Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 483

Thread: Toonami is doing good

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Apparently Toonami is losing InuYasha. Sym-Bionic Titan will be returning the night we lose an hour for DST at 5:30am to replace it. Soul Eater will still air that night as well, meaning Black Lagoon will still start on March 22nd.
    Oh. Well there goes the hopes of that then. XD
    Hm Sym-Bionic Titan just reminds me of that and a couple other series which took the daytime CN block which ended up getting cancelled before it properly ended. :B
    Aah almost forgot about DST, though my state doesn't recognize it.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    the boonies
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Toonami is great and all, but I can't be the only one that wishes it didn't get such a bad timeslot :[

    I barely find myself watching the new Toonami because of timeslot+seen most of what they have right now. Although Space Dandy is pretty cool.




    Maybe they will bring back Gundam one day as well...

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Blue Exorcist is looking pretty good so far. I thought that old priest would survive as a cool exorcist mentor, but nope. Neat that there was a cyborg 006-like character.




  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    the boonies
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodd View Post
    Blue Exorcist is looking pretty good so far. I thought that old priest would survive as a cool exorcist mentor, but nope. Neat that there was a cyborg 006-like character.
    nice n clean spoiler Yeah Blue Exorcist is p good. Cool that Toonami picked it up. Also the dub is not bad at all much to my surprise (Satan was really good, Mephisto too).

  5. #355

    Default

    Not sure how I feel about Inuuyasha being relieved of duty but I suppose they had to give their workhorse a break eventually. (this is just speculation but I would say that it is a safe bet that it will reappear in the future at some point)

    Symbiotic titan is not a bad choice but it already had a turn in the new Toonami. I think that it would have been better to show repeats of Deadman wonderland, He-man or even Thundercats or something.

    I can see why hardly anyone comments on One Piece, since it is practically nothing but spoilers. (great show)


    In Soul Eater they resolved the Black blood issue much faster than I expected but given the personalities involved, I guess the outcome was more or less assured.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    Toonami is great and all, but I can't be the only one that wishes it didn't get such a bad timeslot :[

    I barely find myself watching the new Toonami because of timeslot+seen most of what they have right now. Although Space Dandy is pretty cool.
    With [adult swim] taking the 8PM hour from Cartoon Network, there's a chance they might consider giving the 11PM slot to Toonami at some point. But right now, I think the only show they'd be willing to do that for would be Attack on Titan. That said, I imagine [as] wants AoT badly considering its popularity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    Maybe they will bring back Gundam one day as well...
    In a recent Q&A, they mentioned they'd like to air some kind of Gundam, but no one has the rights to any of them right now (except Unicorn). They also said they'd be interested in getting Outlaw Star again once it is available. (Thank you, FUNimation!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Inuuyasha being relieved of duty but I suppose they had to give their workhorse a break eventually. (this is just speculation but I would say that it is a safe bet that it will reappear in the future at some point)
    The deal they made to air InuYasha was done years ago, according to them. It just ran out. Jason DeMarco even said it might return one day. And, there's always Final Act.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Symbiotic titan is not a bad choice but it already had a turn in the new Toonami. I think that it would have been better to show repeats of Deadman wonderland, He-man or even Thundercats or something.
    The main reason Titan is airing again is that it's free. They weren't expecting to lose InuYasha and probably weren't prepared to replace it so suddenly. Deadman, He-Man and ThunderCats they'd have to pay to air.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  7. #357

    Default

    At the start of Black Lagoon they should put a disclaimer that says real life piracy is not cool and that everyone should not try this at home. I also think that it is sort of funny how the corporate types are made to look more corrupted than most of the "criminal" folk.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    It's official folks! Attack on Titan begins on Toonami May 3rd at 11:30PM, bumping Space Dandy reruns back to 12:30PM!

    http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/82537...ing-may-3rd-at

    11:30PM - Attack on Titan
    12:00AM - Bleach
    12:30AM - Space Dandy
    1:00AM - Naruto Shippuden
    1:30AM - One Piece
    2:00AM - Blue Exorcist
    2:30AM - Black Lagoon
    3:00AM - Naruto
    3:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    4:00AM - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    4:30AM - Samurai Jack
    5:00AM - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    5:30AM - Sym-Bionic Titan

    IGPX will be leaving.
    Last edited by voicerocker; 13th April 2014 at 4:21 AM.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Andoran
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    It's official folks! Attack on Titan begins on Toonami May 3rd at 11:30PM, bumping Space Dandy reruns back to 12:30PM!
    Thats awesome! I'm not a big fan of dubs but FUNimation did a good job on picking the dub cast! I might watch a few episodes of it just to see how well the due REALLY is. But do you think that they will have to sensor it?
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Thats awesome! I'm not a big fan of dubs but FUNimation did a good job on picking the dub cast! I might watch a few episodes of it just to see how well the due REALLY is. But do you think that they will have to sensor it?
    I'm not sure. They ran Akira 99% uncut. I don't think they'd pick up a show that would require heavy editing.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Andoran
    Posts
    274

    Default

    All they need to do now is put Evangelion on the list!
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,738

    Default

    This is unsurprising, but I'm excited for it.


    All they need to do now is put Evangelion on the list!
    I hear that the original Evangelion series is tied up in some sort of problem with who has the rights to it outside of Japan. As far as I know, Funimation's current license only covers the Rebuild movies.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    It's official folks! Attack on Titan begins on Toonami May 3rd at 11:30PM, bumping Space Dandy reruns back to 12:30PM!

    http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/82537...ing-may-3rd-at
    Well, guess I might as well go ahead and watch it when it airs, then. Been holding it off as long as I could, but since there's a dub readily available, I'm going down the route I did for Space Dandy and watch it as is. It'd be an interesting way to start off the final term of college by watching Attack of Titan on Sunday evenings.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well, guess I might as well go ahead and watch it when it airs, then. Been holding it off as long as I could, but since there's a dub readily available, I'm going down the route I did for Space Dandy and watch it as is. It'd be an interesting way to start off the final term of college by watching Attack of Titan on Sunday evenings.
    Oh nice, I was actually planning on looking at it at some point in time too, but since I noticed the announcement, I'm just waiting until then.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    It's official folks! Attack on Titan begins on Toonami May 3rd at 11:30PM, bumping Space Dandy reruns back to 12:30PM!

    11:30PM - Attack on Titan
    12:00AM - Bleach
    12:30AM - Space Dandy
    1:00AM - Naruto Shippuden
    1:30AM - One Piece
    2:00AM - Blue Exorcist
    2:30AM - Black Lagoon
    3:00AM - Naruto
    3:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    4:00AM - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    4:30AM - Samurai Jack
    5:00AM - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    5:30AM - Sym-Bionic Titan

    IGPX will be leaving.
    They should have just removed Space Dandy. I personally didn't like the 3 episodes that I watched. Or at least moved it to a time slot that doesn't mess with Naruto and One Piece.
    FC: 4485-0447-2297
    IGN: Lynx

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LynxForte View Post
    They should have just removed Space Dandy. I personally didn't like the 3 episodes that I watched. Or at least moved it to a time slot that doesn't mess with Naruto and One Piece.
    It would be a bad idea to move Space Dandy to a really late slot. It's the newest show on the block, literally. (Attack on Titan is from last year, while Dandy is a 2014 show) Plus it has new world premiere episodes coming in July, so they can't just deathslot it. And the episodic nature of the show makes it easier to get into while in reruns vs. a LONG show with one continuing story like Bleach or One Piece. It's pretty much too big of a deal to just throw away.

    =======

    Starting May 10th, Beware the Batman will air on Toonami! It will be the entire series, including the 15 episodes that did not air on Cartoon Network before it was pulled! This means Toonami will technically have 4 hours and 8 shows airing network premieres by July! It will air at 3:00am behind Black Lagoon.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I liked Naruto better when it was called Yu-Yu-Hakusho.

    3DS: 4468-0987-7537
    Neophenx Gaming YouTube
    Currently Promoting
    Pokemon Y Global Link Tournament: April Friendly Summary (Coworker Commentary)
    Posted Wednesday 2014.05.07

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Andoran
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Wasn't there a time where Toonami showed Hellsing? I only started watching toonami about a year ago (still barley watch it, I just DVR everything!)
    If they haven't then wouldn't it be nice for them to run Hellsing (granted Ultimate is better but those episodes are about an hour long). Does anyone own the rights to Hellsing?
    "I missed you too, Calcifer."
    PASBL
    ||Guild||Tumblr||League||Pathfinder

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Crimson Realm
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Would be awesome if Toonami somehow get their hands on Batman Beyond and The Batman (2004-2008). It's been long time since I last watched those broadcasted and I like those series. When Beware the Batman ends, I hope one of those 2 would replace it...

    <Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuGamer View Post
    Wasn't there a time where Toonami showed Hellsing? I only started watching toonami about a year ago (still barley watch it, I just DVR everything!)
    If they haven't then wouldn't it be nice for them to run Hellsing (granted Ultimate is better but those episodes are about an hour long). Does anyone own the rights to Hellsing?
    FUNimation has Hellsing, but I doubt Toonami would air it. They seem to want mostly newer shows now like Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and Attack on Titan. I think there's a chance we might see older Toonami classics like Gundam or Outlaw Star one day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    Would be awesome if Toonami somehow get their hands on Batman Beyond and The Batman (2004-2008). It's been long time since I last watched those broadcasted and I like those series. When Beware the Batman ends, I hope one of those 2 would replace it...
    The Hub has been cycling out Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, and Batman Beyond, so I don't think Toonami would be able to get them. Toonami originally said that DC Comics' shows were hard to get on [adult swim] since most of them are made for a younger audience, so DC seems to not want them on [adult swim] at all. However, with the cancellation of Young Justice and other shows being tied to low merchandise sales from kids' toys, it might be possible that DC will decide to create more adult oriented content. I know I've seen plenty of the DC movies get promoted on [as] from The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War. If DC is fine with promoting them on [as], I don't see why they can't air them there as well.

    If Beware the Batman does well on Toonami, I expect more DC content on the block in the future. Young Justice would be a wonderful addition to Toonami.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  21. #371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    The seed was used to create Gun Gale Online, which is the game that will be focused upon in SAO 2 (There is also UnderWorld, though I'd be surprised if that showed up in SAO 2), which should air at some point this year.
    Not that I want to hype it but I will be patiently waiting for this to air on Toonami. (My guess will be within at least 2 years)


    Batman is technically not animu (I am somewhat sure) but the Batman series that I have seen in the past do pass the quality test, so I suppose the new rule should be that Toonami is allowed to show anything animated so long as it is not bad..

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Not that I want to hype it but I will be patiently waiting for this to air on Toonami. (My guess will be within at least 2 years)
    Considering that the first season ended on Toonami a few months ago, It would probably be better to air it sooner rather than later while the series is still fresh in people's memory. Either that, or they should rerun Season 1 at some point and then go straight to Season 2. Shame about the timing really, it would've been more convenient if they could've just done the same thing they're doing with Space Dandy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Considering that the first season ended on Toonami a few months ago, It would probably be better to air it sooner rather than later while the series is still fresh in people's memory. Either that, or they should rerun Season 1 at some point and then go straight to Season 2. Shame about the timing really, it would've been more convenient if they could've just done the same thing they're doing with Space Dandy.
    SAO II wasn't announced until after Toonami already started airing the first season. Space Dandy was pitched to [adult swim] early last year, so that whole deal was pretty much set way before it started airing. You could argue that Space Dandy was actually MADE for Toonami.

    Personally, if we're talking about a show from Aniplex, I'd much rather they air Kill la Kill (once it gets a dub), Magi or Fate/Zero instead of SAO II. The first season of SAO didn't impress me beyond good animation.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

  24. #374

    Default

    My first impressions for Attack on Titan:

    Quite obviously intended for mature viewers. (LOL)
    It has got loads of drama.
    I guess living life in a pre determined and contained area could get boring eventually. At least, it would cost a massive amount of resources to expand or upgrade the huge walls, so I could imagine overpopulation becoming an issue at some point. (ignoring the events of the first episode that is)

    The only part about it that makes me kind of sad is that there is practically a 0% chance that someone on the show will release a Kraken. (sigh)
    Otherwise I say, so far, so good.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Attack on Titan. Meh. It was the anime that got me into watching anime, but I'm just not interested in it anymore. Watched the first ep last night and didn't care for it. Eren's voice was not that good, but I heard it gets better once he ages a little.

    It was funny seeing people on twitter flip their shit at the opening being shortened tho. It's like they didn't know Toonami shortened OPs.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List


Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •