and embarrassing.
    It's blushing time!

How would Cilan and/or Burgundy approach their feelings of affection to themselves and each other?

(That's worded weird)
    She has red hair and blue eyes, wears a yellow hat and is all dressed in green
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 5th May 2013 at 2:43 AM.

Heyo. I've been on a bit of a Cilan-shipping kick the last couple of weeks and I've been particularly appreciating SommelierShipping lately. I knew from the first encounter that this would be the type of ship I'd be positively disposed to *coughs and gestures to Slayers OTP* but I haven't honestly done much with it in the past. I'd like to do more and I've started by making some SommelierShipping graphics. I'd like to write for it at some point, but the fact that I watch the dub and am behind on watching even that always makes me paranoid about writing for anime ships ^^; Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually though.

Oh! The graphics:

I'll be using these eventually because I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, but they're also free for anyone else to use if they want!

Ehmm... Let me try to take a crack at this discussion question (again, I'm running behind on the anime and it's been awhile since I've watched a Burgundy episode, so please cut me a little slack):

I feel like Cilan can see pretty well through Burgundy's "revenge" quest. To me, identifying her crush on him would come before he develops any feelings for her. He seems to take even her negative attention in as flattering a way as he can and in some weird way even... appreciate it. And through that appreciation he can start to see through to Burgundy's good traits beyond her glaring, glaring flaws (no disrespect here. I like her flaws) and that appreciation can develop into something more.

I don't think he'd actually approach/confront her with this, though. At least, that's my gut feel. It seems like he'd be more the kind to deal with her behavior with grace and wait for her to have grappled with her feelings and accepted them. I see him letting her make the first move, for the sake of her having settled how she feels with herself once and for all, and for the sake of her ego. Though I could also see him giving her opportunities tailor-made for making that first move.

As for Burgundy, I guess it comes down to how quickly she can go from "Stupid Cilan! He thinks he's so cool!" to realizing: "Stupid Cilan! I think he's so cool too, don't I?!" And then how she decides to act after she comes face to face with that fact. It's possible that her desire for the high ground might actually push her into accepting it sooner than later--in that if she thinks she's accepted her feelings first that that makes her "the bigger (wo)man" and allows her the air of superior maturity that she feels so often denied when around Cilan. But that's certainly not a guarantee and she could instead decide to fight it out with those feelings until its absolutely undeniable.

I'm honestly not sure how much her behavior would change if it got to that point--though I hope it's not an entire 180. I like her the way she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Heyo. I've been on a bit of a Cilan-shipping kick the last couple of weeks and I've been particularly appreciating SommelierShipping lately. I knew from the first encounter that this would be the type of ship I'd be positively disposed to *coughs and gestures to Slayers OTP* but I haven't honestly done much with it in the past. I'd like to do more and I've started by making some SommelierShipping graphics. I'd like to write for it at some point, but the fact that I watch the dub and am behind on watching even that always makes me paranoid about writing for anime ships ^^; Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually though.
    Hello! Welcome to the family, Skyomi!

Oh! The graphics:

I'll be using these eventually because I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, but they're also free for anyone else to use if they want!
    *Eyes shining* THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! *Coughs* I mean, thank you for giving this Shipping love.

I feel like Cilan can see pretty well through Burgundy's "revenge" quest. To me, identifying her crush on him would come before he develops any feelings for her. He seems to take even her negative attention in as flattering a way as he can and in some weird way even... appreciate it. And through that appreciation he can start to see through to Burgundy's good traits beyond her glaring, glaring flaws (no disrespect here. I like her flaws) and that appreciation can develop into something more.

I don't think he'd actually approach/confront her with this, though. At least, that's my gut feel. It seems like he'd be more the kind to deal with her behavior with grace and wait for her to have grappled with her feelings and accepted them. I see him letting her make the first move, for the sake of her having settled how she feels with herself once and for all, and for the sake of her ego. Though I could also see him giving her opportunities tailor-made for making that first move.

As for Burgundy, I guess it comes down to how quickly she can go from "Stupid Cilan! He thinks he's so cool!" to realizing: "Stupid Cilan! I think he's so cool too, don't I?!" And then how she decides to act after she comes face to face with that fact. It's possible that her desire for the high ground might actually push her into accepting it sooner than later--in that if she thinks she's accepted her feelings first that that makes her "the bigger (wo)man" and allows her the air of superior maturity that she feels so often denied when around Cilan. But that's certainly not a guarantee and she could instead decide to fight it out with those feelings until its absolutely undeniable.
    I couldn't have say it better.

I'm honestly not sure how much her behavior would change if it got to that point--though I hope it's not an entire 180. I like her the way she is.
    Me too.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 6th May 2013 at 9:01 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm talking about your writing and poetic skills.
    Oh.

O///O

I think yes.
    I'msuchahorribleperson

It's blushing time!
    You could say that again.

She has red hair and blue eyes, wears a yellow hat and is all dressed in green
    Now that I think about, she probably would be somewhat of an advice-giver...though I would say more so for Burgundy than Cilan. (Unless Iris of all people notices...)

Hello Skiyomi! Glad to see activity on this thread that isn't just Night Flower and me.

Oh! The graphics:

LETMYLOVEYOU Those are beautiful graphics, Skiyomi! Thank you so much!

Ehmm... Let me try to take a crack at this discussion question (again, I'm running behind on the anime and it's been awhile since I've watched a Burgundy episode, so please cut me a little slack):

Agreed. These things take time, and I can see Burgundy grappling her feelings for quite the while before she actually admits it to herself before anybody else. She's just stubborn like that *coughlikemecough*. Cilan is also a gentleman, and I can see him giving us the old, "lady's first", especially since this is Burgundy we're talking about.

Love doesn't distort one's personality. It can cause development or add on, but I can't see Burgundy completely changing. That's ridiculous.

Oh.

O///O
    I'm glad you understand ^^

I'msuchahorribleperson.
    Or is me who is the everything-happens-in-my-head one.

Agreed. These things take time, and I can see Burgundy grappling her feelings for quite the while before she actually admits it to herself before anybody else. She's just stubborn like that *coughlikemecough*. Cilan is also a gentleman, and I can see him giving us the old, "lady's first", especially since this is Burgundy we're talking about.
    Once again, I couldn't have say it better.

Love doesn't distort one's personality. It can cause development or add on, but I can't see Burgundy completely changing. That's ridiculous.
    She isn't my favourite one for nothing.

With all respect: YOU SPEND YEARS TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD!! *Cough* Sorry to talk to you like this, but still...
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 6th May 2013 at 9:01 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Or is me who is the everything-happens-in-my-head one.
    Please define "everything-happens-in-my-head one".

With all respect: YOU SPEND YEARS TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD!! *Cough* Sorry to talk to you like this, but still...
    .___________________.

Hey, quick question; If Burgundy had to comfort Cilan (rather then the other way around), how would it go?

Please define "everything-happens-in-my-head one".
    I don't know if you realized yet, but I come up with weird ideas just because they appear in my head.

.___________________.
    *Nevous laugh*

Hey, quick question; If Burgundy had to comfort Cilan (rather then the other way around), how would it go?
    I can't imagine what could happen, but I can vaguely see how could happen.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 2nd June 2013 at 8:40 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Well look at it this way, if Dento leaves hey'll go back to his true love. Yes I do support this pairing, looking at the possitive side of things.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Well look at it this way, if Dento leaves hey'll go back to his true love.
    I imagine before leaving that Cilan will look for Burgundy to say goodbye to her, and then... some ideas?
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

I imagine before leaving that Cilan will look for Burgundy to say goodbye to her, and then... some ideas?
    Obviously, Burgundy will demand why Cilan is going through all the trouble to say farewell to her, and he'll probably have a snarky ready reply to her, which she will most likely respond with by blushing.

Obviously, Burgundy will demand why Cilan is going through all the trouble to say farewell to her, and he'll probably have a snarky ready reply to her, which she will most likely respond with by blushing.
    You indeed are better than me...
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Late response, but thanks to you both! I'm glad you liked my graphics!

Oh, I completely agree with you that that's how it should work and how it works in reality. ...Sadly, I don't always feel like I can trust the writers to show that development naturally and over time. I'm tentative not out of any doubt in the force of Burgundy's personality or of the effects of love, but because I don't have complete faith in the show's ability to realistically steer a character arc instead of taking shortcuts. Your mileage may vary on whether you think the writers can/will do such a thing, but that's just me being cautious.

As for the question of how a farewell would go: Moonlight Amaryllis, your response seems pretty apt to me.

Since I'm already posting here, I might as well drop off this banner I made recently:

I'm thinking of writing a SommelierShipping drabble tonight. If I do, I'll edit with the link here.

EDIT: Well, I did. It's, like, the fourth one down. Geez, someone needs to post in the Drabble Thread besides me O.o. Don't know if it's really worth any of your time since it's kind of an expansion/re-hash of something I said in my last post, but, hey, I'll post it here just in case.

Oh, I completely agree with you that that's how it should work and how it works in reality. ...Sadly, I don't always feel like I can trust the writers to show that development naturally and over time. I'm tentative not out of any doubt in the force of Burgundy's personality or of the effects of love, but because I don't have complete faith in the show's ability to realistically steer a character arc instead of taking shortcuts. Your mileage may vary on whether you think the writers can/will do such a thing, but that's just me being cautious.
    What I am wondering is not whether or not she will change, but is how she will change.

Since I'm already posting here, I might as well drop off this banner I made recently:

I'm thinking of writing a SommelierShipping drabble tonight. If I do, I'll edit with the link here.

EDIT: Well, I did. It's, like, the fourth one down. Geez, someone needs to post in the Drabble Thread besides me O.o. Don't know if it's really worth any of your time since it's kind of an expansion/re-hash of something I said in my last post, but, hey, I'll post it here just in case.
    Thank you! Just a few ones give the SommelierShipping or at least Burgundy love.

What are some scenarios you hope will happen in the anime?

A... um... kiss... I said it. Are you happy?

Now that I think about, she probably would be somewhat of an advice-giver...though I would say more so for Burgundy than Cilan. (Unless Iris of all people notices...)
    Iris? Why?
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 15th June 2013 at 3:01 AM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

You indeed are better than me...
    Not really...

Yeah, I cannot really trust the show's writers at times, too. I think the main fault of the show is the fact that development of built up, and then completely forgotten later. Not to mention, I feel that lately none of the rivals have gotten quite as much screentime as others did in the past...

Yay, more banners!

I love it, thanks Skiyomi! omghowthefuqdoispellthat

What I am wondering is not whether or not she will change, but is how she will change.
    Pray tell.

What are some scenarios you hope will happen in the anime?

A... um... kiss... I said it. Are you happy?
    Don't get your hopes up too high, kiddo.

Iris? Why?
    Didn't she say that you have to tackle love head-on?

Yeah, I cannot really trust the show's writers at times, too. I think the main fault of the show is the fact that development of built up, and then completely forgotten later. Not to mention, I feel that lately none of the rivals have gotten quite as much screentime as others did in the past...
    Why do writers put so many characters if they're only going to say so much little 'bout them?!

Pray tell.
    Last time I freaked out
    I just kept looking down
    I st-st-stutered
    You asked what I'm thinkin' 'bout

Felt like I couldn't breathe
    You asked what's wrong with me
    And all my friend said:
    "You're just being crazy!"

The next time we hang out
    I will redeem myself
    My heart can't rest till then
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
    Now I can't wait to see you again

Don't get your hopes up too high, kiddo.
    Well, I at least answered the question for the sixth or seventh time...

Didn't she say that you have to tackle love head-on?
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 20th June 2013 at 9:26 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Why do writers put so many characters if they're only going to say so much little 'bout them?!
    I'm not sure...and they're such lovely characters, too...

Last time I freaked out
    I just kept looking down
    I st-st-stutered
    You asked what I'm thinkin' 'bout

Felt like I couldn't breathe
    You asked what's wrong with me
    And all my friend said:
    "You're just being crazy!"

The next time we hang out
    I will redeem myself
    My heart can't rest till then
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
    Now I can't wait to see you again
    What song is that?

Well, I at least answered the question for the sixth or seventh time...
    _-_

What do you mean?
    In the Cottonee episode, Iris stated that you need to be straightforward and head-on in terms of love affairs, did she not?

I'm not sure...and they're such lovely characters, too...
    That's why is so easy to make FanFiction 'bout them.

What song is that?
    See you again by Breathe Carolina. Sorry, I think I got carried away by the pasion of music.

In the Cottonee episode, Iris stated that you need to be straightforward and head-on in terms of love affairs, did she not?
    You mean 'being direct', don't you? In real life I don't speak English.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

That's why is so easy to make FanFiction 'bout them.
    I don't think for me that's a good things...I'm a horrible person to my characters, you see...

See you again by Breathe Carolina. Sorry, I think I got carried away by the pasion of music.
    I've never heard of it. Huh, I should take a listen someday.

You mean 'being direct', don't you? In real life I don't speak English.
    Basically, yes, that's what I mean. English is a stupid language

You thought up that, too? I imagine the screen saying 'Burgundy & Cilan' and Burgundy jumping in joy because she finally got an opportunity to battle Cilan, only to be crushed when the presenter says 'Well everyone, meet your partner for this Tag Battle Tournament'.
    Georgia: So, I'm battling Stephen, right?

Stephan: *wincing* My name is Stephan, but anyways, I'm honored.

Georgia realizes that Burgundy has ear-to-ear smile, and she could see why. She felt the same way the first round of the Junior Cup, when she had battled her own enemy, Iris.

Presenter: Well everyone, meet your partner for this Tag Battle Tournament!

Suddenly Burgundy's smile disappeared, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped after a huge gasp. When she regained her composture, she looked at Cilan, who gave her a wink.

An extended version of my invented scene...

Do you remember that Dewott got tired very easily in his/her battle against Dwebble? Maybe as an Oshawott happened the same and that's why Cilan thought he/she wasn't strong enough, that a strong Pokemon doesn't get tired so quickly, according to his B-class Connaisseur skills... is was that or the fact that Cilan in reality was a creppy cruel one when Burgundy fought against him in the Gym.
    I'm starting to wonder if Burgundy's 'secret crush' on Cilan is because she realizes he's indeed a gentleman or because she finds Cilan's bad boy side cute.
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 23rd June 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Georgia: So, I'm battling Stephen, right?

Stephan: *wincing* My name is Stephan, but anyways, I'm honored.

Georgia realizes that Burgundy has ear-to-ear smile, and she could see why. She felt the same way the first round of the Junior Cup, when she had battled her own enemy, Iris.

Presenter: Well everyone, meet your partner for this Tag Battle Tournament!

Suddenly Burgundy's smile disappeared, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped after a huge gasp. When she regained her composture, she looked at Cilan, who gave her a wink.

An extended version of my invented scene...
    It would make more sense for her to arrive late, and NOT hear that it's tag battle PARTNERS.

I'm starting to wonder if Burgundy's 'secret crush' on Cilan is because she realizes he's indeed a gentleman or because she finds Cilan's bad boy side cute.
    Does that make Cilan a punkish-gentleman?

HolycrapitsEnglandfromHetalia

It would make more sense for her to arrive late, and NOT hear that it's tag battle PARTNERS.
    In one way or another, her happiness will as long as glass of fresh water poured in a strainer *winks* just to be replaced by another kind of happiness.

Does that make Cilan a punkish-gentleman?
    *Rising an eyebrow* EH?!
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

*Rising an eyebrow* EH?!
    Um, sorry?

Anyways, because we need something to talk about..We need a topic to discuss!

...I got nothing. You guys? Well, really only Night Flower, but everyone else can, too...

Anyways, because we need something to talk about..We need a topic to discuss!
    What we really need is *starts yelling* MORE PEOPLE HERE! WHERE IS EVERYONE?! THAT'S WHY THIS THREAD IS SO LAME! IS THERE JUST ONE SOMMELIERSHIPPER OUT THERE?! WINTER STORM?! SKIYOMI?! BLUEDRAGONFANGIRL?! ANYONE *Tears starting to fall* we need more opinions *sobs* not... just two persons... please *big puppy eyes* *sights* it seems were alone, Moonsie... everyone votes for that *sneers* WishfulShipping... no offense... Skiyomi will give me a good punishment for that *shurgs* but at least I got rid of that burden in my chest...

...I got nothing. You guys? Well, really only Night Flower, but everyone else can, too...
    I got nothing either Wait, I think I got something:

What do you think it really happened back to the Gym?
    Last edited by Fruty Sheep; 12th July 2013 at 1:23 AM.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast