Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by Durian Seed View Post
    Sword Art Online to Air on Toonami
    oh god

edit: https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...29376648146944

oh god no
    Last edited by Vernikova; 24th May 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Heaven forbid a massively popular show like SAO would air on TV.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

They could of done way better. I'm actually tired of companies airing whats "popular", instead of giving other shows a chance to get popular. This helps no one.

well, maybe their wallets but w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    They could of done way better. I'm actually tired of companies airing whats "popular", instead of giving other shows a chance to get popular. This helps no one.

i wonder if attack on titans will be put on toonami in the future but idk it seems a little to dark for toonami

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

At the end of the day any TV station/block is concerned with ratings. A popular show like SAO will get this ratings.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i wonder if attack on titans will be put on toonami in the future but idk it seems a little to dark for toonami
    Deadman Wonderland says hi

The funny thing is that when Aniplex asked people months ago which of their shows folks would like to see premiere on Toonami the most, SAO ranked BELOW Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann and even Fate/Zero.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The funny thing is that when Aniplex asked people months ago which of their shows folks would like to see premiere on Toonami the most, SAO ranked BELOW Madoka Magica, Gurren Lagann and even Fate/Zero.
    I guess since America consists largely of gamers, they probably took that into account. If they did Madoka Magica, a lot of people would be turned off because of the magical girl aspect and lies at the beginning. For Gurren Lagann, mecha isn't very popular here as well. And I can't vouch anything for Fate/Zero since I haven't watched that. I'm sure they're trying to please more people than just the average anime watcher.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Heaven forbid a massively popular show like SAO would air on TV.
    For a minute, I was thinking of all of the different ways to reply such a retarded post. Someone expresses a dissenting opinion of a network airing a show and this post pops up. I mean, wow. This poster goes out of the way to state the obvious and essentially says "this show is popular so you can't complain about it airing on television."

That settles it guys, you can't express a negative opinion about a network airing a show if it's popular. Of course, if you want Jolteon stating obvious things like popular shows get to air to TV then by golly go for it. And yes Jolteon, that is what you just said. You tried to be clever by saying "popular shows get to air on TV." Congratulations.

Of course, this is Alt Anime. I shouldn't expect much so this is probably going over your head Jolteon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    I guess since America consists largely of gamers, they probably took that into account. If they did Madoka Magica, a lot of people would be turned off because of the magical girl aspect and lies at the beginning
    People watched Sailor Moon though. All they gotta do is make a promo with scenes from later in the series and bam.

For Gurren Lagann, mecha isn't very popular here as well.
    Nope, no excuses. It should be Gurren Lagann. Hmph.

I'm glad to see Toonami doing so well, I hear ratings for the big shows like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach had the best ratings on that block.
    Guess new shows being added eh? I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

What are you talking about? Toonami's always had a history of airing mecha shows because they did well enough to bring in ratings. Robotech and Gundam Wing helped bring in more mecha anime when they aired on Toonami and the first Eva Rebuild movie did so well that it's helped push both Blu-rays into the constant top 10 selling anime Blu-rays on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'm glad to see Toonami doing so well, I hear ratings for the big shows like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach had the best ratings on that block.
    Guess new shows being added eh? I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?
    War on Geminar would be a challenge, seeing as how it's normally 40/45 minutes long per episode. It was originally an OVA series.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What are you talking about? Toonami's always had a history of airing mecha shows because they did well enough to bring in ratings. Robotech and Gundam Wing helped bring in more mecha anime when they aired on Toonami and the first Eva Rebuild movie did so well that it's helped push both Blu-rays into the constant top 10 selling anime Blu-rays on Amazon.
    Really? Then maybe it's more of a local thing.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Toomani brought One Piece.....toomani is the best thing on T.V

when i first saw they where bringing it back,i just yelled

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I know that new Tenchi show is on that list right?
    Tenchi GPX ended its season a little while ago. In the finale there was a scene where the main dude and a few other people needed to make the spaceship lighter, so they took their clothes off. (I dunno something like that) It was a fairly strange show but how could you not like it when some of the original characters made guest appearences?

Without giving too much away, how does Sword Art Online compare to something like .Hack? (which I vaguely remember seeing bits of a long time ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Without giving too much away, how does Sword Art Online compare to something like .Hack? (which I vaguely remember seeing bits of a long time ago)
    sword art online is good for the first half but alot of people tend to dislike the 2nd half. i enjoyed the whole thing. its just really rushed. it fits 2 arcs in 25 episodes when one arc couldve fit that whole 25 episodes

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    sword art online is good for the first half but alot of people tend to dislike the 2nd half. i enjoyed the whole thing. its just really rushed. it fits 2 arcs in 25 episodes when one arc couldve fit that whole 25 episodes
    25 episodes for Aincrad-arc would have felt dragged out if you ask me....

All in all it's(SAO) a mediocre-to-good class shounen animu;;

Toonami needs to air more Gundam.

Even if that were true, Gurren Lagann is one of the most popular mecha anime, and probably one of the most popular anime overall. I think the exception can be made.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    how could you not like it when some of the original characters made guest appearences?
    Because it's awful. Guest appearances can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Because it's awful.
    So true that it hurts!

I still get the feeling that something is weird with Inuyasha holding on to 2 slots. Not that I am complaining but it is almost like Toonami is keeping one time spot open just in case, for some unkown reason. I am probably just reading too much into it but I thought the scheduling was odd since both Naruto and One Piece have such huge reserves of episodes to go through.

Sword Art Online Slated for July 27 on Toonami - News - Anime News Network
    Adult Swim's Toonami block will premiere the Sword Art Online television anime series on July 27 at 2:00 a.m. EDT/PDT. SAO will be replacing Thundercats in the time slot. Toonami also announced it is adding the second season of Big O in 3:30 a.m. in Sym-Bionic Titan's current time slot.
    And there you have it. Bit odd that they're starting from the second season of Big O, though.

Gotta stay fly, gotta stay strong, we be ace ready all day long

Going to watch that show so I can mock it in a group. Basically, it's going to be given the Bleach treatment except with slightly more colors added in.

Big O has been cycled so often I doubt anyone is going to care at that hour. They're probably high if they're watching Big O at that hour in 2013 though.

Well, it's probably the earliest a good anime comes on Toonami. [Insert "BOOM!" as needed.]
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Yamato View Post
    Bit odd that they're starting from the second season of Big O, though.
    They co-produced Season 2, so they own it and can run it at any time. Season 1 is stuck like all the other Bandai titles.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast