Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm apparently going to have to play that game (well, Demon Souls). It's hanging over me like a ghost, but I'm a bit scared of the punishment I might be in for. I worried I'll be running headfirst into a cascade of failure, although I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get to it or it will bother me forever.
    The whole point of the Souls series is to improve and learn from your mistakes, so you can continue on with the game. It's punishing, but it does it in a way that forces you to learn. Sure, it's frustrating to lose all those hard-earned souls, but once you've beaten that boss that killed you so many times, the end result is extremely satisfying.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Am I the only one who is not looking forward to dark souls 2, I think it is as generic as it comes. Its like a toned down Dantes Inferno.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    Am I the only one who is not looking forward to dark souls 2, I think it is as generic as it comes. Its like a toned down Dantes Inferno.
    Yes, let's judge gameplay based on a single, pre-rendered trailer.

Anyway, as some of you may have heard, Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't directing the game, but instead supervising. The new directors plan to make it more straightforward and understandable. http://www.edge-online.com/news/intr...s-ii-unveiled/

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stick with the Souls series' core mechanics. I mean, I played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and I thought that as brilliant Demon's Souls was, it was of confusing with the hub and all the levels, and Dark Souls was more straightforward with the whole Metroidvania layout, but still kind of confusing in terms of direction. It could be in taken in a different context, language barriers and all.
    Last edited by Artorias; 8th December 2012 at 3:38 PM.

Did you play Dark Souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Did you play Dark Souls?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Yes, let's judge gameplay based on a single, pre-rendered trailer.

Anyway, as some of you may have heard, Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't directing the game, but instead supervising. The new directors plan to make it more straightforward and understandable. http://www.edge-online.com/news/intr...s-ii-unveiled/

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stick with the Souls series' core mechanics. I mean, I played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and I thought that as brilliant Demon's Souls was, it was of confusing with the hub and all the levels, and Dark Souls was more straightforward with the whole Metroidvania layout, but still kind of confusing in terms of direction. It could be in taken in a different context, language barriers and all.
    Honestly I didn't find much good about demon souls either. Sure it had "original and challenging gameplay" but it just seemed clunky and not polished to me. I believe Japan should stick to Jrpgs rather then try and make wrpg.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Dark Souls II confirmed.

HOLY ****!
    And then I still fail to find anything worthwhile about the VGAs.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Jesus fruck. SO MANY FEELS IN TWD GAME. AHH.

Finished episode 4. I legit don't even want to finish it because of one of the characters.....
    Don't want to say anything spoiler-ish, but it is amazing. Finish what you need to do.

Yes
    So you should know that it's hardly anything like Dante's Inferno.

Good news everybody.

Crapcom is actually celebrating Megaman 25th Birthday with Megaman X Street Fighter!

Bad new though it's a Fan made game meaning Crapcom didn't bother doing anything, hence why it's free.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Good news everybody.

Crapcom is actually celebrating Megaman 25th Birthday with Megaman X Street Fighter!

Bad new though it's a Fan made game meaning Crapcom didn't bother doing anything, hence why it's free.
    Okay, now somebody make a Mass Effect fan game to make up for ME3's ending to punish Electronic Assholes!

Honestly I didn't find much good about demon souls either. Sure it had "original and challenging gameplay" but it just seemed clunky and not polished to me. I believe Japan should stick to Jrpgs rather then try and make wrpg.
    Wait, I said Demon's Souls was a bad game? I said I thought it was pretty polished in terms of gameplay, but the layout was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    Don't want to say anything spoiler-ish, but it is amazing. Finish what you need to do.
    D8 I read something non-spoilery somewhere online and I think I know what's going to happen and with the outcome of Episode 4 I just.. like.. AHH.

Was going to bring my o.g. xbox upstairs and play Conker: Live & Reloaded all night in my bed. It's 9:30 and I messed up that plan.

Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

lol. Subtle. I wonder why they didn't announce this formally though.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Good news everybody.

Good effort Crapcom. (Go to hell.)

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Surprised nobody said anything about Tha last of us looks great and ill buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So you should know that it's hardly anything like Dante's Inferno.
    I was more referring to theme and feel of it. And in gameplay there are some similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Wait, I said Demon's Souls was a bad game? I said I thought it was pretty polished in terms of gameplay, but the layout was confusing.
    I didn't suggest you said it was good or bad I was merely stating my distaste for it. :P

anywho two new rpgs coming in 2013 which I cant wait for are Nino no Kuni and Tales of Xillia. ANd then you have fire emblem awakening which looks like its at lease better then shadow dragon was.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 9th December 2012 at 2:19 PM.

I was more referring to theme and feel of it. And in gameplay there are some similarities.

I didn't suggest you said it was good or bad I was merely stating my distaste for it. :P

anywho two new rpgs coming in 2013 which I cant wait for are Nino no Kuni and Tales of Xillia. ANd then you have fire emblem awakening which looks like its at lease better then shadow dragon was.
    I really wish I had a ps3 JUST so I could play Xillia. At least BlazBlue: CP will probably come to consoles next year. What're v=everyone's thoughts on Megaman X Street fighter? While I would've liked a regular Megaman game more, I'm glad Capcom is at least doing something unique and unexpected for the Blue Bomber. If I can, I'll probably get it.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    ho please the release date hasn't even been released yet

disregard this, it comes out on may 7
    Last edited by Paradoxe; 9th December 2012 at 8:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I really wish I had a ps3 JUST so I could play Xillia. At least BlazBlue: CP will probably come to consoles next year. What're v=everyone's thoughts on Megaman X Street fighter? While I would've liked a regular Megaman game more, I'm glad Capcom is at least doing something unique and unexpected for the Blue Bomber. If I can, I'll probably get it.
    Its worth noting that megaman can't be in anymore capcom games due to guy leaving capcom and taking the rights to megaman with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    I'm interested, but I haven't even played the Uncharted games yet. This looks more of my style though, so I'll wait for more gameplay and reviews.

Its worth noting that megaman can't be in anymore capcom games due to guy leaving capcom and taking the rights to megaman with him.
    At least Inafune (Megaman's creator) is now working with Team Ninja on a new Ninja Gaiden game: Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z. It's a cel-shaded Ninja Gaiden game where you play as one of the guys Ryu Hayabusa has killed in his career and you seek revenge on him while fighting zombies along the way. It's bizarre to say the least, but it piqued my interest when I saw some screenshots.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    At least Inafune (Megaman's creator) is now working with Team Ninja on a new Ninja Gaiden game: Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z. It's a cel-shaded Ninja Gaiden game where you play as one of the guys Ryu Hayabusa has killed in his career and you seek revenge on him while fighting zombies along the way. It's bizarre to say the least, but it piqued my interest when I saw some screenshots.
    Dont know about you but I'd rather see a new megaman game XD

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I'm interested, but I haven't even played the Uncharted games yet. This looks more of my style though, so I'll wait for more gameplay and reviews.
    I think the game looks good but I'm getting a feeling that it will be a short campaign and that's it, so I probably won't go out and buy it right away. Maybe a rent?

I just found out that Megaman X Street Fighter is actually a fan-made ROM hack which Capcom stole, repackaged, and sold as their own game. That's ****ing low Capcom!!! I want a ****ing apology to the fans for misleading with the idea that this was an original game.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

i dont think capcom had anything to do with it, i think the capcom part was a disclaimer so they dont get sued lol

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast