Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    So then does anyone know what the odds are of Toonami regaining the weekday afternoon time slots? (But that might be tough with Adventure time and those other shows floating around)
    Zero. DeMarco has stated that he's happy with Toonami where it is and it won't be returning to Cartoon Network proper.

While I'm here, here some more details about One Piece coming to Toonami that were just announced:
    http://funimation.tumblr.com/post/47...ck-on-may-18th

IGPX also returns on April 28th, at 2am, along with Toonami's new look and a new TOM.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    IGPX also returns on April 28th, at 2am, along with Toonami's new look and a new TOM.

Thought it was April 27th since Cali would still be like 11pm unless you are going from the Seattle time (since that is where Toonami is done I heard in that case yeah the 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Ew, Naruto. I'd have preferred Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin.
    Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin are some of my favorites as well. I enjoyed both.

Wasn't a big fan of the new TOM last time. Hoping his new design is still pretty good. Probably because I'm too accustomed to his helmet covering his face again. XD.

I do agree with your thoughts in your blog about CN and Toonami, man. It has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Right, because they would totally have the dub made for children on Adult Swim -__-
    Agreed.

Anyway, the 4Kids OP has been over for...seven years now? It's hard to even find full scenes of it anymore. They'd probably show the FUNi dub, if anything (which is a good thing when it comes to OP, IMO).

I did like Marc Diraison as Zoro, though.

I still like Sabat more, though.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th April 2013 at 4:26 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

One Piece will start airing on May 18th, replacing Tenchi Muyo! GXP. They decided to start it at Episode 207 with FUNimation working on recap pieces that will be aired as well. And apparently, FUNi is also letting people know Eps. 1-206 are available on their site. The long-term lineup will look like this:

12:00am - Bleach
    12:30am - Naruto
    1:00 am - One Piece
    1:30 am - Soul Eater
    2:00 am - IGPX
    2:30 am - Eureka Seven
    3:00 am - ThunderCats 2011
    3:30 am - Sym-Bionic Titan
    4:00 am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    4:30 am - Cowboy Bebop
    5:00 am - InuYasha
    5:30 am - InuYasha
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Shonen Jump finally took over the most viewed parts of Toonami.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Thought it was April 27th since Cali would still be like 11pm unless you are going from the Seattle time (since that is where Toonami is done I heard in that case yeah the 28th
    The 27th is still Saturday. 28th is Sunday, when IGXP would technically be airing EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Wasn't a big fan of the new TOM last time. Hoping his new design is still pretty good. Probably because I'm too accustomed to his helmet covering his face again. XD.
    http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/47712...om-5-is-coming

I do agree with your thoughts in your blog about CN and Toonami, man. It has a ways to go.
    Those were my thoughts before Toonami actually returned. So far, it's been better than what I expected. CN is of no help, since the folks at Toonami are doing everything out of their own time and money.

They'd probably show the FUNi dub, if anything (which is a good thing when it comes to OP, IMO).
    There'd be no way to air the 4Kids dub, anyway. 4Kids' rights for the series expired. FUNi already redubbed the episodes 4Kids did (and skipped). Either way, we're starting with the Davy Back Fight arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Shonen Jump finally took over the most viewed parts of Toonami.
    This is nothing new. If it wasn't Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, YuYu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin, it was Naruto and One Piece. Now we have the former Big Three. Toonami always had major views from the Jump series'.
    Last edited by Chris; 14th April 2013 at 12:51 PM.

This is nothing new. If it wasn't Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, YuYu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin, it was Naruto and One Piece. Now we have the former Big Three. Toonami always had major views from the Jump series'.
    I forgot all about those three. I guess I was hoping for something more interesting this time around.

The new era of Toonami is here...

O, hai SARA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EJtukAORLw
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

i still dont like funimation dub voices for one piece >.< but anything beats 4kids

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i still dont like funimation dub voices for one piece >.< but anything beats 4kids
    You're nuts.

heard it already still cant stand frankys voice >.< sogekings voice is cool but meh

Well, they're bringing back One Piece...and I couldn't be happier because it's uncut.

Oooooh.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Palamon View Post
    Well, they're bringing back One Piece...and I couldn't be happier because it's uncut.

Oooooh.
    atleast its funimation dub and not 4kids. but i still would rather watch the sub

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    atleast its funimation dub and not 4kids. but i still would rather watch the sub
    Thank goodness for that! Guess they know how much fans hated the 4Kids version and love the Funimation version so they went with the later one.
    All these One Piece promos on for Toonami is giving me a warm and happy feeling inside meXD

That is intresting now that some of you have already talked about this, the big three on Toonami, has this happened before? I can't remember

When was Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami? Must have missed that too. I only remember Dragon Ball Z, than again I was a big fan of that series back than and would stay tuned to watch it whenever it was on so.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Thank goodness for that! Guess they know how much fans hated the 4Kids version and love the Funimation version so they went with the later one.
    All these One Piece promos on for Toonami is giving me a warm and happy feeling inside meXD

That is intresting now that some of you have already talked about this, the big three on Toonami, has this happened before? I can't remember

When was Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami? Must have missed that too. I only remember Dragon Ball Z, than again I was a big fan of that series back than and would stay tuned to watch it whenever it was on so.
    i remember ruroni kenshin on Toonami i dont remember bleach on it tho ;o so who knows. atleast one piece will be back :P sucks for people who stopped watching and now have to start 200 episodes in hah

I hope they really bring back the FUNimation One Piece, NOW.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    I hope they really bring back the FUNimation One Piece, NOW.
    they are bringing it back? its not a joke haha

Don't know why people would think that it wouldn't be FuniPiece. They have the rights to it after all.

Bleach was never on Toonami in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Don't know why people would think that it wouldn't be FuniPiece. They have the rights to it after all.

Bleach was never on Toonami in the U.S.
    Oh yah, for some reason it was always on Adult Swim wasn't it? Wonder why?

HA It will take newbie One Piece fans forever to catch up, than again look at Naruto.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Oh yah, for some reason it was always on Adult Swim wasn't it? Wonder why?
    More violent, harder to censor than the other two.

HA It will take newbie One Piece fans forever to catch up, than again look at Naruto.
    There's a recap episode somewhere around there.

English dub One Piece, its been a while. Now all we need is something from the 80's and our line up will be complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    wow the dub came out faster then i thought it would

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast