Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    What else did you buy this year? Not much good stuff came out this year anyway.
    Mainly Resident Evil 6. Some of my friends (who told me to buy it no less) say the game is great, but I didn't enjoy it. And Assassin's Creed 3 in some parts.

Then again, I haven't bought as much this year so I might have missed out on some good titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    Eh, I'd disagree.
    Dishonored
    XCOM
    Sleeping Dogs
    The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
    The Wii U
    Halo 4
    FFXIII-2
    The Walking Dead
    Hitman: Absolution
    Soulcalibur V
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Resident Evil 6
    Twisted Metal
    Mass Effect 3
    FIFA 13
    Tales of Grace f

There's more, but I don't feel like listing anymore. Go here instead.
    Compared to last year, which had:
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Dead Space 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Crysis 2
    Magicka
    Killzone 3
    Bulletstorm
    Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II
    Pokemon Black/White
    Dragon Age II
    Homefront
    Portal 2
    LA Noire
    Infamous 2
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Bastion
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dead Island
    Resistance 3
    Warhammer 40k Space Marine
    Red Orchestra 2
    Gears of War 3
    Dark Souls
    RAGE
    Arkham City
    Saints Row the Third
    Uncharted 3
    Skyrim

It could have been worse, but compared to years past, there weren't a whole lot of great titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    Mainly Resident QTEvil 6.
    Ah, that explains it.

last year also had The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unless of course you consider it a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    last year also had The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unless of course you consider it a disappointment.
    Skyward Sword just felt kind of...off. Like, it felt pretty linear for a LoZ game. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it (once the story finally decided to show up during the third dungeon); the environments were gorgeous, the OST was pretty solid, there were very memorable characters, and once the plot FINALLY started moving, it was a great story. It was just...strange, I guess you could say.

Didn't Pushmo come out last year? That was fun.

Last year also had Rayman Origins. I mean, that combined with Portal 2 means that this year is just gonna end up not seeming as good by comparison.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Uh, Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising were 2009 titles, unless you meant the Retribution expansion. Mass Effect 2 was a 2010 title.

And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle. Also, compared to Crysis, aka Benchmarking Tool 2007, I was disappointed with Crysis 2. Eschewing the sandbox jungle for a linear city and streamlining just about everything was a pretty bad move. DX11 was only slightly more taxing on hardware, but it still can't beat its predecessor and Metro 2033.
    Last edited by Artorias; 3rd December 2012 at 5:58 AM.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
    And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle.
    Believe it or not, I agree with you. I was pretty into it at first, as I was with the previous entries, but like the others, I got bored with it after awhile. Now the only way it keeps my interests is with mods, and even then it's not that fantastic. I'm going to be pirating the new addon, maybe I'll get back into it again, but not like I used to be.
    Maybe if the story were actually good, and the environments a lot less copy-and-paste, it'd be easier to get back into.

It's kinda how it was with Borderlands 2 this year, for me. I got it and I didn't put it down for quite some time, and now I don't want to think about picking it up again until the next expansions come out. It's just gotten so boring.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 3rd December 2012 at 5:59 AM.

Xenoblade was the best game released this year. In the states at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    It's kinda how it was with Borderlands 2 this year, for me. I got it and I didn't put it down for quite some time, and now I don't want to think about picking it up again until the next expansions come out. It's just gotten so boring.
    It's the same with me, but the difference between it and Skyrim is that it actually left a pretty good impression in my case, so it went out with more of a bang than a whimper. The villain was memorable, the writing was funny, with some heartrending parts, and the gameplay was actually quite good, especially with others.

I myself can't wait for disgaea d2 next year :3 I welcome flonne, etna and laharl back in hd. Disgaea 4 was good but nothing beats the classic cast.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

I need an immersive game experiance, one I haven't experianced for a year since Portal 2 and Skyward Sword this month. Does anyone have recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I need an immersive game experiance, one I haven't experianced for a year since Portal 2 and Skyward Sword this month. Does anyone have recommendations?
    The first thing that pops up off the top of my head is Dark Souls. It sucked me in for months on end, not because it's a genuine challenge, but because the gameplay is deep and immersive. Everything has to be planned out in advance for both PvP and PvE, and when you die, you have to learn from your mistake, otherwise you can't move forward with the game. You can get the game cheap, for around $20, and the DLC for $15 if you're not on PC, which costs $40.

The first thing that pops up off the top of my head is Dark Souls. It sucked me in for months on end, not because it's a genuine challenge, but because the gameplay is deep and immersive. Everything has to be planned out in advance for both PvP and PvE, and when you die, you have to learn from your mistake, otherwise you can't move forward with the game. You can get the game cheap, for around $20, and the DLC for $15 if you're not on PC, which costs $40.
    Its funny because that game was almost to immersive for me lol.

@Zibdas: it would help to know what consoles you have.

Xenoblade. I assume you have a Wii since you've played SS.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    I myself can't wait for disgaea d2 next year :3 I welcome flonne, etna and laharl back in hd. Disgaea 4 was good but nothing beats the classic cast.
    A (spiritual) sequel to Makai Kingdom would beat it.* But other than that yes, the game sounds great. I still need to play 3 and 4 but I don't have PS3/V

*If you are a fan of Disgaea and haven't tried the game, I recommend checking it out. It's like a spin-off of the series with some very interesting mechanics.
    Last edited by Zazie; 3rd December 2012 at 4:35 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    A (spiritual) sequel to Makai Kingdom would beat it.* But other than that yes, the game sounds great. I still need to play 3 and 4 but I don't have PS3/V

*If you are a fan of Disgaea and haven't tried the game, I recommend checking it out. It's like a spin-off of the series with some very interesting mechanics.
    I have played every nippon ichi game known to man, (except a couple) but for the most part anyway. And yes I love makai kingdom and pram = etna. Zetta > Laharl. But it just lacks the charm that disgaea has imo. It has the same gimmicky yet orginal mechanics as phantom brave for the most part.

*for what its worth they remade it for psp in japan (makai kingdom that is)

Uh, Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising were 2009 titles, unless you meant the Retribution expansion. Mass Effect 2 was a 2010 title.

And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle. Also, compared to Crysis, aka Benchmarking Tool 2007, I was disappointed with Crysis 2. Eschewing the sandbox jungle for a linear city and streamlining just about everything was a pretty bad move. DX11 was only slightly more taxing on hardware, but it still can't beat its predecessor and Metro 2033.
    i literally thought Skyrim was one of the best games I ever played but then I read online about how Oblivion's missions were better as compared to "...and I need you to go clear out this Falmer cave!" that always came up in Skyrim. It did seem to get repetitive once I realized that, added with the fact that I can't get mods on the ps3 :c

http://mp1st.com/2012/11/30/battlefr...before-canned/

A Wild glimmer of hope appears

It ran away

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    http://mp1st.com/2012/11/30/battlefr...before-canned/

A Wild glimmer of hope appears

It ran away
    The game seemed so beautiful, and then they crushed it...

The game seemed so beautiful, and then they crushed it...

That's what happens when you get bought out by EA (Electronic Assholes).

That's what happens when you get bought out by EA (Electronic Assholes).
    However true that acronym may be, EA did not buy Free Radical; FR became Crytek UK. Nor did EA buy LucasArts, who publishes every single Star Wars game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    However true that acronym may be, EA did not buy Free Radical; FR became Crytek UK. Nor did EA buy LucasArts, who publishes every single Star Wars game.
    I thought SWB was made by Pamdemic Studios...

I thought SWB was made by Pamdemic Studios...
    Pandemic developed the original two, yes. The handheld games were by Rebellion. And Free Radical was going to develop Battlefront III until LucasArts killed the project before it came to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Pandemic developed the original two, yes. The handheld games were by Rebellion. And Free Radical was going to develop Battlefront III until LucasArts killed the project before it came to fruition.
    Wait, now that Disney owns the rights to LucasArts, we could very possibly see SWBIII?

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast