Thread: All greek to me (A OU team)

Default All greek to me (A OU team)

Hello folks. First RMT. (Hard to think of stuff to put here). Please rate.

+Keldeo

The team name comes from a pun that I always wanted to use. And then the pokemon had the names of the first 6 greek letters. So enjoy

Alpha (Archeops) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Defeatist
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Probably in RU for its ability, but the sheer power of archeops makes him very useful. Acrobatics and flying gem is its signiture move. Coming in at a very high base power, it can cause mayhem for most of the metagame, especially against venusaur and other grass types, and fighting types as
    well. stone edge stops volcarona, kyurem black and others. earthquake has that Quake-edge synergy. It also destroys heatran (see later). U-turn lets it scout.

EVs are to let it attack quick and hard. It it has any bulk invested, defeatist may activate, which is bad.

It still has problems with scarfed pokemon, since it can be hurt and then defeatist activated. scizor is a pain, since bullet punch destroys it.

Beta (Xatu) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Roost
    - Stored Power
    - Heat Wave

This guy is VERY good. Can't be roared. No status moves. Stealth rock is deflected! This guy is crucial in my team, as a support, and a sweeper (possibly). Calm mind boosts his destruction. Roost is to let him heal, and can be used to null thunderbolt, ice beam and stone edge, due to the loss of flying type. Stored power after a few CMs destroys most pokemon. Heat Wave is this guys secret weapon. Good bye scizor (is he switched in), ferrothorn, forretress (after 2 hits), ect.

EVs give him a good physical bulk, as he is expecting to boost his sp. att with CM.

He falls prey to heatran and Ttar, so needs to be aware. also, most physical attackers can cause mayhem with this guy.

Gamma (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 100 Atk / 216 SAtk / 192 Spd
    Mild Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Roost

I used to go with special hydreigon, but when this set was posted in the POTW forums, at first i thought it was awefull, but then it dawned the usefulness of this, so i wanted to use it. In this team, he is very fitting. Chansey and blissley switch, and are smashed to the ground by super power. Draco meteor is crazily powered, though stat drop is a little disappointing. Fire blast for scizor, ferrothorn, forretress, skarmory, ect. Superpower hits special walls ,who switch in, a good thumping. Roost is so he can last a little longer.

EVs are for a mixed attacker, with more investment into SP att, to allow fire blast to destroy and draco meteor to hit like a nuke. ATT is to OHKO Max def blissley , and hopefully, evio-chansey.

Genesect is a problem, but this may change due to the possibility of the uber treatment (in that case, i need a genesect replacement, see below at zeta) also, fast fighting types and volcarona are a pain, as they can attempt to OHKO it.

Delta (Salamence) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Fang

Moxiemence is a powerful ally. with dragon dance, it can outspeed most foes, and KOs most foes. Outrage causes a sting to most foes, and after moxie boosts, it hurts even more. Earthquake is for steels and rock types. dragon dance is boosting, and allowing to sweep. fire fang is to destroy forretress and scizor. Life orb to cause more damage, and have versitility.

EVs to allow it to outspeed, and cause hefty damage. Jolly to outspeed, since ATT is boosted by moxie.

Epsilon (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

This little pony is destructive, and can cause mayhem, even though he lacks in the moves department. The signature move, secret sword, allows him to attack special walls, and destroy them. Hydro pump decimate most that doesn't resist it. Icy wind is for garchomp and landorus, as well as other dragons: salamence and dragonite. The speed drop is supporting Xatu and Hydreigon, so that foes are slower. HP ghost is to prevent jellicent from walling it.

EVs are so that it hits hard, and, as it's speed is remidied by the choice scarf, since it has a modest nature

Zeta (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Toxic

A suggested physical wall. Very useful for stalling. Earthquake is so it isn't taunt bait. It also takes down steels and terrakion with decent damage. Protect is to spam poison heal, and also Toxic stall foes. Substitute is there for toxic stalling, and for allowing it to evade damage. Toxic is for giving toxic.

EVs are to outspeed quite a few threats, and, and remainder in physical bulk. this gives it a decent physical bulk. Levitate and flying users, mainly steels, are a pain to this guy. Toxic orb is to activate the qbility quickly.

OK so there it is. Rate, and advise to your hearts contempt.

Spoiler:- Pokemon not in the team anymore:

Spoiler:- export:

Philzone...
    Last edited by philzone; 28th November 2012 at 6:25 PM.

This team seems really offensive. Xatu is literally your only defense. Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon and Archeops (especially Archeops) don't take hits very well and Genesect, just meh. It is fast as lightning, but ScarfSect can be really predictable too. I used to run it on my Steel team, but after testing MixSect I found it worked better. Much. However, as it will probably end up Uber and you need some defense (unless this is intended to be Hyper Offense, not sure....) (an Electric resistance or immunity would be great as you have three Electric-weak Pokemon in Keldeo, Xatu and Archeops), I recommend Gliscor for this role. Xatu can cover you Specially with CM, but you've got no real answer to a physical attacker that outspeeds you.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

This can give Jirachi and Breloom a run for their money as far as the single most annoying Pokemon in OU goes. 2 turns heals off your Sub cost, which Protect helps with. They combine to form a very nice staller that can wear the opponent down as much as it needs with Toxic. Earthquake prevents you from being Taunt bait and hits Steels that are immune to Toxic. Pretty straightforward.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    This team seems really offensive. Xatu is literally your only defense. Keldeo, Infernape, Hydreigon and Archeops (especially Archeops) don't take hits very well and Genesect, just meh. It is fast as lightning, but ScarfSect can be really predictable too. I used to run it on my Steel team, but after testing MixSect I found it worked better. Much. However, as it will probably end up Uber and you need some defense (unless this is intended to be Hyper Offense, not sure....) (an Electric resistance or immunity would be great as you have three Electric-weak Pokemon in Keldeo, Xatu and Archeops), I recommend Gliscor for this role. Xatu can cover you Specially with CM, but you've got no real answer to a physical attacker that outspeeds you.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic

This can give Jirachi and Breloom a run for their money as far as the single most annoying Pokemon in OU goes. 2 turns heals off your Sub cost, which Protect helps with. They combine to form a very nice staller that can wear the opponent down as much as it needs with Toxic. Earthquake prevents you from being Taunt bait and hits Steels that are immune to Toxic. Pretty straightforward.
    Thanks. I'll try straight away. Some points. Opponent gliscor levitate/flying steels and flying/levitate users are laughing at the set. Good one though =D

now Genesect has gone, tornadus-t under rain owns this team. need a counter. possibly a replacement to infernape
    Last edited by philzone; 27th November 2012 at 7:43 PM.

You can definitely run Ice Fang over Toxic, but Toxic helps more in my opinion. As far as your Tornadus problem, Archeops can take it with Stone Edge but I think Torn is faster.

Countering Tornadus isn't something I know well because I'm either using Rain, Steel or Sand usually and all 3 handle it reasonably well (I was always surprised how easily my Steel team beat it xD)
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    You can definitely run Ice Fang over Toxic, but Toxic helps more in my opinion. As far as your Tornadus problem, Archeops can take it with Stone Edge but I think Torn is faster.

Countering Tornadus isn't something I know well because I'm either using Rain, Steel or Sand usually and all 3 handle it reasonably well (I was always surprised how easily my Steel team beat it xD)
    Archeops is slower, but defeatist activated from 1 hurricane.
    Venusaur is causing some havoc. Might add a skarmory, scizor or metagross into the mix, or a weather setter.
    Last edited by philzone; 27th November 2012 at 8:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Archeops is slower, but defeatist activated from 1 hurricane.
    Venusaur is causing some havoc. Might add a skarmory, scizor or metagross into the mix, or a weather setter.
    Archeops has pathetic defenses, so, yes, Hurricane will easily activate Defeatist.

If you decide to go with a weather team, go with Rain and replace Infernape. Genesect an Keldeo in particular enjoy the Rain. Run Bug Buzz over Flamethrower on Genesect unless you really hate opposing Genesect, Ferrothorn, and Scizor, and maybe run Thunder > Thunderbolt if you choose to run Rain.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

OK folks changes:

1. Genesect is removed for the moment, and gliscor replaces him.
    2. Infernape has left, and have added salamence.
    3. added export, for those who want to test the team.

Problems now are ICE moves. Gliscor might need changing (skarmory?)
    Last edited by philzone; 28th November 2012 at 6:26 PM.

The team is extremely Ice weak, 3 200% weak and 2 400% weak, the only thing that can resist ice attacks is keldeo which is weak to grass, meaning you nead an abomasnow counter

I make youtube videos: http://youtube.com/macki2k

Quote Originally Posted by macki2k View Post
    The team is extremely Ice weak, 3 200% weak and 2 400% weak, the only thing that can resist ice attacks is keldeo which is weak to grass, meaning you nead an abomasnow counter
    keldeo can strike back with secret sword, and there may be a swap for gliscor soon... so less ice disadvantages.

Definitely need a replacement to gliscor or salemence

I make youtube videos: http://youtube.com/macki2k

Personally, I would suggest forretress over gliscor. This team needs something to absorb ice attacks and rapid spin could help pokemon like archaeops out a lot.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Rotom-W. Counters your Tornadus weakness and Ice weakness.