Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Reviews usually aren't very good anyway, since they do reflect only the one person and their opinion -- and that one person is generally someone who is usually not you, for obvious reasons. Then again, how many other ways are you supposed to know about games, other than looking up footage on YouTube or trying it in the store, both of which have a lot of pratfalls associated with them, especially at release for the former.

In general, buying games is kind of a difficult place.

Also the numbers need to be seriously defocused, or maybe removed from reviews altogether. I think they demotivate people from reading the actual review.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

What if the game turned out to be good? And then wins a bunch of awards and GOTYs. And then they make a bunch of sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    It looks like the Devil controls a lot of gaming sites.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...?dist=positive
    Well duh, it's the PS3 version, of course those blind console gamers will give it a good review! HEIL GABEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

What if the game turned out to be good? And then wins a bunch of awards and GOTYs. And then they make a bunch of sequels.
    So, you mean Activison-Blizzard's current marketing strategy?
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 3rd February 2013 at 7:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    OPersonally I recommend not being a bound to the reviews of a particular site anyway and skimming reviews from multiple sources. Gives you a better perspective than just getting one person's opinion. I would assume the same goes with news, but I usually don't give a **** about that as I get most of the important info through internet osmosis.
    Agreed. Something like this?

I know reviews aren't our opinion but what better than someone else's well-thought-out opinion instead of buying blindly or from the inspiration of just a few words? In the end, yes, it does come down to you.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

Looks fantastic.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

Na surely not
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Dead Space 3 has 11 pieces of day one DLC?

lol **** that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Dead Space 3 has 11 pieces of day one DLC?

lol **** that game.
    Why can't a single company (besides Valve) get microtransactions right?

I mean, BF: P4F is basically P2W. Speaking of that, here's a video that had to be John making a joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

It's not actually the DLC that I care about that much, at least you can't blatantly buy straight upgrades like you could in the other two.

What I care about is the fact that they totally killed the atmosphere with **** like human fights, Necromorphs with guns, co-op, etc.

Also the ending got leaked and it's Mass Effect 3 tier abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    I mean, BF: P4F is basically P2W.
    It's a free to play game, most are P2W.

Also: 4 HOURS UNTIL FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING WHO'S PUMPED.

Side note: Is Resistance 3 any better than 2? I've had 2 for a while but it feels like it got stale really fast.
    This is kind of late but yes Resistance 3 is a great game. Mechanics wise best in the series but the story is mediocre. Still good, but 2's story was better.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    This is kind of late but yes Resistance 3 is a great game. Mechanics wise best in the series but the story is mediocre. Still good, but 2's story was better.
    No problem.

I was under the impression that it was flipped - Resistance 2 had a better multiplayer but weaker campaign.

Still, I might pick it up.

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

A game winning Game of the years doesn't mean that it's good, beside the Game of the years award is just a load of bullcrap and is heavily bias against game from Japan and Handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Well what did you expect? The game was doom from the start, maybe it would have done well during the PS1 or PS2 era but not in this generation.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 5th February 2013 at 3:19 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    A game winning Game of the years doesn't mean that it's good, beside the Game of the years award is just a load of bullcrap and is heavily bias against game from Japan and Handheld.
    It is likely to be heavily biased against a lot of things considering people are trying to pick out one game from a wide variety of styles and genres and suggest this is the game everyone should play, regardless of personal preference. The whole concept of "game of the year" is pretty silly honestly.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Square-Enix blames their failure at the consumers

lol Stop making terrible FF games focus everything into releasing a good game like Dragon Quest X.

No problem.

I was under the impression that it was flipped - Resistance 2 had a better multiplayer but weaker campaign.

Still, I might pick it up.
    I would. Also the graphics are a major step up from 2's average 2008 visuals.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    Well, who would've guessed (besides everyone).
    Square-Enix blames their failure at the consumers

lol Stop making terrible FF games focus everything into releasing a good game like Dragon Quest X.
    Have you ever looked at something and wondered how the **** it even works? That's Square Enix.

It's not just one screw that's loose, it's all of them. The pipes are bent, the bracings are on backwards, there are no relief valves, the tanks are filled with whiskey, and there's a narcoleptic blind man at the helm.

Instead of telling Square-Enix not to make games that you know you are going to go out and buy anyway, how about exercising some self control and not buy them. Because it would be pretty stupid of a video game company to just stop making entries in a game franchise that is making them millions.

(not directed to anyone in particular here, just a general statement)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Instead of telling Square-Enix not to make games that you know you are going to go out and buy anyway, how about exercising some self control and not buy them. Because it would be pretty stupid of a video game company to just stop making entries in a game franchise that is making them millions.

(not directed to anyone in particular here, just a general statement)

I see no issue with Square these days. I found FF 13 series much more fun than FF 7. I just have an issue with the time it is taking for Versus. I really wish companies did not tell us about games so early. However I guess thats how they build hype.

How did you find 13 more fun than 7? I've never played 7 but fans usually regard that as the best one, so how did you have more fun with the worse one?

How did you find 13 more fun than 7? I've never played 7 but fans usually regard that as the best one, so how did you have more fun with the worse one?
    Personal preference I guess.

I finished XIII but never VII but that might have something to do with that I dropped $60 bucks on it.

E3 can't get here soon enough, there's barely anything good that's been announced for the past year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I completed XIII through sheer force of will -- probably because a friend was playing it at the same time, too. I should go back and do the same with VII. VII, as it currently exists, feels a little dated.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    E3 can't get here soon enough, there's barely anything good that's been announced for the past year or two.
    PAX for the win!

Oh, and now that Dead Space 3 is out, How much did EA f**k it in the a** and ruin it?
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 6th February 2013 at 7:46 AM.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast