Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Another thing about the Ouya: All games will be required to have some type of F2P aspect.

Yeah, looks like Android is trying to turn the entire video game industry into South Korea. Crap games, Pay2Win(*cough*Battlefield Play4Free*cough*), Only 1-2 games are actually interesting, stupid microtransions that are made to take your money.

You know what, I say we sue Eating Anus and Actishit, take back the gaming industry, and be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Another thing about the Ouya: All games will be required to have some type of F2P aspect.

Yeah, looks like Android is trying to turn the entire video game industry into South Korea. Crap games, Pay2Win(*cough*Battlefield Play4Free*cough*), Only 1-2 games are actually interesting, stupid microtransions that are made to take your money.
    The F2P aspect on the site doesn't necessarily mean it will have micro-transactions. One of the examples they gave was having a free demo version and having to pay for the full version. The extent of how bad it is will depend on the publishers. Unfortunately this means a heavy amount of game releases by major studios will try to extract as much money as possible whether through micro-transactions, or unnecessary amounts of DLC.

And if someone was actually capable suing major game companies they would have done so already. A more practical way of dealing with it, would be to not spend money on game titles that you feel are taking advantage of consumers. But that will only really work if a significant enough number of people actually get fed up with it. (Or alternatively passing laws regarding use and ownership of software could fix some issues as well, mostly regarding DRM and Used Games)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

So last night Nvidia showcased their new mobile device, the Shield.
    The show was full of awkward moments, mostly when Steam refused to cooperate, but it actually looks pretty cool, for a handheld flamethrower.
    And, of course, no price was announced. Not even a vague idea.

Also, unrelated to anything, but I think I scored pretty well at Half Priced Books last night. Damn, I love when they have sales; got out of there only paying a little over $11 for those three.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 7th January 2013 at 7:35 PM.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT DOUBLE POSTING, THIS DESERVES IT'S OWN POST.

THQ's franchises to be broken up and sold off.
    RIP in piece:
    Metro: Last Light
    South Park
    STALKER
    Saints Row
    Darksiders
    Red Faction
    Company of Heroes
    de Blob
    Whatever the hell else was being developed
    ;-;7
    ALL HOPE IS LOST.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 7th January 2013 at 8:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    So last night Nvidia showcased their new mobile device, the Shield.
    The show was full of awkward moments, mostly when Steam refused to cooperate, but it actually looks pretty cool, for a handheld flamethrower.
    And, of course, no price was announced. Not even a vague idea.

Also, unrelated to anything, but I think I scored pretty well at Half Priced Books last night. Damn, I love when they have sales; got out of there only paying a little over $11 for those three.
    The Shield does look very cool. As long as it gets a good game library it'll definitely be worth buying.

RIP in piece:
    South Park
    STALKER
    Saints Row
    Darksiders
    Red Faction
    Company of Heroes
    de Blob
    ;-;7
    ALL HOPE IS LOST.
    I just hope that 40k goes to someone competent, because I feel like if EA got it they would drop Dawn of War entirely for Space Marine because SHOOTERS MAEK MOR EMONE GUIS.

What does this mean for CoH 2 and Last Light, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    The Shield does look very cool. As long as it gets a good game library it'll definitely be worth buying.
    I'm actually kinda hyped for it. They obviously have some bugs to work out, but it works with both Origin and Steam, as well as the going-to-flop Ouya, and the Play store, so there's lots of options for it. Here's to hoping it comes at a reasonable price.
    I just hope that 40k goes to someone competent, because I feel like if EA got it they would drop Dawn of War entirely for Space Marine because SHOOTERS MAEK MOR EMONE GUIS.

What does this mean for CoH 2 and Last Light, though?
    40k needs to go to a company that is competent enough to deal with both a Tabletop franchise AND the online franchise. EA would, as you said, ditch DoW and probably try to tie the tabletop game into some kind of thing like with what Skylanders did, and just ruin everything for everyone.

Last Light and Stick of Truth are VERY lucky that they're far into production, and are also being done with two other studios, so they are to be completed as they were originally intended. Thank God. ;-;

I'm confused. What exactly is the Shield?

Well there go any chances of there ever being a Saints Row 4. Or Darksiders 3.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

I'm actually kinda hyped for it. They obviously have some bugs to work out, but it works with both Origin and Steam, as well as the going-to-flop Ouya, and the Play store, so there's lots of options for it. Here's to hoping it comes at a reasonable price.
    Steam, you say?

Like, New Vegas?

I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope I'm not understanding this wrong

40k needs to go to a company that is competent enough to deal with both a Tabletop franchise AND the online franchise. EA would, as you said, ditch DoW and probably try to tie the tabletop game into some kind of thing like with what Skylanders did, and just ruin everything for everyone.

Last Light and Stick of Truth are VERY lucky that they're far into production, and are also being done with two other studios, so they are to be completed as they were originally intended. Thank God. ;-;
    What about CoH 2? Is it getting finished as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I'm confused. What exactly is the Shield?
    Steam, you say?

Like, New Vegas?

I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope I'm not understanding this wrong
    As far as we know right now/what they showed at the conference last night, the Shield is both it's own console, and essentially a way to stream your PC wherever you are. Say you're in bed, sick as a dog, but you REALLY want to go over to your PC and play, as you suggested, New Vegas. Just grab your Shield, turn it on, sync it with your PC and Steam, and there you have it, New Vegas in your hands as you're puking your guts out. TECHNOLOGY.
    And maybe you don't want to play anything on Steam because you hate Gabe, and nothing on Origin because you're an intelligent human who doesn't support EA. It will have it's own game store built-in, apparently with some major titles, as well as it's own new Android game market for you to choose between. Apparently it's also got an SD card slot, so you can probably play ROMs on it, as well.

What about CoH 2? Is it getting finished as well?
    It probably all depends on it's release date, how far into development it actually was, and who was working on it.
    Then again, any of these games that they were working on in-house could become the next Duke Nukem: Forever.
    Let's hope not. ;__;

Goodbye Saints Row 4.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

RIP in piece:
    South Park
    STALKER
    Saints Row
    Darksiders
    Red Faction
    Company of Heroes
    de Blob
    ;-;7
    ALL HOPE IS LOST.
    I'm probably misunderstanding this report, but it seems like my hopes of a Red Faction revival may happen. So long as a company purchases either it or Volition, correct? And so long as Darksiders and 40K go to a competent company, I shouldn't worry too much.

As far as we know right now/what they showed at the conference last night, the Shield is both it's own console, and essentially a way to stream your PC wherever you are. Say you're in bed, sick as a dog, but you REALLY want to go over to your PC and play, as you suggested, New Vegas. Just grab your Shield, turn it on, sync it with your PC and Steam, and there you have it, New Vegas in your hands as you're puking your guts out. TECHNOLOGY.
    And maybe you don't want to play anything on Steam because you hate Gabe, and nothing on Origin because you're an intelligent human who doesn't support EA. It will have it's own game store built-in, apparently with some major titles, as well as it's own new Android game market for you to choose between. Apparently it's also got an SD card slot, so you can probably play ROMs on it, as well.
    For once, something out of the box that's absolutely amazing.... this is splendid

So now I can live my dream of slaughtering bandits in a post-apocalyptic wasteland on a small screen while vomiting? How technology has progressed!

Seriously, though, if that's powerful enough I'll definitely think about buying it. It certainly looks better than the Vita.

I just hope there will be the option to put homebrew games on it like the PSP, and I'm sold.

Seriously, though, if that's powerful enough I'll definitely think about buying it. It certainly looks better than the Vita.
    Yeah, but what doesn't? I think those old Game & Watch devices are better than the Vita right now.

On THQ... I'll just post what I posted in GCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I'd really hope that Volition becomes its own company. But if you're owned by ****ing THQ, I guess you don't have much of a shot at that, do you. I think it's telling that, until recently, the only thing I knew THQ by was "those guys who published Quest 64."

Incidentally, that game had the title Holy Magic Century in Europe, which is much better, because it sounds like the title of a Nightwish song, making it instantly hilarious.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    For once, something out of the box that's absolutely amazing.... this is splendid
    So now I can live my dream of slaughtering bandits in a post-apocalyptic wasteland on a small screen while vomiting? How technology has progressed!

I just hope there will be the option to put homebrew games on it like the PSP, and I'm sold.
    It's actually pretty awesome-looking. And, since it'll be running Linux, chances are very high that we'll get a homebrew for it. Student Loan companies can go suck it, I know where my money is going.

Also, I posted it over in the Steam/Valve thread, but more information (including a price and name) were released for the Steambox, now called Piston. GET HYPE.

It's actually pretty awesome-looking. And, since it'll be running Linux, chances are very high that we'll get a homebrew for it. Student Loan companies can go suck it, I know where my money is going.

Also, I posted it over in the Steam/Valve thread, but more information (including a price and name) were released for the Steambox, now called Piston. GET HYPE.
    Oooooooooooh, I get it. Pistons are powered by steam. Hah.

It's a shame they didn't call it the GabeCube, though. I would have bought it immediately.

So...I heard the Marvel fighter was a flop. What about Lego games?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414039,00.asp

At least now they have another chance to call it the GabeCube.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-console-ever

Not sure if this was posted yet but yeah. Could be interesting.

32 GB is okay, but still a little small. Also, ordinarily games consoles are pretty portable, as long as you have a backpack. They're not that heavy that portability is a major problem, especially since you can't play one of these "portable consoles" on the go.

What are you realistically going to do? Pull out a TV on the bus? Portability is a relatively minor stumbling block for console gaming.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I agree with that, I just think it'll be interesting to see if it falls through or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

Ooooooooooohh my goooooooodddddd.

I WANT IT NOW.

Definitely seeing the Blade Runner/Deus Ex influence. I'm pretty excited for it.

The Australian government approved the country's first R18 game.

Seriously. I'm happy for you Aussie gamers. Enjoy your mindless virtual violence.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast