Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Big O is sure a strange choice but I will admit that I was starting to miss that dramatic theme song that plays whenever he calls the robot..

Wouldn't have a problem with SAO if it wasn't at the 2 AM time slot.
    Because of that I've aborted the dub for now and went to Crunchyroll because I don't have 20 something weeks to watch a bad anime, and where I'm at I already see issues.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I'm not a fan of Toonami's anime collection, I prefer the subs of what they broadcast and can tolerate funimation dubs considering they're the only ones IMO that don't suck, 4kids was only good for yugioh ~period.

Most of it is so censored and shredded up that the creators probably won't be able to recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Wouldn't have a problem with SAO if it wasn't at the 2 AM time slot.
    Because of that I've aborted the dub for now and went to Crunchyroll because I don't have 20 something weeks to watch a bad anime, and where I'm at I already see issues.
    So you're problem isn't that it's a bad anime but that it's a bad anime that airs late at night?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Big O is sure a strange choice but I will admit that I was starting to miss that dramatic theme song that plays whenever he calls the robot..
    Strange, nothing. It's the best possible choice. Let's not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    So you're problem isn't that it's a bad anime but that it's a bad anime that airs late at night?
    I don't know about the rest of you freaks, but if I'm gonna watch something terrible, I want it to be either A. on at a reasonable time when my brain can truly process the bad, or B. something I've downloaded (preferred) or bought the DVDs of.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Updates

The show replacing Eureka Seven after it ends next week is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Some episodes viewed by the network as "kiddie" or totally unimportant to the plot will be skipped. They are also looking into airing it uncut.

August 31st will be the next movie night with Evangelion 2.22.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Wasn't worth staying up til 1am to watch the dubbed SAO. I was gonna watch the first episode last week but I totally forgot, so I decided to do it this week. The voices are not worth me staying up that late every week. Oh well.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Updates

The show replacing Eureka Seven after it ends next week is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Some episodes viewed by the network as "kiddie" or totally unimportant to the plot will be skipped. They are also looking into airing it uncut.
    Are you serious? I saw that show a few years ago, it wasn't that great. I can't say I'd enjoy having it back.

In general, I don't like some of the lineup choices they've made lately aside from SAO, most of the rest of the shows have been kind of meh.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th August 2013 at 3:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Whoa, a person that doesn't hate Sword Art Online on Toonami? Now I've see it all.

Whoa, a person that doesn't hate Sword Art Online on Toonami? Now I've see it all.
    It's all right so far. Not the greatest anime ever, but still all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I surprisingly don't mind it.

lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It's a terrible show, but I'm enjoying it so far in the same trainwreck sense that I enjoyed Guilty Crown, and I don't find the dub to be the worst I've heard.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Yep, pretty much. No reason to be up so late watching something you know is going to be bad.

I have only played 1 or 2 MMO games but did anyone else feel sort of nostalgic after the first episode of Sword Art online?

As for the show itself, I have not really seen enough yet to say if it will be great or awful. I do have to LOL a bit at how casually they refer to how many people died after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    I have only played 1 or 2 MMO games but did anyone else feel sort of nostalgic after the first episode of Sword Art online?

As for the show itself, I have not really seen enough yet to say if it will be great or awful. I do have to LOL a bit at how casually they refer to how many people died after the first month.
    The first half of SAO is passable,lots of flaws but most people can look around it.
    However the second half is where you really stop giving a s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Are you serious? I saw that show a few years ago, it wasn't that great. I can't say I'd enjoy having it back.
    Well, it brings in variety and keeps something non-anime on lineup. Plus, judging by how well ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did even after being moved to 3am and 3:30am, it should do fine.

Star Wars is more popular than any anime ever will be, so I think the [adult swim] audience will tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    In general, I don't like some of the lineup choices they've made lately aside from SAO, most of the rest of the shows have been kind of meh.
    For me, the highlights of the night are Soul Eater and IGPX. This is my first time watching SAO. So far it's okay. From what I've seen though, SAO might be the most hated show on Toonami right now. (Or Bebop for an entirely different reason...)
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

SAO might be the most hated show on Toonami right now. (Or Bebop for an entirely different reason...)
    SAO isn't the most hated, it's simply hated by a vocal minority.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    SAO isn't the most hated, it's simply hated by a vocal minority.
    The popular opinion from what I've seen is that Eps. 1-3 are the best. The rest of the 1st half is okay. The 2nd half is terrible. Most everyone I see talking about it says it's mediocre at best.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

I am not a big fan of SAO but i still watch it, Toonami should start airing sequels of all their shows that ended, I only just watch the 12:00 a.m pst time slot to the 3:00 a.m pst, I do miss the old DBZ/Gundam series they ran though

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

At Otakon, it was revealed that Space Dandy has been pitched to [adult swim]/Toonami already and that they have shown interest in it. Nothing beyond that though.

http://toonamifaithful.com/space-dan...hiro-watanabe/
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

At Otakon, it was revealed that Space Dandy has been pitched to [adult swim]/Toonami already and that they have shown interest in it. Nothing beyond that though.

http://toonamifaithful.com/space-dan...hiro-watanabe/
    I will lead the hatedom on those pieces of concept art even though I don't know anything about the show itself.

Toonami needs to bring out the eureka 7 sequel, I'd prefer it over Star Wars because the show was cancelled by Disney who own star wars now so it'll probably be re runs and maybe unreleased episodes so bad choice for Toonami on that one
    Last edited by The Last Jedi; 13th August 2013 at 3:27 AM.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    Toonami needs to bring out the eureka 7 sequel, I'd prefer it over Star Wars because the show was cancelled by Disney who own star wars now so it'll probably be re runs and maybe unreleased episodes so bad choice for Toonami on that one
    It's probably not a good idea for them to run the sequel since Eureka didn't do all that well. I've also seen a lot of E7 fans say AO isn't good. (It's almost like it's treated like Dragon Ball GT) Plus, they'd have to pay to get AO. The Clone Wars is free.

I just can't see The Clone Wars as a bad choice at all. Star Wars is more popular than anything else on Toonami. And being canceled doesn't mean anything. ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did well despite being canceled, not to mention the fact that Deadman Wonderland is an incomplete show as well. Anime fans won't like it, but The Clone Wars should be able to help keep [adult swim]'s audience around, maybe even lift the ratings for all of the rerunning shows. (Big O isn't doing so good)
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Its kinda funny, back at the turn of the century, toonami was your go-to dub anime channel because had some really good stuff. heck i remember a time when they played Sailor Moon, or at least a commercial for it. Plus the fact my housemates watch it now does show its getting better again. compared to before from what i hear

It's probably not a good idea for them to run the sequel since Eureka didn't do all that well. I've also seen a lot of E7 fans say AO isn't good. (It's almost like it's treated like Dragon Ball GT) Plus, they'd have to pay to get AO. The Clone Wars is free.

I just can't see The Clone Wars as a bad choice at all. Star Wars is more popular than anything else on Toonami. And being canceled doesn't mean anything. ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan did well despite being canceled, not to mention the fact that Deadman Wonderland is an incomplete show as well. Anime fans won't like it, but The Clone Wars should be able to help keep [adult swim]'s audience around, maybe even lift the ratings for all of the rerunning shows. (Big O isn't doing so good)
    Yeah I get your point it'll be to much for then considering the ratings, I'm just not of fan of incomplete animes, but Star Wars is a good show re runs or not but hopefully it does bring about raising ratings, they need a Gundam series to make them awesomer!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast