Thread: Team Fire in the Rain

Default Team Fire in the Rain (Wifi OU Rain team)

"Now, see the sun coming out
    From behind the darkest clouds
    Say goodbye to the storm
    As it moves across the sky
    See the fire burning brighter
    Than it ever has before
    Move in close, touch the flame
    Burn like fire in the rain"
        Spoiler:- Agent Orange - Fire in the Rain:

Hey there, me again with another CRMT. I've always hated weather teams, but recently I've been wanting to try a Rain team. Of course, being myself, I had to put some sort of creative twist into it, so I decided to try and use a Fire type with my team. One Fire type I see a lot on Rain teams is Volcarona, so I build a Rain team around Volcarona. Here we go...

Politoed @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 HP, 4 Speed
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Grass)

We've all seen this set, most of us have used it... Specs DrizzleToed, an excellent way to open any team. Rain boosted STAB Hydro Pump takes massive amounts of health off anything that doesn't resist it, and even quite a few things that do resist it. Ice Beam hits most of what Hydro Pump doesn't, with Hidden Power (Grass) for Gastrodon. Focus Blast lets him win weather wars with Tyranitar and Abomasnow.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Def
    -Bulk Up
    -Substitute
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch

Typical Rain Toxicroak, abusing Dry Skin + Leftovers + Drain Punch for maximum survivability. Bulk Up makes him bulkier and boosts his already good offenses, while Drain Punch heals him and Sucker Punch gets perfect coverage alongside Drain Punch. Substitute eases predictions and blocks status, plus lets him stall out things like Ferrothorn and boost off them.

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Agility

AgiliGross loves the rain, and I love AgiliGross. Q.E.D; I'm using AgiliGross. Agility boosts his rather poor Speed to a very respectable level, from which he can sweep. Meteor Mash is a powerful STAB with a chance to boost his already amazing Attack. Earthquake gets coverage on opposing Steel and Fire types, while Ice Punch hits Dragons, Landorus, and Gliscor hard.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Hurricane
    -Quiver Dance
    -Bug Buzz
    -Roost / Giga Drain

Volcarona is a great Sun counter, and finds a niche in my team with a 100% accurate Hurricane, STAB Bug Buzz, and Quiver Dance. Roost heals off Life Orb recoil as well as other damage, but I'm thinking of running Giga Drain to hit Water types and do more or less the same thing.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defence, 56 Sp. Def
    -Scald
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Protect

There's 3 spinners that are viable in the rain, and my spinner of choice is Tentacruel. While he lacks Starmie's sweeping prowess and some of Blastoise's bulk, the ability to set up Toxic Spikes is invaluable to my team. Scald also is fun for the chance to troll Burn some physical attacker or another. Protect can scout moves and gets a free turn of Rain Dish / Leftovers recovery.

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Volt Switch
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunder
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

Thundurus-T gives me an important Electric immunity, as well as a free Ground immunity, but that's relatively inconsequential to my team. Volt Switch lets him scout targets and hop to a counter, while Thunder lets him sweep late-game. Hidden Power (Ice) if I predict an incoming Gliscor trying to soak up a Volt Switch, or for revenging Dragons, and Focus Blast lets me lead with him against Tyranitar (and get KO'd by Stone Edge after it misses).

So that's it, enjoy the superstandard Rain team.
    Last edited by Divine Retribution; 11th December 2012 at 1:54 AM.
    If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Hey Divine Retribution/Sevensevens, cool team here! I don't know why you think that your team is standard, 'cause Rain Volcarona, Nasty Plot T-T, Metagross and Toxicroak are pretty rare threats.

So on to the rate. The first problem that I notice is that you have no Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is absolutely essential for a team like this one, because it will help your sweepers get the KOs they need.
    I think that Metagross is somewhat of a weak point, so you could replace him with Ferrothorn. This gives you a rock solid FerroCruel defensive core. Ferrothorn can also Thunder Wave to slow down threats so Thunderus-T can sweep. 4 set-up sweepers on a team without SR support is kinda pushing it anyway. I suppose you could also change Metagross for a more defensive set and give him Stealth Rock as well.

I tested out the team briefly, and you have a bit of a problem because of your lack of Speed, Priority, or Bulk. Dragonite after a Dragon Dance can OHKO the entire team as can Tornadus-T once Metagross is weakened or taken out by Dugtrio. This is easily fixed by adding a Choice Scarf Thunderus-T. I know you are going to hate losing the power, but Volcarona and Toxicroak can still sweep well, and having a revenge killer to take out Dragonite, MoxieMence, and Tornadus-T proved incredibly useful. Just add Volt Switch over Nasty Plot and you are good to go. This loses you a bit of wallbreaking power, but I found the speed helped so much more.

Good luck with the team, hope I helped!

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

On with what Superstar said, Scarf Thundurus-T>Nasty Plot Thundurus-T
    to outspeed some major threats. I feel if Thundurus-T and Metagross are down, Tornadus-T sweeps your team. I honestly don't his Tornadus-T's counters, so another reason for Scarf Thundurus-T I suppose?

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Tested Scarf Thundurus-T, I'm actually thoroughly impressed on how well this thing works, replacing my current set. Now I'm trying a few other Steel types (Ferrothorn and Magnezone chief among them) over Metagross.
    If the dark is just a thought, then the light is in your mind
    The lies we tell ourselves ruin the world with time
    Did you feel the way I felt?
    Did you kneel the way I knelt?
    Or did you look up and stare, waiting for your acts of prayer?
    Oh, won't you listen to reason?

10 hour ear orgasm, courtesy of Gamefreak

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/