Thread: Razor Wind's New OU Team

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Wind View Post
    Seem to make sense to me, I will think of it later. So what do you think about my other Pokemon and the overall team?
    I will get to the other Pokemon. I am confused as to who your 6 Pokemon are, though. Are the "new challengers" just subs in case your team has a flaw?

For now, I'll give Machamp/Chansey/Latios/Gengar/Jirachi/Donphan my rate. I like this team a lot better than what you first posted, given you now have a defensive core (Donphan + Chansey), and other Pokemon with Life Orb now have access to Heals via Wish.

I already gave Machamp a rate: he really needs Bullet Punch to help beat Focus Sash leads. Also, give him that EV spread I sent you, so that he can survive Azelf's Psychic (assuming it's not Modest). Use Leftovers if you pick Substitute as your 4th move. Lum Berry if you choose Protect or Stone Edge. This is where you get to choose according to who walls the rest of your team.

Chansey's moveset and EVs are fine. Her moveset is also good. Ghost Pokemon with Taunt/Substitute will wreck her, though. That means, you need something to solidly take care of Ghost types (not just Gengar - your own Gengar takes care of him well enough). A pursuit user would be a good partner for this Chansey.

Gengar and Latios work well together, since Gengar can take down Pokemon like Chansey, allowing Latios to sweep. Your Gengar, however does not have enough to take down Chansey, since he lacks Disable/Pain Split.

This Gengar would be better for you, IMO.

Gengar@Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

OR

Gengar@Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
    - Substitute
    - Disable
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

Basically, I understand why you used Psychic on Gengar, but it isn't necessary. Disable is there for Pokes like Conkeldurr, and Pain Split for Chansey.

Now for your Latios:

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate (Ground moves are immuned)
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
    - Psychic Psyshock, for bypassing special walls if their Defense is low
    - Thunderbolt An alternative would be HP Fire, for Scizor with Pursuit (he murders you otherwise). You still kill things like Skarmory, too.
    - Surf
    - Draco Meteor

--> If you use HP Fire, that means you can basically give Jirachi Trick in place of Fire Punch. Trickscarfing onto walls is a great way to setup your Pokemon, or to bypass those walls in general. Jirachi's full potential as a Choice Scarf user is unlocked in that case.

And a note on the Nature for Jirachi: use Jolly. You need to be able to outrun +1 Speed (Dragon Dance used once) Haxorus, whose Mold Breaker EQ murders most of your team.

So, use this Jirachi:

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: Same
    - Ice Punch
    - Iron Head
    - U-Turn/Thunderpunch
    - Trick

Donphan is standard, and helps you with your lack of Physical Wall + Dedicated Rapid Spinner + SR user. So that's good now.

So, your Choice now. Pursuit, to kill ghost types who Wall Chansey? Your Scizor would actually be a good candidate. The team is mostly fixed now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    I think your calc probably hasn't included paybacks power doubling effect, because that seems a very low ammount of damage for machamp vs azelf, azelf being very fragile. Payback can OHKO gengar and do 60% to azelf, seems unlikely. I would expect paybck to OHKO (focus sash) then bullet punch to do 1 HP.
    You're probably right about that. http://kalashnikov.pokecenter.ru/damage/ is the damage calculator I'm using; it does have an option for Payback, "Defender is slower than Attacker." But, that doesn't necessarily mean that Machamp has been hit first or not. So, that's with Azelf not using an attack first turn it seems like.

Either way, Focus Sash Azelf will still have 1 HP left, meaning it's a 2HKO with Payback, Bullet Punch.

Without Bullet Punch, you are KO'd by Azelf. That Machamp needs Bullet Punch (with those SpDef. EVs, too).
    Last edited by Hayabusa; 30th November 2012 at 2:23 AM.
    I don't play my DS anymore, I just battle on Shoddy as Hayabusa54/Testingstuff54.