Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

You're also exploring an unfamiliar planet in Metroid Prime. Backtracking is natural.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

It's not exactly like that. I just like my shooting games straight forward. I'm not a huge of Metroid and only played Prime1/2 so don't take much of what I say too seriously.
    Last edited by Jb; 28th January 2013 at 2:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's not exactly like that. I just like my shooting games straight forward. I'm not a huge of Metroid and only played Prime1/2 so don't take much of what I say too seriously.
    Well I can see where you're coming from. The thing about Metroid Prime is that while it looks like a gorgeous FPS its playstyle is much different from the average. When you go from it's 2D roots which are full of exploration, backtracking, platforming, infinite ammo and endings based on item completion/time and apply them to Prime the result is much different than something like Hallf-Life or Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Side note, but:

Steam Greenlight seems like a great thing sometimes, but here's proof that it kinda sucks. This is something you can ACTUALLY BUY on Steam. it le-****ing-gitimately reads like a parody someone would put up on Tumblr.

Need I remind you, Shantae: Risky's Revenge still is not actually available on Steam, despite it being on Greenlight and getting high marks.

there is a problem here
    That doesn't sound too bad.

Of course, La Mulana and Project Black Sun still aren't on Steam, which is the real problem.

Side note, but:
    snip

Steam Greenlight seems like a great thing sometimes, but here's proof that it kinda sucks. This is something you can ACTUALLY BUY on Steam. it le-****ing-gitimately reads like a parody someone would put up on Tumblr.

Need I remind you, Shantae: Risky's Revenge still is not actually available on Steam, despite it being on Greenlight and getting high marks.

there is a problem here
    I actually laughed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    That doesn't sound too bad.

Of course, La Mulana and Project Black Sun still aren't on Steam, which is the real problem.
    At least La Mulana has been greenlit. But if Valve passes up Black Mesa, i will be hugely disappointed.

It's not exactly like that. I just like my shooting games straight forward.
    Don't make the same mistake that I did and think that Metroid is a shooter because it isn't by a long shot.

I'm not a huge of Metroid and only played Prime1/2.
    You should play Metroid Fusion, that game is amazing.

so don't take much of what I say too seriously.
    I never do.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    At least La Mulana has been greenlit. But if Valve passes up Black Mesa, i will be hugely disappointed.
    I'd be disappointed, but I could see why. I'm pretty sure Risky's Revenge, er, has enough to be greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Don't make the same mistake that I did and think that Metroid is a shooter because it isn't by a long shot.
    Metroid Prime is an FPS, or at least uses an FPS "shell" in which to run its platformer style. It's a genre blend that doesn't come up a whole lot.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I never do.
    Well aren't we cheeky.

I never do.
    luk at dis bad boy

Metroid Prime is an FPS, or at least uses an FPS "shell" in which to run its platformer style. It's a genre blend that doesn't come up a whole lot.
    It's supposed to be considered an FPA or First Person Adventure. I didn't really want to bring it up earlier and be that guy who points out the technicalities but yeah. If other people were counting it as an FPS, I wanted to say it's my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's supposed to be considered an FPA or First Person Adventure. I didn't really want to bring it up earlier and be that guy who points out the technicalities but yeah. If other people were counting it as an FPS, I wanted to say it's my favourite.
    I thought a First Person Adventure was stuff like Dear Esther.

Honestly, it's just an FPS with unconventionally styled levels. It's not a whole new genre.

I thought a First Person Adventure was stuff like Dear Esther.

Honestly, it's just an FPS with unconventionally styled levels. It's not a whole new genre.
    No, Nintendo's actually gone out and classified it as a First Person Adventure.

Coming here with some news. Past Rare employees leaving Microsoft and going back to Nintendo? No, Sony is where it's at. Sadly, Junction Point is closing their doors.

Metroid? Long addictive platformers, I've spent sleepless nights playing the original, 2, and Fusion on my 3DS. Hope there's a new title, I would really like a studio to tackle the series and create a 3D platformer like Team Ninja (minus the glaring problems Other M had). Speaking of which, Sakurai, give Samus her "ninja" moves in the next Super Smash Bros. Still the Prime series are the highest rated games of the franchise an for obvious reasons. Speaking of obvious reasons, shouldn't this be in the Nintendo section?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Going by that article at first I was gonna snark that he only worked on Rare's more recent terrible games but then I did some research and it seems like he did a lot of creative work on their classics as well.
    I wonder how much will come of this.

Still the Prime series are the highest rated games of the franchise an for obvious reasons.
    Hey, Super and Fusion right up are up there as some of the best too. And with good reason.

Speaking of obvious reasons, shouldn't this be in the Nintendo section?
    It's General Video Game Discussion. If you go back a page or two this topic lead off from talking about FPS games.

Hey, Super and Fusion right up are up there as some of the best too. And with good reason.
    I know, Super is my favourite game in the franchise.

It's General Video Game Discussion. If you go back a page or two this topic lead off from talking about FPS games.
    Yeah, I saw. Can't stand first person shooters unless there is a heavy amount of science fiction present.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I know, Super is my favourite game in the franchise.

Yeah, I saw. Can't stand first person shooters unless there is a heavy amount of science fiction present.
    So, you mean like Battlefront 2, although that's more third person, really...

No, Nintendo's actually gone out and classified it as a First Person Adventure.
    They did? Huh. Seems odd, but oh well.

In other news, the Dead Space devs apparently think having a keyboard and mouse is a significant enough difference to justify a shoddy PC port.

I just don't get them anymore.

In other news, the Dead Space devs apparently think having a keyboard and mouse is a significant enough difference to justify a shoddy PC port.

lol I like how in the comments people agree that $60 is antagonizing PC gamers. I mean the other stuff? Sure. Throw a hissy fit about that all day for all I care. But how dare they not make the game cheaper for those poor PC gamers.

Eh not like Rare was actually making any good game, they lost their way long ago. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft close Rare down since they aren't actually doing anything useful.

Well that what happens when you make two boring bland games, then again Mickey Mouse is pretty boring.

Agreed.

Fusion was the game that pulled me into the Metroid universe and gave me the boost to finish Prime.

Can't stand first person shooters unless there is a heavy amount of science fiction present.
    I am the same as well, unless it's Halo then I still get bored.

Speaking of first person shooters I am actually looking forward to play BioShock Infinite.

You got to read between the line what they are actually saying is;

"We are doing a shoddy PC port because EA is too cheap to pay the money for a proper port and think that PC gaming is stupid."
    Last edited by blaze boy; 29th January 2013 at 7:33 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

lol I like how in the comments people agree that $60 is antagonizing PC gamers. I mean the other stuff? Sure. Throw a hissy fit about that all day for all I care. But how dare they not make the game cheaper for those poor PC gamers.
    Well, typically games ARE cheaper on PC, since the publishers don't have to pay a fee to Microsoft, Sony, and/or Nintendo for their consoles. But seriously, if the game's good (which DS3 will not be) i'd pay $60 for it.

So, you mean like Battlefront 2, although that's more third person, really...
    I was thinking Metroid Prime, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Yup...ugh...

But seriously, if the game's good (which DS3 will not be) i'd pay $60 for it.
    I can't help but feel like I'm one of the few people here that thinks Dead Space 3 will be good. I'm not talking about whether the graphics are optimized or what kind of DLC it has or how many babies EA eats per day. I'm talking about the game itself. From what I've seen from videos online it looks like I'll enjoy it just as much as Dead Space 2.

Well, typically games ARE cheaper on PC, since the publishers don't have to pay a fee to Microsoft, Sony, and/or Nintendo for their consoles. But seriously, if the game's good (which DS3 will not be) i'd pay $60 for it.
    Mostly only indie games are cheaper on PC. the most I've ever seen is a 10 dollar price difference between some games like DmC and XCOM: Enemy Unknown on PC.
    I can't help but feel like I'm one of the few people here that thinks Dead Space 3 will be good. I'm not talking about whether the graphics are optimized or what kind of DLC it has or how many babies EA eats per day. I'm talking about the game itself. From what I've seen from videos online it looks like I'll enjoy it just as much as Dead Space 2.
    It looks pretty solid gameplay-wise, but as far as the game's atmosphere goes it really looks like a step down. Necromorphs with guns and the whole cover system thing make it look like it's leaning towards being an action game and not a horror game. The footage they released from the Eudora a few months ago looked really promising but everything else I've seen about the game has felt like a step backward.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast