Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

Ooooooooooohh my goooooooodddddd.

I WANT IT NOW.
    Mmmmm that's looking fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    The Australian government approved the country's first R18 game.

Seriously. I'm happy for you Aussie gamers. Enjoy your mindless virtual violence.
    it's about flippin' time. Here's to hoping they get copious amounts of video game violence in the near future.

Seriously. I'm happy for you Aussie gamers. Enjoy your mindless virtual violence.

Personally I'm holding off on celebrating until this has been in effect for longer.

I still remain concerned that the people who opposed this in the first place will find a way to hijack it and manipulate it into a slightly altered version of the status quo. With lots of currently MA 15+ games being rated R 18+, and the continuation of efforts to keep 'more extreme' games out of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Personally I'm holding off on celebrating until this has been in effect for longer.

I still remain concerned that the people who opposed this in the first place will find a way to hijack it and manipulate it into a slightly altered version of the status quo. With lots of currently MA 15+ games being rated R 18+, and the continuation of efforts to keep 'more extreme' games out of the country.
    I'll accept this, but still say "Finally!". Guardedly, but I will anyway.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

They might finally get to play manhunt.

This might belong in Nintendo discussion, but

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/14/fi...tails-for-200/

HNNNNNNNGBLBLBLBLGLBLGKBLGBGLBNGLBNGLNBGLBJGBLGHBL NGBLNGBGOD.

Does anyone want to buy a DSi?

Damn, that thing looks nice.
    I'm waiting for a nice special 3DS XL to come out in the US first, though.

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I got them for my buddy's niece and nephew last Christmas, and they enjoy it. Then again, they're two and four, so pretty much anything is entertaining at that age.
    Other than Spyro looking his mother did copious amounts of drugs while she was pregnant with him, and that it seems like a cash grab, I know nothing about it.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 16th January 2013 at 6:51 PM.

seriously, skylanders is Activisions holy grail of marketing. Skylanders is a small game about the length of getting 3 badges in Pokemon R/S/E and if you want anything else its DLC, DLC and....DLC. To get the everything the game has to offer (so far) will cost you $234 (worked out by averaging prices on multiple sites and shops).

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    seriously, skylanders is Activisions holy grail of marketing. Skylanders is a small game about the length of getting 3 badges in Pokemon R/S/E and if you want anything else its DLC, DLC and....DLC. To get the everything the game has to offer (so far) will cost you $234 (worked out by averaging prices on multiple sites and shops).
    COD still makes them way more money, and it takes even less thought.

Nobody clicked my link, did they?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Nobody clicked my link, did they?
    Well maybe they would if you didn't you know gave false information. Anyway Disney Infinity/skylander is basically a scam since you aren't getting the full package unless you fork out for the marketing gimmick.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

So Pandora's Tower has been announced for release this spring by XSeed.

I am thinking of possibly getting it since it seems to be the most interesting of the Operation Rainfall games. Xenoblade was the least, kind of interesting how the games were released in the reverse order of how interested I was.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Tbh, Xenoblade should have been released last. I totally overshadowed the other two. For good reason though.

Waiting for Ni no Kuni next week but right now DMC is taking up a lot of my time. Can't wait for Revengence though next month!

Picked up the Mass Effect Trilogy today at a clearance sale for 25€. Excited to see if the games are as good they're claimed to be.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Picked up the Mass Effect Trilogy today at a clearance sale for 25€. Excited to see if the games are as good they're claimed to be.
    Prepare to be disappointed.

Skyrim's DLC is finally coming to PlayStation in February

Can't wait. I will probably get, if I can find enough pennies around this room.

The Government is trying to kill video games again, this time with HR 287.
    For those who are like LEL TOO LAZY TO WATCH XD, two things:
    1. Get out of here, and never return.
    2. Essentially it will ban the sale and distribution of any games without a rating from the ESRB, which is a private, for profit company that has absolutely no tie to the Government at all, just giving them even more power than they already have, and more than they deserve. This means Steam's Greenlight program will be considered illegal distribution, Xbox Live's Indy Games section, etc. It could also lead to more censorship in the future, and the banning of freeware games and mods, because they are unrated content.

This is the cancer killing video games.
    And don't give me that "Oh I'm not in the US, I don't care" mumbo jumbo, this effects you as well; once this passes, you can be damn sure that other countries will follow suit out of fear, because any person who picks up a video game will also pick up an automatic weapon and go on a murderous rampage.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 20th January 2013 at 9:37 PM.

Wasn't a similar ruling deemed unconstitutional a few years back?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

That was one about banning the sales of games to underaged kids. This is banning/outlawing the sale of games all together, so loopholes.

Should we care if we don't use Steam/Xbox indie? I honestly don't remember the last time I bought a game that wasn't rated by "the man". Outside of PC/Indie games, this won't matter to a lot of people.

I still oppose it though. It's stupid to stop people from playing what they want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Outside of PC/Indie games, this won't matter to a lot of people.

I still oppose it though. It's stupid to stop people from playing what they want to play.
    Except it will matter.
    Think about it, a big part of popular gaming these days is online multiplayer. However, online content isn't rated by the ESRB. Potentially, this could eliminate that completely. It also could cut into what content is and isn't allowed in video games. You like your anime games, right? Oh, that character has a weapon that looks like a gun, let's not localize it because it promotes violence, or give it a higher rating because of said violence.
    DLC will also probably be cracked down on as well, considering it will need to have a rating on it to be sold.

Of course, this is all purely speculation, but with how censorship is going, you never know.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 21st January 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Except it will matter.
    Think about it, a big part of popular gaming these days is online multiplayer. However, online content isn't rated by the ESRB. Potentially, this could eliminate that completely. It also could cut into what content is and isn't allowed in video games. You like your anime games, right? Oh, that character has a weapon that looks like a gun, let's not localize it because it promotes violence, or give it a higher rating because of said violence.
    DLC will also probably be cracked down on as well, considering it will need to have a rating on it to be sold.

Of course, this is all purely speculation, but with how censorship is going, you never know.
    Possibly. I'm sure the government can't shut down online gaming though. That would honestly put way to many people and companies out of business. Or because it isn't really..sold? Eh. All still valid points though.

Could care less about DLC though. Maybe the devs will put the whole game on the disk like they did back in the 90's.

The ESRB: Proving Corporations are bigger than the Citizens and Government since the mid-1990s.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast