Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Opinion. You can't argue with success.
    Pfffft this is hilarious.

And yes you can. Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, Rebecca Black. I hear cigarettes make a lot of money, guess they're not bad either.
    ...and a toilet seat cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

And yes you can. Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, Rebecca Black. I hear cigarettes make a lot of money, guess they're not bad either.
    HOTD is fairly successful in the Western World because zombies, yet it sucks.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Why are people with bad tastes allowed to request things?
    You know the exact reason for that. I do hope that is a rhetorical question >3>...lol

ZATCH BELL. I want that to be finished D:...Though I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the anime WAS cut short overall as well...>3>...
    I wouldn't mind DBZ re-runs, I might watch it because I do tend to search up random episodes at random times to watch them. So now I could just turn on the TV. lol But I digress, it doesn't matter. Isn't toonami mostly action? Would clannad REALLY fit on it?

I wouldn't mind a change of pace (because I liked clannad), but that seems very off from toonami, ANY toonami (even the kinds WB :OOO)...feel free to prove me wrong though.

Lets see...what shows would fit on Toonami? (Since that has obviously become the topic here >3>...)
    Uhm...I'm not sure. I just like to see anime on television again. (I never had access to fundimations channel. ever. lol)

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Clannad's dub is terrible, why would you willingly expose people to that torture?
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Clannad's dub is terrible, why would you willingly expose people to that torture?
    really? I found the Dub to be quite enjoy-able. I litterally switched between the dub and Japanese version because I was watching it through Youtube (whatever i found the next episode in lol), and I didn't notice any difference in my enjoyment of the series. I think thats opinion. :P

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    really? I found the Dub to be quite enjoy-able. I litterally switched between the dub and Japanese version because I was watching it through Youtube (whatever i found the next episode in lol), and I didn't notice any difference in my enjoyment of the series. I think thats opinion. :P
    This is so, so much better than this.
    My Anime List

This is so, so much better than this.
    Yeah...its a little better. Only because of the repetitive words (Gyo? defu?) not said correctly, and in the end, the quick "I love you" got a chuckle out of me anyway. xD (Not to mention the laugh at the end was funny to. They directly translated the script @.@....xD

But the voices are great to me. I freaken love Tomoya's english voice. I really think it fits him. XD

EDIT: I love FISH

not I love you...lol
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 4th December 2012 at 5:16 AM.

Such a sexy song. Urgh.

HOTD is fairly successful in the Western World because zombies, yet it sucks.
    Exactly.

On the Clannad subject I can't watch it dubbed. I just don't think it fits at all. If people wanna watch it dubbed that's fine, as long as there's no significant changes to the script I'm glad they've at least seen it.
    But I ain't touching that with a ten foot pole.

When it comes down to cold-hard cash, no, sometimes you just can't.

Clannad! Clannad? To boot, you judge its English track first? It's English track which would play if it got a block in Toonami?

This is why I have strided away from Japanese media, the many thick-skulled fans. Then again my presence here and the Gundam model and comic in my signature do bring this to question. Anyways, Clannad on Toonami is a dumb idea in the first place, Toonami's mainly there to deliver action catered towards a older teen-aged male audience. Clannad's girly, the main audience watching Toonami doesn't want that!
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 5th December 2012 at 4:52 AM. Reason: $$$
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    When it comes down to cold-hard cash, no, sometimes you just can't.

Clannad! Clannad? To boot, you judge its English track first? It's English track which would play if it got a block in Toonami?

This is why I have strided away from Japanese media, the many thick-skulled fans. Then again my presence here and the Gundam model and comic in my signature do bring this to question. Anyways, Clannad on Toonami is a dumb idea in the first place, Toonami's mainly there to deliver action catered towards a older teen-aged male audience. Clannad's girly, the main audience watching Toonami doesn't want that!
    Thick-skulled? Did you even read my post? I wasn't even suggesting it to air on Toonami, I was just giving my two cents on the English dub.

Clannad's girly, the main audience watching Toonami doesn't want that!
    In what way is Clannad girly?
    My Anime List

In what way is Clannad girly?
    Clannads...Not actiony I guess is the way to put it. It doesn't fit with most of the shows on toonami. Girly isn't the best way to put it because to be honest its based on a dating sim where the main character is male...lol But point and case, it doesn't fit the toonami norm. NOt that I have any problem with it, I love watching clannad. I just somehow doubt Toonami's gonna pick it up. lol

Such a sexy song. Urgh.

So people wanting a Clannad dubbed makes them thick-skulled? I mean, I personally don't want it, but that's just silly.

And Clannad is in no way 'girly'. If anything, it's everything that a real man needs. It's like the man cave of anime. With Angus steak.

And Clannad is in no way 'girly'. If anything, it's everything that a real man needs. It's like the man cave of anime. With Angus steak.
    As much as I don't want to give CC#06 an opening, I think this claim goes to Gurren Lagann.
    My Anime List

Aren't we going a tad bit off topic but anyways as of right now I think Toonami is doing good considering. Everybody want this or that show air but what people don't understand is that these things take time. If they keep at it just maybe it will return to it former glory. This is just me being optimistic though.

Attention: I'm am not as active on SPPF as I once was. These days I am much more active on the following social networks if you care to find me!

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube | twitter :::

As much as I don't want to give CC#06 an opening, I think this claim goes to Gurren Lagann.
    DAMN STRAIGHT. LOOK AT HOW MANLY THIS TITLE IS:

Like I was saying before, just have Gurren Lagann all day, errday.

DAMN STRAIGHT. LOOK AT HOW MANLY THIS TITLE IS:

Like I was saying before, just have Gurren Lagann all day, errday.

Handbrushed/painted Title cards set against a Blk background make a show manly?

Sure are a bunch of otherwise manly shoujo series then.

Why are people with bad tastes allowed to request things? Too many 80's/90's shows. I don't even think One Piece or Zatch Bell is fully dubbed. Sailor Moon dub was terribad. Why would people want Naruto and not Shippuden lol.

They should air FLCL again. Or Clannad or something lol.
    Funimation's dubbed over 200 episodes of One Piece. I think that, come a point where One Piece returns to Toonami (if it does, it'd be far into the future, of course), they should air an hour of it.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Handbrushed/painted Title cards set against a Blk background make a show manly?

Sure are a bunch of otherwise manly shoujo series then.
    Damn straight.
    Done here.

Sorry, let me get a more manly one:

Bam.

Google "Manly Anime"and Gurren Lagann comes up one the first page. But so does Host Club so that kinda defiles that. But Armstrong comes up so it's valid again.

You know what, I've changed my mind.

Spoiler:- This series is more manly than Gurren Lagann:
    My Anime List

So is this.

Spoiler:- More manly:

I dunno, something like Cromartie High School or Fist of the North Star might be more manly than Gurren Lagann. We'd need so sort of manliness measuring tool.

Speaking of, Cromartie should be on Toonami if it isn't. That dub is comedy gold.

I dunno, something like Cromartie High School or Fist of the North Star might be more manly than Gurren Lagann. We'd need so sort of manliness measuring tool.

Speaking of, Cromartie should be on Toonami if it isn't. That dub is comedy gold.
        Spoiler:- This also has a strong case for manliest anime:
    My Anime List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast