Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Compared to how it was at the start, Samurai 7 sure got dark near the end. Also did anyone else get the feeling that Konbae looks like a water tribe person from out of a different show?
    No. And Kambei should've died.

A few days ago, Aniplex posted a poll on their Facebook page asking which of their shows would the fans like to see on Toonami. The choices are (with their current number of votes):

Blue Exorcist - 138
    Fate/Zero - 366
    Madoka Magica - 375
    Sword Art Online - 187
    Magi - 50
    Oreimo - 31
    Vividred Operation - 19
    Blast of Tempest - 14
    Oreshura - 5
    Gurren Lagann - 248

The top 2 are Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica. Fate/Zero hasn't been dubbed yet or is in the process of being dubbed, so chances are that it won't be available to them just yet. Madoka Magica has a big obstacle keeping it from being on Toonami: the moe character designs. Casual viewers are more likely to laugh at the cutesy-ness and change the channel than give the show a chance. Plus, you really need to get to episode 3 to get to the true plot, so for a block primarily aiming for the 18-34 casual male demo, Madoka may not be the best choice. (it would fit cuz it has plenty of action though).

Gurren Lagann is the only solid fit on this poll, and since it's slightly older, it may have the best chance. I also vaguely remember Jason DeMarco tweeting that he'd like to see GL on Toonami one day, but that was WAY back either right before or right after [adult swim] officially brought Toonami back.

I did laugh at some of the choices on the poll though. Some of them aren't action shows at all, but got several votes anyway!

So, which show would you vote for?
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

I'm pushing for Fate/Zero.

Isn't Fate/Zero going on the Neon Alley this spring? Doesn't that mean it can't go on Toonami?

But Gurren Lagann, **** yeah. It should on there all the time really.

People who voted on that obviously have no clue, Vivid Red should have gotten every vote.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Tis a shame that Toonami isn't avaliable with my provider; damn you Access. In any case though Fate/Zero does seem to be an interesting choice to bring over here.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    People who voted on that obviously have no clue, Vivid Red should have gotten every vote.
    You like it more than Madoka and OreImo?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    You like it more than Madoka and OreImo?
    I like it's fanservice more than Madoka or OreImo's fanservice.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Blue Exorcist - 138
    Fate/Zero - 366
    Madoka Magica - 375
    Sword Art Online - 187
    Magi - 50
    Oreimo - 31
    Vividred Operation - 19
    Blast of Tempest - 14
    Oreshura - 5
    Gurren Lagann - 248
    Here's the poll for reference. My thoughts?

Why is Oreimo, Oreshura, and Madoka on the list. Don't they know that people who watch Toonami don't watch good shows like moe. As said, as soon as they see the cute design they're gonna flip the channel, thus giving the show a bad wrap in the U.S or wherever.

Blast of Tempest, Blue Exorcist and Fate/Zero I find meh but with F/Z and BE being a little better.

Vividred Operation and Magi are shitty shows. But I watch FiM so what do I know?

This leaves Gurren Lagann as the only logical answer. I've never seen it but I heard many good things.

From what I see, no one really likes SAO. They're just watching because everyone else is. The same people that praise it are the same ones bashing it. I don't know where it falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    From what I see, no one really likes SAO. They're just watching because everyone else is. The same people that praise it are the same ones bashing it. I don't know where it falls.
    SAO is an interesting one. It has decent characters and fighting. But the pacing is borderline terrible and some of the things the characters say makes me want to stop watching anime altogether. It basically ranges for Okay to horrid. I basically just watched it for the lols. The main character is pretty good.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

When they said this it made me laugh (I quote wiki from the toonami page)

New episodes of Bleach began on January 26
    Bwhahaha,

But on a more serious note I hope they play stuff like mawaru pengiundrum, star driver, robotics; notes, Stein's; gate, stuff like that.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I like SAO, and so do a lot of other people, the vocal minority are the ones who bash the hell out of it.
    My Anime List

This leaves Gurren Lagann as the only logical answer. I've never seen it but I heard many good things.
    This needs to be remedied.

I agree, JB needs to hear some bad things about Gurren Lagann.

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    My Anime List

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    How anyone can claim to be a man after saying this is beyond me.

SAO is one of those rare shows where I can't actually see why people like it so much. It may just be because a Gary Stu kicks butt in a virtual reality MMORPG.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Wow the hate I'm seeing in this thread is actually pretty hilarious. I like the argument, posted by BOTH sides, that one lacks merit because their show "sucks" for fact. Just agree to disagree, but don't push your opinion as fact, because it just makes you look stupid.
    My Y Team:

Akriloth@ dude what you just said is stupid is the whole point of a forum, for people to express they're opinions regardless of what other people may think, and if you think it makes them look stupid, you're even more so.

Why is Oreimo, Oreshura, and Madoka on the list. Don't they know that people who watch Toonami don't watch good shows like moe. As said, as soon as they see the cute design they're gonna flip the channel, thus giving the show a bad wrap in the U.S or wherever.

Blast of Tempest, Blue Exorcist and Fate/Zero I find meh but with F/Z and BE being a little better.

Vividred Operation and Magi are shitty shows. But I watch FiM so what do I know?

You're like my brother from another mother, but then again this is how anime got a realy bad wrap in north america the first time around (it's like they got the series with the lowest ratings and decided to sell it here, zoids). I'm gonna warn you Gurren Lagann (even though it may look good) is annoying to watch, I agree with jolteon91, Gurren Lagann sucks.

You know I find that this seems to be a war from old anime watchers like myself and youngins who watch anything because they're addicted to it like a smoker wants to smoke a cig (that and my favorite definition of twihards can finally come into play here "they wouldn't know a good book if it punched them in the face"). Then again I come from an older generation of anime watchers where when they made good anime there was a noticeable difference, where as to nowadays *face palm*.
    Last edited by ven?; 18th February 2013 at 5:19 PM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    Wow the hate I'm seeing in this thread is actually pretty hilarious. I like the argument, posted by BOTH sides, that one lacks merit because their show "sucks" for fact. Just agree to disagree, but don't push your opinion as fact, because it just makes you look stupid.
    I totally agree with everything you said. :P I hate Toonami though because all the shows just really aren't that good. e.g. Tai-Chi- Fighter whatever it's called. It's kind of a Redakai ripoff (even though Redakai sucks too.)
    Last edited by Victini-V; 18th February 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    Dat cute Victini. Wanna squish dat thing.

I don't know why. Everyone here has listed reasons why they don't like the show they do. If not liking a show and suggesting a better one makes you stupid then everyone in the world is an idiot.

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    It's gotten old and rusty. Then again, I want a full block of Cowboy Bebop on Toonami/similar and am currently rewatching X, and have been watching Zeta Gundam and some other nineties series with friends, so basically

I don't know what the **** I'm talking about

massive revelation i'm sure

i bet ya'll are just like

at this

Anyway. None of these options hugely appeal to me, but I've never seen Blue Exorcist before, and what I know of Vividred Operation just looks like complete and utter overkill on "certain fronts."
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Jolteon91 wasn't being serious when he said that Gurren Lagann sucks. He only says things like that to troll CC#06.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    Oh you. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    Someone's taking this too seriously~

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    I'm gonna warn you Gurren Lagann (even though it may look good) is annoying to watch, I agree with jolteon91, Gurren Lagann sucks.
    You however are just plain wrong.

You know I find that this seems to be a war from old anime watchers like myself and youngins who watch anything because they're addicted to it like a smoker wants to smoke a cig (that and my favorite definition of twihards can finally come into play here "they wouldn't know a good book if it punched them in the face"). Then again I come from an older generation of anime watchers where when they made good anime there was a noticeable difference, where as to nowadays *face palm*.
    Ha ha, what am I even reading?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Jolteon91 wasn't being serious when he said that Gurren Lagann sucks. He only says things like that to troll CC#06.
    Thanks for clarifying, it seems some people didn't get it.

Ha ha, what am I even reading?
    I feel like this is exactly what I should expect from this section.

Thanks for clarifying, it seems some people didn't get it.
    It's kind of impossible to tell if he's serious or not about 82% of the time. I mean, he apparently likes Lucky Star.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 18th February 2013 at 7:59 PM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Gurren Lagann sucks.
    Gurren Lagann has an average to somewhat below average OST.

Isn't Fate/Zero going on the Neon Alley this spring? Doesn't that mean it can't go on Toonami?
    I doubt most of Toonami's base have even heard of Neon Alley.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast