Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Hybrid View

Default Toonami is doing good

First they had series like Deadman wonderland and Casshern sins (in addition to a couple of others) then they added a Tenchi Muyo spin off and now against all odds, Toonami is bringing back Naruto!

At this rate maybe we might see some Gundam eventually.

Gundum, doubt it. Other popular shows and maybe mored to mon-sat, a possibility.

I like how they are doing it. Believe It

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    now against all odds, Toonami is bringing back Naruto!

If anything, this is a step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If anything, this is a step in the wrong direction.

It's the uncut version, that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's the uncut version, that better?
    Nope, that just means more filler...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Nope, that just means more filler...
    Doesn't really matter. It's not like the series did not have a run prior. It's more for the nostalgia factor then anything. The fact it has fillers really don't matter. Plus the fillers are not bad like people make claim them to be. If people wanted the exact story read the manga. It's always nice to have added fun stuff. Plus Naruto did not have much filler. Besides the one or two episodes tossed in the only filler arc was the Race one after Tsunade's arc. Unless your talking about the fillers after the Naruto and Sasuke fight. That yeah I can understand people hating on.
    Last edited by Nanami; 27th November 2012 at 5:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Doesn't really matter. It's not like the series did not have a run prior. It's more for the nostalgia factor then anything. The fact it has fillers really don't matter. Plus the fillers are not bad like people make claim them to be. If people wanted the exact story read the manga. It's always nice to have added fun stuff. Plus Naruto did not have much filler. Besides the one or two episodes tossed in the only filler arc was the Race one after Tsunade's arc. Unless your talking about the fillers after the Naruto and Sasuke fight. That yeah I can understand people hating on.
    I liked the filler episodes, 101 will always be my fan fave. Then again, unless for reasons outside my power, I watch all the filler too.

Plus Naruto did not have much filler.
    Last I counted it was at 35% filler.

At least it wasn't Bleach with the atrocious 47% filler, then again most of Bleach's storyline is far worse than it's filler, so you can count that more as a Blessing than a flaw sadly. -_-; Kubo has no ****ing clue how to properly write a story.
    Last edited by Pidjiken; 2nd March 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

It's not just the filler. It's also the endless flashbacks pretty much every episode. Also the fact that Naruto had a pretty bad plot to being with and the series went downhill after the Chūnin Exams.

It's not just the filler. It's also the endless flashbacks pretty much every episode. Also the fact that Naruto had a pretty bad plot to being with and the series went downhill after the Chūnin Exams.
    Haters gonna hate

Haters gonna hate
    Brilliant debating skills.

Haters gonna hate
    Plus it's the most repetitive thing someone says about a series:

It went downhill after X arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Plus it's the most repetitive thing someone says about a series:

It went downhill after X arc.
    More brilliant debating.

More brilliant debating.
    Jeez, what's with you? I just take every series with a grain of salt, bever expecting anything.

First Tenchi Muyo GXP and now Naruto. Next will be Freezing I bet guys.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    First Tenchi Muyo GXP and now Naruto. Next will be Freezing I bet guys.
    Don't it =(

Thumbs down

Ew, Naruto. I'd have preferred Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin.

They are getting better and I can't wait for Naruto to come back

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    -____- Isnt Naruto the show that killed Toonami in the first place?
    Do you really believe that they would air a show again if it were truly responsible for Toonami's death in 2008? Think about that for a bit.

The Toonami staff has confirmed countless times that Naruto not only was NOT responsible for Toonami's death, but was one of their most successful shows, probably only behind DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Naruto is still very popular but as a show overall, it has little merit.
    I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.
    Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.

Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.
    The responses on Twitter to its return have been mostly positive. Actually, the vast majority of them are. And I'm not sure what you mean by "people are watching but it doesn't appeal to them" because it really doesn't make sense. If people are watching, something about that show has gotten their attention.

In the end, WHY it became popular doesn't matter, because a show has to stand on its own legs to make an impact. Judging from the tons of positive responses Twitter and the fact that it is still one of the most viewed shows on streaming sites, I'd say it made quite the impact.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Define merit because those three shows suck pretty hard. As did dubbed Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Define merit because those three shows suck pretty hard. As did dubbed Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
    For a television show, "merit" would be defined as: popularity and success. NO ONE can say DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! do not fit that description. All of those shows are still popular to this day as they are still on TV, or in Sailor Moon's case, will be revamped next year. If they sucked, no one would want to see them again.

Also, "those three shows suck pretty hard" is strictly an opinion, and has no evidence to back it up. If they TRULY sucked, they would never have broken away from the otaku and into mainstream entertainment.

The Toonami staff have stated the most requested shows to return to Toonami included: DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, and Zatch Bell.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Ew, Naruto. I'd have preferred Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin.
    Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my favorites as well. I enjoyed both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    IGPX also returns on April 28th, at 2am, along with Toonami's new look and a new TOM.
    Wasn't a big fan of the new TOM last time. Hoping his new design is still pretty good. Probably because I'm too accustomed to his helmet covering his face again. XD.

I do agree with your thoughts in your blog about CN and Toonami, man. It has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Right, because they would totally have the dub made for children on Adult Swim -__-
    Agreed.

Anyway, the 4Kids OP has been over for...seven years now? It's hard to even find full scenes of it anymore. They'd probably show the FUNi dub, if anything (which is a good thing when it comes to OP, IMO).

I did like Marc Diraison as Zoro, though.

I still like Sabat more, though.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th April 2013 at 4:26 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast