Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    Final Fantasy X hd isn't scheduled to be localized. At least not yet anyway.And I want to punch them in the head for not localizing Bravely default flying fairy but thats just me.
    With Bravery Default we're not sure if it's coming out or not in the US. SE hasn't denied a western release, unlike Capcom who has denied any possibility of a Western release., so there's still a possibility for Bravery Default to come over.

Also, I hated FFX. Friggen Tidus. Then again, I hate most of the FF games after VI, except the FF Tactics series, those were great.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    1. Namco don't make the Sonic games.
    2. Sonic isn't even in Project X Zone.
    3. Sonic Colours, Generation are good Sonic games and Sonic 4-II was pretty good.
    4. I really doubt that Crapcom is the one that's blocking the localization of Project X Zone especially if Namco was willing to localize the game. If Project X Zone doesn't get localized it would be because of the low sale in Japan.
    1. D'oh! I meant to put Sega somewhere in that sentence, my bad, my bad.
    2. I know he isn't but that's the only thing I could come up with when it came to their main VG icon
    3. Yeah, but...06.
    4. That's a definite possibility, but I have my own theories ya know?
    Last edited by Recon; 11th December 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

@Blaze boy: Right but that for a legitimate reason, and also that kind of proves my point dont you think?

@Grim Heaper: Regardless of whether you like FFX or not doesnt mean it wasnt a huge success. There is no reason what so ever not to localize it. And considering how many awards Bravely Default got in Japan (exaggerated but you get the point) it was pretty idiotic to even contemplate not localizing.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 11th December 2012 at 2:14 AM.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

While we're hating on Capcom, can we also hate Electronic Assholes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    While we're hating on Capcom, can we also hate Electronic Assholes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ
    They're even lower than Capcom on my list of companies I hate, and Capcom is pretty damn low already.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    It'd be fitting, too.
    Oh, IGN. They're so silly.

On the topic of IGN, I had some good fun with this.

And as far as hating Capcom its pretty hard to hate a Company who defined two massive game genres lol
    Super Street Fighter 4 Super Hyper Golden Extreme Arcade Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post

Is Tomb Raider a Mega Man for adults?
    uh yes sure
    This is so sadly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    uh yes sure
    This is so sadly true.
    Should GoldenEye be a live action movie?

Good question.

Good question.
    "What Lollipop Chainsaw Could Learn from Mario."
    The saddest part about this all is that it is completely plausible headlines for IGN.

And as far as hating Capcom its pretty hard to hate a Company who defined two massive game genres lol
    There needs to be a term for these kinds of responses -- I propose "progenitor worship fallacy," but some people would consider that too vindictive or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    "What Lollipop Chainsaw Could Learn from Mario."
    The saddest part about this all is that it is completely plausible headlines for IGN.
    Wouldn't Lollipop Chainsaw first need to learn something from good taste? Or perhaps more along the lines of learning something from Bayonetta.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I got this:

Why Eternal Darkness will step on Battlefield's face.
    King World is a pro

Good question.
    looool everyone knows movies based off games are terrible.
    And games based off movies are almost always terrible.

Wouldn't Lollipop Chainsaw first need to learn something from good taste? Or perhaps more along the lines of learning something from Bayonetta.
    I thought Lollipop Chainsaw was pretty hilarious, to be honest. It wasn't that great, but I got some laughs out of it. :u

Also that story generator.
    Yeah.
    About that.
        Spoiler:- This sounds like a real story from them.:
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 11th December 2012 at 6:07 PM.

So apparently,there are people *censored*ing about Bayonetta 2 being for Wii U.You'd think those brats would realize that Nintendo is the reason 2 is even happening and just be thankful.

I'm sure i't's nothing new,but I just found out about it and found it stupid.

There needs to be a term for these kinds of responses -- I propose "progenitor worship fallacy," but some people would consider that too vindictive or something.
    For what its worth the only capcom franchise I enjoyed is breathe of fire and ironically enough that was barely capcom's franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    So apparently,there are people *censored*ing about Bayonetta 2 being for Wii U.You'd think those brats would realize that Nintendo is the reason 2 is even happening and just be thankful.

I'm sure i't's nothing new,but I just found out about it and found it stupid.
    It's just odd, y'know?
    Bayonetta was never released for the Wii, so the sequel being there is quite odd. It's also strange that they got Bam Ham City, but without Asylum (or reading), you really have no idea what's going on, why the City was created, why Joker looks the way he does, etc. It's just very strange.

How is it odd?Sony and Microsoft didn't want it and Nintendo picked it up.

It just seems strange from a story-telling perspective. Unless Bayonetta 2 has absolutely nothing to do with the first (and since they share titles, one would assume they have at least something in common), those who didn't play the first game might not really understand what's going on, unless the first 10 minutes of the game are full of so much exposition that your face will explode. Sure, you can argue that most people who buy it will be the ones who had access to the first game, but that isn't always the case. Many people jump into a series through a sequel; a lot of people started into the Fallout series with 3, TES with Oblivion and Skyrim, Killzone with 2, MGS with 2 or 3, and a whole host of other games. Some of these games were pretty forgiving with people who were new and picking them up for the first time; Fallout 3/NV were completely different from 1/2/Tactics, but still gave you the background if you looked hard enough. The Elder Scrolls has books EVERYWHERE that tell you the history of the series and different provinces, you just have to read. Others aren't AS forgiving, like Metal Gear, in that the only one that really covered the previous games was 4, and 2 mentioned a few things about Shadow Moses, but it was mostly Raiden-centric until the latter part of the game, so it was an easier jumping-in point, unlike 3 which was just like "lol have fun figuring this shit out."

The biggest thing with this is we don't know WHAT route Bayonetta 2 is going to take, and it's worrisome to people who truly enjoyed the first game.

Think of it this way: let's say you wrote a book that is adored by a good number of people. As you're contemplating a sequel, you talk it over with your publisher and they're like "eh, nah, let's not do another book." You are, however, approached by some producers who want you to make your book's sequel into a movie, rather than a book, and if that takes off well, they'll do the first book later, as a prequel. Your fans are confused and angry, because you're jumping to a different platform and appealing to a COMPLETELY different audience than before with a story they might not understand without having read the book. Therefore, the movie takes some creative liberties and kinda dumbs it down with extreme amounts of exposition, bothering your original fanbase, yet bringing in a newer one that may or may not be interested in the title that it was originally based off.

I should really be working right now.

Fair enough,but to b*tch incessantly about it is really unneccesary.I get being upset about it(I'd probably be a little annoyed if Disgaea jumped ship)but sooner or later you need to learn to let it the h*ll go and just be thankful you even have it at all.
    Last edited by Born Better; 12th December 2012 at 1:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Fair enough,but to b*tch incessantly about it is really unneccesary.I get being upset about it(I'd probably be a little annoyed if Disgaea jumped ship)but sooner or later you need to learn to let it the h*ll go and just be thankful you even have it at all.Besides it's like you said,we don't know squat about the game(which I just won)yet.At least wait for it to come out and if it sucks,then trash it.
    For the love of god, please put spaces after your periods and commas. It is terribly unpleasant to the eye.

No.............

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    looool everyone knows movies based off games are terrible.
    And games based off movies are almost always terrible.
    I think The SPongebob Squarepants Movie and Spider-Man 2 are the only good movie adaptions I've ever played.

Iunno Aladdin was a pretty chill game back in the day.

Totally forgot about those. Aladdin was the best of those Disney games. The others I didn't particularly care for.

The Lion King wasnt that bad but Aladdin was better definitally.

I never could get the hang of Jungle Book either.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast