Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Ooo ooh so video game wise my friend got me AC3 yesterday and the beginning was a bit boring, but now I'm really into it. Even better than 2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Number pads are soooo much cooler than number bars where do I even begin
    You can start with putting one space in between "do" and "I", and a comma after "bars".

ZIINNNNNNGGERRR

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Speaking of which, I am currently using my laptop as a desktop, with a keyboard and a mouse and a monitor, and even a desk. Is this acceptable or am I still doing something wrong?
    It's okay.
    I do the same thing, but with my TV instead of a monitor.
    I really need to get my wireless keyboard working again, so I can actually sit comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    ITT we learn that SGG is a NetHack player.
    Rogue is where it's at, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Yes, you're probably using Mac OS. -__-
    How on Earth did you conclude this with the little information I gave you? You are Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    It's okay.
    I do the same thing, but with my TV instead of a monitor.
    I really need to get my wireless keyboard working again, so I can actually sit comfortably.
    And by monitor I also mean TV. Well, I'm glad it's somewhat acceptable. (and that is a TV, I promise)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Get a PC with a good graphics card and you have a desktop. Its really the limitations of the Laptop's size that kills the power it can potentially have with a graphics card. You have everything else you could possibly need for a desktop.
    I understand that, but I need this laptop for when I move out in the near future. I didn't get it specifically for gaming, but with a bit of research I realised that it has its uses in that department.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

How on Earth did you conclude this with the little information I gave you? You are Wrong
    Magic.

Also, I was able to lower the cost of that gaming PC to $761.1 (including shipping. )-_-))

I got rid of that keyboard and mouse (I realized i'm not insane), but had to add in Windows 7. Which only leaves the speakers.

So last year I had some christmas money and was looking into picking up Radiant Historia. But it was sold out at all major retailers and goign for highly inflated prices. Sometime this year, they reprinted the game allowing people to get it at MSRP again. But I no longer had money. Now that I have money, the game is once again mostly sold out and going for unreasonable prices.

I love niche video games but I sometimes hate the market for them. You never know whether a new game will end up a collector's item or in bargain bin, so shopping for them is a bit like gambling. It's not all bad mind you, I have gotten some pretty sweet deals on great games that a lot of people overlook. But it is rather frustrating to have to worry about future market values when buying games. (especially when money is tight)

/rant

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    So last year I had some christmas money and was looking into picking up Radiant Historia. But it was sold out at all major retailers and goign for highly inflated prices. Sometime this year, they reprinted the game allowing people to get it at MSRP again. But I no longer had money. Now that I have money, the game is once again mostly sold out and going for unreasonable prices.

I love niche video games but I sometimes hate the market for them. You never know whether a new game will end up a collector's item or in bargain bin, so shopping for them is a bit like gambling. It's not all bad mind you, I have gotten some pretty sweet deals on great games that a lot of people overlook. But it is rather frustrating to have to worry about future market values when buying games. (especially when money is tight)

/rant
    I know that pain, yo.
    Like, I really do.
    One of my favorite games of all time is Neopets: The Darkest Faerie on PS2 (pls no h8). It was a really overlooked game, honestly; it's got a very large world to explore, some great art direction (it looks phenomenal for a PS2 game), a really cool OST, and while the gameplay mechanics are nothing spectacular at all, they still managed to keep things exciting. It's really a great game, but it's nearly impossible to find, especially with the original cover art. I was a fool and sold my first copy of the game, and when I finally found it again it was an absurd price, and no cover art, but I didn't know when I would find it again, so I bought it and reprinted the cover art. It's really sad when a game is really good, but you just can't find a copy of it for a reasonable price.

This is probably cliche, but on the topic of games that go for unreasonable amounts of money, Earthbound and Mother 3 are damn near impossible to find for a good price. Hell, they're not even that rare.

System Shock 2 can be kind of pricey sometimes, too, but that's not as bad.

Speaking of overpiced games I remember back around the year 2000 or so, Dragonball GT Final bout for PS1 sold for $180 at Funcoland. What's funny about that is not only was the game (re?)released a few years later and had it's price drop like a rock to $20, but apparently the is considered to be a pretty bad game. I feel bad for anyone who shelled out insane amounts of cash for the game. I actually had a friends who owned it back in the day, though he only payed $80 for it.

Watch me tumble stuff:

Overpriced video games are like, worse than cancer. fo real. Like two years ago, I was looking for some old PS2 game I really used to like, and I found it for $20 one day, and I came back to get it a month later (surprisingly it was still there) and it was $60. For an old dinosaur game. That is a pile of baloney, right there

One of my favorite games of all time is Neopets: The Darkest Faerie on PS2 (pls no h8).
    h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Force-s...s=dragon+force
    ^ Overpriced awesome right here. My brother actually sold his copy and 80 for it

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8
    omg i said pls dont h8 you are all so rood omg

omg i said pls dont h8 you are all so rood omg
    fight me irl fgt

lol u nubs i hav the bst kdr heer

ur mom lol

Mine is 8.40 AND I DONT EVEN CAMP

pls add me on XBox Network __~~~ReZZ0~~~__ no spaces
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

One of my favorite games of all time is Neopets: The Darkest Faerie on PS2 (pls no h8).
    I'm not alone after all. It was an enjoyable game.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Mine is 8.40 AND I DONT EVEN CAMP

pls add me on XBox Network __~~~ReZZ0~~~__ no spaces
    mien is [SWAG][YOLO][9GAG]XxUltimateBadass666Un0vaPussySlayer420xX[BROARMY][MINECRAFT]

But seriously, my friend moved to Brazil a few years ago, and he came back to visit this week. I was happy when I learned he had a PS3, but less happy when I learned that he had every CoD game past Modern Warfare and has 600+ hours over all the games.

Jesus Christ why.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    But seriously, my friend moved to Brazil a few years ago, and he came back to visit this week. I was happy when I learned he had a PS3, but less happy when I learned that he had every CoD game past Modern Warfare and has 600+ hours over all the games.

Jesus Christ why.
    I find people like that hilarious, because they'd probably be the first to die in a REAL war.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I find people like that hilarious, because they'd probably be the first to die in a REAL war.
    Mainly because tactics that actually make sense in a real war would probably get you killed in CoD, and vice versa.

Like, I'm sure 360 no-scopes and spawn camping wouldn't work as well in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm not alone after all. It was an enjoyable game.
    Then you have commendable taste.

The one for the PSP, PetPet Adventures, is pretty good too. Not as much exploring, but the customization and weapon options are pretty nice.
    The website itself is pretty great, too. It is perfectly acceptable for a 21-year-old to enjoy Neopets.

Jesus Christ why.
    Does he get xX [PRO]MLGXxX420 [360NOSCOPE] XXXSWAGYOLO XxX Headshots?
    Because if he doesn't he's not hardcore enough.

mien is [SWAG][YOLO][9GAG]XxUltimateBadass666Un0vaPussySlayer420xX[BROARMY][MINECRAFT]

Jesus Christ why.

It's really not any less insane as people who try to find EVERY SINGLE SHINY POSSIBLE.

Then you have commendable taste.

The one for the PSP, PetPet Adventures, is pretty good too. Not as much exploring, but the customization and weapon options are pretty nice.
    The website itself is pretty great, too. It is perfectly acceptable for a 21-year-old to enjoy Neopets.
    omg
    This game has been my hidden love for so many years and then I accidentally sold it.
    I thought no one would ever see it for its beauty ;-;

Mainly because tactics that actually make sense in a real war would probably get you killed in CoD, and vice versa.

Like, I'm sure 360 no-scopes and spawn camping wouldn't work as well in real life.
    That, and contact with military rations -- or really, any food that's not Mountain Dew or Doritos -- will cause their arteries to crystallize into a very pretty-looking yet quite gross substance that resembles peridot in appearance but is mostly made of fat.

I have never played any of the video games, but I had a huge amount of the cards, back in the day. The website has taken a massive downward turn thanks in no small part to all the ads.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Does he get xX [PRO]MLGXxX420 [360NOSCOPE] XXXSWAGYOLO XxX Headshots?
    Because if he doesn't he's not hardcore enough.
    No.

We were playing TF2 together, and he just started so he didn't have any weapons other than stock.

He chose Sniper, went in and started aiming for body shots without letting the scope charge.

I was so furious.

Anyway, which is the best purchase - Grand Theft Auto III, or Morrowind? They're on sale today on Steam, and I've heard both are fantastic.

That, and contact with military rations -- or really, any food that's not Mountain Dew or Doritos
    This made me laugh way too hard.

That, and contact with military rations -- or really, any food that's not Mountain Dew or Doritos -- will cause their arteries to crystallize into a very pretty-looking yet quite gross substance that resembles peridot in appearance but is mostly made of fat.

I have never played any of the video games, but I had a huge amount of the cards, back in the day. The website has taken a massive downward turn thanks in no small part to all the ads.
    I think they would handle military rations quite fine, since it's heavilyprocessed high calorie stuff much like their snack food and soda of choice. I was going to get some MRE's for the next anime conventionI go to until I was explained that each meal has more than an entire days worth of calories and is heavily processed.

Also I don't really know what Neopets are. (Just pointing it out.)

That said

Watch me tumble stuff:

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast