Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Toonami should just Gurren Lagann all day errday. ;P

Oh, and some brilliant debating skills from the Naruto fans in here. Should I break out the /a/ copypasta?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You guy are only newbies, you'll catch on soon enough. Just because you have opinions of one thing doesn't mean someone else will agree with you 110%. And Jb has good reasons for why he doesn't like Naruto. If he was to list everything about Naruto he doesn't like, it'd probably be a big post.
    I believe mephistopheles. was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    You guy are only newbies, you'll catch on soon enough. Just because you have opinions of one thing doesn't mean someone else will agree with you 110%. And Jb has good reasons for why he doesn't like Naruto. If he was to list everything about Naruto he doesn't like, it'd probably be a big post.
    i've been here since like 2007 but i left last year and came back. it seems nothing's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Oh, and some brilliant debating skills from the Naruto fans in here. Should I break out the /a/ copypasta?
    Some of that I can believe is true. But meh. I never cared. Naruto is still entertaining to me, some of the words said in their do have idealist meaning that can work, and just in general its a fine series if you just like it. I don't think its that bad anyway, I can still understand the story and that's all i really need. I assume the reason why they got annoyed at the beginning was because it simply because someone said "oh look, naruto's coming back!" And then someone responds with "Oh. Thats a stupid decision, The story sucks and such." I'm not saying its justifiable reason to talk back like that...but choosing to bring back Naruto had nothing do with the fact the story stunk. In-fact, it technically proves by popular opinion that somethings being done right, even if that "done right" thing is something that really isn't that good for storytelling.

I honestly see as a fine decision. Just don't ****ing make it the spotlight. Thats the problem it had from what i remember. Toonami was reduced to 2 hours, and then made naruto the spotlight and half of the already short remaining time. As long as they don't emphasize it over the top (which they hopefully won't), I think it would bring even more fans just to watch naruto on TV again. Its always a good feeling to want to watch something on your TV that you've only been able to watch online or something. (Disney stopped airing it right?).

I lol'd pretty hard at the part with the trolls and fantasies thing. Its a sad truth. I guess my only differening opinion on that is that I don't mind fantasies-driven teenagers. I was once one. Ain't that half the point of watching fiction anyway? lol. I'm sympathic cause i know most people tend to grow out of it, or hell, sometimes its fun in of itself. AND I don't really like trolling and pissing people off specifically because of a set goal like that. I'd rather be nice about it, though its not like I don't understand how that would work. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    i've been here since like 2007 but i left last year and came back. it seems nothing's changed.
    Yeah, thinking of going myself.

First of all, I'm Canadian, this doesn't effect me. Second, give the people in this thread a good reason to stop complaining. Third, my taste in Japanese cartoons and comics has depleted severely thus I care less. Last but not least, they want to bring back Naruto? By all means, let them, the franchise is still popular today. If it causes Cartoon Network to lose some cash, then so be it, they'll get back up on their feet for sure.

That's about it, now both sides stop arguing and accept the facts that although sloppy, Naruto is still popular.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

They started out good. now they are gonna show Naruto...
    I want Legit Pokemon, no Hacked ones!

Pokemon I need in FireRed:
    Pokemon I need in Emerald:

Diamond Pokedex COMPLETE!

Platinum Pokedex COMPLETE!

Heart Gold Pokedex COMPLETE
    Pokemon I need in Black 2:

I'm Robert, here are all my friend codes
    Diamond Friend Code: 0261 2558 7815
    Platinum Friend Code: 1548 7339 8497
    Heart Gold Friend Code: 2151 0497 8265
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4213 7431 5164

Offering Pokerus for Gen 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by -Espada- View Post
    They started out good. now they are gonna show Naruto...
    I'll say this...If Toonami was proven to go on like it is...It would of eventually grabbed naruto at some point no matter what, even if it wasn't "now". I can give my word on that. I mean, unless the director of the network has something specifically against naruto...why not? In the end, it was the planning and the already downward spiral toonami was in that killed it. Naruto going into fillers just made everything all pitch perfect for death of a tv show host. XD
    Now assuming they don't inexplicably fail at directing it like they did around the time toonami went downhill, then it will be fine. I'm somehow taking this as "Because they grabbed naruto, toonami sucks." And some people wonder why things like toonami start to die out...Fans are the ones who indirectly pay for most of this. Just don't watch Naruto on the slot it's in if you don't like it...Again, that's assuming that they don't fail at time slots.

@parachomp I can't tell if any of that was indirectly meant for me or not. besides the obvious "Stop fighting over it guys."...Mind clarifying?
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    @parachomp I can't tell if any of that was indirectly meant for me or not. besides the obvious "Stop fighting over it guys."...Mind clarifying?
    Meant for both sides. Naruto is still very popular but as a show overall, it has little merit. Nonetheless, I don't think taking out a finished show and shifting around the time slots would hurt too much. That late, they could also air it without edits.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

well at least they are bringing back tenchi myuo,
    My pokemon Breeder Website: http://trinitybloodrules.wix.com/route3

HELP WANTED: looking for excellent pokemon breeders for route 3 pokemon breeding center, PM me

They are getting better and I can't wait for Naruto to come back

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    -____- Isnt Naruto the show that killed Toonami in the first place?
    Do you really believe that they would air a show again if it were truly responsible for Toonami's death in 2008? Think about that for a bit.

The Toonami staff has confirmed countless times that Naruto not only was NOT responsible for Toonami's death, but was one of their most successful shows, probably only behind DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Naruto is still very popular but as a show overall, it has little merit.
    I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    I don't think an anime can break into mainstream entertainment on "little merit". Shows like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach appeal to more than just your standard otaku, so there is definitely "merit" there.
    Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Overhype is something that brought Naruto to fame. It pretty much being a DBZ clone and all. It was, and kinda still is watched by mostly boys 11-16ish. Long time fans still watch but what is presented on the show hardly appeals to them. It fact, most people watching Shippuden won't even watch this. Anime streaming wasn't as big of a thing 6/7 years ago which is another reason people watched.

It does have little merit. It just kinda came at the right time. With DBZ ending around 2003 in the states, and the first saga or so being re-dubbed and aired/finished during the summer of 2005. And Naruto being aired in September of the same year, it's no wonder it caught on.
    The responses on Twitter to its return have been mostly positive. Actually, the vast majority of them are. And I'm not sure what you mean by "people are watching but it doesn't appeal to them" because it really doesn't make sense. If people are watching, something about that show has gotten their attention.

In the end, WHY it became popular doesn't matter, because a show has to stand on its own legs to make an impact. Judging from the tons of positive responses Twitter and the fact that it is still one of the most viewed shows on streaming sites, I'd say it made quite the impact.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

The original Naruto series or Shippuden? Either way I guess thats a good thing. I wish they'd bring in an uncut One Piece version onto this thing, its popular enough in a bunch of places why not?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    The original Naruto series or Shippuden? Either way I guess thats a good thing. I wish they'd bring in an uncut One Piece version onto this thing, its popular enough in a bunch of places why not?
    The original Naruto. Disney still owns the rights to Shippuden (even though they apparently aren't airing it).

One Piece is just too long to air 1 episode a week. With like 500+ episodes, it would take YEARS to finish. And I've heard people say that you have to wait for Season 3 or 4 for it to get good, which isn't a good thing.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Define merit because those three shows suck pretty hard. As did dubbed Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The original Naruto. Disney still owns the rights to Shippuden (even though they apparently aren't airing it).

One Piece is just too long to air 1 episode a week. With like 500+ episodes, it would take YEARS to finish. And I've heard people say that you have to wait for Season 3 or 4 for it to get good, which isn't a good thing.
    Naruto Shippuden is an on going series too??? It would be along time before they'd be able to catch up to Japan but for the best, than we won't have so many breaks for new episodes.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Naruto Shippuden is an on going series too??? It would be along time before they'd be able to catch up to Japan but for the best, than we won't have so many breaks for new episodes.
    English dub of Shippuden is about 2 years behind.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I have a question, will Toonami also show all the fillers after the final battle, or will that be the last episode aired?

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Define merit because those three shows suck pretty hard. As did dubbed Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!.
    Minus Pokemon, I couldn't agree more with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    For a television show, "merit" would be defined as: popularity and success. NO ONE can say DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! do not fit that description. All of those shows are still popular to this day as they are still on TV, or in Sailor Moon's case, will be revamped next year. If they sucked, no one would want to see them again.

Also, "those three shows suck pretty hard" is strictly an opinion, and has no evidence to back it up. If they TRULY sucked, they would never have broken away from the otaku and into mainstream entertainment.

The Toonami staff have stated the most requested shows to return to Toonami included: DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, and Zatch Bell.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

I'm kinda disappointed in Toonami ._.

For a television show, "merit" would be defined as: popularity and success. NO ONE can say DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! do not fit that description. All of those shows are still popular to this day as they are still on TV, or in Sailor Moon's case, will be revamped next year. If they sucked, no one would want to see them again.

Also, "those three shows suck pretty hard" is strictly an opinion, and has no evidence to back it up. If they TRULY sucked, they would never have broken away from the otaku and into mainstream entertainment.

The Toonami staff have stated the most requested shows to return to Toonami included: DBZ, Naruto, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Sailor Moon, and Zatch Bell.
    Why are people with bad tastes allowed to request things? Too many 80's/90's shows. I don't even think One Piece or Zatch Bell is fully dubbed. Sailor Moon dub was terribad. Why would people want Naruto and not Shippuden lol.

They should air FLCL again. Or Clannad or something lol.

Why are people with bad tastes allowed to request things? Too many 80's/90's shows. I don't even think One Piece or Zatch Bell is fully dubbed. Sailor Moon dub was terribad. Why would people want Naruto and not Shippuden lol.

True post.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrtyKitty View Post
    Very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    English dub of Shippuden is about 2 years behind.
    Who honestly cares. Naruto + Narutard Part 2 are bad animu. The dub is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrtyKitty View Post
    Well, with a limited budget, you can only expect so much. But considering the amount of shows they've gotten and the fact that they expanded to 6 hours, they've done really well.

"Bad taste" is an opinion and doesn't change the fact that all of these shows (except maybe Zatch Bell) are very popular, though most want them back purely for nostalgia for the "real Toonami".

They never said how many people wanted Shippuden, but I'm guessing there were plenty to go along with the requests for the original. Either way, it doesn't matter since they can't get Shippuden until Disney drops it.

Clannad? People are already demanding Tenchi Muyo! GXP be taken off the air. I could only imagine the backlash if they pick up Clannad...

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Who honestly cares. Naruto + Narutard Part 2 are bad animu. The dub is even worse.
    Opinion. You can't argue with success.

And yes it is my OPINION, but the dub does not suck. The acting is not bad, and the voices fit the characters pretty well. Is it perfect? No. Nothing is perfect. But is it terrible? No. I've heard FAR worse. Dig up some of the earliest dubbed anime.
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Do they still say loopy fist?

The yeah. if that is how you define merit then it would have merit.

Popularity doesn't reflect quality. And yes, they do suck.

Zatch Bell? Ew.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast