Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Default Toonami is doing good

First they had series like Deadman wonderland and Casshern sins (in addition to a couple of others) then they added a Tenchi Muyo spin off and now against all odds, Toonami is bringing back Naruto!

At this rate maybe we might see some Gundam eventually.

Gundum, doubt it. Other popular shows and maybe mored to mon-sat, a possibility.

I like how they are doing it. Believe It

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    now against all odds, Toonami is bringing back Naruto!

If anything, this is a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If anything, this is a step in the wrong direction.

It's the uncut version, that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's the uncut version, that better?
    Nope, that just means more filler...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Nope, that just means more filler...
    Doesn't really matter. It's not like the series did not have a run prior. It's more for the nostalgia factor then anything. The fact it has fillers really don't matter. Plus the fillers are not bad like people make claim them to be. If people wanted the exact story read the manga. It's always nice to have added fun stuff. Plus Naruto did not have much filler. Besides the one or two episodes tossed in the only filler arc was the Race one after Tsunade's arc. Unless your talking about the fillers after the Naruto and Sasuke fight. That yeah I can understand people hating on.
    Last edited by Nanami; 27th November 2012 at 4:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Doesn't really matter. It's not like the series did not have a run prior. It's more for the nostalgia factor then anything. The fact it has fillers really don't matter. Plus the fillers are not bad like people make claim them to be. If people wanted the exact story read the manga. It's always nice to have added fun stuff. Plus Naruto did not have much filler. Besides the one or two episodes tossed in the only filler arc was the Race one after Tsunade's arc. Unless your talking about the fillers after the Naruto and Sasuke fight. That yeah I can understand people hating on.
    I liked the filler episodes, 101 will always be my fan fave. Then again, unless for reasons outside my power, I watch all the filler too.

It's not just the filler. It's also the endless flashbacks pretty much every episode. Also the fact that Naruto had a pretty bad plot to being with and the series went downhill after the Chūnin Exams.

It's not just the filler. It's also the endless flashbacks pretty much every episode. Also the fact that Naruto had a pretty bad plot to being with and the series went downhill after the Chūnin Exams.
    Haters gonna hate

Haters gonna hate
    Brilliant debating skills.

Haters gonna hate
    Plus it's the most repetitive thing someone says about a series:

It went downhill after X arc.

Plus it's the most repetitive thing someone says about a series:

It went downhill after X arc.
    More brilliant debating.

More brilliant debating.
    Jeez, what's with you? I just take every series with a grain of salt, bever expecting anything.

Jeez, what's with you? I just take every series with a grain of salt, bever expecting anything.
    Some people just take anime way too sersiuly when its just a form of entertainment and they come of as massive dicks.

Some people just take anime way too sersiuly when its just a form of entertainment and they come of as massive dicks.
    Jb's one of the biggest anime-watchers on the site I currently know of, I think he knows what he's talking about. And I never liked Naruto to begin with (because the hype was annoying at the time), so I don't have a good reason for why I don't like Naruto. I just know there are better ninja shows out there. Naruto had a good concept, but it was carried on for way too long, just like with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Anyway, it does sound like good news, though I have of yet to actually watch anything from Toonami presently. I need to DVR some stuff, but I never remember to do that, and I never know what Grandma ever has on her recording/watching schedules... even if Toonami is on at midnight-ish.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I don't need to expect anything because I've already watched the entire series. I can pretty much say what I want about it.

Naruto is hardly something to take seriously lol. Anyway, the topic said - "Toonami is doing good." It listed Naruto coming back as one of the reasons which isn't true. If listing the faults of an anime means I take it to "sersiuly" then so be it. If anything, posting "Haters gonna hate" to a valid post makes one a massive dick.

First Tenchi Muyo GXP and now Naruto. Next will be Freezing I bet guys.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    First Tenchi Muyo GXP and now Naruto. Next will be Freezing I bet guys.
    Don't it =(

Thumbs down

Ew, Naruto. I'd have preferred Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Jb's one of the biggest anime-watchers on the site I currently know of, I think he knows what he's talking about. And I never liked Naruto to begin with (because the hype was annoying at the time), so I don't have a good reason for why I don't like Naruto. I just know there are better ninja shows out there. Naruto had a good concept, but it was carried on for way too long, just like with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Anyway, it does sound like good news, though I have of yet to actually watch anything from Toonami presently. I need to DVR some stuff, but I never remember to do that, and I never know what Grandma ever has on her recording/watching schedules... even if Toonami is on at midnight-ish.
    Doesn't mean he has to bash others view like the majority of members on this forums

Doesn't mean he has to bash others view like the majority of members on this forums
    I don't recall doing this.

you should know that disagreeing means bashing on sppf.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    you should know that disagreeing means bashing on sppf.
    You guy are only newbies, you'll catch on soon enough. Just because you have opinions of one thing doesn't mean someone else will agree with you 110%. And Jb has good reasons for why he doesn't like Naruto. If he was to list everything about Naruto he doesn't like, it'd probably be a big post.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

-____- Isnt Naruto the show that killed Toonami in the first place? Why are they bringing back the show that they overhyped so much that it made all of the other shows look like crap... I like Naruto but for Toonami to bring it back 6 months after coming back they are kinda pushing it. At least bring back some anime that you kicked off for Naruto and hype that up before bringing back a show you very well know might dominate the rest. I just hope they bring in One Piece in 2013 so at least Naruto can have some legit competition :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast