Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I doubt most of Toonami's base have even heard of Neon Alley.
    I doubt that. Most of Toonami's viewers are anime fans with a decent amount of casual viewers as well. From what I've seen, most are well aware of Neon Alley.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

How many anime fans are aware or take part in it's subscription based offers? I doubt the amount you have seen is close to substantial enough for it to have any merit on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioADV View Post
    Since its real late at night they could put Higurashi. I mean I doubt there will be kids up that late.
    Do you really want to subject people to that dub? I don't mind the dub honestly, but it's not that great for the first half of the show. I'd much rather have Umineko on than Higurashi, but even then, I think Toonami might have some guidelines as to what should or shouldn't be aired on their block--I could be wrong, but yeah. Even then, I don't think FUNimation will ever give them permission to air it. They haven't done much with the series anyway except pull videos from YouTube down.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

How many anime fans are aware or take part in it's subscription based offers? I doubt the amount you have seen is close to substantial enough for it to have any merit on its own.
    With them premiering dubs of Tiger & Bunny, Blue Exorcist and InuYasha: Final Act, I'm fairly sure they have a decent amount of viewers since those are the most popular shows right now, and with Fate/Zero coming soon, it'll probably increase their viewers. I doubt they have an extreme amount, but I can't image they're unknown to most anime fans.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    It's gotten old and rusty.
    Did you do that on purpose?

It would be an excellent fit for the block but in general, the melody of cliches was never that good to begin with (though it was fun to watch).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Ha ha, what am I even reading?
    You however are just plain wrong.
    I won't lie I did go over board there with some mindless idiosim but the truth still stand's I just think that majority of popular anime nowadays suck, garrun lagen does suck and that's just my opinion).

I feel like this is exactly what I should expect from this section.
    Why are you supposed to get anything for yourself out of reading another person's opinion, makes you sound like you have none of you're own.

Are you talking about anime watched? Or toonami itself? Since it's online I'm sure a large amount of anime fans which mainly reside online will have no problem finding it if they're interested in seeing it aired on TV as well.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Gurren Lagann has an average to somewhat below average OST.
    I wouldn't say so. Gurren Lagann's soundtrack utilizes a wide variety of styles (rock, classical, punk, j-pop, jazz, rap, even opera) and mashes them together to create something wonderful. Libera Me From Hell is probably one of the best examples of this. Its standalone theme music is also exhilarating, No Helping It! and Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke!! being some of the best in my opinion.

I doubt most of Toonami's base have even heard of Neon Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    I doubt that. Most of Toonami's viewers are anime fans with a decent amount of casual viewers as well. From what I've seen, most are well aware of Neon Alley.
    What I was really concerned about is licensing issues. I don't know much about anime licensing but I do know that Neon Alley is something you have to pay for. So I assume that if they got something like Fate/Zero or Blue Exorcist on their programming that they'd take some countermeasures to make sure people can't watch it elsewhere for free (ie. Toonami) right?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    It would be an excellent fit for the block but in general, the melody of cliches was never that good to begin with (though it was fun to watch).
    I agree that it uses a ton of clichés but it's also an amazing series. I'll argue that until I die.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    the truth still stand's I just think that majority of popular anime nowadays suck, garrun lagen does suck and that's just my opinion).
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

WELP. I know who I'm not taking seriously anymore.

Did you do that on purpose?
    No, but it's funny how things work out sometimes.

That is fairly true. It would be right at home on Toonami. I just probably wouldn't often be in the mood for it.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I wouldn't say so. Gurren Lagann's soundtrack utilizes a wide variety of styles (rock, classical, punk, j-pop, jazz, rap, even opera) and mashes them together to create something wonderful. Libera Me From Hell is probably one of the best examples of this. Its standalone theme music is also exhilarating, No Helping It! and Omae no XXX de Ten wo Tsuke!! being some of the best in my opinion.

What I was really concerned about is licensing issues. I don't know much about anime licensing but I do know that Neon Alley is something you have to pay for. So I assume that if they got something like Fate/Zero or Blue Exorcist on their programming that they'd take some countermeasures to make sure people can't watch it elsewhere for free (ie. Toonami) right?

I agree that it uses a ton of clichés but it's also an amazing series. I'll argue that until I die.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

Any other way we can torture you that isn't putting down his favourite foreign cartoon?

That is fairly true. It would be right at home on Toonami. I just probably wouldn't often be in the mood for it.
    Who is in general?

looks at time

Ugh...I can explain!

Any other way we can torture you that isn't putting down his favourite foreign cartoon?
    Next best thing would be taking away my video games, really.

Libera Me From Hell is probably one of the best examples of this.
    I ****ing love Libera Me From Hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

This is modern stupidity at it's finest.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Your reasoning for not liking TTGL is because the majority of popular anime suck, and he's the stupid one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'd much rather have Umineko
    We should be thankful that it won't be getting dubbed. There's no need to to torture us in a language we understand.

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    With them premiering dubs of Tiger & Bunny, Blue Exorcist and InuYasha: Final Act, I'm fairly sure they have a decent amount of viewers since those are the most popular shows right now, and with Fate/Zero coming soon, it'll probably increase their viewers. I doubt they have an extreme amount, but I can't image they're unknown to most anime fans.
    I'm not talking about anime fans in general though. I'm talking about the ones that watch Toonami. Judging by the shows Toonami airs, it's quite likely that there are more casual anime fans than hardcore ones that go out of their way to watch Tiger & Bunny and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Are you talking about anime watched? Or toonami itself? Since it's online I'm sure a large amount of anime fans which mainly reside online will have no problem finding it if they're interested in seeing it aired on TV as well.
    I'm talking about the ones who watch Toonami.

While I agree that the variety is there, I found none of the songs to be actually good in my opinion (I'm just going to use this once as the disclaimer). I used to have the soundtrack and there was really only one song, maybe two, that I actually enjoyed sans the openings and such. I could try to look the song up but that's probably take some time.

Yeah, probably. That's what I would expect but we don't really know what's in the contract anyway.

We should be thankful that it won't be getting dubbed. There's no need to to torture us in a language we understand.
    I thought it was dubbed o_o. Guess I read the announcement wrong or something... interesting.

Question: has Vision of Escaflowne been on Toonami's block before? I know it was on Fox Kids, but I don't think they ever showed it all the way through. The entire series has been dubbed, so I figured they showed it somewhere, and Toonami was the one that came to mind.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Next best thing would be taking away my video games, really.
    Completely missed this yesterday.

Metroid Sucks. Samus sucks.
    My Anime List

Question: has Vision of Escaflowne been on Toonami's block before? I know it was on Fox Kids, but I don't think they ever showed it all the way through. The entire series has been dubbed, so I figured they showed it somewhere, and Toonami was the one that came to mind.
    From a quick Google search:

"Other series such as Slayers, Magical Knight Rayearth and The Vision of Escaflowne were by seeked out by Toonami, but were licensed by its competitor Fox Kids. However out of these series, Fox Kids only broadcast Escaflowne (in a heavily edited form) which was dropped from the schedule after a few episodes. Slayers was also edited and planned to be broadcast by Fox Kids but never aired."

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Completely missed this yesterday.

I will find you. I will find you and give you the rudest slapping.

I will find you. I will find you and give you the rudest slapping.
    When you do, you can also pay me that $20 you owe me.
    My Anime List

I thought it was dubbed o_o. Guess I read the announcement wrong or something... interesting.
    Yeah, it was sub only. Higurashi was dubbed.

"Other series such as Slayers, Magical Knight Rayearth and The Vision of Escaflowne were by seeked out by Toonami, but were licensed by its competitor Fox Kids. However out of these series, Fox Kids only broadcast Escaflowne (in a heavily edited form) which was dropped from the schedule after a few episodes. Slayers was also edited and planned to be broadcast by Fox Kids but never aired."
    The idea of any Fox imprint airing Rayearth seems pretty ludicrous because there are certainly no straight characters in CLAMP series.

Yeah, it was sub only. Higurashi was dubbed.
    Yeah... and I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way. The Umineko anime was generally not so well-received by most fans of the VN for not being a particularly good adaptation.

The usual links

The idea of any Fox imprint airing Rayearth seems pretty ludicrous because there are certainly no straight characters in CLAMP series.
    I still don't get what they'd take out of Slayers. The dub was pretty tame to begin with. Maybe some of the blood?

When you do, you can also pay me that $20 you owe me.
    Okay, how about a compromise?

You and you listening to angry fans and looking up dirty fan art...

Yup, this is going nowhere.

I still don't get what they'd take out of Slayers. The dub was pretty tame to begin with. Maybe some of the blood?
    They'd make Lina even flatter.

Probably. Since, if it was aimed at young'uns, as we all know, we can't have any blood whatsoever. Physical violence is still basically okay, but blood, obviously not. Or any guns or explosions, those would have to go.

Going by the logic used for censorship of Looney Tunes, anyway, which we all know are for children because they're animated.

Ya know, for kids!

Okay, so basically, my point is, if you need to censor something at all, you might want to rethink what demographic you're trying to push it toward. I got sidetracked completely.

The usual links

Ya know, for kids!

Okay, so basically, my point is, if you need to censor something at all, you might want to rethink what demographic you're trying to push it toward. I got sidetracked completely.
    Good clip though. Jeez, that was dark.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast