Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 731

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,619

    Default General Video Game Discussion

    Welcome to the General Game Discussion thread. This thread is specifically designed to talk about any release on any console that you like, as a lot of games go talked about, or sizzle out in their own respective threads very quickly. Firstly, here's a shortlist of popular threads that already exist:

    Assassin's Creed Series Thread
    Call of Duty Series Thread
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Thread
    Final Fantasy Series Thread
    Halo Series Thread
    Kingdom Hearts Thread
    Minecraft Thread
    PlayStation Thread
    Sonic the Hedgehog Series Thread
    Steam/Valve Thread
    Tales Of Series Thread
    What is the Most Recent Achievement/Trophy You Have Unlocked?
    What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?
    Xbox Thread (defunct)

    Of course, you're free to discuss any of these topics here, but they will likely be less intense due to the leniency of the general topic. As for creating threads, feel free to do so if you think your thread will gain attention. And lastly, don't forget to post in the Nintendo section for any Nintendo-related games.

    List of upcoming titles for their respective consoles (updated 07th Dec):

    Anarchy Reigns (8th Jan NA / 11th Jan EU) PS3, Xbox 360

    DmC: Devil May Cry (15th Jan) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

    Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (15th Jan NA / 18th Jan EU) PC, PS3, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360

    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (22 January US 2013 25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

    Dead Space 3 (5th Feb Na / 8th Feb EU / 15th Feb AU) (7th Feb for PC AU Release) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (19th Feb NA / 22nd Feb EU) PS3, Xbox 360

    Tomb Raider (5th Mar) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

    God of War: Ascension (12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Mar for NA, EU, AU, and UK respectively) PS3

    Gears of War: Judgement (19th Mar) Xbox 360

    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (26th Mar NA / Mar 29th EU) PS3, Xbox 360

    Dead Island: Riptide (23rd April NA / 26th April EU) PC, PS3, Xbox 360


    And those are some of the main titles with release dates. If I've missed out any (which I inevitably have), feel free to let me know and I'll add it straight in.

    ----------

    Hello brb
    Last edited by Rezzo; 26th January 2013 at 3:50 PM.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Ooooohh DS3 do want ;n; even tho i still need to finish the second game but still D:

    I've been tossing and turning at the idea of getting Black Ops2, mostly for the zombie aspect lol but not sure if i really want it for christmas or not ;n; I've also been wanting to get some horror games for awhile that i might pick up for myself, heard Condemned 1&2 is supposed to be good?? And also considering getting a few good old ps2 games that I used to own (haunting ground, fatal frame 2 blahblah)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Welcome to the General Game Discussion thread.
    I remember the first attempt of this thread. It was so awesome that we ended up killing our old Mod, I got banned and everyone who posted got infractions, ah fun memories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Anarchy Reigns (8th Jan NA / 11th Jan EU) PS3, Xbox 360

    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (19th Feb NA / 22nd Feb EU) PS3, Xbox 360
    Anyone who loves Platinum Games I strongly demand that you buy there games, especially Anarchy Reigns the game cost only Ł20!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    DmC: Devil May Cry (15th Jan) PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    I have no comment about DmC: Devil May Cry, but why buy this game when you know that Bayonetta 2 is being made, well unless you don't want to buy a Wii U.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Dead Space 3 (5th Feb Na / 8th Feb EU / 15th Feb AU) (7th Feb for PC AU Release) PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    I so want to play the Dead Space series but I don't want to support EA or have to bother with their Origin bull crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Tomb Raider (5th Mar) PC, PS3, Xbox 360
    "Me man, you woman I am gonna rape you so hard!"

    Although I have never played a Tomb Raider game before. I might get this game when the price drops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    God of War: Judgement (12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Mar for NA, EU, AU, and UK respectively) PS3
    It's called God of War: Ascension, not Judgement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    And those are some of the main titles with release dates. If I've missed out any (which I inevitably have), feel free to let me know and I'll add it straight in.
    I will just them add it here;

    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (22 January US 2013 25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

    Zone of the Enders: HD Collection (30 November 2012 EU and UK) Xbox 360, PS3

    Tales of Xillia (TBA 2013 EU, US and UK) PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Being the thread bearer, I feel I should get the discussion going, so, tell me what you have on your Christmas wish list.
    What you assumed that everyone has a Christmas wish list?! Sir I am offend by that I demand that you call it a holiday list.

    Nah I am just kidding, seriously it's just a word, now although I don't have a "Christmas wish list" I do have a list of games to buy, which as of now has gone 6 pages in. ;_;

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Batman: Arkham City
    I still need to pick that game up, it's getting harder staying spoiler free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    what you want from big ol' Santa Claus this year!!
    Mega Man Legend 3 but somehow I doubt that old Sandy Claws powers goes that far.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 29th November 2012 at 1:52 AM.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Oh lord, this again.

    Video game wise this Christmas I plan on picking up ACIII, it looks better than Revelations at least.

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    God of War: Ascension (12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Mar for NA, EU, AU, and UK respectively) PS3
    Fixed. Bugged the heck outta me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3
    Speaking of Ni No Kuni, is anyone else here upset that it's only being localised for the PS3? I'm assuming that a lot of people have a PS3 anyway, but as someone who only buys Nintendo handhelds and consoles, I'm a bit iffed by the fact that the DS version isn't being localised, whatever the reason may be, especially since it looks like such a good game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Oh lord, this again.

    Video game wise this Christmas I plan on picking up ACIII, it looks better than Revelations at least.
    So much better than Revelations imho, tho still sort of sucked in certain areas :c

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Probably only going to buy Mass Effect 1 on PS3, the downloadable one. I've been wanting to play this game for a very long time.That's the last game for this year. Need to save up some money for next year. The Last of Us & Sly Cooper, and maybe Tomb Raider... my already small wallet will feel even smaller after this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Speaking of Ni No Kuni, is anyone else here upset that it's only being localised for the PS3? I'm assuming that a lot of people have a PS3 anyway, but as someone who only buys Nintendo handhelds and consoles, I'm a bit iffed by the fact that the DS version isn't being localised, whatever the reason may be, especially since it looks like such a good game.
    It was originally released for the PS3 in Japan. So why would Namco localised a 360 version as well?

    Beside the game would have bombed on the 360 market, since it just filled with shooters, sports games, kinect games, WJRP and Western games.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /b
    Posts
    3,731

    Default

    All right, so when can start derailing this thing?
    Btw, banking on a Vita for Christmas.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    6,006

    Default

    Not really games, but a monitor, a 660 TI graphics card, and a power supply
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebs View Post
    So much better than Revelations imho, tho still sort of sucked in certain areas :c
    Good, because I played a bit of Revelations at a friend's house and didn't like it at all. I can get through a couple boring parts =)

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It was originally released for the PS3 in Japan. So why would Namco localised a 360 version as well?

    Beside the game would have bombed on the 360 market, since it just filled with shooters, sports games, kinect games, WJRP and Western games.
    I meant the DS. It was originally released on the DS and PS3 in Japan. Don't know where you're coming from here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I meant the DS. It was originally released on the DS and PS3 in Japan. Don't know where you're coming from here.
    My fault entirely I didn't read the quote fully and assumed that you were asking about why it isn't being released on the 360.

    However Level 5 and Nintendo never intended to localize the DS version since quite simply it wouldn't be cost effective as they would have to translate the book as well.

    If you want to play the game you would have to buy it on the PS3 or miss out on playing it.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Honestly, I would like Persona 4 Golden. However, I lack a Vita and I don't see many good games on the vita either. I don't want to buy a console just for one game.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    pOtato
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Gears of War again? I thought that the ended it at three. Is it at least a prequel to the series?

    Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,130

    Default

    I just ordered MGS4 and Red Dead Redemption through Amazon, they'll be arriving on Friday. I'm gonna have a good weekend.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Gears of War again? I thought that the ended it at three. Is it at least a prequel to the series?
    Yes, it's a prequel.

    I plan on picking up GOW Judgement eventually, now that I think of it. One of the games that I got recently was ACIII. I'm up to Sequence 5 and it's starting to pick up a little bit. The beginning was kind of boring imo. I'm probably going to get the Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle during the holidays. Never played any, so having them all in one seems pretty cool.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

        Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:




  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    God of War Ascension is also a prequel.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I started playing The Walking Dead game today, it's really good.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    I discussed my Steam grabs on the Steam thread. Definitely loading down on ports of the classics, yes.

    Anyone on this board ever played the Commander Keen games?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I started playing The Walking Dead game today, it's really good.
    I already said this in the GCT, but I think it deserves GOTY. That or Halo 4.

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    I already said this in the GCT, but I think it deserves GOTY. That or Halo 4.
    Honestly, Halo 4 was amazing at first.... but then it began to disappoint me. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad they brought back the BR but when it was first released and you played the same thing on 2/3 maps... it was ridiculously boring after a while.

    I have no desire to play it after about a week.

    But dis game would be an awesome contender and probable winner for GOTY for an XBLA game or PC ..short game.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3, and Metro: Last Light all deserve to be in the OP imo.

    Also, my friend just indefinitely lent me his copy of Skyrim. To quote him, "I just did not like it, so you could borrow it forever and I wouldn't notice". Gon' be guuuuuuuuuuuud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Anyone on this board ever played the Commander Keen games?
    I played a couple levels from the first game on DOSBox. It was pretty fun, once I turned off the sound.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Dead Space 3 (5th Feb Na / 8th Feb EU / 15th Feb AU) (7th Feb for PC AU Release) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (19th Feb NA / 22nd Feb EU) PS3, Xbox 360
    Getting these for sure when they come out. God of War looks like more of the same so it can wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I remember the first attempt of this thread. It was so awesome that we ended up killing our old Mod, I got banned and everyone who posted got infractions, ah fun memories.
    Pretty much, fun stuff.

    Anyone who loves Platinum Games I strongly demand that you buy there games, especially Anarchy Reigns the game cost only Ł20!
    So that's what? $30 Canadian? Sounds great, I LOVE me some Platinum and I've had my eye on this since it was announced. Thought about even importing but it was expensive.

    why buy this game when you know that Bayonetta 2 is being made, well unless you don't want to buy a Wii U.
    I really wanna play Bayonetta 2 but I don't want to buy a Wii U for it. So I'll wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    All right, so when can start derailing this thing?
    Btw, banking on a Vita for Christmas.
    Same here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Good, because I played a bit of Revelations at a friend's house and didn't like it at all. I can get through a couple boring parts =)
    I didn't like most of Revelations but the Altair missions and the last quarter of the game were good.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •