Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Haven't they already said that in the past? Anyway, all I can say is that they are only doing this because they are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Oh man I'm psyched for the new Tomb Raider, I've always been a huge fan of the series. I didn't like Underworld that much but this one seems to be a lot better.
    I am literally the exact opposite. Everything I've read about the game gives me an enormously skeevy feeling about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    So I read several articles that EA is going to have microtransactions in all of their games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microtr...a-exec-6383445

Anyone got any opinions on this?
    What's that? A corporation wants more money?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    So I read several articles that EA is going to have microtransactions in all of their games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microtr...a-exec-6383445

Anyone got any opinions on this?
    Doesn't bother me since I don't buy any games that are published or developed by EA. Sadly it does mean that I don't get to try out the Dead Space series but at the game time I am not paying money toward a games that has microtransactions or deal with origin.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Doesn't bother me since I don't buy any games that are published or developed by EA. Sadly it does mean that I don't get to try out the Dead Space series but at the game time I am not paying money toward a games that has microtransactions or deal with origin.
    The only games I've purchases from EA in the past two years are BF3 and the Mass Effect Trilogy. And if this is the direction in which EA is headed they might be the last ones I'm going to buy from them.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

EA is everything that's wrong with the industry atm for me, its simply sickening. Microtransactions for multiplayer games was a big enough stretch, but making people pay for bonuses in a single player game is just wrong outside of DLC. Won't stop me from buying NFS games, unless they suddenly decide to start charging for super elite cars and only offer a limited base selection.
    BLAH

Apparently someone has already gotten their hands on the new Assassin's Creed IV trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=keQHQ2HyGNU

I was seriously expecting Jack Sparrow to pop out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    EA is everything that's wrong with the industry atm for me, its simply sickening. Microtransactions for multiplayer games was a big enough stretch, but making people pay for bonuses in a single player game is just wrong outside of DLC. Won't stop me from buying NFS games, unless they suddenly decide to start charging for super elite cars and only offer a limited base selection.
    It's going to happen eventually. EA always come out with a new ploy to make us all cringe.

It's gonna get to the point where their games become pay-as-you-play
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It's going to happen eventually. EA always come out with a new ploy to make us all cringe.

It's gonna get to the point where their games become pay-as-you-play
    I just realized for Need for Speed or other open world car games they can have sections of the OW behind a paywall. How? By using bridges and tunnels of course, you need to pay 2 bucks to pass through a toll booth!
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I just realized for Need for Speed or other open world car games they can have sections of the OW behind a paywall. How? By using bridges and tunnels of course, you need to pay 2 bucks to pass through a toll booth!
    Oh dear God. Paying real money to go through a toll booth? That's just too ridiculous for EA not to do it.

I'd just like to point out that yeah, EA sucks, but take note that Valve sells a 100 dollar virtual ring in Team Fortress.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I'd just like to point out that yeah, EA sucks, but take note that Valve sells a 100 dollar virtual ring in Team Fortress.

Food for thought.
    Sure, but does it add anything substantial to the game like some of the stuff EA does? Nope. Sim City for example would be getting a lot of play time from me, but the microtransaction killed any nothing of doing so. Might as well go for the facebook one.
    BLAH

Grr EA, blah blah blah. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Apparently someone has already gotten their hands on the new Assassin's Creed IV trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=keQHQ2HyGNU

I was seriously expecting Jack Sparrow to pop out at some point.
    I know I'm not the only one who's getting sick of Assassin's Creed games every damn year. I didn't even bother with III so I'm probably not going to bother with this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

I know I'm not the only one who's getting sick of Assassin's Creed games every damn year. I didn't even bother with III so I'm probably not going to bother with this either.
    You're ceratinly not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

III was a massive disappointment. Connor was pretty bland, while the story was boring. I regret picking III up last year, and I will probably not pick up Black Flags, even though I like the pirate theme.

I just ordered DmC off of Amazon. This could be a great early contender for GOTY 2013, or it could be a huge waste of $50. Let's find out!

The Kickstarter for the Planescape sequel is up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-of-numenera

They're getting like 1.5k a minute, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hit a million in 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I just ordered DmC off of Amazon. This could be a great early contender for GOTY 2013, or it could be a huge waste of $50. Let's find out!
    I think we all know the answer to this one.

They're getting like 1.5k a minute, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see them hit a million in 24 hours.
    This could either be the greatest thing to come out of kickstarter, or the biggest crash and burn of recent gaming history. I loved planescape, I'm assuming the people donating do to, and while I would love to see it happen, the backing its getting and the hype surrounding it might lead to all sorts of unrealistic expectations.
    BLAH

For 45 bucks you can get Tides of Numenera and Wasteland 2. I was considering doing that since at least Wasteland 2 has some gameplay out and we know it probably won't suck.

SimCity's reviews. Ahahahaha EA. This game has been one disaster after another and I'm loving it. This could potentially be the death of DRM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    SimCity's reviews. Ahahahaha EA. This game has been one disaster after another and I'm loving it.
    It get funnier when EA actually said they won't repeat the mistake that Diablo III did.

Also EA customers service is dreadful when it comes to refunding customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    This could potentially be the death of DRM.
    I doubt it, it will happen again and once again people will buy the game and thus the cycle will repeat itself.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The part about isometric viewpoint, and emphasis on combat system quality is what perked my interest. A well done interactive narrative is great, but it is even better when grafted onto a nice gameplay skeleton. I don't normally care much for most Western developed RPG's but this one looks worthwhile. I may want to pick it up if my computer can run it.

In other news I have been looking into some fighting game combat systems in more detail, particularly for SNK's games. I am pretty hyped up about trying out some of the new stuff I learned now. Now I only I could spend as much time playing video games as I do reading about them.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Supergiant Games, creators of Bastion, just announced their new game, Transistor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTik6sYT_BE

It looks beautiful oh god.

PRAISE THE LORD, JAKE RIGATONI HAS STEPPED DOWN FROM EA

/caps
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Supergiant Games, creators of Bastion, just announced their new game, Transistor.

That does look good, they obviously took a lot of inspiration from Bastion as well.

I fell in love. I just have a huge spot in my heart for such beautiful games. Definitely waiting for that.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast