Thread: Fire red team

Default Fire red team

My first thread + post ever.

I have a game going on Fire Red and my team so far is,

Charizard lvl 45
    Persian lvl 42
    Nidoking lvl 38
    Lapras lvl 26

I just finished up at Silph Co and I'm in need of some team suggestions?
    Once I beat the Elite 4 my girlfriend and I battle each other to see what we've come up with and I tried some new ones out on this game, Persian being one of them.

What were some of your best teams on Fire Red? No trading either it's purely Pokemon obtainable in Fire Red, thanks!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/r73imr.jpg[/IMG]

Current Game: Fire Red
    I made the banner and numerous Pokemon gifs.

Well it would help alot if you could give me your current movesets. Charizard is a solid Pokemon and I don't think Arcanine is better so you got the best fire non legendary on your team. Nidoking is good aswell with poison point and I myself always had a Nido on my team. Persian is an ok Pokemon but I don't really suggest it. I mean it's got a killer move pool but your lacking types. You could keep Lapras or switch it out with Starmie (think Starmies in FR), they're both good Pokemon plus Starmies Psychic type as well. Vapreon's a good choice too. If you decide to keep Persian that leaves you with 2 more slots. If you keep Lapras I would go for Jolteon or Raichu, and so is Electabuzz. Electric Pokemon are VERY useful in the Elite Four. It's up to you for which electric they both evolve by Thunder Stone. Your last Pokemon should be either a Psychic or Flying. Hypno is a good addition to your team and so is Pidgeot or Fearow. You could also use a grass if you don't want flying Vileplume is good.

This was my best in game FR team

Charizard
    Sandslash
    Vaporeon
    Electabuzz
    Hypno
    Vileplume

That team may not look too good but it never lost in game.

If you got any questions just VM me
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Thanks, I'm lacking severly in the movesets atm because I'm debating so much on who I really want, but

Charizard has Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Slash and Metal Claw,
    Nidoking has Thrash, Peck, Poison Sting and Double Kick
    Persian has Scratch, Cut, Bite and Faint Attack
    Lapras has it's default attacks Mist, Body Slam, Confuse ray and I just gave it surf now.

It's pretty ugly right now but once I get an idea of a team it will look better. Starmie is a good idea, I haven't used one in years. I have a low level Pikachu in the PC and haven't touched Eevee since getting it but I've always liked Jolteon. So i'll keep those in mind, thanks!

Oh and as for grass, I have a gloom that I had before that could evolve anytime with my stone but I was leaning towards maybe Exeggutor since I've never used one + the psychic aspect.

Don't forget you can get Electabuzz at the Power Plant. He's a beast if running Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Thunderpunch, and Psychic. If Jolteon go with Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Rain Dance and Thunder I guess. Gen III physical and special moves are different so it's harder. For Starmie go Surf, Psychic, Recover, Thunderbolt
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Don't forget you can get Electabuzz at the Power Plant. He's a beast if running Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Thunderpunch, and Psychic. If Jolteon go with Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Rain Dance and Thunder I guess. Gen III physical and special moves are different so it's harder. For Starmie go Surf, Psychic, Recover, Thunderbolt
    Decided to go with Electabuzz since only 5 battles in he came across, got lucky since he only appears they say with a 5% chance. Have you ever used scyther or tauros? I've caught every pokemon in the safari zone and I've never really used any of them. I'm still debating on Persian since he's my destroyer of psychic and ghost but other than that he's semi useless.

Scyther's a really good physical attacker but better evolved. I'd only recommend Scizor in Gen IV tho. Tauros is a good physical attacker too but personally I think Persian is better.

This is your team so far, or soon to be team from what I've gotten so far
    Charizard
    Nidoking
    Persian
    Maybe Starmie
    Electabuzz if you catch it.

These are the movesets that work best with each Pokemon

Charizard - Flamethrower, Earthquake, Slash, Fly.. Flamethrowers a STAB move, Earthquake takes out Electric types which is one of his weaknesses, also takes out Rock types I believe. Slash a good critical hit, and Fly's another good STAB move, better than Wing Attack

Nidoking - Sludge Bomb, Brick Break, Megahorn, and Rock Slide/Iron Tail. Sludge Bomb's a good STAB move, Brick Break takes out Ground types which is one of his weaknesses, Megahorn takes out Psychic which is another weakness, and Rock Slide Iron Tail are good moves to have.

Starmie - (I gave the wrong one on mistake) Ice Beam, Surf, Psychic, Recover. Ice Beam will help against Lance and also covers Grass weakness, Psychic takes out Grass as well and Ghost types. Surf is a STAB move and takes out lots of types and Recover is a health gainer when needed

Electabuzz - Thunderpunch, Thunderbolt, Ice Punch (if you wanna breed) and Light Screen. Thunderpunch and Thunderbolt are both good STAB moves, Ice Punch (if you wanna breed) will cover Ground weaknesses, and Light Screen to increase Sp. Def when needed.

As for 2 other Pokemon I'd go Exeggutor and Hitmonchan/Lee
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation