Thread: Anime Wednesdays block on Chiller TV

Default Anime Wednesdays block on Chiller TV

Chiller TV has launched a new anime block they're calling "Anime Wednesdays". Their first lineup was announced Monday and it started airing last night, so it kind of caught folks by surprise. Other than a lone post about it on their website, neither Chiller nor FUNimation have mentioned the block yet.

Post is here: http://www.chillertv.com/news/2015-0...ime-wednesdays

Chiller is focused on supernatural / horror programming and their anime lineup reflects that. Their current lineup is:

12:00am - Is This a Zombie?
    12:30am - Tokyo Majin
    1:00am - Devil May Cry
    1:30am - Black Blood Brothers

Not a stellar lineup in terms of newness, but it works with the theme they're going with and having seen 3 of those 4, they should work well airing together. (Though, Tokyo Majin, DMC and Black Blood Brothers are more action oriented while I don't believe Is This a Zombie? is) All of these shows are licensed by FUNimation and during the block, promos for the Tokyo Ghoul DVD/Blu-ray set were advertised.

It's pretty cool to see another anime block on American TV besides Toonami, even if Chiller is a lesser known channel. Hopefully they'll be successful enough to last longer then [C]-Control's run on Pivot from 2013.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Oh, nice. I remember when...I think it was the Sci-Fi channel *a few year ago before swapping to sy-fi* used to air a short block a little while block. Kind of surprised it's Chiller though given the former's current lineup, not really. xD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

A hilarious bomb. Has FUNi even advertised the block yet?

An~d it's been cancelled. Three weeks of toilet ratings.
    Last edited by Sweet May; 20th August 2015 at 6:05 AM. Reason: no double posting
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Oh, nice. I remember when...I think it was the Sci-Fi channel *a few year ago before swapping to sy-fi* used to air a short block a little while block. Kind of surprised it's Chiller though given the former's current lineup, not really. xD
    I believe it was back in 2003 when the now defunct TechTV also had an anime block called Anime Unleashed that lasted for a couple years. It was there that I first got to see some of my favourite anime, like Last Exile, R.O.D the TV, Gungrave Crest of the Stars and Boogiepop Phantom. Then G4 merged with TechTV and ruined everything.

I sure wish TechTV was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!