Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Okay, how about a compromise?

I would totally be down for this.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

While we are at it, might as well bring HeMan and the Masters back for another shot. (cant remember if the reboot was bad or good though)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Plus Naruto did not have much filler.
    Last I counted it was at 35% filler.

At least it wasn't Bleach with the atrocious 47% filler, then again most of Bleach's storyline is far worse than it's filler, so you can count that more as a Blessing than a flaw sadly. -_-; Kubo has no ****ing clue how to properly write a story.
    Last edited by Pidjiken; 2nd March 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post
    Last I counted it was at 35% filler.

At least it wasn't Bleach with the atrocious 47% filler, then again most of Bleach's storyline is far worse than it's filler, so you can count that more as a Blessing than a flaw sadly. -_-; Kubo has no ****ing clue how to properly write a story.
    Bar the beginning. Learn to close the door. You know what Kubo should do when Bleach is over? Move into the mecha genera! I can see it now, it would be awesome...I think.

Off topic is off topic.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Bar the beginning. Learn to close the door. You know what Kubo should do when Bleach is over? Move into the mecha genera! I can see it now, it would be awesome...I think.

Off topic is off topic.
    What about Zombie Powder?

Haven't read all in this thread, but is there any indication that Toonami's doing well?

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    Haven't read all in this thread, but is there any indication that Toonami's doing well?
    Ratings have been slowly going up. In December, ThunderCats became the first show to hold 1 million viewers in the 1:00am timeslot. And just last week, ThunderCats also became the first show to hold 1 million at 1:30am. (Sym-Bionic Titan pulled 947K, which isn't all that far from 1 mil.!) Last week was also the first time 4 shows pulled over 1 million viewers in a night and resulted in the highest total ratings for Toonami so far.

To compare, in 2012, the highest rated night Toonami had was the 2nd night after the revival, when Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins were just starting. So far, in 2013, Toonami has beaten previous best nights 3 times in 2 months. I'd say that's evidence things are going well.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

This just in from Momocon, One Piece is joining the Toonami lineup.

Also they're celebrating the 15th anniversary of the block this Saturday with a screening of Evangelion 1.11.

And TOM and the Absolution are getting facelifts. Expect TOM 5 to debut in April.

Quote Originally Posted by rootsofjustice View Post
    This just in from Momocon, One Piece is joining the Toonami lineup.

Also they're celebrating the 15th anniversary of the block this Saturday with a screening of Evangelion 1.11.

And TOM and the Absolution are getting facelifts. Expect TOM 5 to debut in April.
    Adding to this:

Apparently, a few shows were mentioned that might be in consideration for airing at some point. Samurai Champloo and Sailor Moon 2013 appear to be shows they are considering, and possibly Panty & Stocking.

Young Justice and Samurai Jack will not be airing on Toonami, though they said they are looking into some non-anime shows right now.

Also, One Piece may not be what replaces Tenchi Muyo! GXP. Another new show might possibly replace it. It has yet to be confirmed exactly when One Piece will begin airing.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

They better not air the horrible 4kids version of One Piece.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    I really doubt that.

They should've canceled GXP after the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Right, because they would totally have the dub made for children on Adult Swim -__-
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by rootsofjustice View Post
    This is what really catches my attention from tonight's news. Why show this when it has nothing to do with anything currently airing, when there were options like Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos and the two Bleach movies they haven't aired?

Of course, I'm not complaining, but it does get me wondering if it might be leading to something else.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This is what really catches my attention from tonight's news. Why show this when it has nothing to do with anything currently airing, when there were options like Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos and the two Bleach movies they haven't aired?

Of course, I'm not complaining, but it does get me wondering if it might be leading to something else.
    Probably mostly because Evangelion is enormously popular. Granted, so are the others, but, if I'm not mistaken, Evangelion is even more so?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I must be the only one alive who hasn't seen Evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Don't worry, you're not alone brother.

I feel so iffy going into it considering all the harsh mixed feedback. On top of that the shows I've really enjoyed recently have all been of the mecha genre.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I haven't seen it either. It doesn't seem like my sort of show.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Probably mostly because Evangelion is enormously popular. Granted, so are the others, but, if I'm not mistaken, Evangelion is even more so?
    You're right, but it still seems odd to me that Toonami would go for something related to a franchise that hasn't aired on it in what, thirteen years (?) when they already have multiple franchises airing right now with movies they could have picked.

I really wonder if this might be testing the waters for future airings of the other Rebuild films (3.33 will likely have a dub by this time next year) or even an eventual reairing of the original series.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    I haven't seen it either. It doesn't seem like my sort of show.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Don't worry, you're not alone brother.

I feel so iffy going into it considering all the harsh mixed feedback. On top of that the shows I've really enjoyed recently have all been of the mecha genre.
    Understandable since usually franchises a big as this are often intimidating. However don't let other opinion keep you guys from enjoy what could possibly be a good show. I will admit that it is not for everyone persay. It really is character driven tale when you get down to it. Otherwise it is enjoyable despite whatever people may say about it. The Rebuild movies are perfect for newcomers who haven't seen it and the dub is pretty good.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Edit: Instead of using my post to worship Asuka, I wll comment on the movie that Toonami showed.

I think if someone likes robots then they MAY like the series but beware the high probability of psychological mumbo jumbo.
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 19th March 2013 at 5:41 PM.

So One Piece is getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    So One Piece is getting on?
    Yes, they just haven't said when yet. It could replace Tenchi GXP, but it appears as if they are trying to get something else to replace GXP with.

==========

Announcements!

April 27th will be the on-air debut of TOM 5, the new Absolution, and the new look for Toonami!

Also, after a LOT of paperwork it would seem, Toonami has managed to regain the rights to their only original series, IGPX, and it will begin airing that same night! They said they will possibly cut Cowboy Bebop down to only 1 episode a night to make room for it.

And it's worth noting that IGPX is NOT the replacement for Tenchi GXP, and One Piece still doesn't have a date set. We could possibly be getting yet another show when GXP finally ends.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

On top of that, they're trying to consider where exactly to start with One Piece. If they start from the beginning, it'll take them 6 years to get where Japan is *right now* but if they start from Season 4, they run the risk of alienating newer fans.

Either way, I threw the suggestion their way on their Tumblr that they could always do a series recap promo like they did for Bleach. That and there's the fact that the Enies Lobby arc has an episode each per Straw Hat that gives a flashback on their beginnings to their current struggles.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I haven't been up to date or in the best of spirits the past few years to be catching up and watching what Toonami has to offer ever since it's return back into television.

But I'm actually glad that it's actually doing pretty good. I'm actually surprised by the amount of content that's being offered on the program's setlist. There's some really good shows.

I need to catch up back on my own media watchlist and get up to date with whatever else i can waste my time with on this silly planet.

So then does anyone know what the odds are of Toonami regaining the weekday afternoon time slots? (But that might be tough with Adventure time and those other shows floating around)

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast