Thread: Oh Jenny Oh Joy Which one will they keep?

Default Oh Jenny Oh Joy Which one will they keep?

So I just realized in BW Joy and Jenny got a new design. My question is once Ash leaves Unova and goes wherever he may go next will we get a new design the same or go back to the Gen 1-4 versions? Which would you want? TBH I do miss the old ones but don't hate the new ones at all. I like how Jenny in Unova is like a blue haired Ellen Degeneres

If the next few regions are close to Unova the way the first four region were, they'll probably stick with the new designs.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

One women man is what I wanna be....but there are 2 perfect girls for meeeeee

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

They'd probably redesign them again to look like whatever the next game's counterparts look like, but I'd certainly like it if they used the classic design again. Nobody's really complained about it so why not? If it makes the anime only slightly more original than the games, then I say go for it.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Oh I've tried, and I've tried, And I've searched way deep inside, these two I Can't choose, I can't stand the bad news, about the name of the girl that I'm gonna lose! D:
    They'll probably keep the new design I think. :3 But I like the old one better personally ^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I love this song! I miss Brock I wonder how he would have reacted to the new designs.

As it was said before, if the next region is closer to Unova it would make sense to keep the design. I would hope they use the older designs if not though

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Well, I guess unless the next region is also said to be "far, far away" from the old ones, the classic design will return.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    Oh I've tried, and I've tried, And I've searched way deep inside, these two I Can't choose, I can't stand the bad news, about the name of the girl that I'm gonna lose! D:
    They'll probably keep the new design I think. :3 But I like the old one better personally ^^;
    A one-woman man's what I wanna be! But there's 1, no 2! No, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ssssoooo many! Perfect girls for mee-eeeee!
    i personally like nurse joys unova look over her other regions

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    A one-woman man's what I wanna be! But there's 1, no 2! No, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ssssoooo many! Perfect girls for mee-eeeee!
    All right!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    They'd probably redesign them again to look like whatever the next game's counterparts look like
    Actually, looking at the relevant pages on Bulbapedia, it seems like the Center nurses in the games only started to look like Nurse Joy after a couple of generations... In other words, the games are getting the design from the anime, not the other way around.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

The new designs for Joy & Jenny are awful. I prefer the 1-4 ones much better. Though to be honest, Nurse Joy lost her essence when she got a new VA. The old VA really suited her.

Lol @ "Two Perfect Girls" reference in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The new designs for Joy & Jenny are awful. I prefer the 1-4 ones much better.
    To be honest, though I haven't sat down to watch a Best Wishes episode, I was a bit turned off by the design changes as well. But thinking on it some more, it makes sense for a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny to look different compared to the other Joys/Jennies in the Pokémon world. I honestly think they should've had slight changes for every nurse and officer in each region. We still know who they are because the basic designs are still there (next to their uniforms), but at least the change would feel a little more natural.

Though to be honest, Nurse Joy lost her essence when she got a new VA. The old VA really suited her.
    Haven't heard the new VA for Nurse Joy yet, so I can't really comment on this, except that ever since I watched Higurashi, I keep imagining a Nurse Joy going psycho at least once :3.

So anyhoo, to answer the OP's question, a slight change in design for each new region is fine as long as the more important aspects aren't suddenly removed (like Nurse Joy's trademark hair loops).
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Too bad Brock never ended up with neither of them. Glad i wasn't the one thinking of the song from 4kids lol. They will probably keep the same design to not add much, and work better there.

The World God Only knows