Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    I just found out that Megaman X Street Fighter is actually a fan-made ROM hack which Capcom stole, repackaged, and sold as their own game. That's ****ing low Capcom!!! I want a ****ing apology to the fans for misleading with the idea that this was an original game.
    -_-
    It's not a ROM hack it's made on another engine and uses alot of original assets. Also capcom did not steal anything, they announced ON STREAM that it was a fan project that received direct input from them, if anyone is reporting something different they are the one's misleading people not capcom.

Also Inafune did not take the rights for megaman, the series is still owned entirely by capcom.
    Last edited by Vascals; 9th December 2012 at 9:02 PM.

o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Vascals View Post
    -_-
    It's not a ROM hack it's made on another engine and uses alot of original assets. Also capcom did not steal anything, they announced ON STREAM that it was a fan project that received direct input from them, if anyone is reporting something different they are the one's misleading people not capcom.

Also Inafune did not take the rights for megaman, the series is still owned entirely by capcom.
    Okay perhaps it was a misunderstanding, when inafune left capcom the megaman series did too. God I hate people like you who come in and **** on everything just make them self look smart.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    Okay perhaps it was a misunderstanding, when inafune left capcom the megaman series did too. God I hate people like you who come in and **** on everything just make them self look smart.
    **** on everything? im just trying to make people avoid unnecessary hate on game companys. i dont agree with what capcom did up until now, but they should be praised for giving support to a fan project, think about what this could mean, this could send a message to the higher ups that megaman is still a really strong brand and that they should invest on it more. If i came off as someone trying to look smart im sorry that was not my intention, i just didnt want people to spread around hate for no reason.

o.o

God I hate people like you who come in and **** on everything just make them self look smart.
    Well then you should learn to do proper research before you start spouting nonsense that aren't remotely true, so you can avoid embarrassing situation like this.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Well then you should learn to do proper research before you start spouting nonsense that aren't remotely true, so you can avoid embarrassing situation like this.
    Embarressing situation? Name one megaman game thats been made since he left. lol sounds like you need to do rsearch kiddo not me. I didn't mean he litterly took it, the franchise came to a halt when he left. Capcom refused to finish Megaman Legends 3 and X9 upon his leaving.

Edit: In an effort to keep this thread alive anyone besides me looking forward to the new PMd game for 3ds?
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 10th December 2012 at 6:36 PM.

Ken Levine on why the BioShock Infinite cover is so generic

If that's what he was shooting for, maybe he should have put Elizabeth on the front cover, if you get what I'm getting at.

Embarressing situation? Name one megaman game thats been made since he left. lol sounds like you need to do rsearch kiddo not me. I didn't mean he litterly took it, the franchise came to a halt when he left. Capcom refused to finish Megaman Legends 3 and X9 upon his leaving.
    False cause (and Capcom stated the cancellation has nothing to do with Inafune leaving the company). Also, Inafune hasn't been involved with much of the X series past X4, if any. Also, what is this X9 thing? I heard nothing about this whatsoever.

(Also, there have been Mega Man mobile phone games in Japan, but I don't know if you'd count those.)
    Last edited by The Admiral; 10th December 2012 at 8:07 PM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Edit: In an effort to keep this thread alive anyone besides me looking forward to the new PMd game for 3ds?
    Protip: Insulting someone over something you're wrong about and then saying "Okay guys lets try and keep this thread alive" doesn't help anything.

And it doesn't matter that Inafune left, there hadn't been a new Mega Man game made since 2007 anyway. Even if he had stayed it wouldn't have changed anything. The team working on Legends 3 stated that they would make the game even without him there, so the game's cancellation didn't have anything to do with him leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post

If that's what he was shooting for, maybe he should have put Elizabeth on the front cover, if you get what I'm getting at.
    I mean, I kind of get the idea behind what he was saying, but maybe he should have used the Beast of America pic (the one with Booker holding his revolver and Elizabeth looking at the camera). It looks great and accomplishes the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I mean, I kind of get the idea behind what he was saying, but maybe he should have used the Beast of America pic (the one with Booker holding his revolver and Elizabeth looking at the camera). It looks great and accomplishes the same purpose.
    This too. I wonder if he's just making a mockery of the general public.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post

We went and did a tour… around to a bunch of, like, frathouses and places like that. People who were gamers.
    MAD.
    SO MAD.
    STOPPED READING THERE.
    Oh my God what is happening.

Either Kenny was drunk, or, again, he's mocking the public.

The usual links

IGN has their voting open for the best rpg of the year.

I don't even know where to start with this.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-201...e-Playing_Game

Maybe with the fact that they're all Western, to my knowledge? And that there's no Fallout 3 or New Vegas even within those restrictions? Or in keeping with the theme of pseudo-RPGs, there's no BioShock?

Then again, it's IGN.

The usual links

Those are only for 2012 releases. And the PS3 ports for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and BioShock were all less than stellar.

As for the Infinite box art, I probably won't even see it because Steam. If it encourages more gamers to try out BioShock who wouldn't have, then fine. It's not like I'll see it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

Oh, God, XCOM is in there. And it's a strategy game.

Quick, everyone pull up proxies and vote for XCOM multiple times so it wins. And the best RPG of 2012 won't even be an RPG.

It'll be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vascals View Post
    -_-

Oh, *facepalms* apparently, the person I heard it from was a freaking derpmaster. It still bothers me that we didn't get an actual game in the vein of Megaman 11 or Megaman X9 or that MML3 Wasn't revived. I mean, it looks nice and all, but they should've done more for the 25th anniversary of their biggest mascot.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

Would Counter-Strike Global Offensive be worth the buy on console?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Protip: Insulting someone over something you're wrong about and then saying "Okay guys lets try and keep this thread alive" doesn't help anything.

And it doesn't matter that Inafune left, there hadn't been a new Mega Man game made since 2007 anyway. Even if he had stayed it wouldn't have changed anything. The team working on Legends 3 stated that they would make the game even without him there, so the game's cancellation didn't have anything to do with him leaving.
    At least the speculation i made, made more sense then you stating something that is obviously false. MML3 barely when into production and when inafune offered to complete it under contract he was refused. (And this is kind of a duh moment for both of us since a MM game was released in 2008 and 2010.).

And protip: Read the word "edit" and the time it was edited compared to the post time next time before assuming intentions.

And as far as hating Capcom its pretty hard to hate a Company who defined two massive game genres lol

And as far as hating Capcom its pretty hard to hate a Company who defined two massive game genres lol
    Not really, while they were great back in the day, they're trash now. They've cancelled two potentially great games, never localized a whole bunch more, and overall, has let down the general gaming community.

Even better, the two games they cancelled was from the franchise that made Capcom so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Not really, while they were great back in the day, they're trash now. They've cancelled two potentially great games, never localized a whole bunch more, and overall, has let down the general gaming community.

Even better, the two games they cancelled was from the franchise that made Capcom so great.
    I can assure you there other companies that are guilty of the same thing except worse. When square enix decides not to localize two final fantasies you know there is something wrong lol. And while megaman was popular street fighter and resident evil play equal roles and thier popularity.

I can assure you there other companies that are guilty of the same thing except worse. When square enix decides not to localize two final fantasies you know there is something wrong lol. And while megaman was popular street fighter and resident evil play equal roles and thier popularity.
    While Square is guilty of not publishing Type-0, where's the second one you speak of? Also, I know other companies are guilty of cancelling games and not localizing them. But most of the time, it was either due to a lack of interest in the game in the west or just not knowing what the game was about. However, those games would have been extremely popular here in the west if they were localized as there are strong fanbases for them. However they weren't and Capcom is losing a major chunk of their profits because of it. Also, Capcomlist of disappointments is constantly growing.

And look at the most recent RE game. Tell me, how was it? A letdown.

If Project X Zone isn't localized, I blame Capcom for this, why? Bandai Namco has expressed a lot of interest in bringing this game over and despite some Sonic games sucking like no tomorrow, at least they localize most of their games.
    Last edited by Recon; 11th December 2012 at 1:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    Those are only for 2012 releases. And the PS3 ports for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and BioShock were all less than stellar.
    Fair enough. There's still a bit of massive failure here.

Oh, God, XCOM is in there. And it's a strategy game.

Quick, everyone pull up proxies and vote for XCOM multiple times so it wins. And the best RPG of 2012 won't even be an RPG.

It'll be glorious.
    It'd be fitting, too.

Well, I guess at this juncture, what do you expect?

The usual links

While Square is guilty of not publishing Type-0, where's the second one you speak of? Also, I know other companies are guilty of cancelling games and not localizing them. But most of the time, it was either due to a lack of interest in the game in the west or just not knowing what the game was about. However, those games would have been extremely popular here in the west if they were localized as there are strong fanbases for them. However they weren't and Capcom is losing a major chunk of their profits because of it. Also, Capcomlist of disappointments is constantly growing.

And look at the most recent RE game. Tell me, how was it? A letdown.

If Project X Zone isn't localized, I blame Capcom for this, why? Bandai Namco has expressed a lot of interest in bringing this game over and despite some Sonic games sucking like no tomorrow, at least they localize most of their games.
    Final Fantasy X hd isn't scheduled to be localized. At least not yet anyway. And I want to punch them in the head for not localizing Bravely default flying fairy but thats just me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ix_video_games <- at the bottem of this list.

Also I think the fact that namco x capcom was never localized might have something to do with project X zone not being localized aswell.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 11th December 2012 at 1:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

Well you know how the old saying goes.

"You can't spell ignorant without IGN."

I am not surprised, thankfully they released it for the PS3 as well so I can import it.

Square Enix has already decided not to localize the other big JRPG, Dragon Quest. The only reason we got the DS Dragon Quest games was because Nintendo localized them.

Four things;

1. Namco don't make the Sonic games.
    2. Sonic isn't even in Project X Zone.
    3. Sonic Colours, Generation are good Sonic games and Sonic 4-II was pretty good.
    4. I really doubt that Crapcom is the one that's blocking the localization of Project X Zone especially if Namco was willing to localize the game. If Project X Zone doesn't get localized it would be because of the low sale in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Darn, that one looks fun.
    Same here.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast