Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    the only WiiU game id buy would Be smash bros
    Eventually, you'll really be shortchanging yourself.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Eventually, you'll really be shortchanging yourself.
    well there might be better ones out but really i dont play much Nintendo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    So, everyone, remember Dead Space? That series that used to be good and not fucked by EA? The one that was great both on consoles and PCs?

Well, apparently the PC version will be a direct console port.

http://games.on.net/2013/01/dead-spa...eatures-added/

And there are micro transactions for buying better weapons.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...better-weapons

And don't forget the Origin exclusivity! Yippee!

I hate everything.

At first just the fact that co-op was going to be a thing made me mad.
    Then my day made me even more angry.
    Now I see this and I just want to burn everything.

I just think that a lot of things about what's been happening with Persona 4 after the release of the game bugged me. From the Naoto novel's characterization to the Adachi link in Golden to the very existence of Golden...

But then again, expanded reissues of games I already own piss me off.
    P4 was essentially a Japanese Scooby Doo. It was almost the anti-SMT; until a certain point in the story (aka December), everything was pretty happy and upbeat. I mean, it's a good game, it just really shouldn't have SMT's name attached to it.
    But yes Golden is 100% fanservice and whoever came up with the idea to create it really needs to just die. I mean, they did great with P3P, I had no problems with it, but... Golden... just... I don't even know.

It's obvious that co-op in Dead Space 3 will kill a great survival horror franchise. It should have tank controls, fixed camera angles, and be set in a mansion with zombies.

Also release it for the PlayStation.

I just think that a lot of things about what's been happening with Persona 4 after the release of the game bugged me. From the Naoto novel's characterization to the Adachi link in Golden to the very existence of Golden...
    You know when Index holdings absorbed Atlus in 2010 I was concerned. And know I am starting to think I had a very good reason for that concern. Since then Persona 4 has been beaten like a dead horse for spinoffs and adaptations (some of which like the anime were pretty sucky too), and it looks like they are starting with Devil Survivor 2 now. I really don't want to see any new announcements for anything with the words persona and 4 in the same sentence.

I am not really hyped for Fire Emblem meets Shin Megami Tensei either. Not only do I find the level of cross promotion to be somewhat of a turn-off, but Fire Emblem's perma-death and Shin Megami's highly lethal combat go together like salt and an open cut.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

So, everyone, remember Dead Space? That series that used to be good and not fucked by EA? The one that was great both on consoles and PCs?

I actually want to cry right now. DS3 could have been so good.
    Man it's like EA doesn't want me to give them money of course they can't miss what they don't have, since I have never brought a game that was published by EA.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    well there might be better ones out but really i dont play much Nintendo games.
    If you don't play many Nintendo game then there's really no point for to get a Wii U, since that's the only reason why people buy a Nintendo console.

Anyway in other news I have been keeping my eye on the Digimon Adventure game. Man I so badly want it and Digimon World Re: Digitize.

Of course I will have to buy a Japanese dictionary since I can't read the language.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 24th January 2013 at 2:00 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post

Anyway in other news I have been keeping my eye on the Digimon Adventure game. Man I so badly want it and Digimon World Reigitize.

Of course I will have to buy a Japanese dictionary since I can't read the language.
    UGHHHH DO I WANT THEM IN THE WORST WAY.
    I know Adventure 01 well enough to probably feel my way through the game, but I just don't see the point in buying it when I have no idea what is being said. We just have to pray for a localization, which we won't get.

I don't play on PC but I guess that sucks for you guys. You get the same thing as everyone else.

This has been around since the first Dead Space. Nothing new here.

I actually want to cry right now. DS3 could have been so good.
    You should probably cry.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    But yes Golden is 100% fanservice and whoever came up with the idea to create it really needs to just die. I mean, they did great with P3P, I had no problems with it, but... Golden... just... I don't even know.
    I dunno what you guys are talking about, I'm fuggin' loving P4G right now, it's probably one of my favourite RPGs ever now.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It's obvious that co-op in Dead Space 3 will kill a great survival horror franchise. It should have tank controls, fixed camera angles, and be set in a mansion with zombies.

Also release it for the PlayStation.
    That is the truest of survival horror (which is definitely what Dead Space is because it is survival horror). There is no way any other sort of game could be scary or even entertaining without that exact setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I don't play on PC but I guess that sucks for you guys. You get the same thing as everyone else.
    My bad. I shouldn't expect devs to take advantage of available hardware and make a game that looks good, instead of handing us a game optimized for outdated hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I dunno what you guys are talking about, I'm fuggin' loving P4G right now, it's probably one of my favourite RPGs ever now.
    I am assuming their complaint is mostly due to the additions of lack there of not the the core game itself. (which is a pretty great game) Because you didn't play the PS2 version, the complaints probably aren't all that relevant to you. From where I am standing it looks like the gameplay tweaks are mostly minor improvements. I can't speak for the plot change/additions however, since I haven't played Golden.
    Last edited by Zazie; 24th January 2013 at 5:47 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:

My bad. I shouldn't expect devs to take advantage of available hardware and make a game that looks good, instead of handing us a game optimized for outdated hardware.
    So, nothing new for Dead Space? The first game didn't have too many graphics options and V-sync was completely broken to the point where the control lag made the game barely playable when it was turned on, and the second game fixed that by having various sliders (and V-sync that actually worked) but still forced high-end graphics even on the lowest settings.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    So, nothing new for Dead Space? The first game didn't have too many graphics options and V-sync was completely broken to the point where the control lag made the game barely playable when it was turned on, and the second game fixed that by having various sliders (and V-sync that actually worked) but still forced high-end graphics even on the lowest settings.
    They were really that bad? I played both with Intel HD 3000 and got a good 30 FPS.

Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    P4 was essentially a Japanese Scooby Doo. It was almost the anti-SMT; until a certain point in the story (aka December), everything was pretty happy and upbeat. I mean, it's a good game, it just really shouldn't have SMT's name attached to it.
    Technically, neither should any of the Personas.
        Spoiler:- emot_words.gif:

But I get what you're going at, too, and it's a reasonable point.

P3P also had precious little new content. P4G has the Adachi branch and a whole new ending associated with it, just for starters.

Also the Naoto thing from the novel pisses me off hardcore because she started off as a character with a very serious struggle and a fairly cool personality and, as far as I can tell, they basically turned her into a ****ing moeblob fanservice character. That's... incredibly distressing. I'm not gonna scream misogyny about it, but I do not feel good about it.

edit: OKAY I FOUND IT FINALLY ****
    Last edited by The Admiral; 24th January 2013 at 11:47 PM.

The usual links

If Activison announces one more Call of Dogshit, I'm gonna quit video games.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    You are aware that no one is forcing you actually buy or play the call of duty series? So there's no need for you to quit video game.

Beside I heard that the sales of the series are beginning to drop, suggesting that the market is ready to move on.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Well you'll be gone soon then.

Maybe just don't play them?

Or perhaps I'm not angry enough. Quit gaming if you want. With an attitude like that, you won't be missed.

The usual links

I think this is the thread you are looking for.

I am not a big fan of CoD myself, but I am getting a little tired of it being complained about so much. Yeah Activision is milking the name, but it's not like it's actually the same game every year. Infinity Ward and Treyarch alternate as the developer each year, and the Call of Duties they develop aren't exactly the same. (right now one does modern warfare and one does black-ops) At least it's not Guitar Hero levels of milking where the release multiple games a year.
    Last edited by Zazie; 25th January 2013 at 5:39 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:

Is your hatred for Activision the only thing you post about? Either way, go ahead and quit video games for whatever shitty reason you want, still doesn't change the fact you don't have to play or buy the games.

I'm commenting to let you know that you don't have to play Call of Duty and that you can make to choice to stop playing video games if you want but no one really cares.

No one else in the thread has pointed this out yet so I feel I must do so.

Is there anything you do besides whine about EA and Activision? Go ahead, quit video games. See if we care.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

And nothing of value will be lost.

While we are at the subject of first person shooters, are there any other folk's on this forum that play Battlefield 3? I'm something like 200 h into it and still can't get enough of it. The new Aftermath maps are especially brilliant and have such a great level design.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I am not a big fan of CoD myself, but I am getting a little tired of it being complained about so much. Yeah Activision is milking the name, but it's not like it's actually the same game every year. Infinity Ward and Treyarch alternate as the developer each year, and the Call of Duties they develop aren't exactly the same. (right now one does modern warfare and one does black-ops) At least it's not Guitar Hero levels of milking where the release multiple games a year.
    I don't like it solely because of the fact it gets SO much attention, even 9 year olds play Call of Duty. So many other games deserve the attention Call of Duty gets, games that take teamwork and effort to be good at them. Games such as Dota 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, and Arma 2 come to mind. But no, since today's society likes taking the easy way out, the easy games such as Call of Duty will be the most popular. Damn shame, so many games are just left in the dust while Call of Duty claims the #1 spot every year. And it's even more annoying when lots of people only play CoD and nothing else, seriously there's tons of games out there that are better than CoD.

Is Chivalry any good?

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast