Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Yeah that one was tough. Along with that, "The pagemaster" was a pretty good/hard one too.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

Off topic; has anyone ever played Sneak King?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Nah I am xboxless

That is, like, the best of those Burger King games. I'm absolutely in love with it.

Pocket Bike Racer was the best. I never played Big Bumpin' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Pocket Bike Racer was the best. I never played Big Bumpin' though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    That is, like, the best of those Burger King games. I'm absolutely in love with it.
    I'm genuinely surprised to hear that; never heard anything good about them before. I still can never decide whether or not I like them, because I remember playing them when they first came out and being thoroughly creeped out.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was a pretty good adaptation of a film into a video game. But that's the only one I can think of that I enjoyed.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE.
    Well, those interested in Bioshock: Infinite, that is.
    There has been a poll posted to choose the flip-side cover for the game. That means when you open the case, you can take out the awful cover, flip it over, and there will be a beautiful new one on the other side to adorn your case of choosing with.
    Here is the poll.
    VOTE.
    Personally, I'm torn between 4 and 6. A glorious propaganda-type poster, or dat lovely painting. DECISIONS.

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE.
    There has been a poll posted to choose the flip-side cover for the game. That means when you open the case, you can take out the awful cover, flip it over, and there will be a beautiful new one on the other side to adorn your case of choosing with.
    Here is the poll.
    VOTE.
    Personally, I'm torn between 4 and 6. A glorious propaganda-type poster, or dat lovely painting. DECISIONS.
    Get all of them as special inserts. I MEAN

Actually, only 4 and 6 look that good. And 6 is an already-released piece of art. 1 looks especially not-well because of its coloring.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

And while we're in hype mode, who here has played Black Mesa?

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE.
    Here is the poll.
    VOTE.
    So design 4 is winning...
    Am I the only one who likes #2?

I like Design #5 for the Bioshock cover. It has both characters without focusing on the heroine's ridiculous cleavage. It just feels more classy than what they went with. The others look like concept art, and while those look very pretty, 5 feels like an actual game cover.

While I'm not a Bioshock fan and know literally nothing about the game, I'll put in my two cents on the designs.

1. It feels like there's something missing. Sure we get a picture of the heroine (that's her right?) but that's kind of it.

2. I honestly don't understand it, one of my least favorites based on design.

3. It looks nice, but almost too nice, like an action movie poster rather than a videogame cover. Perhaps it's the sparks with the main character (that is him right?) slinging a weapon, and heroine that makes it feel this way. all in all, I think there's just too much going on.

4. Despite the fact I don't really understand it, I actually quite like it. It's got a rustic feel to it and makes it look like the over to an book from the library, which I like. You get the feeling of opening your favorite book as you open the game case. This I could definitely see winning.

5. Like 3, I get an action movie-vibe from it, but toned down and there isn't too much stuff in there. This is another possible winner to me.

6. This one, I'm kinda mixed on. I'm not sure what it's about, but it looks good, but I just don't understand it, most likely because I don't know what the game is about.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

So, anyone else impatient for E3? It feels like there's been almost nothing remotely good for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Game wise @ impatient for Grand Theft Auto V and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. E3 can happen when it does as Q2 is when i start to follow spoilers.
    Unique DWF's owned: 77
    --
    dex status if i played my games to fullest? 4th gen legit but for not being a gen4 arceus owner; 5th gen missing Meloetta, full otherwise (Celebi, Mew, Shaymin would need transfer eventually)

Proud to NOT be a legend trader

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So, anyone else impatient for E3? It feels like there's been almost nothing remotely good for months.
    Dude. Dark Souls II and MGSV just got announced. Revengeance, Dead Space 3 and Anarchy Reigns are just around the corner.

Oh wait, that's just what I'm hyped about.

Which is the correct cover art? I did a search but there's a bunch of different ones that look like they could be the one.

Anyway, I think I prefer 6, although I might go with for 4 if it was drawn in the same style as 6.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Is the only difference between jRPGs and wRPGs the location of the developer?

No the style of game and presentation. Jrpgs are often plot driven with typically cliche characters, and long cutscene oriented presentation. Wrpgs are usually gameplay driven with higher weight on the quests etc from npcs then the characters you play as.

A perfect example of wrpg is Skyrim, while the story is important it is the gameplay that counts in that game. I suppose there are exceptions to everything though since Mass Effect (to my undestanding) has a great story hat keeps you wanting more.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/th...pgs.185558462/

^ this might help you to better understand the many differences.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 13th December 2012 at 3:24 PM.

Here's a couple of helpful informational videos about the differences.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...se-rpgs-part-1
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...se-rpgs-part-2
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...se-rpgs-part-3
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

HNNNNNG the Revengeance demo is currently region locked, unless you bought ZOE HD.
    Unfortunately, I have not gotten it yet.
    KOJIMAAAAAA.

edit;; Hitman HD Collection coming in February.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 13th December 2012 at 5:30 PM.

http://www.gog.com/

Everyone get in there now.

They're having their winter sale - The Witcher is 2 and a half bucks, and the Witcher 2 is 7 and a half for today. Plus there's a bunch of other stuff, and it's all DRM free.

Now if only I had better internet to download 20 gigabytes for TW2.

Yes.

RPG's have a lot of subgenres, some of which are more popular in certain regions, but the difference between any given JRPG and WRPG can vary wildly. It could be argued that there are different common story tropes between the two, but game genres are classified by gameplay not narrative.

Action RPG's involve repeatedly buttons for combat. (Kingdom Hearts, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance)
    Turn Based RPG's involve taking turns selecting actions (Pokemon, Final Fantasy)
    Real Time RPG's involve charater automcatically once commanded until you select another action (Neverwinter Nights, Xenoblade)
    Strategy RPG's invole moving dudes on a grid to fight (Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics)
    Roguelikes (think like Pokemon mystery dungeon)
    MMORPGs (World of Warcraft)
    Card Battle RPG's (Phantasy Star Online 3)
    etc.,

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Yes.

RPG's have a lot of subgenres, some of which are more popular in certain regions, but the difference between any given JRPG and WRPG can vary wildly. It could be argued that there are different common story tropes between the two, but game genres are classified by gameplay not narrative.

Action RPG's involve repeatedly buttons for combat. (Kingdom Hearts, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance)
    Turn Based RPG's involve taking turns selecting actions (Pokemon, Final Fantasy)
    Real Time RPG's involve charater automcatically once commanded until you select another action (Neverwinter Nights, Xenoblade)
    Strategy RPG's invole moving dudes on a grid to fight (Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics)
    Roguelikes (think like Pokemon mystery dungeon)
    MMORPGs (World of Warcraft)
    Card Battle RPG's (Phantasy Star Online 3)
    etc.,
    You are obviously incorrect, vastly. Jrpg and Wrpg are barely even the same genre.

Edit: Watching those videos that grim heaper just posted will greatly change your perspective on this.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 13th December 2012 at 5:58 PM.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast