Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I played a couple levels from the first game on DOSBox. It was pretty fun, once I turned off the sound.
    Ah, the sound from those old DOS games -- annoying as hell. Mostly. Some games got far better, but those were mostly Sierra titles.

Also, most of my Commander Keen experience outside of the Steam collection is from hacks of games 4-6 to fill in for a missing trilogy of games that never got released because the company moved on to the Wolfenstein series and some other things. Said hack is, rather expectedly, balls-hard, that just being how people make hacks for some reason (i.e. always upping the difficulty from the original for some reason).
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Anyone on this board ever played the Commander Keen games?
    I played them when I was a wee child and enjoyed them. Haven't picked them back up in some time, though. When I go back up to Ohio I really need to grab my old PC out of the attic. :u Can't believe I forgot that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    But dis game would be an awesome contender and probable winner for GOTY for an XBLA game or PC ..short game.
    It's also on PS3, mang. :u

There were pretty much no games that came out this year that I was interested in, aside from the new Lego games (which are always fantastic), and Transformers FoC, which I still haven't gotten. After Tribes: Ascend and MechWarrior Online pretty much went p2w...I lost all hope for games this year. As for what I was looking forward to, Borderlands 2 was alright, Halo 4 was horribly disappointing, and everything else was just...meh. Games were either ridiculously short or just so heavily focused on the multiplayer aspect that it wasn't worth getting them unless you played online.

Next year's looking pretty good, though. I preordered MGR Revengeance on Amazon (hopefully they don't screw up again and send me the 360 version), as well as BioShock Infinite. Since they confirmed that there's not going to be any stupid, tacked-on-at-the-last-minute multiplayer, it appears that they'll go back to making the storyline the main focus, so that'll be nice.

Anarchy Reigns is looking kinda cool, and hopefully Metro: Last Light won't get pushed back for stupid reasons. I'm still kinda hoping The Last of Us won't end up terrible, but I've got a gut feeling that it's just going to bomb.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Ho lee shit.

The new Humble Bundle has Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, 3 Company of Heroes games, Darksiders, and Saints Row: The Third as the BTA.

The average is at 5.45 right now, get it before it skyrockets.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand it's dropping. Looks like people are just buying it for like a dollar to get everything but Saints Row, lol. I really hope this one succeeds, not in the least because I want to see another.

Ho lee shit.

The new Humble Bundle has Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, 3 Company of Heroes games, Darksiders, and Saints Row: The Third as the BTA.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand it's dropping. Looks like people are just buying it for like a dollar to get everything but Saints Row, lol. I really hope this one succeeds, not in the least because I want to see another.
    Because THQ is pretty much broke right now. They poured everything into trying to make the uDraw tablet successful, and it bombed hard.
    But I want Metro: Last Light, so they can't die. ;-; Brb dropping my commission prices to hopefully get something. Even though I already have Metro 2033.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Because THQ is pretty much broke right now. They poured everything into trying to make the uDraw tablet successful, and it bombed hard.
    But I want Metro: Last Light, so they can't die. ;-; Brb dropping my commission prices to hopefully get something. Even though I already have Metro 2033.
    I'm kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I want more copies of the games to distribute, but at the same time, THQ said they wanted SR4 to serious the **** up and that it was basically too lowbrow/inappropriate for their tastes.

Which means they never played any games in the series.

So, **** THQ.

The usual links

I'm kind of torn on this one. On one hand, I want more copies of the games to distribute, but at the same time, THQ said they wanted SR4 to serious the **** up and that it was basically too lowbrow/inappropriate for their tastes.

So, **** THQ.
    I just want STALKER 2 and Metro: Last Light, man. I need them.
    And that's the appeal of Saints Row, it doesn't take itself seriously. If you wanna go around town swinging a giant purple horse dildo while wearing a space suit, go ahead. That's what makes it buzzword fun.

List updated

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I remember the first attempt of this thread. It was so awesome that we ended up killing our old Mod, I got banned and everyone who posted got infractions, ah fun memories.
    That won't happen again. The thread took over half an hour to make. I will cry.

I will just them add it here;

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (22 January US 2013 25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

Zone of the Enders: HD Collection (30 November 2012 EU and UK) Xbox 360, PS3

Tales of Xillia (TBA 2013 EU, US and UK) PS3
    Added, but I'm not adding TBA games, as the list will just expand beyond the horizon. I will just stick to firm dates for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow
    Btw, banking on a Vita for Christmas.
    Actually, I'm banking a PSP. Defunct hardware ftw!

Err, I mean, I'm only getting it as the price of the Vita completely cancels its benefits over me getting a PSP, which is playing portable PS1 games and a few PSP titles that interest me.

*low whistle* Wow, that's an impressive deal. I'd totally be on that if my laptop could run 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Well then. Time to get to work guys.

I kid, I kid.

So, **** THQ.
    They were somewhat right. Saints Row 1/2 were miles better than 3. I know it's Saints Row, but there's a limit to how much stupid **** you can put in one game. SR3 was just so different.

Yes, exactly. The fun of Saints Row: The Third for me was largely in how over-the-top it was, never taking itself seriously. I mean, there were some reasonably serious themes vaguely explored in a few instances, too, but the game overall would just be a shaky GTA clone if it were lacking its wackiness.

The usual links

I really hope they don't drop 4A Games if Last Light doesn't do well, like what happened with Red Faction: Armageddon and Homefront.

Ho lee shit.

Is Saints Row 3 good? I was considering getting it but for Xbox, however I think it's got online multiplayer.. if so, I'm going to see if some of my forum friends over on another site have it on PC and I'll get it. $5? **** yeah. From what I've seen it looks awesome, though I've never played the other ones before.

It's also on PS3, mang. :u

There were pretty much no games that came out this year that I was interested in, aside from the new Lego games (which are always fantastic), and Transformers FoC, which I still haven't gotten. After Tribes: Ascend and MechWarrior Online pretty much went p2w...I lost all hope for games this year. As for what I was looking forward to, Borderlands 2 was alright, Halo 4 was horribly disappointing, and everything else was just...meh. Games were either ridiculously short or just so heavily focused on the multiplayer aspect that it wasn't worth getting them unless you played online.

Next year's looking pretty good, though. I preordered MGR Revengeance on Amazon (hopefully they don't screw up again and send me the 360 version), as well as BioShock Infinite. Since they confirmed that there's not going to be any stupid, tacked-on-at-the-last-minute multiplayer, it appears that they'll go back to making the storyline the main focus, so that'll be nice.

Anarchy Reigns is looking kinda cool, and hopefully Metro: Last Light won't get pushed back for stupid reasons. I'm still kinda hoping The Last of Us won't end up terrible, but I've got a gut feeling that it's just going to bomb.
    Well then that too. D8

Iduno, I didn't get too many games this year and I don't follow games much other than the main franchises I'm into. AC3 looks awesome but I still need to beat brotherhood and buy Revelations, even though I know the storylines aren't connected (but hey, by the time I finish those two AC3 will be cheap. ).
    Halo 4 was very disappointing. The MP at least, I haven't tried SP.

I remember seeing some footage for TLOU which looked really good, I have no idea if I'll pick it up or not. And Bioshock looks really good, though I've only played the demo for the first one and it scared me hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Half an hour and this is the best you could come up with?

You'd think from half an hour you'd have a grand old first post with fancy banners and such

Yes, exactly. The fun of Saints Row: The Third for me was largely in how over-the-top it was, never taking itself seriously. I mean, there were some reasonably serious themes vaguely explored in a few instances, too, but the game overall would just be a shaky GTA clone if it were lacking its wackiness.
    True. It did improve on some things(aiming, gunfire) but I didn't care for how the game was..."displayed". It was too...grungy or like they tried to emulate GTA. The should of stayed bright and arcade-like.

Oh, and **** SR3 for
        Spoiler:- .:

Never played SR3 myself, but I have played SR2 and I really didn't like it. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, and with my friend cheat-abusing my opinion might've skewed a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh, and **** SR3 for
        Spoiler:- .:
    Yeah, to be fair, that is pretty low.     Spoiler:- .:
    was basically the best character in the series.

Also, I started doing some hybrid text/video LPs. Well, only one for now.

The usual links

Does anyone think Far Cry 3 is/will be worth the money? I'm thinking about getting for Christmas.

I'd rather hear strangers' opinions about it on a pokemon forum than research it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    Does anyone think Far Cry 3 is/will be worth the money? I'm thinking about getting for Christmas.

I'd rather hear strangers' opinions about it on a pokemon forum than research it myself.
    From what I've seen, it actually looks pretty good. I haven't played any of the Far Cry games so I can't really compare it to the others, but I might check it out.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

It's supposed to be really fun, at least in terms of sandbox games. I really want to get it myself.

Anyway, they just released the cover art for BioShock Infinite.

Spoiler:- Kind of big:

Could have been better, IMO. The Beast of America picture would have looked great.

What is this, BmC: BioShock May Cry? At least it means people won't whine about Elizabeth having tits, this time.

The usual links

The reviews are sky-high, practically all 9-10/10. Haha one of them said "Like Skyrim with guns"

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    From what I've seen, it actually looks pretty good. I haven't played any of the Far Cry games so I can't really compare it to the others, but I might check it out.
    It's supposed to be really fun, at least in terms of sandbox games. I really want to get it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    The reviews are sky-high, practically all 9-10/10. Haha one of them said "Like Skyrim with guns"
    Ok good. It can't be much worse than some of the games I've bought this year :|

Ok good. It can't be much worse than some of the games I've bought this year :|
    What else did you buy this year? Not much good stuff came out this year anyway.

What else did you buy this year? Not much good stuff came out this year anyway.
    Eh, I'd disagree.
    Dishonored
    XCOM
    Sleeping Dogs
    The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
    The Wii U
    Halo 4
    FFXIII-2
    The Walking Dead
    Hitman: Absolution
    Soulcalibur V
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Resident Evil 6
    Twisted Metal
    Mass Effect 3
    FIFA 13
    Tales of Grace f

There's more, but I don't feel like listing anymore. Go here instead.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

Lolopinions.
    This year was pretty bad.

But yeah, that cover looks awful. Like, how does that image give you any idea as to what the game could be like? Okay, a dude with a shotgun standing in front of a burning flag. Anarchy? The USA? This is just awful.
    The game itself, however, is looking fabulous.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast