Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Why do kids even play rated M games? I know you have to go to the store page to see the M rating on TF2 but doesn't the sheer amount of gore and guns give the M away?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Why do kids even play rated M games? I know you have to go to the store page to see the M rating on TF2 but doesn't the sheer amount of gore and guns give the M away?
    They think they will look all cool to their friends and all. And parents are lazy.

By broken do you mean overpowered, buggy, or a stupid concept.

The Huntsman sure isn't OP.
    The Huntsman is buggy (in a way -- is it really a bug if it seems so intentional?). The Pomson... at least was OP apparently but, like ALL the Weta Workshop items, is a stupid concept in every sense of the term (except maybe the Phlogistonator, which is an okay weapon but an absolutely **** design). This 1960s spacepunk garbage does not belong ingame as actual weapons, or at least certainly not shooting ****ing PLASMA. Props, yes. Posters for films, fine. However, this game takes place in nineteen sixty ****ing eight. The technology doesn't exist. The technology doesn't even exist NOW. I know, I'm saying this in a game with canon eternal life machines. But this just was RANDOMLY THROWN IN because aliens.

The creative team is literally this guy:
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Or gang games like gta and saints row. They are fun, but still, the sexual content is kinda extreme. My 10 year old brother got Saints row the third for his birthday from my grandparents (him and my little sister live with them) I mean, seriously, running around with a giant purple dildo sword and killing people while wearing a purple thong. These are what my brother find hilarious. Im a year away from buying m rated games, besides, all I get that are m rates are call of duty or assassins creed or Halo.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    My votes going to have to go to Bioshock or Metroid Prime here as far as single player goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Metroid Prime would be my pick.
    Gamecube or Wii version ? I assume the Wii version has Wiimote aiming over the old lock-on system, which makes it more like a most other FPS's. But is it a decent option ? (I only have the gamecube version of the fist metriod prime)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

The Wii compilation is pretty much the definitive version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    The Huntsman is buggy (in a way -- is it really a bug if it seems so intentional?). The Pomson... at least was OP apparently but, like ALL the Weta Workshop items, is a stupid concept in every sense of the term (except maybe the Phlogistonator, which is an okay weapon but an absolutely **** design). This 1960s spacepunk garbage does not belong ingame as actual weapons, or at least certainly not shooting ****ing PLASMA. Props, yes. Posters for films, fine. However, this game takes place in nineteen sixty ****ing eight. The technology doesn't exist. The technology doesn't even exist NOW. I know, I'm saying this in a game with canon eternal life machines. But this just was RANDOMLY THROWN IN because aliens.

Well the artstyle has been dead for awhile, it was pretty much killed when Mannconomy came out.

And the Pomson was only OP in the fact it could take away Medic's über, the main counter to Engineer's sentry nests besides Demomen so a Pomson Engi who knew what he was doing could keep his nest completely indestructible for Medics. That and über is one of the most important mechanics in the game, having the ability to drain it was simply too powerful.

Yes, because people in 1968 had body parts blow up when they die by using a book, turn into ice when backstabbed, and can double jump. :P

I find it funny that kids play the M rated games yet people over 18 buy and play E or T games. I guess it is a "cool factor" for kids. I started playing M at around 16

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    They should really make an option to just block the comments
    The person who posts the video can choose to block comments. You can choose to not read them also.

Where Phlogiston doesn't know the meaning of literally. But I see what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Gamecube or Wii version ? I assume the Wii version has Wiimote aiming over the old lock-on system, which makes it more like a most other FPS's. But is it a decent option ? (I only have the gamecube version of the fist metriod prime)
    I haven't played the Wii version of Prime 1 but if it controls like Prime 3 did then go for it. I heard they had to tone down the graphics for it which is too bad, but it's still a fantastic game.

Yes, because people in 1968 had body parts blow up when they die by using a book, turn into ice when backstabbed, and can double jump. :P
    It's an issue of whether it matches the art style, not if it's possible or not.

Halo 2 is infinitely better than Metroid Prime. Too much backtracking and the scanning and item collection for the good ending is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    Or gang games like gta and saints row. They are fun, but still, the sexual content is kinda extreme. My 10 year old brother got Saints row the third for his birthday from my grandparents (him and my little sister live with them) I mean, seriously, running around with a giant purple dildo sword and killing people while wearing a purple thong. These are what my brother find hilarious. Im a year away from buying m rated games, besides, all I get that are m rates are call of duty or assassins creed or Halo.
    Or tell your Grandparents these concerns since they are the ones that bought the game. Not your little brother.
    They think they will look all cool to their friends and all. And parents are lazy.
    Or maybe they like the game.

By broken do you mean overpowered, buggy, or a stupid concept.

The Huntsman sure isn't OP.
    It's OP just because of the hitboxes.

It's broken as all hell, and it's OP by virtue of that.

Just because they're fun. I'd rather play a really, really fun T game than a mediocre M game.

Well the artstyle has been dead for awhile, it was pretty much killed when Mannconomy came out.

And the Pomson was only OP in the fact it could take away Medic's über, the main counter to Engineer's sentry nests besides Demomen so a Pomson Engi who knew what he was doing could keep his nest completely indestructible for Medics. That and über is one of the most important mechanics in the game, having the ability to drain it was simply too powerful.
    See, the art style for the WETA weapons isn't as bad as it could be, since they made it look all steampunk and retro and stuff. Still not great, but okay.

The problem with the Pomson, though, is that it has the ridiculous hitboxes, it drains Medic uber and at one point it went through people.

That meant that if you were a Medic, you could be standing behind a cluster of teammates and one Engineer could spam that thing anywhere near you and your entire team would be screwed.

It's a little better now but still horribly broken. Most of the Grordbort weapons are. The Righteous Bison is decent, but the Cow Mangler is just god-awful.

And the Phlogistonator is ridiculous. Jesus Christ, the Phlogistonator. You can build that bar with any form of flame damage, so combining it with the flare gun means that you can get full crits and health by spamming a few flares. And instead of just making it so that only direct damage would build the bar (which would have significantly helped it, since you would have to be good with basic Pyro technique to get anywhere with it), they just nerfed the damage, which was lazy and fixed absolutely nothing.

And those are just the Grordbort weapons. Don't even get me started on the Red Tape Recorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    It's OP just because of the hitboxes.

It's broken as all hell, and it's OP by virtue of that.

Just because they're fun. I'd rather play a really, really fun T game than a mediocre M game.

See, the art style for the WETA weapons isn't as bad as it could be, since they made it look all steampunk and retro and stuff. Still not great, but okay.

The problem with the Pomson, though, is that it has the ridiculous hitboxes, it drains Medic uber and at one point it went through people.

That meant that if you were a Medic, you could be standing behind a cluster of teammates and one Engineer could spam that thing anywhere near you and your entire team would be screwed.

It's a little better now but still horribly broken. Most of the Grordbort weapons are. The Righteous Bison is decent, but the Cow Mangler is just god-awful.

And the Phlogistonator is ridiculous. Jesus Christ, the Phlogistonator. You can build that bar with any form of flame damage, so combining it with the flare gun means that you can get full crits and health by spamming a few flares. And instead of just making it so that only direct damage would build the bar (which would have significantly helped it, since you would have to be good with basic Pyro technique to get anywhere with it), they just nerfed the damage, which was lazy and fixed absolutely nothing.

And those are just the Grordbort weapons. Don't even get me started on the Red Tape Recorder.
    That's what happens when you listen to 12 year-old n00bs who transferred over from CoD or BF instead of your real player base.

(and no, I am NOT hating on EA or Activision, I was just saying)
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 27th January 2013 at 2:54 AM. Reason: To avoid rage.

That's what happens when you listen to 12 year-old n00bs who transferred over from CoD or BF instead of your real player base.
    The thing is, TF2's decline isn't because of the CoD kids. Or the Battlefield players. Or even the furries.

It's because of the hats. Hats have pushed the game to be bloated as all hell with gigabytes of useless hats and cosmetics, and everyone ate it up and begged for more because nobody realized that the greater focus on hats would mean that weapons would suffer as well. Now the game is overshadowed by its economy.

Someone on the TF2 team literally admitted that they would rather add hats than weapons because weapons have to be tested for stats. The new ones are just lazy, it's like they looked at the biggest complaint people had, took a high-rated workshop item, then threw in every possible gimmick they could think of. The Rescue Ranger is a clusterfuck of a weapon, and I don't even know what in hell the Vaccinator is supposed to be good for.

And again, the Red Tape Recorder. My God, that has to be one of the lowest-effort weapons I have ever seen in my life. If it's one on one with you and an Engineer, you can stand there disguised and sap his buildings over and over and over because he physically cannot move fast enough to counter you. It's the most broken idea in an already fractured game.

Okay, your basis for this claim is...?

On a side note: If you haven't played Warframe yet, you need to now now now now now. It's like a combination of Halo and Left 4 Dead, with space ninjas.

And no, I am not exaggerating. You get a giant katana and you can chop people in half with it. It's the best thing ever.

The thing is, TF2's decline isn't because of the CoD kids. Or the Battlefield players. Or even the furries.

It's because of the hats. Hats have pushed the game to be bloated as all hell with gigabytes of useless hats and cosmetics, and everyone ate it up and begged for more because nobody realized that the greater focus on hats would mean that weapons would suffer as well. Now the game is overshadowed by its economy.

Someone on the TF2 team literally admitted that they would rather add hats than weapons because weapons have to be tested for stats. The new ones are just lazy, it's like they looked at the biggest complaint people had, took a high-rated workshop item, then threw in every possible gimmick they could think of. The Rescue Ranger is a clusterfuck of a weapon, and I don't even know what in hell the Vaccinator is supposed to be good for.

And again, the Red Tape Recorder. My God, that has to be one of the lowest-effort weapons I have ever seen in my life. If it's one on one with you and an Engineer, you can stand there disguised and sap his buildings over and over and over because he physically cannot move fast enough to counter you. It's the most broken idea in an already fractured game.
    And then F2P happened, and ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Halo 2 is infinitely better than Metroid Prime. Too much backtracking and the scanning and item collection for the good ending is tedious.
    Good for you. Backtracking has always been a big part of Metroid, if you don't like it then I guess it just isn't for you. The scanning and item collection made exploration way more in-depth, which has also always been a big part of the series.
    Last edited by Ampy; 27th January 2013 at 7:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Where Phlogiston doesn't know the meaning of literally. But I see what you're saying.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was, in fact, literally that guy, but it was a joke.

You don't have to get the good ending. Also, you probably don't like a lot of RPGs either, despite your claims, because many of those require disgusting amounts of backtracking too.

Retro, yes. Steampunk, no. Not to my understanding of steampunk, which typically involves more pseudo-Victorian aspects and, er, steam power.

I'm pretty sure it would also basically drain you completely due to multiple hits.

It's a little better now but still horribly broken. Most of the Grordbort eapons are. The Righteous Bison is decent, but the Cow Mangler is just god-awful.
    From the day that the Cow Mangler was the Ike to server performance's Tina Turner, they should have realized they'd made a gigantic mistake. They should have actually tested it a little more.

Reasonable.

The Red Tape Recorder is just dumb. Vaguely cute, but dumb.

This too. Hats are quickly becoming a complete waste. Fun fact, but there are more hats in the game than there are weapons. In a first-person shooter. If your characters were more like Gaia Online avatar-type things that are just there to look pretty and don't do anything with the game, fine. Then again, the game has been shitting on itself ever since the Mannconomy Update. The first big problem was obvious to me when they made hats that affected your stats.

(and no, I am NOT hating on EA or Activision, I was just saying)
    No, you aren't, but it's in the same area, really -- and it's a completely baseless argument that utterly reeks of a class of triumphalism.

The usual links

Retro, yes. Steampunk, no. Not to my understanding of steampunk, which typically involves more pseudo-Victorian aspects and, er, steam power.
    Yeah, my bad. I don't know why I said that.

I'm pretty sure it would also basically drain you completely due to multiple hits.
    It did.

The Red Tape Recorder is just dumb. Vaguely cute, but dumb.
    It's actually kind of a decent idea, it's just that the execution of that idea is so horrendous.

This too. Hats are quickly becoming a complete waste. Fun fact, but there are more hats in the game than there are weapons. In a first-person shooter. If your characters were more like Gaia Online avatar-type things that are just there to look pretty and don't do anything with the game, fine. Then again, the game has been shitting on itself ever since the Mannconomy Update. The first big problem was obvious to me when they made hats that affected your stats.
    I know, I just want to play old TF2 again without having to listen to "SELLING UNUSUAL MAXS HEAD WITH ORBITING TEAM CAPTAINS AND KEYS FOR 25 EARBUDS TRADE ME" every five minutes and not have to worry about having my buildings all destroyed in seconds as I helplessly try and get rid of the sappers on them.

Yeah, my bad. I don't know why I said that.
    To be sure, it's getting increasingly hard to tell.

It did.
    Not surprised. It's dumb, but it's not surprising. It functions similarly to the flamethrower, in that regard.

I was thinking, for a while, about a flame thrower where the particles were spread out differently, giving you a longer range but less damage.

It's actually kind of a decent idea, it's just that the execution of that idea is so horrendous.
    Honestly, it should have happened sooner, because it is SO MUCH an obvious gimmick. The execution sucking, though, I can agree with. Also, it being glitched for a while was kind of... yeah. w2g valve

I know, I just want to play old TF2 again without having to listen to "SELLING UNUSUAL MAXS HEAD WITH ORBITING TEAM CAPTAINS AND KEYS FOR 25 EARBUDS TRADE ME" every five minutes and not have to worry about having my buildings all destroyed in seconds as I helplessly try and get rid of the sappers on them.
    With regard to items, I'd love to see Valve just dump a shitload of promos onto the market (i.e. give everyone one) for no real reason. I like seeing traders sad for some reason.

And yeah, they seem to like ****ing over the engineer a lot, don't they? Prior to the Deus Ex packs, he had FOUR weapons. Most characters had that many PER SLOT. Then they give him the Widowmaker (admittedly good) and the ABSOLUTE PILE OF STEAMING DODO SHIT called the Short Circuit. Then he gets THREE MORE weapons TOTAL afterward, one of which is completely broken in every sense of the word, one of which was also fairly busted for some modes and maps iirc, and another of which is a completely drunkenly-assembled turd masquerading as a shotgun.

The usual links

And yeah, they seem to like ****ing over the engineer a lot, don't they? Prior to the Deus Ex packs, he had FOUR weapons. Most characters had that many PER SLOT. Then they give him the Widowmaker (admittedly good) and the ABSOLUTE PILE OF STEAMING DODO SHIT called the Short Circuit. Then he gets THREE MORE weapons TOTAL afterward, one of which is completely broken in every sense of the word, one of which was also fairly busted for some modes and maps iirc, and another of which is a completely drunkenly-assembled turd masquerading as a shotgun.
    Oh God, don't even talk to me about the Engineer.

The Rescue Ranger is one of the most needlessly complicated weapons I've ever seen. And it takes three Eureka Effects plus a rec to craft it. So nine weapons in total.

You don't have to get the good ending. Also, you probably don't like a lot of RPGs either, despite your claims, because many of those require disgusting amounts of backtracking too.
    Backtracking in a RPG is vastly different than backtracking in a shooting game.

Side note, but:

Steam Greenlight seems like a great thing sometimes, but here's proof that it kinda sucks. This is something you can ACTUALLY BUY on Steam. it le-****ing-gitimately reads like a parody someone would put up on Tumblr.

Need I remind you, Shantae: Risky's Revenge still is not actually available on Steam, despite it being on Greenlight and getting high marks.

there is a problem here

The usual links

Backtracking in a RPG is vastly different than backtracking in a shooting game.
    But Metroid Prime isn't your normal shooter game it's a first-person action-adventure game. Furthermore backtracking has always existed since the original Metroid.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast