Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    No you just assumed that Jb never played the game and then when Ampy challenged you on it. You simply ignored what he said because you don't like the idea of any one having a different opinion from yours.

Furthermore it is possible to have an opinion on something on something that you have never played, if there is something about the that doesn't appeal to you.
    I am going to just laugh at you. I know jb, and i also know he has not played ff13 or any of its sequels. I also know he is a very large fan of jrpgs. Further more he has never played any of the final fantasy games, which made his whole statement about square enix based on a hop on the bandwagon routine.

edit: you can have an opinion about what you think the game will be like or whether or not you will be interested or not, but not an opinion about something you have never played. That said in this case it was a personal recommendation because again i know him and i know what kind of games he likes.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 10th February 2013 at 12:59 AM.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

I'd rather not be the indirect cause of all this but I have played FF13.

http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/SPRINKLES-ASAP/

11th game down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

11th game down.
    YOU LIED TO ME! lol

Edit: Who here is soaking up the goodness of Fire Emblem Awakening?
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 10th February 2013 at 1:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    some people have opinions that are different from yours.
    Impossible.

If that was true then there would be different genres of video games catered to the interests of all the different individuals on the market and different consoles for them to pick and choose from depending on their needs.

Wait a minute.

11th game down.
    Wait, wait, wait, there's a Bomberman game on Xbox Live?

That's like almost enough to make me buy an Xbox alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    Who here is soaking up the goodness of Fire Emblem Awakening?
    My 3DS bundle gets here on Monday. I'm super excited but kind of irritated, seeing as I ordered mine two weeks in advance and it only shipped Thursday.

That and I've talked to multiple people who ordered theirs just a day or two before the game was released and already have theirs.
    Last edited by Abstinence Pistols; 10th February 2013 at 1:32 AM.

YOU LIED TO ME! lol
    Well the last time he played it was in 1753, so he probably just forgot. 250+ years tend to make the brain forget things.
    Last edited by Xionea; 10th February 2013 at 1:43 AM. Reason: I can't add correctly

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Well the last time he played it was in 1753, so he probably just forgot. 150+ years tend to make the brain forget things.

@unova: tell me about it, i ordered my a month in advance and mine still hasnt shipped D:

11th game down.
    Oh man Perfect Dark Zero is such a bad game that it gave me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Well the last time he played it was in 1753, so he probably just forgot. 150+ years tend to make the brain forget things.
    What if his Xbox is actually a time machine? o_O;

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Impossible.

If that was true then there would be different genres of video games catered to the interests of all the different individuals on the market and different consoles for them to pick and choose from depending on their needs.

Wait a minute.
    Wait... there are?! God, I've been complaining for no reason!
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

George Washington and I where shitting on people in CoD before it became cool.

So I just got Trauma Team and Digital Devil Saga 2 in the mail today. I haven't started Trauma Team yet, but DDS 2 is pretty kickass. It doesn't **** around when you start, it's opening cinematic, small room to get your bearing than straight to the first dungeon. No fancy tutorials* no walking around talking to a bunch of npcs to figure what to do.

It kind of reminds me of Xenosaga Episode III which does the same kind of thing. I also like how even though both are continuations of a story you aren't totally lost if you haven't played the previous games.** The whole multi-games story doesn't appear to have caught on for japanese rpgs however, as I haven't seen any new games attempting it.

*all relevant game info pops up briefly when it becomes relevant, which is how I like things to go down.
    ** I don't have DDS 1 and I am only a few hours into all three of the Xenosaga games.

Edit: Who here is soaking up the goodness of Fire Emblem Awakening?
    One of my friends was last night. There was this huge video game party going on, but she was sitting in the corner playing Fire Emblem instead. I guess it must be pretty good.

I never got into the Fire Emblem series myself as the whole perma-death thing is a bit of a turn off. It looks like you can play without perma-death in the new one however, so I may pick it up if I end up getting a 3DS.
    Last edited by Zazie; 10th February 2013 at 2:45 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

George Washington and I where shitting on people in CoD before it became cool.
    Well, Halo DID come out before CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Well, Halo DID come out before CoD.
    And Doom was released out before Halo. What's your point, that Call of Duty is a rip off the Halo series?

And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

^ Best post ever.

Is Mirror's Edge good? I bought it a while ago and couldn't get used to not falling to my doom, so I stopped after the tutorial.

I pre-ordered PMD:GtI this Wednesday. After finding out GTA V's release date is in Sept. I was like "f*** it, I'll get this instead". Was going to buy PMD at a later time.

Well there's not enough games in September, so this should be good.
    'Murica

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    And Doom was released out before Halo. What's your point, that Call of Duty is a rip off the Halo series?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mxSNjf1lE

Ignore the title on that video.

Anyways, I suppose this is pretty old, but the Wii U's specs been revealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89pumWgoXZI
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 10th February 2013 at 4:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    One of my friends was last night. There was this huge video game party going on, but she was sitting in the corner playing Fire Emblem instead. I guess it must be pretty good.

I never got into the Fire Emblem series myself as the whole perma-death thing is a bit of a turn off. It looks like you can play without perma-death in the new one however, so I may pick it up if I end up getting a 3DS.
    From what I understand they fixed every flaw the game series has ever had. It apparently is a must own for every 3ds owner -_-

From what I understand they fixed every flaw the game series has ever had.
    That's a pretty bold statement. It's great but I wouldn't say it's flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Is Mirror's Edge good? I bought it a while ago and couldn't get used to not falling to my doom, so I stopped after the tutorial.
    I saw a let's play of that game and to be honest I thought the game looked boring and platforming in first person isn't good game design, the story was also nothing special.

Of course having said that I haven't even played the game.

^ Best post ever.

Um, Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game with a truly beautiful design approach. The gameplay is deep yet only requires mostly the use of one button. (Kind of like Gears of War). The story is okay but it isn't bad. It's not original though.

It's seriously a game you should finish if you still have it. I don't know why this doesn't have a sequel yet. I mean, out of all the terrible First-Person games released in the last couple of years, the one good doesn't get one.

My friend gave me a free coupon for 20 dollars off anything on Origin a while back, so now I have Mirror's Edge but I'm not sure if it's worth installing Origin to play it.

I don't like Mirror's Edge contrary to everyone else in this subforum. I found the controls to be too stiff and the gameplay mechanics to be cheap at times. *runs away*
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Also - for anyone that has the PC version of Borderlands 2, can you manually copy saves from machine to machine?

I have the Steam version of BL2, and my friend has the Mac App Store version. He offered to let me download it off his account for free so we could play together when the co-op comes out, but can I copy my character saves from one version of the game to the other if I have both installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement. It's great but I wouldn't say it's flawless.
    "from what i understand" lol

and every flaw the series had as in things a lot people didn't like about the fire emblem series in general. ie permadeath.

Um, Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game with a truly beautiful design approach. The gameplay is deep yet only requires mostly the use of one button. (Kind of like Gears of War). The story is okay but it isn't bad. It's not original though.

It's seriously a game you should finish if you still have it. I don't know why this doesn't have a sequel yet. I mean, out of all the terrible First-Person games released in the last couple of years, the one good doesn't get one.
    This seems to be a problem with most AAA publishers and developers in general.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast