Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online 2 (Guns Gale Online)

Default Sword Art Online 2 (Guns Gale Online)

Might as well start a new thread for season 2 of the most overrated anime in history. Here we goooooO!

Based on the light novel by written by Reki Kawahara, the Sword Art Online series continues into its second season. One year after the SAO incident, Kirito is approached by Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Department, Seijiro Kikuoka, with a request to enter other VRMMO called Gun Gale Online (GGO). Kikuoka informs Kirito that, “Players who are shot by a mysterious avatar with a jet black gun lose their lives even in the real world…”

Unconvinced that the virtual world can affect the real world, Kirito logs on to GGO, wandering in an unfamiliar world in order to investigate the “Death Gun” incident. He is joined by a female sniper named Sinon who owns a gigantic “Hecate II” rifle. The two decide to enter the “Bullet of Bullets,” a large tournament to choose the most powerful gunner within the realm of GGO, in hopes of making direct contact with the mysterious avatar behind the “Death Gun”.

Guns Gale Online comes out in July 5th.

Question to start out : What do you except from SAO2 and what could you have done to improve SAO1?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime 44; 2nd July 2014 at 12:02 AM.

- I used too big an image in my sig, so a mod replace it with a Magicarp -

I'm probably going to be watching this because of Miyuki Sawashiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime 44 View Post
    Question to start out : What do you except from SAO2 and what could you have done to improve SAO1?
    I'm expecting something not as dumb as Sword Art Online's second half but not as decent as Sword Art Online's first half.

To improve SAO1? End it when Kirito wakes up. Cut out the harem elements.

When was SAO decent? Oh, right,

NEVER

They sped through that first arc so much. It's better than the 2nd arc, but still pretty bad. They should've made most of the single episode arcs 2 or 3 episodes, instead of rushing through the side stories and the plot, making Aincrad only 1 cour and the Fairy arc 1 cour, too
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

most overrated anime in history.
    Not even close.

I'm gonna watch it and I'm gonna not hate it. But I also probably won't find it all that great either.

the most overrated anime in history.
    i dunno, attack on titan exists

Anyway, hopefully this isn't as shoddily executed as SAO, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Nor, probably, am I going to watch at all
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    When was SAO decent? Oh, right,

NEVER
    I was trying to be nice. The series does have some great looking animation even if it's wasted on such an unimaginative universe.

I entered here expecting the 1st post to have at least a summary of Gun Gale.
    What did I get? A bunch of whiny users doing some foolish discussion about SAO's 2nd arc.
    Move on already.

on topic
    hmm looking at the trailer images and seems there will be a genderbent Kirito, huh?

GGO is much better than the first two. So, as long as A-1 stay as faithful to this as they did the first two, there is no reason the anime shouldn't follow suit.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I was trying to be nice. The series does have some great looking animation even if it's wasted on such an unimaginative universe.
    You know it's going to happen sometime, you can never stop the truth

Anyway, Hunter x Hunter has better animation and it's a long runner
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Kirito's avatar looks girly. I wonder why he looks like a girl in GGO? And I heard Asuna won't be in GGO. Sucks, we didn't see her in action in the fairy arc either. I heard rumors that the game scanned his body incorrectly making his avatar look female.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime 44; 2nd July 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Based on the light novels, it's kinda understanding why Asuna won't be in GGO. There isn't really any reason for her to be in the game. Kikuoka tells Kirito of a mysterious murder in a game known as Guns Gale Online and so he goes in it and investigates with a girl known as Sninon. They don't really need Asuna for GGO because she wouldn't have much of a role or drive the plot forward. With that being said, the anime is inevitably going to sitr up romantic tension between Kirito and Snion.

I'll read some reviews and then decide if it's worth watching if I got the time. SAO was like a pseudo-Twilight for guys. It was entertaining but just badly paced and the second half of the show should have been axed.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

First episode was better than I expected, I'll admit

However, I did not see trap Kirito in this episode, so I'm disappointed
    Douglas Adams

Based on the light novels, it's kinda understanding why Asuna won't be in GGO. There isn't really any reason for her to be in the game. Kikuoka tells Kirito of a mysterious murder in a game known as Guns Gale Online and so he goes in it and investigates with a girl known as Sninon.
    You got a point.Even though Asuna's not be appearing as often as Sinon, she's still has little part there, I'm still looking forward to those little Asuna scenes in the LN.. specially in the climax part..being adapted

I think it was a good start for the first episode,those little Kirito and Asuna scenes although there were some conversations that weren't in the episode., plus the shot of Sinon and the introductory of GGO..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Wait, there is a SAO season 2?

This sounds badass, Guns Gale Online. I hope that it shows off something similar to the Fairy Arc with Nobuyuki, or whatever that Assholes name is who created Alfheim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampurtz View Post
    Until Italy, Korea, or Canada spoils them all. We must wipe them off the map
    My FEA Family:

Wait, there is a SAO season 2?

This sounds badass, Guns Gale Online. I hope that it shows off something similar to the Fairy Arc with Nobuyuki, or whatever that Assholes name is who created Alfheim.
    Yes there is. XD And I think episode 1 had just aired last Saturday (or Sunday in other timezones) It has a different gameplay compared to ALO..
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

That's what I'm hoping. I am gonna watch the first episode later on today.
    Until Italy, Korea, or Canada spoils them all. We must wipe them off the map
    My FEA Family:

I have a question. Something so important that it is pivotal to both the quality and success of this show.

How much Miyuki Sawashiro was in the episode? This strongly determines whether I'll actually watch it.

She was there for like a minute at the end.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

She was talking while shooting a person. Best part of the episode
    Douglas Adams

Kirito's avatar looks girly. I wonder why he looks like a girl in GGO? And I heard Asuna won't be in GGO. Sucks, we didn't see her in action in the fairy arc either. I heard rumors that the game scanned his body incorrectly making his avatar look female.
    I already read the light novel, so I knew this season would have Asuna in action at some point.
    And as for the answer for Kirito feminine looks:
        Spoiler:- reason:
    Last edited by lucky_u; 8th July 2014 at 2:32 PM.

It saddens me to see this anime get so much hate just because it's considered "overrated". In my opinion the first season of SAO is good, no scratch that it was great. Sure the ALfiem story arc was definably its weakest part but it got way better in the final episodes where it matters the most.

Ok that's enough on the first season of SAO. I really like what their doing with the second season. I really dig the new direction and new game this anime is going. I just really hope this story arc isn't rushed like the last two story arcs in season 1 were. So far it looks promising though!!
    Last edited by Skullcruncher; 9th July 2014 at 6:00 AM.
    Whether it be For Fun or For Glory Come and challenge theTrinity League!!

FC: 3368-1218-4067
    IGN: Kid Skull

Nintendo Network ID: skullcruncher44
    Be sure to add me and check out my drawings!

I thought SAO had potential from its first few episodes, but once it plunged into the random "girl of the day has a problem that Kirito solves, then falls in love with him" stuff and especially once the extremely shoehorned marriage arc began, I couldn't watch it except to mock it. That's saying nothing of ALO which was so bad I couldn't even get through it.

But since I always did like the basic concept, I decided to give Gun Gale's first episode a shot. I was... pleasantly surprised, actually. The Death Gun sequence was a very strong opening, and Sinon's entrance already makes her stand out. The only dull part was the "I want to be with Kirito-kun" slop in the middle, but thankfully, that looks like it's going to be largely absent this time and the storyline is already far stronger than ALO's.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Never assume the romance will be gone lol, but I too am happily surprised that the first episode was so good, I just hope the entire season will be good and less romance/saving a damsel in distress bs that was the whole 2nd half of SAO.

I don't mind a little love but ffs it was just too much and killed my interest :l.

I was even dreading watching the first episode of GGO but it was worth the watch and will watch it more in the future, although I don't like how Kirito looks like a chick but least no one will be able to tell its him lol stealth mode for the investigation of death gun goo!

-Sig made by me-

So far so good SAO. I wonder how long you can keep this up. Episode 4 gets a 5/5 from me. Loving the new pace.
    Whether it be For Fun or For Glory Come and challenge theTrinity League!!

FC: 3368-1218-4067
    IGN: Kid Skull

Nintendo Network ID: skullcruncher44
    Be sure to add me and check out my drawings!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast